Robert McCloy Reviews

203 Reviews for Robert McCloy

• Gladson

Gladson M Remos · Married on 01/03/2020

Wedding-Church Service and Venue

Great professional musicians. Very easy to work with. Very reasonable charges for service.
    All our guest like the music.
    We will strongly recommend Robert and his team to anyone for any functions.

Sent on 01/09/2020

Merri Caltrider · Married on 11/02/2019

Awesome music! Great people!

We were not disappointed with the music! Such beautiful sounds. So grateful to have found!

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/26/2019

Ceremony music

Robert was so professional and played so beautifully during our ceremony. It made that moment so much more special and will forever be something I cherish. He is wonderful and so talented.

Sent on 12/20/2019

Deanna Christy · Married on 10/13/2019

Absolutely Flawless

Robert McCloy was an absolute dream to work with for our wedding. We knew we wanted a ceremony accompanied by acoustic guitar, and wow—he more than delivered! We asked him to prepare pieces using tabs we found online, and he not only prepared them, but executed flawlessly. Our wedding ceremony music was a dream come true, and we're so grateful to the part that Robert played in our special day. Truly can't say enough wonderful things about his musicianship and the service he provided. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/20/2019

Hello Deanna;
    So glad you were pleased with the performance of the requests. I had been meaning to do an arrangement of Terrafin Sea for a while, so it was great to have it come up. I was unfamiliar with the Theme From Up (Married Life), and wow - shortly after your requesting it I had another request for it. It's going to one I record and get on my website :-) Phun tune. It was also great to meet Pilar of The Four Seasons Wedding Group. She's great :-) I'd recommend her planning services to anyone.

Susan Muccino · Married on 09/28/2019

Great experience

Robert was very responsive and prompt. He did a wonderful job for my son’s wedding. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Hello Susan;
    So glad to be of service on such a gorgeous Northern Michigan day! Hope to see you again in the future.

Katie · Married on 09/21/2019

Violin/guitar ceremony success

Robert in his guitar and his companion violinist serenaded my guests before my wedding ceremony and played perfectly for our processional and recessional. Robert played my requests, was professional, and responded quickly to my emails/calls. Many of my guests complimented me on the duo. Thank you Robert!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Robert McCloy's reply:

Hello Katie :-) Your requests were really fun. So happy that you were pleased with the guitar/violin duo.

Stephanie Strid · Married on 09/19/2019

Wonderful musician

Robert was the single guitarist at our wedding this September 2019. He was early and was able to play all the songs we had requested. He was very professional and kind to our family and friends. I highly recommend his musical talents!

Sent on 10/01/2019

Hello Stephanie;
    Thanks again for the opportunity :-) I've always enjoyed being at the Homestead, a great site for a wedding :-) So glad you were happy with my services.

Elizabeth Vantine · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Music!

We used Robert for our wedding, he was great to work with, answered all our questions quickly and provided excellent music for our ceremony/cocktail hour. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Hello Elizabeth;
    So glad you were pleased with my services. It was good to be at Mission Point on Mackinac Island - "Concerning Hobbits" is always a fun request.

Connie Kretschmer · Married on 09/11/2019

Memorial Service

Robert is an experienced musician with a diverse music inventory. He is professional and was flexible to our needs to help put on a beautiful memorial service. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Hello Connie;
    I'm glad things worked out so well, I hope to be of service in the future for happier occasions.

Amanda Abbe · Married on 08/17/2019

Music to everyone’s ears!

Robert was amazing! He was super professional and accommodating to all the song choices we asked him to play at our wedding. All sounded beautiful! Guests have continued to tell me how great he was before, during and immediately after our ceremony. He even traveled hours away to make it to our wedding!!!
    He was 100 percent the right choice!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Robert McCloy's reply:

Hello Amanda :-) Thanks for the opportunity. Crystal Mountain Resort was a great choice for a wedding site, and also I was so pleased to see Gust Bassianotis officiating. I always look forward to working with him.

Korin Maciulski · Married on 07/13/2019

Beautiful Music

Robert McCloy was very professional and responded quickly to any questions I had along the way.
    Our guests were impressed with his level of skill and enjoyed.
    We were very happy with his services and would recommend him to others. (Korin & Álvaro)

Sent on 08/03/2019

Natale · Married on 06/15/2019

A pleasure to work with

He played all my requests and even sent me a text beforehand stating he was at the venue and ready to play . That was one less thing I had to worry about it and I appreciated that simple text . He learned a song I wanted him to play during the ceremony and sent me a sample sound the same week !

Sent on 07/01/2019

Robert McCloy's reply:

My thanks are to you. I was really fun to come up with a solo guitar arrangement of "Young And Beautiful." Doing special requests has become my favorite aspect of doing this, and your's was a home run :-)

Shari · Married on 06/08/2019

Outstanding!

Mr. McCloy was excellent. Arrived on time, music was great perfect for my daughter's outdoor wedding. Also played dinner music at reception. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Paige Hooker · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely perfect!

Robert was the musician for our wedding and I could not have been happier with his service. He played at the ceremony and also during cocktail hour at the reception. He did an amazing job and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. He was always very quick to respond (which is a wonderful thing when you’re planning a wedding!) and arrived promptly at both locations on our wedding day. A very talented man who plays down beautiful music! Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 07/24/2019

Robert McCloy's reply:

Thanks for the opportunity :-) What a gorgeous site you choose, Brys Estate Vineyard and Winery was new to me. Your request of Ed Sherran's "Perfect" was a great fit for the day! -) Maybe, someday I can play your kid's wedding :-)

Kimberly · Married on 05/25/2019

Professional, punctual, and positive

Robert was easy to work with from start to finish. He played beautifully and was flexible with our plans. People were wanting to book him after hearing him play. Finding a good fit for a funeral wasn't easy. I feel Robert could fit any environment well with any desired emotion.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Megan Trotter · Married on 05/19/2019

Perfect for Wedding

Robert, did an amazing job playing music for our wedding: ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. I got so many compliments from guests about the music; very talented guitarist. He worked with us on song requests and was very professional and respectful.

Sent on 05/30/2019

J Caltrider · Married on 02/11/2019

You cannot go wrong with this group

You cannot go wrong with this group. They played for our son's wedding/reception and were exactly what we hoped for. Not only were they accomplished/professional at their craft, but extremely helpful/flexible in helping us replan a ceremony/reception that was originally planned as outdoors that needed to be reimagined re-time when the weather turned on us. The experience honestly felt like we were dealing with committed family members. I can not recommend them more highly and wish they were closer to my home so I we could hire them more often.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Lester · Married on 09/23/2018

Robert was very easy to work with. He helped us make music choices, and had no problems with changes in our requests as our special day approached. He played beautifully...actually brought tears to my eyes at times! Awesome day!! Awesome memories!!! Awesome Music!!! Thank you Robert!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Natalie · Married on 09/15/2018

Robert was wonderful to work with! He was fantastic with communication. The music at my ceremony and cocktail hour was beautiful. All the musicians at my wedding commented on what a great job Robert did!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Christopher · Married on 08/30/2018

Robert was great to work with and very professional. Everyone loved his music!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Joe · Married on 08/25/2018

Bob was amazing to work with. He arranged some of our favorite songs for classical guitar to be played at our wedding, and they sounded absolutely beautiful. He was friendly, responsive, and so helpful. He even set up a mic stand for the readings!

Sent on 09/01/2018

Alyse · Married on 08/03/2018

Robert provided excellent service, and I would be happy to recommend him to clients in the future.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 07/21/2018

Mr. McCloy is absolutely fabulous. Very professional,flexible and responsive. Mr. McCloy is one of the most talented musicians I’ve come across and did an amazing job at putting together the right music for our ceremony and cocktail hour based on the vague instructions I offered. I can’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kelsey · Married on 06/30/2018

It was a pleasure working with Robert. His pricing was extremely reasonable, he was professional, listened to and accommodated our requests, and rocked it!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2018

Bob is absolutely incredible. He is knowledgable, talented, organized and above all, helped currate a moment that we will never forget on our wedding day. We shared a few songs we wanted Bob to arrange, and they were beyond our expectations. I could not give a higher recommendation.

Sent on 09/01/2018