Riverwalk Golf Club Reviews

38 | San Diego, CA

38 Reviews for Riverwalk Golf Club

38 Riverwalk Golf Club Reviews

Anna · Married on 09/09/2017

Riverwalk is a GREAT place to have your wedding. We really wanted something that could host both the ceremony and reception since we had a lot of of out of town guests and wanted it as convenient as possible and Riverwalk was perfect for that! Riverwalk is a beautiful golf club, with a stunning bridge and beautiful patio for event space, and we had so many guests tell us how great the venue was! We wanted to have a mostly outdoor wedding and this venue is absolutely perfect for that - the patio is huge and beautiful and almost every door can opened to give the appearance of one cohesive indoor/outdoor space. They have weddings down to a science, and literally every little request i made was executed - they even got my husbands favorite beer on tap! Jessica and Ryan were so on top of things the day of and set everything up beautifully and made sure everything was perfect! They take care of everything, from the tables and wait/bar staff, to the food and wedding coordination, which is so great and convenient and sometimes hard to find! Truly just a wonderful venue!

samantha · Married on 04/07/2017

Hands down, BEST VENUE &BEST STAFF! Love and appreciate both Madison and Alexis tremendously, both were a delight to work with and did above and beyond work to make sure our wedding was spectacular!!

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

I honestly can't say enough good things about Riverwalk! Madison has become a friend to me! The entire staff is so kind and friendly! Our wedding day was by far one of the best days of my life and Riverwalk pulled all of the weight! Many of my vendors gave me issues but Riverwalk was not one of them! They worked with me and even let me vent on the other drama! Seriously put this place on the top of your list! And Alexis for the day of was AMAZING! I will be planning more events here!!

Also the food was AMAZING!!! They changed the menu around for me to exactly what I wanted!!!

Lil · Married on 08/20/2016

We can't say enough about how much Madison and Alexis made our wedding day perfect. First off, riverwalk golf club itself is a great venue and the views on the bridge we spectacular. We had a small event, ~65 guests, but we had more than enough room for all the events. Our ceremony was on the patio with a view of the bridge and everything else was organized nicely to make it all flow. The staff quickly moved the ceremony equipment and replaced everything with the dance floor and party equipment we needed. The bar and banquet hall area we spacious and set up in a way that made everything go as planned and not cause any issues for us and our guests.
    Madison was our point for all the planning and I don't think we could have done it without her. She was so accommodating and helpful and made the planning experience pleasant and easy.
    Alexis was our day-of coordinator and she was amazing! From start to finish she we everywhere we needed her to be and some places we didn't even know we needed her to be! She made sure everything was timed properly and flowed smoothly. She was perfect at every turn and our thanks cannot be expressed enough.
    So to all the riverwalk staff and specifically Madison and Alexis, thank you for making our day perfect!

Chantal · Married on 05/07/2016

Madison was absolutely a pleasure to work with. Our wedding day was beautiful and everything went off without a hitch! Everyone commented about how beautiful the venue was and how delicious the food was. If I could do my wedding all over again I would definitely stick with my decision to have it at the Riverwalk Golf Club and have Madison as my wedding coordinator! Thank you for everything! :)

Rachel · Married on 04/16/2016

Amazing experience!! Madison and Alexis were both fantastic!! I didn't have to worry about a thing on my wedding!!

Don · Married on 06/28/2014

Riverwalk was the perfect place to have my daughter's wedding reception. The staff is friendly, attentive and care about making sure they can give you the best service possible. Only one more wedding to go and if that daughter wants a similar type event Riverwalk will be the first place, and likely the last place, we consider.

Ruth · Married on 03/22/2014

This venue was a Rehearsal Wedding Dinner.held in the evening. It was beautiful. The colors were very pretty, the servers were responsive as they could be. I had added people a few days before the venue date and Riverwalk was able to accommodate them. In addition, I had added people on the venue date and still Riverwalk was able to accommodate them. The patio was arranged and the fuel heaters added such a nice touch to the ambiance. There were firecrackers at a distance and those that went to the patio had a nice display. This is a very nice place to hold your private dinner with plenty of space and a peaceful surrounding. Being on a budget, we brought in our dessert and it was served. This venue was more nearly $500 less than the Crowne Plaza in Mission Valley because Riverwalk was able to accommodate me with the buffet menu. I had 50 in my wedding dinner rehearsal party and we had a lot of fun!.

Heidi · Married on 03/22/2014

Our wedding was perfect. From the beautiful setting to the amazing staff, our day was everything we could have dreamed. Isabel was great to work with and the night of our event, Alexis was there every step of the way to be sure everything worked out perfectly. She even gave us a ride to our hotel at the end of the night so that we wouldn't have to wait for a taxi!

Seriously, it was a night that we'll never forget. Thanks to Riverwalk and ALL of our other vendors, our dream wedding came true. :)

Typically wedding food is just okay, but our food was DELICIOUS. We had numerous people compliment us on our dinner so you know it was good!

Vania · Married on 09/28/2013

We are so glad we booked our wedding C&R at the Riverwalk! Catering/Event/F&B coordinators Anne and Lauren were the most helpful, flexible, and professional people we have ever worked with. They helped us customize and execute our wedding to be EXACTLY what we had envisioned. The staff was super friendly, and helpful! OUR GUESTS WERE IMPRESSED! The venue was clean, beautiful, and fit our theme perfectly! Thank you Riverwalk for making our night one we will never forget!

Lyndsie · Married on 09/07/2013

The whole entire team at Riverwalk Golf Club did an awesome job making our wedding day perfect! Anne was always so polite and helpful whenever I needed her. Lauren was extremely important because she insured that I didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. I showed up and everything was perfect as she promised! Alexis was such a great help keeping everything in a timely fashion and even helped me drag my big dress around! All I can say is thank you Riverwalk team!!! You guys made my day one that I will never forget!!!

• F

Frank · Married on 07/13/2013

Anne andLauren were great. Food was delicious and venue was clean

• F

Frank · Married on 07/13/2013

Riverwalk Country Club is the ideal reception hall for couples who want the biggest bang for their buck. Beautiful venue and staff was very professional.

Micaela · Married on 06/01/2013

Anne, Lauren and Alexis all worked with me and made my wedding super easy to plan and everything turned out perfect! I would definately recommend this venue to anyone else considering having a wedding or event here. I love how my wedding turned out and it was all thanks to these lovely ladies and their team!

Anne and Lauren did so much for myself and my husband. We had the time of our lives at our wedding and we got so many compliments on the venue!

Marisa · Married on 01/26/2013

Anne and Lauren were amazing to work with and the Riverwalk offers some of the best prices around for quite a bit in return for a wedding reception. I can't say enough good things about this place. We had a great experience from start to finish and our reception turned out to be everything we wanted it to be.

• Sandra

Sandra · Married on 07/28/2012

I can't say enough about the Riverwalk, our wedding was beyond amazing and everything was just perfect! Anne was very wonderful and pleasant to work with throughout the whole process and was very accommodating with all of our requests. Lauren, who was our day-of coordinator and was also there for our tasting, did the most amazing job on our wedding day making sure everything went smoothly. The venue itself is beautiful, we had our ceremony on the outdoor patio and the views are just gorgeous. We also had our cocktail hour as well as our reception there. One of my favorite features of the Riverwalk is that one entire wall is made of windows that completely open up to the outside patio so your reception can be both indoor and outdoor if you choose. We had a plated dinner and the food was fantastic, it was dual-plated chicken and salmon and the Riverwalk has some of the best pricing in San Diego. We used all of their preferred vendors (which is not required) with the exception of our photographer (whom we had already booked) and they were all amazing, affordable, and did a phenomenal job. If you are looking for a beautiful venue with great service and food that won't cost you an arm and a leg, I highly recommend the Riverwalk!!

Adriana · Married on 05/27/2012

Riverwalk was a great venue for our 120 guest wedding. Anne, who helped put it all together, was wonderful! She was kind, helpful, and VERY flexible. The view of the golf course and bridge was enjoyed by all, we received great reviews on the food from everyone. Lauren and the staff were very responsive and honest, we had 3 different items returned to us that could have easily disappeared.
    Be sure to rent heaters for an evening wedding, there is a cool strong breeze that comes through the patio. The draping along the picture wall is also a must. We received about the same items as we could have gotten at Steele Canyon for about $2000 less, and were able to stay later into the night, not to mention the central location was a plus. Thank you Anne & Riverwalk!

Hope · Married on 05/12/2012

I thank you very much for the wonderful, wonderful hospitality that you and your team showed us on May 12th. The wedding and reception was a complete hit with no problems, a little windy (LOL) but it started ontime and it was wonderful. Much gratitude to you and your team. I wish you guys the best in all you endure and I know that weddings at "Riverwalk" will continue to be successful. Good Luck with all the other weddings and GOD BLESS =)

Nicole · Married on 04/07/2012

Great price, great staff, overall a great place for my wedding and reception. For the price I paid I was expecting average food but it was superb. I got so many compliments from my guests(we had the Italian food). The setting was perfect for pictures also. I am so glad I chose Riverwalk and I would recommend it to anyone.

mary · Married on 01/07/2012

Our daughter's wedding was beautiful! It was a beautiful day to always be remembered. I have recommended it to a friend and they booked it the same day they looked at it! The Riverwalk was personal, professional and we couldn't have asked for anything better. The staff was so wonderful and welcoming. They didn't mind phone calls from gitttery Bride to be or her Mama. Dinner was to rave over! Everyone is still telling us how great the food was, so not the usual wedding dinner. Everything went beautifully because of the amazing staff at The Riverwalk in Mission Valley. I highly recommend it to you!

Traci · Married on 04/17/2010

Riverwalk was our reception location. Everyone at Riverwalk was so great to work with--especially Cristin Hopkins.

Emily · Married on 07/14/2007

I couldn't be more pleased with Riverwalk Golf Club. The venue was beautiful, and the people were great!

Sent on 07/16/2008

Riverwalk Golf Club's reply:

Thank you for such wonderful feedback! You were truly one of my all time favorite brides to work with. See, all that organization and planning sure paid off. Best wishes for you and John in the future! Let me know when it's time to plan for a baby shower! J/K Sincerely, Rachel Allen
  • User3608841 · event on: 09/20/2013

Working with Anne was a great experience! Her response to my emails were quick and always answered my questions!!