Riverview Room Reviews

Riverview Room 1
  • Alexa

Alexa Devlieger · Getting married on 09/25/2021

Amazing service!

Our wedding is not until 2021, but my fiancé and I heard about this venue through family friends that have gotten married there. After just 1 meeting, we were greeted kindly and have been helped with every question. We received our proposal and made several edits through sit down meetings and shown exactly what was changed and was told how everything will be done to our specifications. We are very excited to have our wedding at the Riverview Room!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Alexis · Getting married on 11/24/2019

Absolutely great

Everyone we’ve spoken to since the day we started planning has been SO awesome and accommodating. I have to sing praises to Katie especially. Everyone at the Riverview Room has exceeded our expectations by tenfold, and we still have ELEVEN MONTHS til our wedding!!!

Sent on 01/06/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful and amazing venue!

Riverview Room was one of the first venues I found when starting to look for our reception, it was perfect for a large crowd with multiple spots to vendors come in as well as a beautiful terrace for our cocktail hour! The staff is amazing and so great to work with! The food was delicious and were so accommodating for every request we had for our big day! All of our guests loved the view and had some perfect backdrops for pictures at night! We still are getting comments on how much fun the entire night was!

Sent on 01/15/2019

Kayli · Married on 06/30/2018

My wedding isn't until June 30, 2018. BUT I just wanted to say how happy I am with the service so far. Mary has been amazing at sending quotes, brainstorming ideas, and providing vendor lists so quickly. I am so excited to be having my wedding here!!! I will write another review following my big day!

Sent on 03/07/2017

We cannot say enough amazing things about the Riverview Room. The service was fantastic and all our guests loved the food. Thanks to Mary and her team our wedding was a night to remember!

Sent on 06/24/2016

Amazing. Can't say enough wonderful things about this venue. I was simpler key blown away by everything.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

We could not be more happy we choose the Riverview Room to have our reception! Booking with Mary made everything feel easy and worry-free. Mary and her staff really make sure you will not worry about a thing the entire night (really the whole process)! Our guests are still raving over the wonderful food and views that the Riverview Room offers. If you want a wedding in downtown New Orleans there really is no other competition with the Riverview Room!

Sent on 09/16/2015

I cannot recommend the Riverview Room enough! As an out of state bride, I was faced with difficulty in finding a venue - we almost didn't pick the Riverview Room because it didn't fit my 'vision.' I'm so glad we did.
    PRIOR to the wedding:
    Mary, Melanie, and team made our lives so easy. From our wedding year, month, week, and day, they were always there to help us!
    As for decorations, Riverview Room will provide some basic decorations, but we brought some of our own. We dropped them off earlier in the week, and they set them up the day of. I was able to enjoy the company of my bridesmaids instead of rushing around trying to decorate the place the morning of.
    One of the downsides of this venue is the minimum of 150 guests for a Friday wedding and a minimum of 200 for a Saturday wedding - we ended up having a Friday wedding because of this.
    DURING the wedding:
    First off, as soon as I walked through the elevator, Mary and team were at my beckoning call - did I need champagne? Food? Anything?
    The outdoor ceremony space was amazing. The weather was gorgeous for our 6:30 ceremony time - you could see the rooftops and the cathedral, and the Mississippi. It was great.
    A month later, guests are comparing our food to other weddings and they keep telling us how great it was (sorry, I'm not sorry that our food was AWESOME!)
    During the reception, things went flawlessly. The team handled all the timing, the cake cutting, and the coordinating with the DJ. I didn't have to worry about a thing!
    Finally, AFTER the wedding, they sent home all the parents with food and cake and we too got food and cake. Because we were second lining away from the ceremony, they just held it to the next day and we picked up the decorations and the food the morning after the wedding.
    I'm reaching the maximum character limit, so the long story short - we would 100% recommend them to anyone that is looking for a great all-in-one venue! Riverview Room will take care of y

Sent on 05/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/07/2015

I can't say enough about the Riverview Room, Mary and her staff. What an absolute perfect venue for a day so special. From day 1 of planning, I felt like I was in good hands. Mary is trustworthy, flexible, helpful and straightforward. She helps with vision, decision making and so much more. The Riverview Room itself is incredible. The decor and architecture is beautiful without any additional decorations. Our guests RAVED about the food. They are still talking about it! And the rooftop view on the terrace made our ceremony so magical! And for the out-of-town guests, it was such a neat New Orleans experience. If you are questioning whether to book your ceremony/reception here....stop. If you book this second, you won't regret it!

Sent on 04/10/2015

Erin · Married on 08/02/2014

Awesome venue with an absolute beautiful view and atmosphere! Mary and her team did an awesome job making our wedding day one we'll never forget!

Sent on 10/16/2014

leah · Married on 03/07/2014

I recently had my wedding here 3/7/14 and I could not have asked for a better Reception Venue. Mary was the absolute best to work with. I had several Special Requests, and she had no problem assisting me to make sure everything was perfect! The food is the absolute best! My guest raved about the food, still to this day.

Sent on 04/16/2014

We had a wonderful experience planning our March 2014 wedding at the Riverview Room. We were planning the wedding from New York and Mary and her team were always quick to reply to our questions and very accommodating towards our requests. The views were a big selling point for us as we were planning a destination wedding with out-of-town guests -- we didn't see any other venues with comparable views. We did the ceremony on the terrace facing the French Quarter and it wrapped up about 15 minutes after sundown - the lighting was gorgeous as the sun went down, and it looked great in our photos. It was a Hindu ceremony and Mary was experienced with our mandap vendor, Nirvana, which was helpful. As for the reception, the food was great (especially the gumbo and the Creole pasta, which were the biggest hits) and we managed to fit a brass band and a photo booth alongside our 150 guests without it feeling crowded. Also, Mary handled all the vendors and their tips so we were free to enjoy ourselves -- so glad about that! Highly recommend the RR for its beautiful views and great staff.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Kristen · Married on 01/25/2014

Everything about the Riverview Room was perfect! The food was great, the room is beautiful, and Mary is awesome and extremely easy to work with.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/03/2014

Mary Quarls and her staff are the most friendly, warm, organized and professional people at any venue!

From the minute we started the planning, Mary has suggested vendors to us and every one was perfect as well as her warm advise. The night of the wedding was everything she said it would be and more! The food, band and dancing, cake, drinks, photo booth and sign-in table all were perfect with plenty of room to spare. It truly was everything we expected but a lot more. We would recommend this venue to everyone whether you are planning a wedding or a party! We can't wait to go back for an event soon!

Sent on 01/10/2014

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our wedding reception. Everything (from the food to the service to the scenery) was absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 01/20/2014

Wow! Where to begin? Mary Quarls is the most amazing person to work with. From the moment we met her, we knew that the Riverview room was the place for my daughter's reception. The venue is amazing with beautiful views of the river and the city. Everyone raved about the food. And, Mary and her team did everything from beginning to end. We had such a fantastic time. Mary is professional, answers emails and phone calls promptly, answers any question you have and will try to accomodate any request you have. I cannot say enough about our experience. It was a wonderful, memorable event thanks to the Mary and her team.

Sent on 12/12/2013

Valerie · Married on 10/19/2013

Our daughter was married here this past weekend. Everything was perfect. The staff were very professional and attentive. The food was delicious. The rooftop ceremony provided New Orleans flavor. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Mary and her staff are the best. I would recommend the Riverview Room to any one for any event.

Sent on 12/15/2013

Angela · Married on 09/07/2013

Best Decision we made for our wedding was using the Riverview Room as our wedding reception venue!! Mary and her team were absolutely brilliant and helped make Sept 14, 2013 the best night of our lives!

The Food- AMAZING: it was abundant, always replenished, served hot with such rich robust flavors and quality. The variety was outstanding

The View- AMAZING: Surrounded by the Mississippi River, the St Louis Cathedral and in the heart of the French Quarter- you can see it all with the panoramic balconies and large open wide windows that surround the venue. No one can beat this

The Space: AMAZING: nice dance floor, clean carpet, nice china and glasses, unique layout with plenty of room both inside and out!

The Open Bar: AMAZING: enough said!!! All guests were so delighted!

The Value: AMAZING: all inclusive of appetizers, food, open bars, personal attendants, linens, tables, chairs, cake cutting, the list goes on and on! Value CANNOT be beat by ANY vendor in the French Quarter- Trust me I looked!!

Mary: AMAZING: this woman knows everything there is to know about coordinating your event. She offers amazing advice, is easily reachable at any time and was there from start to absolute finish on the big day. An absolute breath of fresh air to work with compared to many other vendors around town!!! Her team is hands down amazing as well!!!

In short, book at Riverview Room and your wedding will be AMAZING :)

Sent on 10/09/2013

anne marie · Married on 06/01/2013

What can I say about the most perfect wedding ever!!! I had the time of my life at my wedding. Oh did I mention how awesome the food is. The service, Mary from the moment you meet her to the time that you leave made me feel like I was the only bride she every had. I did a lot of my own decorations to go along with my New Orleans theme and Mary and her staff were so kind to put them together and put them out for me. When I walked into the room all I saw were all the candles and flowers I was taken away by the beauty of it all. All my guest loved overlooking the river, and seeing the paddle wheel go by. So many of my friends say when they get married they want to have their wedding there. Thanks a million, Anne Marie

Sent on 09/02/2013

Absolutely wonderful! I could not have picked a better reception hall with a GREAT wedding coordinator. She will make your day EASY and FUN! Very accommodating!

Sent on 06/18/2013

Ashley · Married on 10/06/2012

Mary and her staff at the riverview room are truly experts in weddings. The riverview room is a prime French quarter location and was easily walkable from the cathedral. From the moment I walked in the door and assistant greeted me with a smile and she didn’t leave my side the entire time. The had an assistant for each the bride and groom and the couples parents. They waited on us hand and foot. If we wouldn't have had a coordinator, they would actually contact your vendors in advance to ensure ontime arrival. Between lu and the riverview room staff, I didn’t have to ask for anything! The food was excellent. It was always hot and they replenished the food whole night.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Tammy · Married on 10/06/2012

Venue was beautiful and spacious with the best views in the city! The food was great and very plentiful! I can't compliment the staff enough. Mary, the manager was great to work with and everything was perfect.

Sent on 04/15/2013

The staff at the Riverview room was amazing! Mary helped relieve so so much of our stress. They set up the entire room just the way we wanted after only verbally describing everything! The staff had energy, were happy and extremely helpful! I can't express in words how amazing they were! If you want to get married in the French Quarter, the Riverview Room is the place to do it!

Sent on 08/08/2012