38 Reviews for Riverwalk Golf Club

Premium Liquor (1)
House Liquor (1)
Signature Drink (1)
35 Riverwalk Golf Club Reviews

Riverwalk is a GREAT place to have your wedding. We really wanted something that could host both the ceremony and reception since we had a lot of of out of town guests and wanted it as convenient as possible and Riverwalk was perfect for that! Riverwalk is a beautiful golf club, with a stunning bridge and beautiful patio for event space, and we had so many guests tell us how great the venue was! We wanted to have a mostly outdoor wedding and this venue is absolutely perfect for that - the patio is huge and beautiful and almost every door can opened to give the appearance of one cohesive indoor/outdoor space. They have weddings down to a science, and literally every little request i made was executed - they even got my husbands favorite beer on tap! Jessica and Ryan were so on top of things the day of and set everything up beautifully and made sure everything was perfect! They take care of everything, from the tables and wait/bar staff, to the food and wedding coordination, which is so great and convenient and sometimes hard to find! Truly just a wonderful venue!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Hands down, BEST VENUE &BEST STAFF! Love and appreciate both Madison and Alexis tremendously, both were a delight to work with and did above and beyond work to make sure our wedding was spectacular!!

Profile Picture samantha , 4/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

I honestly can't say enough good things about Riverwalk! Madison has become a friend to me! The entire staff is so kind and friendly! Our wedding day was by far one of the best days of my life and Riverwalk pulled all of the weight! Many of my vendors gave me issues but Riverwalk was not one of them! They worked with me and even let me vent on the other drama! Seriously put this place on the top of your list! And Alexis for the day of was AMAZING! I will be planning more events here!!

Also the food was AMAZING!!! They changed the menu around for me to exactly what I wanted!!!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up

We can't say enough about how much Madison and Alexis made our wedding day perfect. First off, riverwalk golf club itself is a great venue and the views on the bridge we spectacular. We had a small event, ~65 guests, but we had more than enough room for all the events. Our ceremony was on the patio with a view of the bridge and everything else was organized nicely to make it all flow. The staff quickly moved the ceremony equipment and replaced everything with the dance floor and party equipment we needed. The bar and banquet hall area we spacious and set up in a way that made everything go as planned and not cause any issues for us and our guests.
Madison was our point for all the planning and I don't think we could have done it without her. She was so accommodating and helpful and made the planning experience pleasant and easy.
Alexis was our day-of coordinator and she was amazing! From start to finish she we everywhere we needed her to be and some places we didn't even know we needed her to be! She made sure everything was timed properly and flowed smoothly. She was perfect at every turn and our thanks cannot be expressed enough.
So to all the riverwalk staff and specifically Madison and Alexis, thank you for making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Lil, 8/20/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

Madison was absolutely a pleasure to work with. Our wedding day was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch! Everyone commented about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. If I could do my wedding all over again I would definitely stick with my decision to have it at the Riverwalk Golf Club and have Madison as my wedding coordinator! Thank you for everything! :)

Profile Picture Chantal, 5/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing experience!! Madison and Alexis were both fantastic!! I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/16/16, 1 Review
4.3

River walk is the hidden gem of San Diego Wedding Venues!! I am so happy that i came across Riverwalk Golf Club on wedding wire while planning our wedding! I had a tight budget but a large guest list. Riverwalk was the only venue in San Diego I could find that was able to work with my budget and guest list without compromising the quality of their services and everything that I wanted. We were able to have 150 guests, an hour of open beer and wine during cocktail hour with a 1,000$ tab towards the bar, a full Italian buffet, wedding coordinator and day of coordinator, and so many services for less than 10,000$! Every other venue in San Diego wanted to charge at least 5 grand more for all of those services. The grounds were absolutely beautiful and the service was flawless. My coordinator was great and thought of things I never would have for our wedding day and fixed all the little bumps that happened in that day without anyone noticing! I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day and venue!

Profile Picture Amy, 2/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Parking, Wheelchair Access
3.4

We booked this venue about a year ago & it was perfect because it was within our budget & a really pretty location. We had first spoken with Anne & she was great. What I didn't like was about 6 months later, instead of someone letting me know that Anne no longer worked there, I had to find out on my own. So then I dealt with Isabel. She was great too... I pretty much planned everything with her down to the tasting/floor plan. Literally after our tasting, I started to not get any replies from my emails... Again, I had to find out on my own... 3 WEEKS to my wedding day that Isabel no longer worked there. I started to get frustrated because I had to explain everything AGAIN to this new person Sheri. The very next week, as I'm trying to pay off and finalize everything, AGAIN nobody bothered to contact me to let me know that the new person had an emergency. I'm sure you can see how frustrating this is... one week before the wedding & THIRD time I had to explain what I had wanted to the new person. Then to top it off, they tell me that it's going to be someone else who is going to be there the day of the wedding. So what was the point of the middle man!?? At this point I was really frustrated.....

ALEXIS (the food & beverage captain) WAS AMAZING. The first time I met her was during the wedding rehearsal. She definitely put me at ease & all my worries! Alexis was there every step of the way. If any of the managers are looking at this, ALEXIS should be the one to be dealing with the clients from beginning to end. She knows her stuff & she was there making sure every detail was perfect! Before the wedding I had a bitter feeling towards Riverwalk Golf Club but ALEXIS turned it all around! I was so thankful for her.

If you're planning to have your wedding here, make sure you have Alexis as your day of coordinator.

Profile Picture User3688691, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Riverwalk was the perfect place to have my daughter's wedding reception. The staff is friendly, attentive and care about making sure they can give you the best service possible. Only one more wedding to go and if that daughter wants a similar type event Riverwalk will be the first place, and likely the last place, we consider.

Profile Picture Don, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)

This venue was a Rehearsal Wedding Dinner.held in the evening. It was beautiful. The colors were very pretty, the servers were responsive as they could be. I had added people a few days before the venue date and Riverwalk was able to accommodate them. In addition, I had added people on the venue date and still Riverwalk was able to accommodate them. The patio was arranged and the fuel heaters added such a nice touch to the ambiance. There were firecrackers at a distance and those that went to the patio had a nice display. This is a very nice place to hold your private dinner with plenty of space and a peaceful surrounding. Being on a budget, we brought in our dessert and it was served. This venue was more nearly $500 less than the Crowne Plaza in Mission Valley because Riverwalk was able to accommodate me with the buffet menu. I had 50 in my wedding dinner rehearsal party and we had a lot of fun!.

Profile Picture Ruth, 3/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was perfect. From the beautiful setting to the amazing staff, our day was everything we could have dreamed. Isabel was great to work with and the night of our event, Alexis was there every step of the way to be sure everything worked out perfectly. She even gave us a ride to our hotel at the end of the night so that we wouldn't have to wait for a taxi!

Seriously, it was a night that we'll never forget. Thanks to Riverwalk and ALL of our other vendors, our dream wedding came true. :)

Typically wedding food is just okay, but our food was DELICIOUS. We had numerous people compliment us on our dinner so you know it was good!

Profile Picture Heidi, 3/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved working with Anne and her team. They were all so professional and nice. My family and other wedding guests even commented on how nice everyone was. I'm so thankful we found this venue and had our wedding here. The venue is so beautiful and although it's in the middle of Mission Valley you feel as if you're somewhere more secluded.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would definitely recommend Riverwalk for a wedding venue! The price was so reasonable and we got to share our special day on a saturday--no extra price! Everyone was so professional and flexible. I felt like everyone really listened to what we envisioned. The pictures are amazing with the bridge as a backdrop. Riverwalk made the day much more than what we could have hoped for.

Profile Picture Paola, 10/12/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so glad we booked our wedding C&R at the Riverwalk! Catering/Event/F&B coordinators Anne and Lauren were the most helpful, flexible, and professional people we have ever worked with. They helped us customize and execute our wedding to be EXACTLY what we had envisioned. The staff was super friendly, and helpful! OUR GUESTS WERE IMPRESSED! The venue was clean, beautiful, and fit our theme perfectly! Thank you Riverwalk for making our night one we will never forget!

Profile Picture Vania, 9/28/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WE had a wonderful experience at the River walk. Not only were they professional, they were a lot of fun to work with. I would highly recommend this venue for any event. Thanks again for making my big day go off without any issues.

Profile Picture Traci, 9/21/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The whole entire team at Riverwalk Golf Club did an awesome job making our wedding day perfect! Anne was always so polite and helpful whenever I needed her. Lauren was extremely important because she insured that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. I showed up and everything was perfect as she promised! Alexis was such a great help keeping everything in a timely fashion and even helped me drag my big dress around! All I can say is thank you Riverwalk team!!! You guys made my day one that I will never forget!!!

Profile Picture Lyndsie, 9/7/13, 2 Reviews
4.7

Our wedding turned out amazing thanks to the hard work of the staff and the beautiful venue. Anne and her staff were wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Kari, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anne andLauren were great. Food was delicious and venue was clean

Profile Picture Frank, 7/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Riverwalk Country Club is the ideal reception hall for couples who want the biggest bang for their buck. Beautiful venue and staff was very professional.

Profile Picture Frank, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anne, Lauren and Alexis all worked with me and made my wedding super easy to plan and everything turned out perfect! I would definately recommend this venue to anyone else considering having a wedding or event here. I love how my wedding turned out and it was all thanks to these lovely ladies and their team!

Profile Picture Micaela, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Riverwalk did such a great job managing various aspects of our wedding. They made sure our day was Special and memorable!! The staff were very professional and hands-on from beginning to end. I truly felt like they craed about our wedding just as much as we did!! Definitely consider having Riverwalk host your Special Day!

Profile Picture Cecille, 3/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anne and Lauren did so much for myself and my husband. We had the time of our lives at our wedding and we got so many compliments on the venue!

Profile Picture User3140770, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Anne and Lauren were amazing to work with and the Riverwalk offers some of the best prices around for quite a bit in return for a wedding reception. I can't say enough good things about this place. We had a great experience from start to finish and our reception turned out to be everything we wanted it to be.

Profile Picture Marisa, 1/26/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My sister/ matron of honor found this venue online and once she sent me the link, I knew it was the place. It has a beautiful open view and even with such a large place; it felt so intimate I be tucked away among all the trees and landscape. Anne was amazing to work with. She replies almost always within the 20 min that I emailed her and was super flexible with payments. Lauren was sweet and seemed to be proud of what they do and made are things were perfect. I never felt like another transaction and they were hands on during the entire process.

Profile Picture User2773550, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews