Robert Ryan Catering & Design Reviews

157 | Collegeville, PA

157 Reviews for Robert Ryan Catering & Design

Courtney · Married on 09/14/2013

We hired Robert Ryan Catering and Design to do off-site catering for our September wedding. We had met with several other caterers and Robert Ryan was by far the most impressive with their food and service. Our venue was a somewhat unique location and Robert Ryan took the time to do several site visits and make sure we would have the most ideal layout. Everyone we worked with from Robert Ryan was friendly, responsive and made me feel like everything would be taken care of. Everything they promised me was delivered and our wedding day couldn't have gone more smoothly. The service and food on our wedding day was excellent and I am still getting compliments about it. I could not be happier with the service from Robert Ryan and I would recommend them to any bride or anyone looking to have a great party.

Sent on 11/11/2013

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

THANK YOU so much Courtney for taking the time to review us!! Also, thank you so much for your kind reviews AND for making this our 100th review!!! We wish you and Bradford MANY years of love&laughter :)

Kim · Married on 08/04/2013

If you have the chance to have Robert Ryan Catering for your event, DO IT, you will not be sorry. They made our wedding day perfect! They provided everything that we asked for and more. The food was exquisite and the presentation was so creative. They came up with so many great and unique ideas after just talking to us once. We received a lot of compliments on the food throughout the night. We had a unique and delicious stationary display and amazing passed hors d'oeuvres. The food was to die for, you could cut the filet with a butter knife, just perfect! I can’t say enough about the staff and how fluidly the Ryan team worked together. The staff was amazing. They were so nice and really wanted to make sure that not only the bride and groom, but every wedding guest was having a great time. Robert Ryan catering made my wedding a HIT. I wish we could do it all over again! Best day of my life- Thank you guys so much!!!!-- Tom and Kim married 8/4/2013

Sent on 08/08/2013

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you SO much Kim for taking the time to review us and for ALL of the kind words :) We so appreciate your feedback and hope you will keep us in mind in the future for anything else we could help with! :)

We had our wedding reception at Columbia Station and we couldn't have asked for anything better from Robert Ryan Catering! Everyone that we worked with leading up to our special day was so helpful and professional and truly made our day perfect. The food was absolutely delicious, our event supervisor and all of the staff made sure the service was incredible, and the venue looked beautiful. Robert Ryan Catering generously provided us with everything we asked for and was very helpful along our planning journey and even gave us extra perks in order to make the room look perfect. Our whole wedding reception went so smoothly and just the way we wanted! We have heard nothing but compliments for all of our guests. We appreciate everyone's hard work in making our day so great! We will definitely be recommending Robert Ryan Catering to our friends and would love to work with them again for any future events we may have.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/15/2013

From day one Robert Ryan catering was the best thing that happened to my wedding. In fact, they are the only caterer we met with for our reception at the Phoenixville Foundry. We were just so impressed with Bob Ryan and his ability to listen to what we had in mind and literally lay out our vision (with improvements!!) right from the start.

We reserved Robert Ryan Catering in December of 2011 for a June 2013 wedding. They stayed in communication with us throughout the months, reminding us when decisions were due or meetings with them needed to be scheduled. We had our tasting in September 2012 at Columbia Station and brought both our parents who were equally impressed with the food and the service they provided. Then we met with Bob at the Foundry again in April, where he walked us back through the space and talked about some of the "upgrades" RR catering had made since we booked our package. Let's be honest, when it comes to weddings EVERYTHING is an upsell. But not with Robert Ryan. Bob told us about the amazing bar with customizable LED lights and a dark wood bookcase accent, dessert table that spelled out LOVE and the full living room set complete with couches and end tables. And then he told us it was all going to be added to our existing package at no charge because it was now standard for weddings at the Foundry. We were blown away at the value and that is just one of the many examples of the amazing customer service experience we had with Bob and team.

Robert Ryan Catering and Design are extremely skilled professionals that will not only make the experience of planning a wedding very personal, but also very easy. I cannot imagine our wedding day without them!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! We truly enjoyed working with you and wish you many many years of happiness! :)

Robert Ryan Catering was so wonderful to work with. From the moment we met them at an event, until the very last minutes of our reception, we were interacting with truly kind and caring professionals. We did not have a single worry thanks to such a wonderful, hard-working catering company! The food was delicious, visually appealing, and plentiful! They were so accommodating - we met many times to go over menu choices, details, final questions, etc... and at every meeting I left feeling more confident and excited for the big day. On our actual wedding day, my six-year-old vegetarian flower girl got a special meal made just for her, and when my great aunt and uncle needed to leave the reception before dark, their dinners were brought out early so they could enjoy before they left. Robert Ryan Catering also did a beautiful job setting up for the reception; they put out our family photos, set up our seating chart display, and they even let us use their outdoor ceremony space for some lawn games. The server dedicated to my husband and I even chased us down outside while taking photos in the 90 degree weather to bring us ice water - so sweet!
    We had an amazing experience with Robert Ryan Catering, and if we had the pleasure of doing everything over again, we would definitely still go with this great caterer! I definitely would recommend them to any couple looking for great quality, communication, and also pricing.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to leaving such a wonderful message. :)

Aileen · Married on 04/20/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Robert Ryan and his staff. They were the most helpful, put-together group. They made the day perfect and stress-free!!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Jacqui · Married on 04/13/2013

An amazing night, wonderful food, phenominal furniture pieces. Robert Ryan made our wedding one to remember. All of the staff to include our day of coordinator, Julie Weller were amazing. They did a fantastic job. Thank you to all of the staff at Robert Ryan for making our wedding reception memorable and stress free!

Jacqui and Ryan Long

Sent on 04/30/2013
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 03/30/2013

The staff at Robert Ryan Catering/ Columbia Station were TOP NOTCH! From our first meeting to our last they were nothing but humble, knowledgeable, courteous, honest, and professional. They were always available to answer my questions which were all the time (shout out to Stephanie and Courtney!) They kept great records of our numerous payments and always kept us updated. They made our day perfect especially Nina our coordinator of the event. The pricing was very reasonable especially since my husband :) and I were footing the bill. They worked with us to put together the perfect package and really worked with our budget.

The food was AMAZING, our guests are still talking about it.

We dropped all of our supplies off the night before and they made the venue appear as if it was made for our wedding.

I really can't say enough great things about my experience with Robert Ryan and the gang. Check them out for yourself and you will know instantly they are the perfect fit!

Jill

Sent on 04/18/2013

Donna · Married on 12/08/2012

Robert Ryan Catering was the caterer for our wedding. They were very professional, flexible, super responsive to our every need. Their staff was excellent prior to and during our event. They worked with us on every detail of our wedding and we knew we didn't have to worry about a thing. Everything ran very smoothly and we didn't need to worry about one thing the day of the wedding. We would definitely contact them again to caterer another one of our events! Thank you Robert Ryan Catering for everything!

Dardine/Morsink Wedding

Sent on 12/21/2012

Meghan · Married on 11/10/2012

I spent about 15 months planning my wedding, I wanted it to be perfect! When we first went to look at the Columbia Station we loved it! And no, we are not "train people" but you don't have to be to see the beauty in the Columbia Station! We first met with Bob, who is SO passionate about his company, employees and what they have to offer, it was truly inspiring! Once we booked our date I was in contact with Courtney; she is simply amazing. I would call and email her with any question, concern, or issue that needed to be tackled; she has the most positive and helpful attitude of anyone I have ever met! We also met with Kristin, while Bob was out because of an injury, and the transition was flawless. She was able to provide us with ideas and inspiration to create a beautiful wedding day not only for us but our guests as well. Stephanie was there for us when Courtney took on a different role in the company, I was nervous because Courtney was my rock with wedding planning! Again, it was such a smooth transition, Stephanie was quick to reply to phone calls and emails; she was open to what my vision was and worked with me to see it through... We had close to 200 guests; cocktail hour we had 4 bartenders; no guest waited in line for a drink. Butlered appetizers were delicious and in constant flow around the room. The bridal party was in the caboose and we received the same service; constant flow of drinks and apps! They saw my vision through and the inside of the bar room and ballroom looked beautiful! The food was hot and delicious! The servers were great and our day of coordinator, Kristen, did an excellent job! It was truly a pleasure to work with the staff of Robert Ryan Catering and to have our reception at the Columbia Station! I can't thank them enough for helping to create such a memorable day for us!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Thank you to all the staff at Robert Ryan Catering! Our day was magical thanks to you. Everything we hoped and wished for came true. No matter how small or big the request, Robert Ryan Caterers made sure our needs were met without hesitation. Even with a hurricane the week of our wedding, everything went off without a hitch! Anyone looking for a friendly, professional and unique experience should work with Robert Ryan.

Sent on 11/05/2012

Erika · Married on 11/02/2012

We had the most wonderful wedding at Columbia Station by Robert Ryan Catering. Everyone was so helpful and quick to respond when we had questions. The room was gorgeous, the food was beyond amazing and the service was top notch. We opted for the mini meal stations which was a variation on a buffet style dinner , but it allowed our guests to chose from 12 different little items. We had several vegans in attendance and they Robert Ryan Catering was able to adapt some of their regular hors d'oeuvres to a vegan version and they were just as fantastic. Kristin Gowen-MacDonald helped us throughout the planning process and I could not have asked for anyone me knowledgable, friendly, accommodating, and professional. Our bridal party even got to have our own cocktail hour in their caboose- We felt like VIPs which is exactly how a bride and groom should feel. Thank you, Columbia Station!

Sent on 11/11/2012

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2012

OH MY GOODNESS I cannot say enough wonderful things about Robert Ryan Catering. If there were more stars to choose from, I would give them 10 out of 5. They are just so spectacular. The customer service is unparalleled. Every single person with whom I dealt was kind, with a great sense of humor, and wonderful organization. All aspects of our wedding were handled flawlessly, the food was DELICIOUS, any tweaks we wanted were honored immediately. I dealt with Courtney Hoff, Stephanie Ryan, and Bob Ryan on a regular basis. The owner came to almost every single meeting, handling our wedding first hand, and he was SO charming and sweet. His daughter, Stephanie, dealt with me for the last few months before the wedding, and regardless of how many emails I sent as we got closer, constantly thinking of more and more questions, she answered every one in a timely manner (sometimes even before 10am on a Sunday morning!). Courtney was my initial handler, setting up all of our preliminaries, and she was incredibly sweet, kind, and organized. Nina handled our day of coordination, and she was perfect, personable, and so on the ball. Every single aspect of our day was handled beautifully, and I could not have been happier. They were all amazing. BOOK THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! If you're a foodie, go for these guys! Their food is amazing, the set-up was beautiful, and the selection of chairs/linens/dishware was GREAT. Every single aspect they handled was just perfect.

Sent on 10/22/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/19/2012

We had narrowed it down to two caterers & ultimately picked Rob Ryan after I had received an email back from Stephanie Ryan while she was on vacation saying that she wasn't in the office to help, but that she would forward my details to her father and he would get back to me... and within a day he did. The personal service that we recieved from Bob Ryan was beyond supreme.
    Then, the food. Our tasting solidified our goal to actually EAT our dinner at our reception. The quality, and selection on our stations have our guests still commenting 3 weeks after the event.
    Lastly, I have to rave about two critical members of our experience - Courtney, Bobs assistant, who always was quick to respond - find an answer - and brighten up my day with every email, and Nina - our day of coordinator who made sure the entire event went without a hitch (even when we ran out of Rum Nina quickly had someone run to get us more!)
    Thank you Thank you! 5 Stars most definately!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Kara · Married on 10/05/2012

I cannot say enough about Robert Ryan Catering!!! The entire staff is amazing and so much fun to work with! Robert Ryan was at every meeting and so responsive, professional and personable!! They were always readily available to answer any questions I had during the whole planning process, not to mention they are ALL so sweet. My wedding day went so smoothly thanks to Nina, my event coordinator. And the food- the food is out of this world!!! Everyone is still talking about how delicious all the food was at my wedding. Thank you RR Catering!!!!!

Sent on 10/12/2012

Keara · Married on 09/21/2012

the Columbia station was Amazing!! I can not put into words how happy my partner and me are. You guys blew us away! Our ceremony was gorgeous outside... the reception area was amazing. The food was more than delicious.. it was awesome!! You made a our wedding magical!!! A huge shout out to Kristen and Rachel @ the Columbia station! You girls... i have so much respect and love for you both!! Thank you thank you thank you

Sent on 09/22/2012

Rachael · Married on 09/08/2012

I wanted fish tacos and pizza at my wedding and they did not even blink an eye- they made it happen. They allowed me to chose fun foods for guest!!!!!! I was not forced to have a traditional site down dinner with only three options. I was able tp provide my guests with tons of awesome options. I wish they had a resturant to eat in. Fabulous food all around!!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Robert Ryan Catering & Design's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!! We certainly try to make wedding food fun & unique while making your wishes come true! We wish you and J.P. many many years of happiness! :)

Alysha · Married on 08/24/2012

Robert Ryan Catering and all of the employees were nothing less than exceptional. They handled our every need, question, and concern not only on our wedding day but throughout the planning process. Kristen Gowen-MacDonald was the greatest person to work with throughout this process. She was kind, accommodating and helpful to say the least. Angela (our wedding coordinator) saw that our day ran smoothly and that we stayed running on time. The food was exceptional and so was the service. I am so happy my husband and I chose Robert Ryan to cater our wedding. Everything was perfect that day and they were a big reason why. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to have a perfect wedding day or for any event.

Sent on 10/04/2012

Courtney · Married on 07/07/2012

AMAZING... PERFECTION... EXTRAORDINARILY DELICIOUS!!! RRC by far is a class act! Bob Ryan and his staff understand a wedding is about the bride and groom! Everything was tailored to meet the needs of Phil and I! The food was out of this world! They went above and beyond to make us feel as if we were the only wedding they had in over a year and a half time span. They were completely dedicated to our wedding! It showed in their presentation and service to not only Phil and I but to all our guests! Courtney Hoff is a ray of sunshine! Each e-mail she sent offered updated information and was presented in an enthusiastic, professional manor!!! Again a huge (font size 72) thank you to Bob, Courtney, Angela and the rest of the RRC staff for a flawless 7-7! As Bob and Caroline DeBottis (from the Foundry) know I love when things are "perfect" and "perfect' is my word... Thank you for a truly "perfect" experience for Phil and I, our families and our guests!

From the bottom of our hearts... thank you.
    Philip and Courtney Stambaugh :)

Sent on 07/15/2012

Carolyn · Married on 07/06/2012

I can't say enough wonderful things about Robert Ryan catering. Even though our wedding was just over a year ago now, our family and friends STILL gush about what a beautiful day it was whenever we talk with them and almost all of the credit for that goes to Kristen and the rest of the Robert Ryan catering staff for immediately understanding my vision and making it even better than I imagined. It was very important for us to keep our wedding local and personal and Kristen had the connections and instinct to make that theme AWESOME. We ended up opting not to do the main meal 100% local (although much of it was local by default, since they like to buy close to home whenever possible and all of their herbs come from the head chef's personal garden), but we did have a beautiful local hors d'ouevres display (on a GORGEOUS wooden farm table Kristen found for us underneath the large tree at Appleford) that included local hummus, spinach dip, goat cheese stuffed phylo cups with honey and blueberries, fried oyster mushrooms, and sweet and hot italian sausage with hearth baked rolls. My sister and I created a large chalkboard sign indicating from which farm each item was sourced and they cleverly displayed that on the farm table. It was easy to set up other personal touches too - we delivered all the decorations and favors the day before and it was all perfectly in place when we arrived at the reception at Appleford. We swapped out their standard coffee with coffee from a Nicaraguan co-op with which I did service work in college. We also swapped out the cake for cupcakes my sister, best friend, and I (well, and half my family) baked the day before the wedding - it turned out awesome! It was unbelievably pleasant to work with Kristen - she was always very responsive, very cheerful, and had suggestions anytime we needed it (i.e. how to order wine and beer for 100 people). My mom and I would turn to each other after each meeting and say, "wow, she's good". Thank you so much!!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Lara · Married on 06/30/2012

We loved working with Robert Ryan for our wedding reception at the Columbia Station!!!! They made everything we asked for possible. They were professional and friendly and easy to communicate with. I had one guest with very extensive and specific food restrictions, and Robert Ryan crafted a unique plate just for her after contacting her to make sure that everything they planned would work for her. I would highly, highly recommend Robert Ryan. They also catered the brunch at my parents' house the next morning. Delicious... the most important feedback is this... THE FOOD WAS AMAZING!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2012

From the very start, Bob and Courtney were a dream to work with. They helped tailor our menu and setup at The Phoenixville Foundry so it truly reflected us and what we wanted on our wedding day. Courtney replied to our e-mails and phone calls promptly and made us feel like her priority each time. The day of our wedding was perfect because of our event coordinator, Rachel. She made sure everything went off without a hitch! Our guests raved about the food and our mojito bar!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2012

When we started planning our wedding, we knew we were going to hire Robert Ryan Catering because of their reputation. We had heard nothing but the best compliments from couples that used RRC and other people that had used RRC for their catering needs.

During the process of planning our wedding and reception, RRC was incredibly on top off everything. They made planning even more fun. The food at the reception was amazing and I am still hearing compliments from our friends, family and guests.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Samantha · Married on 06/09/2012

We had our wedding at The Columbia Station on June 9th 2012. Everything with Robert Ryan Catering was flawless. They made the planning easy and stress free. Kristen was our contact and Rachel was our day of coordinator; both went out of their way to help us plan and execute the perfect day. All of the guests raved about the gorgeous and unique venue, amazing food, and fantastic service. Thank you all so much!

Sent on 07/08/2012

Danielle · Married on 06/01/2012

I do not even know where to begin - Robert Ryan Catering is THAT amazing!

When my husband and I started wedding planning, we really had no idea what we wanted for our big day. We researched several places and one day we drove past Robert Ryan's. My husband remarked that he had eaten there once and the food was so amazing he never forgot it. We saw that they host weddings there and decided to call and set up a meeting. It was the best choice we ever made!

From the initial meeting to the big day, Robert Ryan Catering knows how to make an event seamless and perfect. The food is out of this world amazing. Family and friends kept coming up to us during dinner to tell us how great the food was and how happy they were with everything. I had heard from so many people that you are busy during your reception and do not always get to sit back and enjoy the night: that is NOT the case here! Robert Ryan Catering ensures that you & your new spouse enjoy the evening without a single worry. I had so much fun at my own wedding and the evening was beautiful (despite the rain!).

If you are still searching for a venue, do yourself a favor and call Robert Ryan Catering. Beautiful location, lovely, professional staff, GREAT VALUE (seriously!), amazing food...the list goes on! I cannot say enough about this place - everything was perfect and I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 06/08/2012