54 Reviews for Rivermill at Dover Landing

Uncovered Outdoor (2)
Event Planning (1)
Outside Cake (1)
51 Rivermill at Dover Landing Reviews

My husband and I were so happy with our wedding at the Rivermill. This is actually the only venue we looked at but we knew from the first meeting that it was the perfect space for our wedding. Kevin and Starr were great to work with. We loved being able to customize the space and everything looked absolutely perfect the night of. We had an indoor ceremony on site that went over really well. There are so many beautiful spots in the area to take pictures. We received so many compliments on the food and the venue and all of our guests had a great time. We hope the be able to attend a Rivermill wedding as guests sometime! Would definitely recommend this venue to any couple getting married!

Profile Picture Kerry, 5/25/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Linens, Chairs, Indoor

10/10 would recommend to any bride to be

Profile Picture User6908442, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Linens, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I had my wedding here on November 14th,2015 and all I can say is that this venue and the experience was nothing short of spectacular. The space itself is stunning and rich in character and charm. The brick walls, exposed beams and large windows provide a beautiful backdrop and create a warm atmosphere for any event but it was especially perfect for a wedding. I found that we didn't need much for decorations because the room itself is the epitome of industrial elegance. The room provided adequate space for the ceremony, tables for the 125 guests that were present, high top tables for cocktail hour, the band, photo booth, bar, and most importantly the dance floor! Kevin and Starr were exceptional to work with. They coordinated the whole day and eased my mind, making sure everything was in place which allowed me to have a stress free day at my own wedding! They provided endless options and I was really able to customize the day and bring to life the wedding exactly as I had envisioned. Kevin and Starr also provided packages and lists of preferred vendors which made the planning process more straightforward and organized, and less daunting and overwhelming. To this day I am still receiving compliments from my guests about how gorgeous the venue was. Hands down, booking this venue was the best decision we made for our wedding! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 11/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Chairs, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Cake

We loved our recent wedding at Rivermill and guests were raving too! Once we saw the space, we knew it was the one! We had both our ceremony and reception at Rivermill, which made it very convenient for all involved. If you are looking for a unique space that you can make you own, in a quaint town, this is it! Owners Kevin and Starr were extremely helpful and professional throughout the entire process. On the day of, they helped coordinate all of the details and things went down without hitch! Rivermill staff was on top of things from start to finish! We highly recommend this venue for its original space and helpful/professional staff.! Thanks for helping our vision come to life Rivermill!

Profile Picture Happy , 11/2/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the second I walked into Rivermill I knew that I wanted to have my wedding reception there. The space is so different and special and I truly loved everything about it. My wedding day was amazing. Kevin was incredibly professional and accommodating. I met with him multiple times before the wedding and each time he was completely focused on what my husband and I wanted for our wedding. He made sure certain tables and lighting were available for our day that we really wanted. He also made himself available the Thursday before our wedding and opened the space, allowing for us to set up before the big day.

During the reception everything was run so smoothly. He even made a point to come over to us personally to make sure we were enjoying our time and brought us a drink from the bar. We honestly could not have been happier with our experience and so many of our guests commented on how wonderful the reception was.

Profile Picture Ashlee, 10/25/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot express my gratitude to the staff at the Rivermill enough. Their professionalism in every aspect of their work was absolutely second to none. Incredibly accommodating in every aspect, no matter the request. Fast to address and respond to any concerns and always there with helpful recommendations.

As for the venue itself it was just what my wife and I were looking for. We didn't want a "Country Club" wedding with white walls, white linens, and crystal chandeliers. The brick walls of the Riverill add a ton of character and provide for great photo opportunities. The huge windows provide a ton of natural light (but they do have blinds too if needed!).

If we had to do everything over again, I wouldn't change a thing. Starr thank you so much. You were a joy to work with and the day truly was perfect. We wish you and your company nothing but the best and will continue to send business your way.

Profile Picture Aaron, 8/9/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married at the Rivermill and are so absolutely pleased with our experience. The venue was actually purchased just a few months before our wedding, which naturally stressed me out! However, our experience with the new management was even better than before! Kevin and Starr are passionate about giving you a great wedding experience (Starr was outside gardening herself and Kevin even coordinated his outfit to our wedding!). They worked with us to create a completely unique and amazing wedding. Rivermill allowed us to come early to set up ourselves (our choice) on Friday and come late on Sunday to pick everything up. They helped us along the way when we weren't sure about the timeline, floor plan, etc. People's first comments have been about how fun and distinctly beautiful the venue was. It's a brick canvas that you can make your own! That's exactly what we were looking for.

Profile Picture Leandra, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had such a wonderful experience working with Aaron Wensley and the wedding was perfect. We couldnt have asked for a better venue then the Rivermill. With Aarons help durnig the planning process and on the day of the event everything went very smoothly and turned out great. We wish we could do it all over again!

Profile Picture Emily , 4/26/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Where do I even begin!? The entire staff is fantastic. Amy went above and beyond what we could have asked for. The venue itself is STUNNING, we got so many compliments on how great it was. The staff was great about getting things set-up, all of my emails and questions were answered in less than a few hours, they made me feel comfortable and I knew I was in good hands as their knowledge and expertise was apparent in all of my up front communication with them. The day of the wedding went without a hitch and it was in large part of the staff at Rivermill. From making sure things were on time to getting an extra place setting, they were so on top of things it was incredible. Amy was so on top of things that I walked into the rest room to get the petticoat off cause it was too hot and I turned around and she was there to grab it from me and get it put away! Amy, Kurt, Brit... everyone was a pleasure to work with and their professionalism and attention to detail was above and beyond. So thankful for their effort to make my wedding day special!

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/10/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an amazing wedding at the Rivermill at Dover Landing. Everyone who helped us made sure that our night went off without a hitch. The staff is professional and so friendly as well as extremely knowledgeable. Not to mention the venue is beautiful and unique. We got endless compliments on the Rivermill and highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/2/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just had our wedding at Rivermill at Dover Landing on October 19th, and I cannot say enough great things about the venue as a physical location, and the amazing staff there, especially Britt! We had the time of our lives, and Britt was friendly, helpful, and so responsive in the entire planning process. This team is A+, and we would highly recommend the Rivermill as a venue for couples looking for something unique. The space is so beautiful on its own, but Britt was able to help us make it our own. LOVE LOVE LOVE Rivermill, and the staff there. Thank you all for making our day we'll never forget!!!!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Rivermill was an amazing place for my October 13th wedding! You can't go wrong with a beautiful industrial location in a New England autumn setting. All the Rivermill staff - particularly Aaron - were so wonderful and helpful and responded to our every question. Even when we requested some things that were a bit unconventional (for instance, we needed them to store our rather large chuppah before the ceremony in the adjacent park), they never blinked and went out of their way to help us with every detail.

Also, during the wedding itself, the staff was incredibly attentive and helpful, always making sure that all the details were taken care of so that we didn't have to worry about anything. And finally, the next morning they had packed up and organized everything we needed to retrieve from the venue.

We got so many comments from guests that they loved the venue and really enjoyed the beautiful, unique setting. I can't recommend Rivermill highly enough!

Profile Picture Kristen, 10/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding could not have been more perfect! It was even better than I imagined, and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Kirt and Britt were so easy to work with, and were always on top of everything that needed to be done.

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/28/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Kirt and his team at the Rivermill are amazing. They worked seamlessly to ensure our wedding would be a day that we would never forget!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/1/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at Rivermill absolutely deserve the full 5 stars. I don't think there's much they could have done to improve on our experience. My husband and I fell in love with the look of the venue itself. There's so much character in the space that we were able to take it easy on the decorations and still have everything pop.

Rivermill doesn't offer food service, but has a full kitchen and a list of preferred vendors. Britt is clearly very selective with her vendors as ours (Liberty Lanes) was top notch! She worked with them and all our other vendors directly, so we had the ease of a packaged wedding but with freedom to pull in who we wanted and make the wedding our own.

I'd also like the specially thank Katherine, who was with us for the rehearsal and day of. I was nervous about changing to another Rivermill contact for the day of, but the handoff was warm and Katherine was amazing. She was clearly very excited for us, put us at ease, and allowed us to enjoy the day without stressing about the small things.

My husband and I opted to have the ceremony at the venue as well. We had a huge number of people tell us how surprised they were when they realized the space had been transformed during cocktail hour. Without getting into specifics of how, the team created a wonderful ceremony location and transitioned into a reception within the same space, without disturbing (and rather delighting) our guests. This enabled everyone to enjoy themselves immediately and maximized our time to take photos quickly.

I generally try to be objective and provide some criticism, but there is nothing to mark them down. We couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Suggestions for other vendors - Little Leaf Studios (amazing photography), DJ Nate Downs, and Classic Photographers had a great photo booth.

Profile Picture Chris, 7/13/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most amazing and perfect wedding at Rivermill last weekend! Aaron was superb to work with from the beginning and helped me through every bit of planning. The Rivermill provided a unique and classy backdrop for our special day and our guests raved about how amazing it was.

Aaron and the Rivermill staff go above and beyond to make sure all details are in place - from providing complimentary valet parking to confirming all vendors/arrival times - they do whatever they can to help make the day as relaxed and enjoyable as possible.

I would highly recommend Rivermill and its staff for any event/function in the Dover or Seacoast area. I can't say enough about how great they really are!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/1/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful space! Very different from your typical wedding venue. Britt was very helpful with any question I had and also quick to respond

Profile Picture User3525217, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at The Rivermill at Dover Landing were phenomonal. They understand the needs of a couple/family planning a wedding and are willing to do anything they can to make it as stress free as possible. Britt especially did not make me feel like the frantic bride when I was sending last minute emails and changes her way. Lisa was the even coordinator on the day of our wedding and I can't gush enough about how personable, professional and understanding she is. The vendors that The Rivermill have also aligned themselves with only enhance The Rivermill's effectiveness in helping to plan/pull off a PERFECT wedding. Lastly, the venue itself received only extremely positive feedback from guests - the setting, the layout, the backdrop - I could go on and on!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We were so happy we went with the Rivermil for our wedding venue. In additon to how beautiful and unique the actual venue is the staff at the Rivermill is spectacular. We felt so confident with them that the venue wasn't even a worry the day of the wedding. We knew we could show up and be wowed by how they took our decorations and transformed the venue into our individualized wedding. Britt was so great with responding immediately, guiding us through any questions we had and making sure our day was perfect. Everyone getting married should strongly consider the Rivermill for their day!!

Profile Picture Bridget, 12/1/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The minute I walked in the door of the Rivermill, I knew it was EXACTLY what we were looking for in our venue, it is so beautiful and unique and really a blank canvas to do whatever you want. We worked closely with Britt and she was so fantastic and responsive, we love her! The day of the wedding went great, they took all my stress away. We had our ceremony there as well, and it was perfect. Britt and Lisa were always there when we needed them and so helpful and patient the entire time. Everyone at our wedding kept telling us how awesome the venue was and we agree! Thanks again!

Profile Picture Beth, 11/3/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I fell in love with the Rivermill the moment I went in for a tour over a year ago! We were looking for something different, and hoped to stay as far away from fancy rugs and stiff ball rooms as possible! Rivermill was a breath of fresh air, without a doubt. The outside of the mill is stunning, a water front walk down to the entrance sets the tone to a naturally beautiful space. Inside, a gorgeous blank slate is available to suite your tastes.

I primarily worked with Britt throughout the planning process. She was organized, friendly, always available. Britt promptly responded to my panicked emails, random questions, and gave excellent advice.

On our wedding day, I met Katherine- a fun, easy going member of the Rivermill Team. She and Britt worked together at our big event, and it went off without a hitch!

My family and I had a wonderful experience with Britt and Katherine. Our guests raved about the fabulous space, and loved the uniqueness of it all. We had the best time, and fondly refer to our wedding as "the perfect day."

Thank you, thank you for all your hard work!

-Christin and Corey Magliozzi

Profile Picture Christin, 10/13/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot say enough positive things about the Rivermill. My husband and I live in New York, and planning a wedding from out of town can be difficult. The Rivermill became the perfect fit. First, we loved that it's a little different. The exposed brick and factory history really made it stand out for us. During our wedding, we got lanterns and the purple uplighting and it looked absolutely beautiful. When I walked in after taking pictures I was truly almost ready to cry it looked so perfect. We had a large wedding in July and decided to have the cocktail hour outside. At first both of us were concerned about whether it would look like a parking lot, but the Rivermill put up a tent and tables and in the summer, the entrance looks beautiful, because of all the trees and flowers, and I couldn't have been happier with the decision. Finally, Britt is truly WONDERFUL to work with. She definitely heard our freak out moments (like when we thought we would have 40 people more than we planned) and she worked so hard to constantly reassure us. She sent me emails in response almost instantly and helped us work out every issue we had. In the end, picking the Rivermill was the best decision we made. We had a beautiful wedding that felt like us as opposed to some cookie cutter wedding, and I couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Colleen, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The team at the Rivermill was very helpful and accomodating for our wedding. They worked with us to arrange for multiple visits to the venue, and then coordinated around schedules to let us come in a set up early. Special thanks to Britt for all her support (emails, questions, visits, etc....). I would recommend the Rivermill to anyone who wants a unique venue with great service.

Profile Picture Brendan, 7/6/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Working with the staff at Rivermill was nothing but a positive and enjoyable experience. They were friendly, knowledgeable and exceptionally accommodating. In addition to being an absolutely fabulous team, the location and venue itself is gorgeous.

Planning a wedding and worrying about the details the day of can be stressful for a bride, but I never experienced an ounce of concern. This is all because the Rivermill staff provided guidance along the way and attended to every last question and concern I had. They were an absolute joy to work with; I highly recommend them to any couple looking for a special place to celebrate their day.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/23/12, 2 Reviews