Risher Van Horn Florist Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Harley
    Harley P. Getting married on 06/10/2022

Truly Amazing!

Joan and the Risher team without a doubt exceeded my expectations! The flowers were stunning! Joan really took my visions and put them into reality! Highly recommend to all brides! Everything I ever dreamed of!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Harley! Your choices looked beautiful at The Foundry. I'm so happy we could be a part of your wedding. Even the weather cooperated at the last minute. Best wishes to you and Ryan! Joan
    Maddie Married on 05/06/2022

Perfection.

Risher Van Horn simply did an amazing job with the flowers for our wedding. We were so impressed with their work, and attention to detail. Working with Joan was easy and stress free. I trusted her completely to design my bridal bouquet after sending her wedding pinterest boards and she did an outstanding job. She was completely flexible with our rain plan (that we unfortunately had to use) and made the ceremony beautiful. Joan never said no to anything I asked and worked with our budget. Risher Van Horn has now done my sister's wedding and mine and I would recommend her and her team to everyone.
  • Jane
    Jane F. Married on 03/26/2022

Beautiful arrangements

Risher Van Horn did a beautiful job with our floral arrangements and decorating our home for our wedding party. Many of our guests commented on the flowers. We had to postpone the date once and they were accomodating with these changes.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Jane, thanks so much for your review. It was a pleasure working with you for both events. I'm so happy everything worked out like it did.
    Devin M. Married on 03/26/2022

beautiful flowers for our wedding!

Joan was SO great to work with for our wedding!!! The floral arrangements were exactly what we were imagining for our dream wedding. She did not disappoint and we will continue to use and recommend Risher for floral arrangements!!!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Devin! It was a pleasure working with you and Kevin. All of your ideas came together beautifully. I was so happy to be part of your day.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer R. Married on 03/19/2022

Gorgeous Arrangements

From the beginning of the process of discussing floral arrangements, Risher Vanhorn made the process so easy. The sample arrangements online were gorgeous and there was such variety. Just with a few discussions the team was able to capture what we hoped for in our flowers to keep it simple, but also beautiful. The floral arrangements on the tables were so simple and natural, which accentuated the beauty of the venue. The colors popped beautifully next to the bridesmaid dresses and look amazing in the photos.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Jenn! We love working at Barn on Bridge and your flower choices were perfect for the venue and season. Everything was beautiful and working with you was a joy. I wish you all the best! Joan
    Carrie P. Married on 12/11/2021

Best COVID wedding experience

Rusher van Horn was amazing. They were able to decipher what I was babbling about when I told them I wanted white and green, it’s like they were in my head. Joan was able to pivot when we decided to have a quiet mini ceremony during 2020, as we had to delay the big party. So, we used Risher van Horn twice in the last year for major life events. Joan was always responsive, understanding and flexible. We loved every second dealing with her. The bouquets, flowers, centerpieces, everything was beautiful! Thank you so much for everything!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Carrie! I really did loved working with you! I feel like we're family now. Everything you chose worked beautifully and we were especially happy with the garland and candle tablescapes at The Pomme. What a great experience for us! Thanks for letting us be part of all of it.
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 12/03/2021

Absolutely Wonderful!

We just got married 12/3/21 and I couldnt have had a better florist experience. Joan was wonderful to work with! Incredibly professional and extremely accomodating! All of the floral arrangements for the event were beyond perfect and exactly what I had envisioned. Joan was easy to work with and responded quickly! Overall I am so happy with how everything looked! Absolutely beautiful!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Samantha, you looked so beautiful and incredibly happy on your wedding day! It was a pleasure to be around you. The white and green bouquets were perfect with the girls' green dresses. It seemed like a perfect day for everyone. Joan
    Kiersten R. Married on 11/30/2021

Amazing Job!

Joan was one of the easiest, best vendors to work with during my wedding planning. As everyone knows, it can be extremely stressful and overwhelming but she made my floral arrangement planning fun and easy. I went in with pictures and a vision and Joan made that happen! She responded so quickly to all of my questions and ideas. The center pieces and everything she did was beautiful the day of our wedding. Her price was also very reasonable! Would highly recommend for future brides and wedding planning!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Kiersten, thank YOU for being so easy to work with! It was a pleasure working with your all white theme and we were so happy with the overall look. Curtis Arboretum was the perfect venue for all your ideas. The perfect day for a beautiful wedding. So happy to be part of it. All the best, Joan.
  • Anny
    Anny R. Married on 11/27/2021

Flowers were perfect!

I provided them with a picture of the bouquet I was hoping to get. Despite the bouquet example provided being artificial flowers, Joan brought my vision to life and the flowers looked even more beautiful than I expected. The flowers matched perfectly with the fall theme I was hoping for. Joan was also very flexible given that I was not local and responded quickly to all of my emails. I recommend 100%!!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Anny! It was a pleasure making your bouquet and the colors you choose were amazing for fall. We agree that fresh flowers look even more beautiful than the artificial ones. Thanks for including us in your day!
    All the best!
  • Emily-Ann
    Emily-Ann M. Married on 11/06/2021

Beautiful flowers and expertise for a fair price

Joan offered guidance and expertise which was greatly appreciated because flowers were an area of the wedding planning process that I felt extremely unconfident in. Joan was patient, met with me in person, and showed me different ideas that helped me form a vision and then she brought that vision to life. My favorite part of my wedding day was sitting at the sweetheart table and looking out at the tables and the center pieces and all the little details put together. I think the flowers played a major role in our decor. They added freshness, vibrancy, and that rustic feel we were looking for. We were extremely pleased with the outcome and working with Joan. Once we have our professional photos back, I will definitely add them to this review for everyone to see!!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Emily! We can't wait to see the professional photos! Everything came together so beautifully with all of your personal touches. I am so happy we could be part of your day. Your choices made the Barn on Bridge even more special. All the best!
    Roz D. Married on 10/23/2021

Beautiful flowers for our Fall wedding!

We loved working with Risher Van Horn to come up with a floral concept for our very last minute wedding. The flowers were gorgeous and exactly what we wanted. It was so easy to work with Joan. She offered great suggestions and worked within our taste and budget. We were blown away by the vibrancy of the arrangements and the bouquet was stunning. Highly recommend!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

We couldn't ask for a better event! Awesome couple, beautiful flower choices and so close. Your fall wedding in Evansburg Park was beautiful and we are thrilled with the photos. Best wishes for many happy years! Joan
    Alyssa C. Married on 10/16/2021

Beautiful work!

Joan was incredible to work with! I brought photo inspiration when I met with her, and she put flowers and greenery together from her greenhouse in person until we achieved the look envisioned! I was so confident before our wedding day knowing we took that time to make sure the look was what we wanted. She called me the week of the wedding to go over where everything needed to be delivered which put my mind at ease. Everything held up beautifully throughout the whole day, too!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Rivercrest looked so beautiful with your choice of centerpieces. We love the photos and being part of your day. The colors were perfect for the season. Thanks for making our job easier. Joan
    Leann S. Married on 10/02/2021

Wedding flowers 10/2/21

Joan and her team did such a fantastic job preparing our wedding flowers! My husband and I were so impressed with the beauty of the flowers and colors that accented the dresses and fall colors of the day! She was soo flexible and caring during all of our chats and executed our vision so smoothly! I high recommend Joan and her team for any newly engaged couple for their wedding florals!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Leann, thank you so much for your awesome review. We loved the bright orange for fall! You were a pleasure to work with and I'm so happy we could be part of your day. All the best!
    Molly V. Married on 09/25/2021

Beautiful Floral Arrangements

Joan was such a pleasure to work with. She understood exactly what I envisioned and nailed the execution. All the roses and greenery turned out beautifully. I highly recommend working with Risher Van Horn and their amazing team.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Molly! Your white and blush theme was beautiful with the girls' green dresses. I'm so happy with the way it all came together. Your vision was perfect! Joan
    Lindsay L. Married on 09/17/2021

Great experience

They were wonderful with suggestions and everything turned out beautiful. They set everything up and got it made it look better than I expected.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Lindsay, thank you so much! Your white and green theme was perfect for Philander Chase Knox Estate. Very romantic and beautiful! Joan
  • Emily
    Emily R. Married on 09/11/2021

Amazing experience!

My family has ordered flowers from Risher Van Horn for as long as I can remember. When visiting my grandmother, I provide an idea, price point and Joan never disappoints. When deciding a florist for my wedding, Risher Van Horn was of course the first I reached out to. While I did explore other florists for price comparison, etc. no one compared. Joan met with me personally to discuss price point and vision. She answered every email in a timely fashion, made additions to my order as requested (several times - thank you!) and even agreed to change the delivery time just days before the wedding when my timeline changed! Can't wait to order again.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Emily, I just realized I didn't respond to your review, my apologies. What a pleasure it was working with you! It is always so nice to work with a family we've gotten to know over the years. I wish you all the best and look forward to many years of providing flowers for you and your family. Joan
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 07/16/2021

Risher Van Horn is the Best

I was lucky enough to work with Joan at Risher Van Horn on two different occasions because my wedding was amid the pandemic.

My husband and I still got married last summer, even though we could not hold our reception and Joan was able to bring my vision to life by attaching rose buds and roses to an old family prayer book which has become a tradition to carry down the aisle in my family. It turned out so beautiful!

Next, when I was planning my large wedding reception, Joan helped me to find beautiful flowers that were still within my budget. She offered wonderful suggestions and gave her professional advice which I really appreciated. I was able to see Joan's incredible creations come to life this past weekend at my large wedding reception. They were everything I was expecting and more. I received so many compliments on the bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and the fresh flowers on my cake. If you are looking for a kind and talented florist who will be willing to work with your budget, but still make your arrangements look like a million bucks, go to Risher Van Horn!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Megan! I'm so happy I could be part of all your wedding planning. It was an honor to decorate your family's prayer book and then the reception. What a wonderful experience it's been from start to finish! Best wishes to you! Joan
    Alyssa Married on 07/10/2021

Blown Away by Their Work!

After a bad experience with another florist, I'm so glad I was able to work with Risher Van Horn for our wedding flowers. Joan was an absolute pleasure to work with, very responsive, and did a phenomenal job. I was blown away when I saw the beautiful arrangements on the day of the wedding. Everything was exactly as I had envisioned and perfect! After only a couple of meetings and sharing some pictures, Joan nailed it and 100% captured my vision. She even was able to easily accommodate a piece of my grandmother's jewelry and small glass butterfly from my mother into my bouquet to make it even more special. Thank you so much Joan and Risher Van Horn!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Alyssa. Your choices of the jewel toned pinks and purple were beautiful at Rivercrest. It was a pleasure to be part of your wedding and working with you on the details. Your personal touches made the flowers even more special. ~Joan
    Samantha S. Married on 07/02/2021

Best wedding florals!

I would highly recommend selecting Risher Van Horn for your wedding florals. Joan and her team were great to work with and always quick to get back to us during the planning process. Everything exceeded our expectations - the florals at our wedding were better than I ever imagined. Everything was so beautiful, I still find myself staring at pictures of the arrangements and bouquets. 10/10 would work with them again!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Samantha, we are in love with your pictures, too! The flowers and colors you chose were beautiful and we are so happy we could be part of your wedding day. Terrain was the perfect venue for your summer wedding. I wish you all the best! Joan
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca J. Married on 05/30/2021

Best Rated Florist

For my wedding, I started with researching the best rated florist in the area of my venue. Risher Van Horn did not disappoint. From our first consultation, Joan was able to see my vision and put together the most beautiful assortment of flowers. My heart was set on everything being perfect and I reminded myself that with the cost, you are paying for quality and experience. They delivered the most beautiful display for our wedding, and everything was perfect, just the way I wanted!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Thank you Rebecca! Everything you chose came together so beautifully. Perfect for a spring wedding at the Barn on Bridge. We were thrilled with the results and your photos are gorgeous! I wish you all the best! Joan
  • Ashley
    Ashley L. Married on 05/17/2021

Absolutely wonderful!

Joan was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was patient, friendly, and helped brainstorm with me several times to create my wedding floral look. I was VERY impressed with all the bouquets and boutonnières, and am still absolutely obsessed with my bridal bouquet.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Ashley, I can't think of a better event to have on a beautiful Monday in May! We are so happy to be part of your day. Your choices were beautiful and it was a pleasure working with you. Thanks for your kind words!
  • Jackie
    Jackie P. Married on 03/06/2021

Beautiful work and amazing service!

Joan was extremely helpful and the flowers were beyond my expectations! Having to find a new florist less than 4 weeks out from my wedding was so stressful but Joan and Risher Van Horn were so easy and great to work with! 100x would recommend!

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Jackie, we were so happy you asked us to be your florist. You were great to work with and your choices were beautiful. Thank you for letting us be part of your day. Joan
    Megan R. Married on 02/03/2021

Megan and Michael

We loved working with this florist for our wedding this month. Joan, the owner, met with us prior to the event. She was on time and attentive and understood exactly what we had as a vision. She was able to give us recommendations as my husband and I don't have a lot of knowledge about flowers. The bouquets and arrangements looked perfect and matched our wedding colors so well. They matched our bridesmaids dresses perfectly. My all white bridal bouquet was great quality and is still displayed in my home a week later. We definitely recommend them for weddings and other events.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Megan and Michael, what a beautiful wedding! Everything came together so nicely and it was a pleasure working with both of you. I can't believe how calm you were through the whole thing. I knew you two are meant to be with each other when I saw how well you work together. Much love and happiness to you!
    Chelsey F. Married on 11/14/2020

The most beautiful work

Joan / Risher van Horn did absolutely breathtaking work for the wedding. The girls were all obsessed with their bouquets- including me! I couldn’t part with my bridal bouquet so immediately found someone to press and preserve it. Also Joan did the most amazing setup of the reception area with both her flowers and items and some family items that I dropped off. Booking and describing my vision was super easy, and Joan was amazingly respectful of my budget. Also, she made the most beautiful arrangement for an order my mom placed for the hotel suite. Risher van Horn was truly the best and am so grateful for their part that made the wedding perfect.

Risher Van Horn Florist's reply:

Chelsey, I am so happy to hear how much you loved your flowers! Your mom's candles added a nice, warm and cozy feel to the reception area and made it feel more personal. The Audubon Bird Sanctuary is already beautiful, your wedding made it even better. Thanks for letting us be part of it. All the best, Joan.