Robert Norman Photography Reviews

43 | Trumbull, CT

43 Reviews for Robert Norman Photography

• Aaron

Aaron Lefland · Getting married on 09/09/2020

The most fun I've had taking photos...

Our photographer, JC, was amazing! I was not expecting to enjoy the hundreds of photos that we took throughout the day, but JC joked around, tried out different locations and poses, and made the experience really fun. I'm actually smiling in my photos instead of the sort of forced/fake smile that I usually end up with after taking a million pictures.
    She was very professional, and our photos turned out great! She knew how to handle the challenging light conditions, and got our photos back to us very quickly. 10/10

Sent on 10/05/2019

Kelsey Kraus · Married on 09/14/2019

Stunning pictures and amazing photographer!

Robert is simply the best. Not only is he an absolutely spectacular photographer, but he's also a great person who you can instantly connect with. Our photos from our engagement shoot and wedding day are memories we will treasure forever. Robert was a key part of our amazing day and we would recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly Bolognese · Married on 05/10/2019

You need to work with robert!

From the moment we met Robert, we knew had to work with him. He made us feel super comfortable and knew he’d be easy to work with. Robert makes himself easily available and no matter how much we reached out - Robert was quick to provide us a response. When we had to change our wedding date - Robert honestly made such a difficult transition- so much easier. He was so flexible and never once made us feel like a burden despite all the changes we had to make. We have been in contact with Robert for over 2 years and our long correspondence made working with Robert feel like we weren’t just working with “another vendor”. Robert felt more like family. On top of everything else Robert has given us the most beautiful pictures from our day which we will cherish for a lifetime. Given the opportunity, I can assure we will work with Robert again in the future.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough about how happy we are with our decision to book Robert for our wedding. We wanted a natural vibe without contrived/forced feeling photos. Robert listened to exactly what we wanted and gave us that experience. It was important to me to feel comfortable with our photographer as you spend a lot of time with them on one of the biggest days of you life, you will feel comfortable with Robert. He is a pleasure to have around, is a calming presence, and is confident and in control which certainly helps to ease the nerves of everyone around him. Whatever experience or style you're looking for, Robert seems able to deliver it. He is responsive, communicative, pleasant, organized and easy to work with, easily the vendor we most enjoyed working with.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Laura · Married on 06/02/2018

Have been meaning to write this review raving about Robert since our wedding in June, 2018. Robert was one of the best decisions we made when booking vendors! From our first introduction it was clear Robert was fun, professional and we couldn't be happier with the pictures! We did engagement pictures with him as well which was a great way to get to know Robert and his style. We had so much fun with him and he made us feel comfortable and at ease. He listened to our ideas for what we wanted and we absolutely love all the engagement pictures. The day of the wedding Robert and Jeff got so many gorgeous shots! Our families loved working with him and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Mimi · Married on 10/29/2017

I am, historically, over-critical of photographs of me and usually end up hiding them away because I don’t like how I look. After reading all the reviews for Robert Norman Photography, I knew I would be in good hands. From our first meeting, he listened to all of my wacky insecurities with patience and understanding. He talked us into a first look and I’m so glad he did. His expertise and professionalism is truly unmatched. Not only that, but I was completely blown away by Robert’s enthusiasm for our big day. He definitely knows how to make you feel special and not like “just another booking.”

When heavy rain was forecasted for our wedding day, Robert assured me we would still get beautiful photos. Not only did he stand in the rain to get some AMAZING end of the night photos of my husband and me, but he graciously worked with us when our timeline became severely delayed, without complaint. It was a tough day with inclement weather, high emotions, and delays but Robert made it look easy and most importantly, like he was happy to be there! Our photos were ready the day we got home from our honeymoon and I almost cried when I saw the first one. It was better than I could have ever imagined and made our day look like an absolute fairytale.

Sent on 11/21/2017
  • Allie

Allie · Married on 06/10/2017

Robert is so outgoing and charismatic, we were able to be comfortable photographed and laughed/cried throughout the day. We have stunning photos that are timeless and a gorgeous wedding album that he created for ya. Robert went above and beyond and we are so grateful to have selected him for our wedding.

Sent on 06/10/2018

Molly · Married on 12/21/2016

Robert Norman photography (specifically J.C. Carley, our photographer) were beyond wonderful! Not only are the pictures gorgeous (the lighting, the backgrounds, the vision, etc.), but she was fantastic to work with both before and during our wedding, and was especially considerate of some sensitive family dynamics. I would recommend Robert Norman Photography and JC to ANYONE!!!

Sent on 12/21/2016

Katie · Married on 10/29/2016

Robert was so wonderful! He made us feel so at ease... and made us laugh all day! I couldn't imagine a better experience. In addition to his great personality... he was prompt, organized, and professional. We always felt taken care of and listened to. He is so talented... the photos were amazing. We felt like we were watching a video of our day when we looked through the pictures of our wedding! I would recommend Robert and his team to anyone!

Rita · Married on 10/08/2016

Our photographer was JC Carley and she was amazing!!! We found her on our own online and met with her thinking we'd be hiring her as an independent contractor. We then learned that she works within the Robert Norman Photography company, which was fine with us, and we had a phenomenal experience overall. JC was probably the most responsive vendor we worked with. I cannot say enough positive things about her (and Dorian Patrick, our 2nd shooter). I had a minor breakdown on the wedding day due to downpours and my entire vision being "ruined." I think I said something along the lines of "I don't want to do this anymore, I want to go home, I don't want to see anyone, and I don't ever want to remember this day." (just a tad bit dramatic). My groom just looked at me with a blank face and had no idea what to say. JC immediately stepped in and validated my feelings, helping me to calm right down. Needless to say, we were both so incredibly glad to have here there!

Sent on 10/24/2016

amy · Married on 10/08/2016

Robert was one of the best and easiest choices we made during the wedding process! He is professional, calm, talented, easy to be around, efficient and just an all around great guy. The quality of his work and attention to detail is unmatched. Family and friends at the wedding loved meeting Robert and he is a perfect guest. We smile ear to ear every time we look at our photos!

Justin · Married on 10/01/2016

Robert and Ian shot our wedding together and did a fantastic job. He has a great eye for using the inside and outside of our venue for some really great backdrops, and did a number of creative shots (not the typical/boring wedding party in a line) that looked like they were out of a magazine. Robert got every shot we wanted and more, and was great about making everyone feel comfortable and relaxed. We also received all of the proofs very quickly (maybe a week), which was fun to go through while we were on our honeymoon. I would strongly recommend Robert to anyone. Thank you Robert!

Sent on 10/20/2016
  • I

Isabelle · Married on 09/17/2016

Robert Norman is an incredible photographer and person! I give him my highest recommendation. We absolutely treasure all the shots he captured and loved working with him. He was an amazing presence and part of our wedding day, very well organized, turned around our pictures in record speed (seriously amazing!), and gave us shots we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Plus, he's just really, really fun to work with!!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Sharon · Married on 06/11/2016

Robert was a complete joy to work with. He came very highly recommended by another photographer and it's clear as to why. He is a complete professional who has a knack for putting everyone at ease. He worked with us on insuring to capture all of the moments that were most important to us. His knowledge of how people flow at weddings was key in insuring that we got the pictures we wanted without sacrificing our enjoyment of our guests and the day. I can't recommend Robert enough!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Robert Norman Photography was amazing! Robert and JC Carley shot our wedding together. They were so flexible with us and made sure to really understand our vision and what we were looking for prior to the actual day. Robert and JC made sure to get all of the pictures on the list we made of photos we wanted and much more. They took beautiful pictures and made everyone feel comfortable while they were taking the shots. They had creative ideas and took all of the classic pictures as well. They were so easy going and willing to work with us on any ideas that we had.
    Robert was also able to get our photos to us in a matter of days, and for that we are so thankful! We are so amazed by the quality of the pictures they took and have gotten SO many compliments on the pictures. The pictures were wonderful in both quantity and quality and captured the entire evening perfectly. We could not have asked for better photographers and will be looking at our pictures fondly for the rest of our lives!!

Sent on 07/09/2016

Claire · Married on 10/31/2015

Robert Norman is talented, professional, and an overall joy to work with. He was a standout on a list of recommended photographers from my venue, and once I had seen his work and spoken with him, there was no question. There is no better photographer to entrust your big day with than Robert Norman. From start to finish, I was impressed (and I'm a trained photographer!). Another major upshot to working with Robert Norman is that he has an incredible workflow, and I didn't have to wait months and months for my photos like some of my other friends who have gotten married. I would recommend, if you can swing it in your budget, to spring for the second shooter. Fantastic team, phenomenal photographers. My only regret is not working with him for an engagement shoot!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Jennifer · Married on 10/11/2015

Not only is Robert a talented photographer, but he is a pleasure to be around. Booking him was very simple and throughout the lead-up to our wedding he was clear and efficient, asking what we wanted and guiding us through what was needed to get it.
    On the day, he was unfailingly polite and friendly to everyone he came across, and yet invisible most of the time. He really just let us, and all our guests, enjoy the day.
    Robert has an incredible talent for capturing a feeling in an image. Going through one of his albums, you never fail to get a sense of the atmosphere at each and every event. And that's exactly what we wanted - not a collection of snapshots of our nearest and dearest, but a record of the day as a whole, something we could look back on and remember how every step of the way felt.
    Robert delivered a beautiful set of images that capture our story, years from now we will be able to look back on our gorgeous wedding album and remember just how perfect that day was. We plan on using him again in the future and highly recommend him.

Sent on 11/21/2015

Robert was absolutely fantastic! He was not only an amazing photographer who captured so many beautiful moments on our wedding day, but he was also a blast to have around! And if that wasn't enough, he also was on hand to help groomsmen with bow ties and bridesmaids with dress bustling! We loved spending the day with him and I would HIGHLY recommend Robert to anyone! He was also very quick to get our photos to us!

Sent on 09/07/2015

Andrea · Married on 08/08/2015

Robert Norman and his co-workers JC Carley and her assistant Jake captured our daughter's wedding day SPECTACULARLY!!! The photos of the day were beautiful. They did a PERFECT job. The wedding was less than one month ago, and we've seen the photos and the short video produced by Robert. They were ready before the honeymoon was finished, and so very professional!!

I can't recommend them highly enough!!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Linley · Married on 06/20/2015

Robert Norman photography was AMAZING. The process leading up to the wedding was incredibly easy and low stress. The wedding day team was personable, professional, sweet and honestly after formal photos were complete, somewhat invisible. They somehow captured every moment of my wedding PERFECTLY but did it in a way that they didn’t interfere with the actual celebration at all. The pictures are insanely gorgeous- their samples speak for themselves- need I say more- I HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/13/2015

We absolutely loved Robert Norman Photography!! Every single picture was incredible. Robert and JC were creative, talented and took just beautiful photographs. Robert is a professional, he knew what pictures we would need to take, and had an eye when choosing areas for us to be photographed. We are thrilled with our pictures and will cherish them forever. You should absolutely choose Robert Norman Photography for your wedding!! Thank you Robert and JC!

Sent on 05/15/2015

He is the BEST! Great personality, great photos, makes your wedding day fun and easy! Cannot say enough good things!!!!!

Sent on 10/28/2013

Christine · Married on 09/22/2012

True artist! Captures true emotion! Simply gorgeous photos!
    These comments are just a small spec of the many compliments that we received from our friends and family after they viewed our wedding photos. Robert is a truly gifted photographer. Besides taking amazing photos he also has a way of making you relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. He has a knack for finding unique details and incorporating them into the pictures that he takes. We would recommend him to anyone searching for a photographer to record a special life event. He is simply the best! Thank you Robert for the beautiful images. We are so lucky to have these photos to look at for the rest of our life.

Sent on 10/30/2012

The very first thing I noticed about this photographer... is awesome website! He has a great eye for photography, not only in capturing his subjects in perfect moments, but also taking the scenery around the subjects and using it artistically.

Robert used the time post ceremony to shoot the formal pictures (super quick by the way, to allow time to enjoy the cocktail hour!). And for the remainder of the evening, he shot candid photos (exactly what i wanted). He was everywhere, but yet, you didn't even know he was there.

Robert is very professional, and has a great personality. Everyone gave me complements on how much they liked the photographer (and that was before he even developed his pictures!).

Just a few weeks after the wedding and he has provided us with an EXCELLENT slideshow and online page that captured a few moments from each moment of the night. It brought us all back to that very night.

I highly recommend this photographer, not only for your wedding shots, but any major event in your life that you want to capture.

Thank you Robert, for doing what you do.

Sent on 09/06/2012

Jean · Married on 04/28/2012

What can I say about Robert?!?! His personality is wonderful. He's relaxing and approachable. Everyone warmed right up to him and he elicited the best pictures. The quality of his work is outstanding. We absolutely love the pictures!!! His shots were beautifully creative and candid. He blended in seamlessly with the crowd and we never even realized he was there at times. As a result, we have some of the most beautiful pictures of ourselves and our guests. We are so happy and pleased with his work and the pictures that will last us a lifetime.

Sent on 05/08/2012