RipTide Productions Reviews

32 | Lexington, KY

32 Reviews for RipTide Productions

• Brooke

Brooke J. · Married on 03/08/2021

If we could do our wedding over, we would choose Riptide Productions every time!

I cannot thank Matt and all of the Riptide Productions team members enough for giving us a stress free, wonderful wedding experience! We were worried about choosing the music for our wedding and reception, but through consulting with Matt and filling out their detailed questionnaire, we were able to figure out and communicate exactly what we wanted. The ceremony music was done perfectly. Matt facilitated all of the events of our reception with ease and finesse, and he really kept the energy up and the party going. We chose Riptide Productions because of the clear, responsive communication between us and the team members, and we could not be happier.

Sent on 03/08/2021

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Brooke! All of us at Riptide Productions cannot thank you enough for having us. You both are an amazing couple, and we are so fortunate to have met you all. You both will do wonderful things in this life. We wish you all the best in your new lives together. Thank you again for choosing us to be a part of your one special day. Cheers!

Stephanie M. · Married on 12/12/2020

Great time by all!

We had a great experience with RipTide productions and Matt. Our special day was perfect despite COVID. Matt kept the crowd going and energized. Great experience and would recommend RipTide Productions!!

Sent on 02/17/2021

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Stephanie! I cannot thank you enough for having us on your special day. You both were so much fun and we had a blast at the reception. We wish you both all of the success in the world together. Cheers!

Ashley W. · Married on 11/14/2020

Fabulous DJ!! Killed it at our wedding!

Riptide DJs were fantastic; they were extremely reasonable in pricing considering all the “extras” that came with our package. The video screen setup for our photo slideshow was perfect, people truly enjoyed it; they also provided party lighting around the room of our reception with really made a huge difference in terms of mood & quality of photos. The music selections were awesome; our group danced all night & loved the playlist — I’ve heard from a LOT of guests how fun the music was! We can’t THANK YOU enough for everything, you guys were perfect.

Sent on 01/05/2021

RipTide Productions's reply:

Ashley, you rock! I seriously can't thank you enough for your kind words! We are humbled and wish you all of the best! Your entire family and friend's crew were the best. We had soooo much fun! Thanks for sharing some great pictures!

Grant P. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great DJ, Great Experience

Matt did a fantastic job as our wedding DJ! He took a ton of time before the wedding to work through a detailed list of questions he had for us and he delivered on everything. The lighting he had for the dance party was fantastic and worth the upgrade. I would highly recommend Matt and Riptide Productions.

Sent on 11/23/2020

Grant,
    I can't thank you all enough for the kind words. I really appreciate that. We had a blast with you all! I wish you both the best in your future endeavors together. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Samantha F. · Married on 09/26/2020

Wonderful!!!

Matt at RipTide Productions was AMAZING! He was very responsive during preparation for our wedding and was open to any of our recommendations! He made our reception so fun! Would most definitely recommend!

Sent on 11/30/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Samantha! We cannot thank you enough for having us. You all had a wonderful wedding and we wish you all the best in your new lives together! Cheers!

Corey C. · Married on 09/19/2020

Above and beyond

Matt was incredibly prompt, professional, flexible, and goes out of his way to ensure everything goes as smoothly as it possibly can. I would recommend him for 100% of events. -Corey

Sent on 12/02/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Corey!! We wish you both the best in everything you do. We had a blast with you all at the beautiful Thoroughbred Center. The Karaoke was so much fun! You have a wonderful family and friends. Thanks again for having us!
  • Nikki

Nikki S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Top notch dj service

Matt and his crew are TOP notch! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was quick to respond which is something I didn't know I NEEDED in a wedding vendor until COVID hit and some vendors didn't respond for weeks. But not Matt! He is extremely responsive and was diligent in making sure he provided the best experience for you and your guests. Matt and my groom held secret meetings so they could plan a surprise gift (my groom serenading me into our first dance) and it was executed flawlessly! Matt provided amp hookups for the surprise and also a keyboard for our pianist to play during the ceremony, as well as all the sound system for our officiant. Our wedding was almost a month ago and we are still receiving compliments for the service he provided, as he caters to all populations! Our reception ended at midnight, yet we still had a crowd of guests begging him to continue DJing into the night (or at least until we had to leave the venue). We HIGHLY recommend Riptide Productions for your event, you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/01/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Nikki, you are far too kind. Thank you. Words cannot express our gratitude to you all for having us. We had the time of our lives at your reception and are still overjoyed with the fun we had. Thank you for choosing us. Thank you for your amazing review. Thank you for being such a kind and compassionate human being. We wish you and Andrew all of the best with everything you two will conquer together in life. Cheers!
  • Ashley

Ashley H. · Married on 09/10/2020

Excellent experience!

Matt and the RipTide Production team were such a pleasure to work with on our special day! Matt was extremely communicative and responsive during the entire wedding planning process and executed every detail perfectly! Thank you again Matt for making our day extra special!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Ashley,
    You all are awesome. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind words. We couldn't have asked for a nicer couple to work with. We wish you all the best!

Amanda B. · Married on 09/05/2020

Amazing experience

Matt and his team did an amazing job! Thank you so much. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/09/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much, Amanda! We had an amazing time and I STILL watch that Partyography I made for you all reliving that awesome day. I wish you two nothing but the best! You all were a pleasure to work with. Cheers!
  • Bill

Bill E. · Married on 07/11/2020

Easiest Vendor

This was the easiest vendor we dealt with for our entire wedding. From the prompt responses, easy to understandable questionnaire, to easy payment methods.

Sent on 12/21/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Bill! We can't thank you enough. It was truly our pleasure. We wish you two all of the best as you take the next step together in life. Cheers!
  • Coffey

Kelsey · Married on 06/20/2020

Everything you need

Matt was an amazing DJ and made our special day go by smooth and without any worry! Throughout the wedding planning process he was very responsive and also had a pre-wedding layout that you can go through and make planning easier! On our wedding day he was absolutely perfect! From our ceremony music to our super fun reception that all our guests keep telling us was the most fun they have had in a long time!
    Thank you for making our day a dream and one heck of a way to remember!!!

Sent on 10/13/2020

RipTide Productions's reply:

Kelsey, we are humbled. Thank you so much for your kind words. We couldn't have asked for a nicer couple. You two are an amazing team and we applaud you!! The whole wedding was gorgeous and we can't thank you enough for having us! Cheers to you all!

Hanna W. · Married on 12/10/2019

Great Service

RipTide Productions with Matt Gwynn was excellent. My advice through planning was get a good DJ they make your wedding. Matt did a excellent job and our wedding was fantastic. I would highly recommend to anyone!

Sent on 10/28/2019

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Hanna! I really appreciate you taking the time to compliment us. I had an absolute blast celebrating with you all. I wish you both the best! Cheers!
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/05/2019

The very best!

My DJ was Dan Miller, with Riptide productions, and man he was great! He uses a live online planner, that made the process soooo easy, any time I wanted to change or add something, I just used the planner, and didn't have to send Dan a thousand messages. Which even if I had, i'm 100% certain he would have responded, cause he answered me any other time I did actually have to contact him. He was very personable with my and my husband as well as interacting with our guests. He helped keep us on time, and communicated with my photographer very well to keep everything running smoothly!

Sent on 10/14/2019

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thanks, Jessica! Dan is an amazing DJ and we can't thank you enough. Your kind words motivate us to excel and continue providing top-notch service. We hope you all have stayed healthy throughout the year. Our apologies for the delayed response. Thanks again! You all rock! Cheers to 100 more years together!

Lauren C. · Married on 08/10/2019

Matt is the best!

Matt was absolutely phenomenal. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! He made sure the entire reception ran smoothly and more importantly, made sure everyone was having a great time. Couldn’t have asked for better!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Lauren,

Thank you so much for the kind words. I can't thank you all enough for having us be a part of your special day. We wish you and Josh all of the best and know you two are going to be amazing.

Sincerely,

Matt
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent DJ experience!!

Matt was absolutely amazing at our wedding. He was so much fun and played great music keeping everyone going all night long. We would recommend Matt and his team to anyone looking to have a outstanding DJ at their event or wedding. Thank you again Matt, you are the best!!
    -Andy & Jamie

Sent on 06/13/2019

Andy and Jamie,

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate that. You have amazing family and friends. Your son is so adorable. I had so much fun with everyone. No joke. I laughed so much that night. The memories are priceless. Thanks again! Keep in touch!

Katie T. · Married on 03/16/2019

Awesome DJ, kept the party going all night!

Matt did an excellent job and kept the party alive all night! He was very thorough when it came to figuring out what we wanted and learning our style before the wedding. His prewedding survey/timeline made the whole day much easier for us and he definitely knew what he was doing. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Marin · Married on 01/19/2019

Truly amazing

Matt did a fantastic job as a DJ at my wedding. It was on a holiday and accommodated me even though it was super last minute as my previous DJ had cancelled on me. His responses were timely and service was excellent. I was so incredibly grateful that he agreed to dj our wedding. Thank you so much Matt! The day wouldn’t have been the same without you. I will appreciate it forever.

Sent on 02/03/2019

Daisy · Married on 01/05/2019

Very friendly and professional

Due to some unforeseen issues, the groomsman who was supposed to be helping with the sound system told us he would not be there about 2 weeks before the wedding. I was lucky to find a DJ last minute. I contacted 2 people and Matt from RipTide Production was a lot more nicer to work with and professional. He responded right away and provided constant follow up before the event date. During the wedding, everything went smoothly. It was a pleasant experience working with Matt.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Jordan A. · Married on 11/17/2018

Lexington KY wedding

Matt was stellar to work with from start to finish. From communication and organization, to providing a great product in a first-class manner! Would recommend Rip Tide Productions for all your needs !

Sent on 12/27/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/11/2018

Awesome! My wedding was so fun because of Matt’s service!

Matt was extremely professional and friendly! I let him take control with song choices in correspondence with the kinds of music I wanted! He did a great job. Everyone told me how fun my wedding was and I think a lot had to do with Matt and how involved he was in making sure everyone had a great time! My ceremony and reception ran so smoothly because of him!

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding DJ

I’m about one year late on this review but Matt did a phenomenal job DJing our Wedding last October. He was super laid back yet very professional. He helped guide the day from the very beginning with the questionnaire he offered and then executed our intentions to a tee. We could have had the party going all night! We also used his photo booth which provided a lot of laughs after he fact while looking through pictures. He made sure we didn’t have to worry about one thing come party time. So glad we chose Riptide!

Sent on 10/01/2019

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! I truly appreciate you taking the time to give me such a kind review. You all were so much fun and I truly wish you both all of the success in the world in your new life together. We can't thank you enough for having us. Cheers!

Lisa · Married on 09/21/2018

Matt is awesome to work with! He kept events throughout the reception on time, which I greatly appreciated. We also had some audio issues with the ceremony setup, and he was able to step in and help for the ceremony. Choice of music was spot on for a good party, and the photo booth was a lot of fun. I received so many compliments about his services throughout the evening.

Sent on 10/05/2018

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you Lisa! You and Tim are amazing. We appreciate everything and thank you for the kind words. We had a blast in Pittsburgh and it's always a great time hanging out with you all!

Paige · Married on 08/31/2018

Bride 07.21.2019

Matt made our wedding and reception one to remember! He had me crying before the ceremony with the beautiful music. He was so eloquent with his words during officiating. Would highly recommend Matt and his team!!!

Sent on 02/11/2019

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Paige for your kind words. It was truly an honor to be there for you all. Beautiful ceremony and a wonderful celebration at the reception. Thank you so much for having me be a part of your special day. Cheers to you both!

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2018

Matt was amazing throughout the entire process. He was easy to contact and quick to reply, organized, listened to our desires and helped us put together an awesome set. He worked to ensure our mics for the ceremony were perfect and the energy in the reception stayed pumping throughout the night. His sound system, lighting, and uplighting were on point for our venue and he did a great job being an entertaining Emcee! Out of all my vendors, Riptide was the easiest to work with and very affordable!

Sent on 09/04/2018

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley for your kind words. I definitely try to be on point with my communication. You two were so much fun and I had an amazing time dancing the night away with you all! Congratulations to you both in your continued success and love for each other!

Amanda · Married on 08/18/2018

We enjoyed Matt’s company at our wedding. He knows how to “liven the party” and keep the night running smooth!

Sent on 09/03/2018

RipTide Productions's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Amanda! I had an amazing time! Ya'll were just awesome to work with. We appreciate you having us and seriously wish you both all of the best in your new life together!