Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK Reviews

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 7
  • Patricia

Patricia Cabaniss · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding DJ

If you are looking for a DJ, look no further! DJ Derek was more than just a DJ. From the moment I spoke to him on the phone the first time I felt extremely comfortable with him. He was very upbeat and positive, just wanting us to have the best experience for our wedding. The music we wanted him to play for us was quite eclectic, and he rose to the challenge! He exceeded our best expectations! The audience loved him. He even tied my son’s tie for prom that night. He’s the best! More than a DJ!❤️

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 8
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 9
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 10
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 11

Patty,
    It was such a fun and rewarding day! After hearing your story and all the things we talked about leading up to your BIG Day...... it was super rewarding to see you and your husband smiling in your wedding day.
    And....your son is one awesome gentleman!!!! Thank you for having us!

Keith &christine Medeiros · Married on 04/13/2019

Christine Medeiros

DJ Derek and his wife Rebecca,
    Are the most Compasionate patient people I had the pleasure to hire for our daughters wedding! The music and DJ talent kept the wedding on schedule and upbeat! Derek has everyone dancing! And enjoying every moment of the evening.

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 12

Keith & Christine,
    Thank You so much! I can still remember sitting at the Open House and talking face to face for the first time all together. What a great time I had being part of your special day with your daughter and now son. You and your family are really great people and I'm so happy to now call FRIENDS! Thank you again for trusting us with your daughter's special day.

Karlie · Married on 04/13/2019

Looking for a DJ? You’ve found him! The best ever.

Planning a wedding shouldn’t be, but often is STRESSFUL. Derik and Rebecca took all the stress away in our last few months leading up to our wedding by taking us out to dinner and ensuring us that everything would be fine. After meeting them only a few times we had absolute trust that they were committed to going out of their way to make sure that not only the music but our whole day went without a hitch. Derik was born to do this and him and his wife are just two people that make this world a better place by just being their amazing, genuine, down to earth selves. Our wedding day was our “best day ever” and we are so thankful to have had Derik as our DJ and now friend.

Sent on 06/12/2019

Karlie,
    You just made my day without a doubt! Reading this, I can see a movie of memories of the wedding day play thru my mind. From the Jersey you got....... to the smile that never left your face....and the little video we made with Austin before we did the intro for you guys into the reception, where we surprised your now husband with the BLACK AND YELLOW song!!!! This is why I / we do weddings. You and your family are so awesome and fun. So fun and inviting with a real zest for life. We are so blessed to have met you guys and call you FRIENDS as well. THANK YOU for trusting us with your special day. We don't take that lightly. Can't wait to see you guys again.....hopefully before football season (haha). Thank you again for the amazing review and everything. Congratulations again Mr. & Mrs Mallory
    Derik & Rebecca

Mariana · Married on 10/25/2018

Simply amazing!

Derik most definitely makes you feel like family from the first day you speak with him. He’s is professional and personable. We gave him a selection of different genres of music and he nailed it! Thank you for being apart of our special day.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Lynda · Married on 10/20/2018

The best!!

Derik was amazing for our daughter’s wedding two weeks ago! I would highly recommend him! He was always available to answer our questions leading up to the wedding and on the big day we knew we were in the best hands! He even came and found us while we were getting ready to assure us that he was there and everything was going to be great! He kept the fun, music and dancing moving along all night! I would highly recommend DJ Derik!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK's reply:

I'm so happy and thrilled to have met you all. We just can't say it enough how great you all are.
  • W

Whitney Dean · Married on 10/13/2018

Most amazing dj ever

DJ Derik of Riptide Entertainment was phenomenal! He had plenty of equipment for the ceremony site, the reception dinner, and dancing! He is so skilled at the music - it was PERFECT during the ceremony! My guests had so much fun dancing all night. Not only is he a great DJ, but over all he is an awesome person. I feel I have known him for years and that we will continue be friends! Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK's reply:

My heart is full and my face is smiling big time. Thank you soooooo much. We are so happy for you both and so honored to have been there for you guys! YES....let's get together soon do we can hear your honeymoon and wedding stories!
    DJ Derik

David Wiseman · Married on 10/04/2018

Best DJ!!!

Choosing good vendors is so hard since you don’t know them. As soon as you meet DJ Derek you instantly get that feel good ready to book feeling. DJ Derek totally made the whole experience amazing! Highly recommend booking this guy! He definitely can get the party going, and knows how to work the crowd like no other DJ!

Sent on 10/27/2018

Kyle · Married on 09/08/2018

Words cannot express how amazing dj derik and Rebecca are.They responsed in a timely manner and had answers to all of our questions and that was before the big day! On the big day because of their experience derik made everything flow so beautifully and kept the party going without skipping a beat. Music really is a big part of a wedding and they did not dissapoint with what was provided. Now that the professional review is out of the way just know that when you hire Riptide entertainment not only are you getting a great Dj but more importantly you are getting great people. They are respectful,kind, caring and you feel like you have had their friendship for years. Do not hesitate or look anywhere else if you are in need of Dj services.Derik and his wife Rebecca are great at what they do while being amazing people.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Chelsea · Married on 08/25/2018

Derik and his wife Rebecca were absolutely amazing! They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed for the big day. They constantly offered to help in anyway they could. DJ Derik is hilarious and is so welcoming and fun. I truly don’t think my wedding would have been as much fun as it was if it wasn’t for them! I highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Lauren · Married on 07/07/2018

Derik and Rebecca were amazing from beginning to end. Derik was so flexible with what songs we wanted played and he kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night!!
    Rebecca was so calm and collected. She ensured everything ran smoothly and was the perfect coordinator for our wedding.
    The two make a perfect pair and we are so grateful to come out the other side with two great friends!!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 06/23/2018

We can honestly say our wedding is one of the best nights of our lives. Thank you is simply not enough. Derik and Rebecca, you two are one incredible team. Not to mention a couple we now consider good friends! The music was perfect and our guests had an amazing time. We received so many compliments; we are positive our guests left the wedding still dancing! We truly thank you for making this day one to never forget. Love you both! -The Nickells

Sent on 07/23/2018
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 13

Kristine · Married on 06/23/2018

Sent on 07/23/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/02/2018

Derik and Rebecca were a pleasure to work with! They were attentive and personable from our very first meeting. They immediately felt like old friends and put our minds at ease every step of the way. Derik went the extra mile to meet special requests in order to make our day extra special and personal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Riptide Entertainment to family and friends or to book another event with them. Thank you so much for everything!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/27/2018

Derik and Rebecca were awesome! There is no better duo that we would have wanted to help make our wedding day perfect. Not only did Derik go above and beyond during our wedding (he played a few extra songs and kept the dance floor open later!), him and Rebecca made sure they had every song we wanted for the wedding as well as all information needed down to every detail. Thank you both!!

Sent on 05/13/2018

Kristina · Married on 04/14/2018

Riptide Entertainment goes above and beyond. The attention to the Bride and Groom is so spectacular. They completely took our wedding up a notch! We couldn’t have asked for better people to surround us on our wedding day! Kept the guests entertained. My husband was not to keen on dancing but DJ Derik made it completely comfortable and would cut the song just in time. Great people and company to have at your wedding. Words cannot describe how great they made us feel. He even let me guess DJ for a song.... but I handed it back to the professional ~ Scott and Kristina Button

Sent on 05/23/2018
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 14
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 15
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 16
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 17

Kayla · Married on 10/21/2017

There is a lot to be said about the dynamic duo that is Derik and Rebecca of Riptide Entertainment, which is partly why it’s taken me so long to write our review for them… I don’t even know where to start. When we first met Derik and Rebecca, it felt like we had known them for ages, they were very friendly, kind, humble, resourceful, and simply put: amazing. I am sure everyone knows how important first impressions are, and we knew instantly that these two were the ones for us. Throughout the process of planning our wedding, my husband and I had been compiling a list of songs that we wanted to play, and of course we needed a few recommendations for some events. Derik went out of his way to help us by emailing us song after song to try to make our overwhelming selection process that much easier. Besides the amazing help we received in the planning aspect of our wedding music, Derik and Rebecca took time out of their busy lives to shoot us a text or give us a call and make sure we were doing ok or if we needed anything…. WHO DOES THAT?! These two!
    Derik delivered a top notch service for our wedding, and I can honestly say that if we had gone with anyone else, I don’t believe it would have been as fantastic of a time as it was. There wasn’t a moment I looked at the dance floor and didn’t see people on it enjoying themselves. I cannot thank Riptide Entertainment for all they did for my husband and I….
    Derik and Rebecca, I hope you both know how truly amazing you are and how thankful Taylor and I were that you were our DJ for our wedding. Your professionalism and your down-to-earth attitudes, on top of your good time vibes made for one hell of a day! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK's reply:

Kayla and Taylor......beyond making our day reading this......we are humbled and so happy....that YOU are happy! We love you guys and can't wait to see what life brings you both. We are just happy to have been part of the BEGINNING of the next chapter in the Weldon family. THANK YOU!

Karl · Married on 10/14/2017

Derrik and Rebecca pulled out all the stops to really make our wedding day special. They were in constant communication with us and helped us pick out and organize our songs for the ceremony, dinner and reception. Derrik is a great Master of ceremonies, and kept the party going throughout the night, and I recommend him highly.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Karl & Katie,
    Thank you....you both are amazing! Beyond being so fun, friendly, funny, amazing,,,,on and on....you both handled the FIRE and wedding stress like CHAMPS. Truly you could teach other couples how to handle wedding stress. We are so happy that you had a great time. It truly was OUR pleasure to be part of your day and to get to be with you, your family, and friends. Nothing but the best to your both in the future. DJ Derik & Rebecca

Justin · Married on 10/08/2017

Derik and Rebecca are one heck of a team. In short...amazing! I remember talking to dozens of DJs for the wedding, because the DJ or MC sets the whole tone for the event. Sitting down and speaking with Derik and Rebecca felt right. Leaving the initial meeting, my wife and I both agreed they were the ones to go with. Hands down, they did not disappoint. They were professional, accommodating, personable, and genuine; most importantly, they cared about our wedding as if it were their own. Every step of the way Derik or Rebecca were there to address our concerns and make the necessary changes to our somewhat sporadic wedding planning. At the wedding, Derik was on point with all of the announcements and schedule. The music was perfectly timed and his MC skills were awesome. Derik even threw in some extra lighting, because he thought the room needed it. Rebecca was just as much so, going the extra mile to help with clean up of some candles we had left burning on a mantle in the ceremony hall, saving us on our deposit/cleaning effort at the end. I guess what I am trying to say is that they go the extra mile for you, to make your event as perfect and/or amazing as it can be. It is hard to find people like Derik and Rebecca, and we were so lucky to have stumbled upon them. My wife and I would recommend them to anyone for any event! Thank you again Derik and Rebecca!!!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Trina · Married on 10/07/2017

There are no words to express how thankful I am for Derik and Rebecca. They helped to make our wedding magical. The communication before, during and after was amazing. Derik's passion for what he is does is undeniable! Riptide Entertainment is a professional class act. Our guests are still raving about how the dancing never ended and they loved it.
    Derik helped my husband express his love for me and his fun playful side as well. Thank you Derik and Rebecca!! I can not recommend Riptide Entertainment enough!! Trina & Geoff Baez

Sent on 10/27/2017

Lisa · Married on 09/30/2017

Derek and his wife Rebecca are an amazing team! They are both professional, friendly and all about making your wedding day stress free, fun, and full of magic. We had quite a few unique requests for our wedding and Derek was able to execute them flawlessly. For example, we had several songs we wanted to play at a certain point in the song at an exact moment in our ceremony and it was perfect. He also kept the party upbeat, tasteful when needed (cocktail hour) and super fun when the later dancing started. Derek also dresses up and even tries to match the colors of the wedding, which was such a nice classy touch. He also works with all the other vendors to keep the whole event moving forward with ease and allowing for the wedding party and guests to enjoy the evening. I highly recommend Riptide Entertainment, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Steve · Married on 08/12/2017

Derik and Rebecca were great and so easy to work with. They are great people, professional and fun to work with. I would highly recommend Riptide Entertainment.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK's reply:

We are so incredibly happy that you and Nikki are happy with your Wedding Day! Your smiles made our day. Enjoy your honeymoon and let the beginning of your next chapter be fabulous! Thank you again for trusting us with your Big Day.

Nikki · Married on 08/12/2017

Easy to work with, overall experience was amazing!

Sent on 09/02/2017

Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK's reply:

We are so incredibly happy that you and Steve are happy with your Wedding Day! Your smiles made our day. Enjoy your honeymoon and let the beginning of your next chapter be fabulous! Thank you again for trusting us with your Big Day.

Kody · Married on 07/29/2017

I have to start by explaining that my new wife and I are not super easy to work with sometimes. Between my procrastination and her trying to plan the wedding she has always dreamed of, we were hard to get a hold of sometimes. DJ Derik and his awesome wife Rebecca were so patient with us and were never pushy, even when we took forever to get any sort of information to them. They constantly reminded us that they are here for us and can help with anything we need.

On our wedding day, we arrived at the reception venue and were greeted by Derik. He calmly and confidently walked us through a basic outline of the next few hours. He made it easy for us to relax and be able to soak in the entire experience. Throughout the evening, both Derik and Rebecca periodically checked in with us to make sure we were okay and see if we need anything. They were genuinely committed to making this a night no one would forget.

I can be easily annoyed by certain personalities, particularly people that are obviously trying WAY too hard to be funny or appear a certain way. Derik's personality with the mic was spot on. He had a perfect balance of keeping it emotional, but also keeping it light with some light comedy. He wasn't over-the-top with his personality, didn't try to "steal" the show, and certainly wasn't annoying. He fed off the entire crowd the entire night, and was just perfect.

I was told that a good or bad DJ will make or break your wedding. We are BEYOND thrilled that we went with DJ Derik. From the initial quote to the end of our wedding night, he was there for us and made sure we were set up to succeed. I will never use another DJ service for any sort of event in the future, and will absolutely be recommending him to everyone looking for a DJ.

Thanks Derik and Rebecca!

Kody & Shannon Thomas

Sent on 12/05/2017
    Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK 18

John Paul · Married on 07/15/2017

so much good to say - very prompt, professional, outstanding! the perfect mix of involvement

Sent on 07/24/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

DJ Derik goes above and beyond! From the moment you book with him he takes interest in you. He was professional and kept our dance floor going all night!!!

Sent on 07/29/2017