River Club of Mequon Reviews

17 | Thiensville, WI

17 Reviews for River Club of Mequon

ashraf · Married on 06/30/2018

Where do I begin? The River Club of Meqoun is a hidden gem among the areas wedding venues. If you live in Milwaukee country and you need a wedding venue, don't waste your time downtown, come to the River Club and you will be more the satisfied. My wife and I recently had our wedding there, and from beginning to end the experience was stress free. This was in part thanks to Rob and Sarah who went above and beyond what was expected of them to serve us. Any request we had they fulfileld, any last minute adjustments we needed they took care of no questions asked, these people took customer service to a whole new level.

Besides the customer service the venue itself is straight out of a movie. The beautiful gold course, the classy, yet modern style of the wedding hall, and the decor just really make you feel like you are in a high class establishment. The food and drinks were to die for. Every fish, chicken, and veggie plate we ordered was cooked to perfections, my mother who is the pickiest eater of all time and seriously hates everything devoured her food and my dads as well!

I highly recommend this venue it is the best bang for your buck!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Stephen & Lynette · Married on 12/02/2017

We had our wedding reception for family and out of town guests on 12/2/17. Mikayla Dhein and her staff were absolutely wonderful to work with, both in the planning phase and at the event itself. As an older couple planning and hosting our entire wedding and reception by ourselves, we so impressed and relieved at how well Mikayla translated our wishes into a well-executed and worry-free event. The staff was very flexible in adapting both the venue and the food offerings to our desires. The Christmas decorations were beautifully integrated with our wedding theme. We were totally free to enjoy our special evening without worry. Great job, River Club!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Mary · Married on 05/06/2017

We hosted our daughters wedding at the River Club of Mequon. I can honesty say that it was a beautiful event. There was not one thing I would change about the day. The staff were so attentive, the service was amazing, the venue is so beautiful and the food was excellent. Everything went just as planned. We had so many of our guests tell us it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended and the food and venue were just amazing. Kudos to Larry. Mikayla and all the staff!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Ashley · Married on 12/18/2015

Larry Kreiner, the events coordinator, gave us an amazing experience and we could not have been happier with our wedding. Everything was organized, well planned, and went off without a hitch. Larry and his team are very accommodating and flexible, ensuring that our wedding was a top priority. Our guests were in awe with how beautiful the venue is, as well as the gourmet dinner selections. Our only compliant is with the A/V associate, as we could not play our slideshow with audio based on not having the proper equipment. We can assure you that Larry will manage every detail and make your day seamless and beautiful!

Sent on 12/22/2015
  • David

David · Married on 10/04/2015

Loved the wedding event!

I attended a friends wedding at River Club. The scenery was so beautiful! We had a buffet style supper which was organized really well and the food was great. I would recommend booking a wedding in the fall because of the color of the golf course!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Sheri · Married on 09/18/2015

Perfect...Elegant...Beautiful!!! Those are some of the words we heard at our daughter's wedding!! We absolutely would recommend the River Club of Mequon to all brides-to-be, you truly won't be disappointed!!

From the beginning planning stages to the end, Larry Kreiner, River Club of Mequon's Wedding Coordinator, was wonderful!! Together, he was courteous, professional and personable, making it so easy and enjoyable to plan our daughter's big event and to enjoy it!!. I personally felt that he went above and beyond for our daughter's wedding, and we will never forget that!!

The staff was also wonderful and very attentive, the food was delicious:):), and the venue was absolutely stunning!!

In the evening, the lighting, both inside and out, was so visually pleasing, that you were truly amazed! The outdoor music that was being played was also warm and inviting, allowing an additional area for our guests to relax and unwind, aside from the dancing.

One more note:) the appetizers and the late evening snacks were not only delicious, but a great hit with all of the wedding guests!! Well worth it!!

Thank you River Club of Mequon...we would highly recommend you to everyone!! And definitely, you won't be disappointed with Larry's excellent attitude and attention to detail!! Thank you Larry!! You are a blessing!!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Talisa · Married on 10/04/2014

couldn't of picked a better place to get married! Beautiful sight and wonderful staff

Sent on 12/04/2014

Loved it! Great job by Larry and staff at River Club. Food was excellent and guests all really enjoyed themselves. Beautiful venue,

Sent on 10/31/2013

Tiffany · Married on 10/05/2013

Words cannot describe how much I loved my reception. The venue is externally professional and beautiful! Thanks for being a part of making my day Perfect!!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Sarah · Married on 08/24/2013

My reception at River Club was perfect. One of the biggest selling points for this venue for us was the wedding director, Larry. He is amazing to work with. Unlike other venues, you have one point of contact throughout the process. Larry is pleasant to work with, extremely professional, and very responsive. He has an eye for detail and made the hall look beautiful. When I walked into the room for the first time, it took my breath away. It was better than I could have imagined.

The night of the event we could not have asked for a better crew. They were professional and attentive. The manager running the event (Stephanie) checked in with me several times throughout the night to ensure everything met my expectations. She was amazing.

We also received so many compliments on the food from all of our guests.

The amenities available at River Club are outstanding. We took pictures outside on the golf course and they allowed us to use the golf carts to drive out on the course to find the perfect spot. The hall itself is extremely impressive. The lighting they have adds so much character to the room. You can pick out a specific color that matches with your wedding colors. You can also change the color throughout the night, which is really neat. They also were able to play a slide show during the evening on all of the TVs in the hall (thanks to the great AV guy!). We had our own secure bridal suite to store all of our personal belongings. They also have an amazing outdoor deck that overlooks the course. We had a cocktail hour out on the patio and we received so many compliments on how beautiful it was out there.

The entire night exceeded my expectations and I would not hesitate to recommend this venue.

Sent on 01/19/2014

I have nothing bad to say about the Club! Larry did a wonderful job and took very good care of us from when we walked to book with him to ending the reception. Loved IT!

Sent on 09/14/2013
  • hetzelem

Erin · Married on 05/28/2011

I just got married last Friday, May 28th 2011 and I could NOT have asked for a better reception site! If you have not seen this place, go see it -- the scenery alone calls for a great reception site!
    Larry, the Wedding director, took care of us from the day we signed the contract with them, March 2010, to the day we got married. For the entire year he made sure to take care of us well!
    The days before the wedding Larry was very pleasant as we came over to drop things off asking us how we could help. As any bride should know, the days before a wedding seem to be the most hectic as you are trying to get everything together. Larry definitely took care of us!
    For the day of the wedding, Larry and his crew were amazing. They set everything up perfectly, and his staff was extremely curteous and responsive. After the reception, they were kind enough to put all of our things AND gifts in our cars. Our parents were very pleased as no one wants to put things in their car at the end of a long night.
    As for the food, the most important part, we had the Proscuitto Chicken and Filet Mignon and Shrimp Duet. People came up to us after dinner and said, "The food was the best reception food I have ever had!" For 200 plated entrees, they did a phenomenal job!
    Thank you Larry and crew -- your factility is GORGEOUS and the service was AMAZING!

Sent on 05/31/2011

Kim · Married on 09/10/2011

Mequon Country Club is a beautiful location, and when you rent the ballroom, you essentially get the whole place to yourselves. It's a great layout, with a cocktail area at one end the dance floor on the other, which works well for older relatives and friends that don't want to be right by the music.

The food was delicious--we couldn't go wrong no matter what we chose.

Half the reason we chose MCC for our reception was because of the coordinator, Larry Kreiner. He is so on top of his game and makes you feel like your event is at the top of his priority list. He kept me on track of all the details and was very accessible by both phone and e-mail. He definitely made us feel like we were taken care of and our wedding was a fun success!

Sent on 09/27/2011
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 08/14/2010

My husban and I had our dream wedding at the MCC! Larry Kreiner, the event sales director, is absolutely amazing at his job and really takes the time to make sure everything is perfect for your big day! The room was set up to perfection, the food was hot and staff was very accomodating to our guests. Our best man even got a second steak. They were very friendly and extremely easy to work with.

The onyl problem we had during the reception, was a toilet got clogged in the ladies bathroom and none of the staff seemed to know how to fix it. My aunt tracked down the general manager and the problem was immediately fixed.

Our dream wedding really came true due to the expertise of Larry! I would strongly suggest this venue to any bride and groom looking to have a beautiful wedding in the North Shore!

Sent on 09/02/2010

Sara · Married on 10/11/2014

3.5
      3.0

It is prudent to note that I am the type of person that ALWAYS leaves a review–positive and/or negative. I feel it is extremely important to note when something/someone excels and exceeds expectations and also when something/someone severely disappoints – and everything in between. I feel even more compelled to do so when such a large investment is in place as with a wedding/reception (one-shot once-in-a-lifetime event) and to make sure other brides do not have to go through what I did. Here is our limited feedback from our wedding experience at the RCM on 10/11/14 (and all of this was provided to the venue in order to get any sort of an apology prior to leaving a review):
    Pros:
    Our wedding was BEAUTIFUL aesthetically.; Larry, the event sales director, was one word: classy.;The food tasting experience was out of this world; the professionalism, taste and vibe to our tasting was phenomenal-all hosted by Patti.; The bridal suite for the women is extremely comfortable and convenient; Venue was extremely clean.
    Cons:
    The kids meals did not go as paid for;The meal service did not go smoothly-my father, brother-in-law & 4 children did not receive their entrees until after others were given cake;The bars (3) were not staffed (and staff making comments about not wanting to be there) as paid for with guests waiting with no drinks especially during open bar hours; it took almost 20 minutes to get a broken glass cleaned off of the dance floor (unfortunately,it happened)-staff was hard to come by;we simply requested corks to be saved from the night of for a memento craft project-still no corks; The staff did not replenish my floral centerpieces with water, as requested;hall was only set up for 20 (not 21 as planned); staff not showing up for planning meetings; event manager's "too good" attitude; our top tier of wedding cake was smashed in and destroyed. A beautiful venue can only go so far...

Sent on 10/28/2014

Samuel · Married on 09/21/2018

0.4
      0.5

I'm not sure you could ruin a wedding day more if you tried. One of the worst run facilities I have ever been to. Sarah, Rob and Cindy are the most worthless and incompetent people I have ever met. Would not recommend holding your wedding here. The staff was so bad on our wedding day that we ended up getting a refund. We had 3 different event coordinators in 9 months and none of them wrote down the details of our wedding day, so when the day came they missed on everything we discussed. They were short staffed for our wedding, so food wasn't served on time and everything was behind schedule. When complaining to the General manager, she put her hands on my father and I and told us to stop complaining or she would call the cops... even though she put her hands on us and venue was behind and couldn't get our cake served, bar restocked, coffee refilled and buffet refilled with food. That is just a few of the 29 issues we experienced on our wedding day. Needless to say they ruined our wedding day, never want to step back on the property of this course again.

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/21/2018

0.4
      0.5

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig, the venue is beautiful but the staff is awful. They ruined my husbands and I wedding day by not getting anything correct and falling behind the whole night. Wish I never held my wedding here. Could have spent half the money and had a better day at a better run venue.

Sent on 10/14/2018