River Landing Reviews

30 Reviews for River Landing

• Jaslynn

Jaslynn · Married on 08/05/2018

Peterson’s Wedding

River Landing is beautiful my guest loved loved loved it ! Every time i have people who was not invited see my pictures the first question they ask is where’s this venue

Sent on 04/16/2019

Renesha · Married on 05/28/2017

My fiance and I fell in love with all that River Landing has to offer. Our wedding is scheduled for May 2017 and the booking and beginning of the planning process has been extremely pleasant. River Landing/Mad Boar is a one stop shop, which is exactly what we have been searching for. We look forward to spending our special day and working with Jenna and River Landing

Sent on 11/02/2015

Blake · Married on 09/09/2016

Everyone and everything was outstanding. Great location, staff, food, cake. Tabitha Walsh was an awesome coordinator and helped me to calm down before my wedding. Jamie Slichter rocked our groom's cake and wedding cake. She gave us exactly what we asked for!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Liz · Married on 05/29/2016

My fiance and I live in Wilmington but are 100% against the typical beach wedding. I have had a longstanding desire to get married in the mountains but because of the trek, we were looking for something that had the feel of the mountains without the commute. Cue River Landing and the River Lodge. We went to a bridal expo in downtown Wilmington and after passing by the River Landing booth twice, a picture of a wooden lodge in the middle of the woods caught my eye and I was immediately drawn in. We first met Maddie, a sweet young lady who is one of the coordinators at RL. She invited us to an event called Brides in Wonderland, a two day event that RL was putting on for potential wedding clients. We immediately signed up and attended the event the next week. River Landing put together SUCH an incredible event. We were put up in the hotel not even a mile down the road from the community, we had an amazing dinner in the incredibly beautiful ballroom (one of the venue options) and were treated as more than just potential clients, but as welcomed guests. The next day, we were given tours of all of the available venues on the property and as soon as we saw the River Lodge (and the tee box where we could get married on if we chose that option -which we are!), we were sold and signed papers right on the spot. Kristen Roser, who I'm calling our "wedding day wonderwoman", has been our main point of contact and coordinator. Mind you, we are still a year out from our wedding but every email I've sent, every question I've asked has been immediately responded to and a magnitude of help has been given at every turn. The prices at the venue are fantastic, the catering menu is extensive and it's truly everything I could've hoped for without being in the NC Mountains. My fiance and I are SO looking forward to our big day next year and know that with the beautiful venue, and help from their incredible staff, that it is truly going to be a most magical and love-filled day.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Bailey · Married on 04/24/2016

Had a wonderful wedding. We were at the River Lodge looked amazing. The food was great , the staff was friendly and made every thing just flow perfectly. My only complaint was the room we stayed in. The cape Jasmine suit above the club house the room was 90% great had plenty of space a full kitchen etc. but we had a problem with the shower not having pressure and a fruit fly problem. We did not ask to change rooms due to checking in late at night and having a 2 year old that needed sleep and such. But over all I would recommend river landing in a heart beat. They were affordable caring and made every thing so much easier. I already have to friend who approached me at the wedding asking to sit down with me to go over what we did because they are looking to have there weddings there now too.

Sent on 04/26/2016

My wedding is a year away, but there is no venue I'd rather have my wedding at than River Landing. I met the staff at their Brides in Wonderland event this past January, and they truly treat potential brides like royalty and have a quality of customer service that I did not find at any other venue I toured. My wedding coordinator is always available to answer my questions, and meet in person if I desire. I cannot wait to have my wedding here!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Amber · Married on 04/16/2016

We and our guests enjoyed our wedding day immensely!!! All of the staff was very helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. On the big day, everything was very organized, the place was beautiful, the food great, the cake gorgeous and absolutely delicious, and all of the staff was overly catering to our guests. Everyone had a grand time!!! Special thanks to Jenna for working with me throughout the whole process and Jamie for creating the best cake we've ever ate!!!

Sent on 05/01/2016

The cake was beautiful and delicious. I wouldn't have changed anything about it!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Dawn · Married on 10/23/2015

They were so helpful and attentive to making my wedding run very well!!!

Sent on 12/02/2015

We absolutely loved the venue and Jenna was amazing. She was so helpful throughout the whole process. I know that she was dealing with other brides but she made me feel like I was the center priority for her. She was a huge help throughout the whole process. The food was wonderful and I just cannot thank everyone enough for all they did. I will definitely be coming back.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Keri · Married on 08/23/2014

Absolutely everything was AMAZING!!!! The Clubhouse Suites were WOW! The River Lodge was so rustic romantic, perfect for our wedding day! The nearby hotel where our guests stayed was perfect. The staff is wonderful (Maddie and Leon were amazing!!) and we could have not dreamed of a better outcome. Save thousands and create beautiful memories at this place. Set an appointment to go take a look at the grounds because they have every type of atmosphere you could ever imagine.

Sent on 06/20/2015

Courtney · Married on 08/16/2014

Loved this venue add did all of my guests. Nothing but compliments on leon add he was my right hand mam all night and made everything go so smoothly.

Sent on 08/18/2014

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

River Landing is a BEAUTIFUL place. Leon was wonderful to work with and handled everything the day of the wedding. The whole staff was professional, friendly, and very responsive. They made sure that everyone was taken care of especially the Bride and Groom. They made sure the wedding and reception went smoothly. The food was excellent everyone and everyone loved it.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Amber and Charles · Married on 09/21/2013

While searching for a venue in Southeastern North Carolina, I was curious upon finding a photographer’s album of a wedding held at a place called River Landing. After visiting the website, I just knew I had to see River Landing in person. With my then fiancé and our families, I traveled to Wallace. Needless to say, we were blown away with the beauty of the property and we began envisioning our wedding being held there. We booked our wedding date within a few days of our initial meeting.
    With booking a wedding two years in advance, we experienced a number of changes within River Landing’s event-planning staff. However, any concerns we had were negated when we met with Kristin Roser. She worked alongside our wedding planner and was very open to the plans we had for our wedding day. We loved that River Landing was very flexible in working with other vendors; they did not have many of the restrictions that many other venues tend to enforce. We went into the planning process with certain types of food items/ideas in mind and the chef executed those perfectly. River Landing was the perfect place to have our wedding weekend. It was the ideal combination of beauty and top notch events staff!

-Amber and Charles

Sent on 12/02/2013

So far everyone at River Landing has been amazing! They have worked with me every step of the way and made sure things run smoothly! If you get a choice work with Leon he is wonderful and really knows what he is doing. Very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Rachel · Married on 12/20/2014

We loved having our wedding here. Everyone was so helpful, the food was great, and it was beautiful! I loved how easy they made the planning and how gorgeous everything turned out!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Teresa · event on: 04/05/2014

This place is amazing. I am so happy with our decision to have married here! It was a beautiful day and everyone enjoyed themselves so much.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Taylor · Married on 06/04/2016

Our wedding at the Lodge at River Landing ended up being PERFECT! The venue is beautiful, the food was outstanding, and the venue coordinator, Jenna, was such a joy to work with. We decided to book River Landing as our venue after attending one of their bridal showcases in which they allow you to tour every wedding site, taste all of the food, and see the accommodations available. We had been shopping around for venue for some time, and the value there just outdid all of the rest by a mile!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Lais · Married on 05/01/2016

Beautiful location! All my guests were amazed and probably thought we spent a lot more than we did. Had an initial bad experience when Leon never showed up to our meeting and I had traveled for hours with family and friends and was completely embarrassed. Thankfully Madi found someone to help so Jenna stepped in and saved the day! They turned a bad experience into something good. Cannot say the same about their manager Tabitha that never responded to my email as I requested. They did however credit linens after I asked for the inconveniences that Leon brought. Which was a good few hundred dollars off. The event itself was flawless, seamless. Jenna was amazing in response time and accommodations. As I was a VERY picky bride, especially after having gone through some bad experiences. All in all the place was amazing and the value for the money was great! It wasn't one of those "you get what you pay for" deal. They really exceeded my expectations in the end.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Melanie · Married on 04/02/2016

I recently had my wedding at River Landing. After many stressful months of looking for the perfect venue I stumbled across this hidden jewel. I felt like the entire staff was available just for me! From tastings to all the fine details they were there. I was able to meet with the pastry chef Jamie who took time out her week to personally met with me and go over every fine detail! Phenomenal service! The food was good and the cake was something out a movie, all our guests ranted and raved about it! Be sure to check out the river lodge. Perfect for an Outdoor wedding!

Sent on 04/30/2016

3.0

River Landing was a fabulous place to hold a wedding. We had the ceremony on the beach next to Cape Fear River and then had the reception in the River Lodge. The food, price and service was excellent. They gave us golf carts for the wedding party to go from the club house to the River Lodge. The only issue we had was a tough time getting hold of people for the planning and getting the contract finalized. We also rented suites at the club house and cottage on the resort. The cottages were fabulous but the suites had some mechanical issues but they were fixed. Renting on the resort allowed us to use the free breakfast at the Holiday Inn next door. We also had the dress rehearsal dinner at Mad Boar restaurant next door and that had fabulous food also.

Sent on 09/22/2013

Sarah · Married on 04/19/2014

They were great to work with and everything was just as I wanted it! Leon out wedding coordination made it all happen and he was great!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Joy · Married on 10/05/2013

3.0

My October wedding was absolutely beautiful at River Landing! Leon and his staff were professional and helped make our vision come to life! The gorgeous scenery, delicious food, and the ability to customize wine offerings through the Vineyards Wine Shoppe makes River Landing the best location for a wedding in NC! There were a couple hiccups, which is to be expected, but they were quickly corrected and handled in a professional manner. The hotel, however, where most of our guests stayed was not the best. They really tried to make the experience wonderful, but unfortunately there is a lack of communication among the staff and a lack of training which led to many headaches for this bride. You can't beat the proximity to River Landing, I just hope they get their act together at the Holiday Inn so that a River Landing wedding is nothing short of a fairy tale!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Erin · Married on 04/29/2016

4.2

If I had worked with Jenna McLellon the entire time I would have given 5.0 on all categories. Jenna was extremely professional and attentive. She did everything she could to make our day perfect, and it was! She was available nearly immediately at all times of day and night to answer questions and calm anxieties. She met with us on a number of occasions in order for us to check and recheck different things at the Lodge. She ran the rehearsal for us, and made sure the ceremony went smoothly. Every conversation and meeting with her, as well as the rehearsal and ceremony, she made us feel that we were the only couple she was working with.
    Prior to working with Jenna we were on the verge of changing venues. All of the bartenders, servers during the ceremony and reception, the hotel staff, and the Mad Boar manager and staff were wonderful. They all made us feel welcome and comfortable. They quickly and professionally took care of our guests always with a smile and a kind word. Each staff member while we were there for our event was amazing!
    We had pushed our wedding date back, which was the beginning of the trouble. Our wedding was cancelled instead to rescheduled, the suite and cottage that we reserved with the new date were rented out under us because the person who was supposed to reserve the rooms had left the company apparently in the middle of the process. We worked with 6 people between the venue and hotel, 4 of whom left the venue between our booking and our wedding. When Jenna took over our event everything went smoother. Zoe at the hotel was very helpful and worked with Jenna to make our experience a good one, unfortunately Zoe left before our wedding too. But she had made sure to have all our reservations taken care of. I wish we had met Jenna once we booked the venue.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Brittany & David · Married on 08/31/2014

4.2

River Landing is absolutely gorgeous! As far as the venue I have no complaints. It was the perfect venue for what I had pictured. I do feel like the staff could have been better with communication and helping the bride feel more prepared. Even up to my wedding day I felt lost. I didn't know what time someone from the venue would be meeting with us, none of the details with set up had been discussed in great detail, and we had to keep asking questions that we should have already had answers to. For example, I was told we would have golf cart access; yet we had to track someone down to see if we could get one because there weren't any put aside for us. Then my wedding coordinator didn't show up the day of the wedding. I found out right before that someone else was going to be filling in for her. However, the girl that was put in my coordinators place was great. The staff working our wedding was great. The food was amazing as always! My guest couldn't stop talking about how great everything tasted. I wish we would have had the same experience with the cake. Our wedding cake was leaning and the wrong color. I can't say that I was too surprised because it was almost impossible to get in touch with the baker. There were several unanswered emails and phone calls not returned. All in all I'm still happy I chose River Landing. I would just suggest staying on top of everything from beginning to end to make sure that come your wedding day there are no surprises and you can enjoy your day stress free.

Sent on 09/29/2014