33 Reviews for Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK

Microphones (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (2)
33 Riptide Entertainment- DJ DERIK Reviews

There is a lot to be said about the dynamic duo that is Derik and Rebecca of Riptide Entertainment, which is partly why it’s taken me so long to write our review for them… I don’t even know where to start. When we first met Derik and Rebecca, it felt like we had known them for ages, they were very friendly, kind, humble, resourceful, and simply put: amazing. I am sure everyone knows how important first impressions are, and we knew instantly that these two were the ones for us. Throughout the process of planning our wedding, my husband and I had been compiling a list of songs that we wanted to play, and of course we needed a few recommendations for some events. Derik went out of his way to help us by emailing us song after song to try to make our overwhelming selection process that much easier. Besides the amazing help we received in the planning aspect of our wedding music, Derik and Rebecca took time out of their busy lives to shoot us a text or give us a call and make sure we were doing ok or if we needed anything…. WHO DOES THAT?! These two!
Derik delivered a top notch service for our wedding, and I can honestly say that if we had gone with anyone else, I don’t believe it would have been as fantastic of a time as it was. There wasn’t a moment I looked at the dance floor and didn’t see people on it enjoying themselves. I cannot thank Riptide Entertainment for all they did for my husband and I….
Derik and Rebecca, I hope you both know how truly amazing you are and how thankful Taylor and I were that you were our DJ for our wedding. Your professionalism and your down-to-earth attitudes, on top of your good time vibes made for one hell of a day! THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

Profile Picture Kayla, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derrik and Rebecca pulled out all the stops to really make our wedding day special. They were in constant communication with us and helped us pick out and organize our songs for the ceremony, dinner and reception. Derrik is a great Master of ceremonies, and kept the party going throughout the night, and I recommend him highly.

Profile Picture Karl, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derik and Rebecca are one heck of a team. In short...amazing! I remember talking to dozens of DJs for the wedding, because the DJ or MC sets the whole tone for the event. Sitting down and speaking with Derik and Rebecca felt right. Leaving the initial meeting, my wife and I both agreed they were the ones to go with. Hands down, they did not disappoint. They were professional, accommodating, personable, and genuine; most importantly, they cared about our wedding as if it were their own. Every step of the way Derik or Rebecca were there to address our concerns and make the necessary changes to our somewhat sporadic wedding planning. At the wedding, Derik was on point with all of the announcements and schedule. The music was perfectly timed and his MC skills were awesome. Derik even threw in some extra lighting, because he thought the room needed it. Rebecca was just as much so, going the extra mile to help with clean up of some candles we had left burning on a mantle in the ceremony hall, saving us on our deposit/cleaning effort at the end. I guess what I am trying to say is that they go the extra mile for you, to make your event as perfect and/or amazing as it can be. It is hard to find people like Derik and Rebecca, and we were so lucky to have stumbled upon them. My wife and I would recommend them to anyone for any event! Thank you again Derik and Rebecca!!!

Profile Picture Justin, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

There are no words to express how thankful I am for Derik and Rebecca. They helped to make our wedding magical. The communication before, during and after was amazing. Derik's passion for what he is does is undeniable! Riptide Entertainment is a professional class act. Our guests are still raving about how the dancing never ended and they loved it.
Derik helped my husband express his love for me and his fun playful side as well. Thank you Derik and Rebecca!! I can not recommend Riptide Entertainment enough!! Trina & Geoff Baez

Profile Picture Trina, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derek and his wife Rebecca are an amazing team! They are both professional, friendly and all about making your wedding day stress free, fun, and full of magic. We had quite a few unique requests for our wedding and Derek was able to execute them flawlessly. For example, we had several songs we wanted to play at a certain point in the song at an exact moment in our ceremony and it was perfect. He also kept the party upbeat, tasteful when needed (cocktail hour) and super fun when the later dancing started. Derek also dresses up and even tries to match the colors of the wedding, which was such a nice classy touch. He also works with all the other vendors to keep the whole event moving forward with ease and allowing for the wedding party and guests to enjoy the evening. I highly recommend Riptide Entertainment, you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derik and Rebecca were great and so easy to work with. They are great people, professional and fun to work with. I would highly recommend Riptide Entertainment.

Profile Picture Steve, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Easy to work with, overall experience was amazing!

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

I have to start by explaining that my new wife and I are not super easy to work with sometimes. Between my procrastination and her trying to plan the wedding she has always dreamed of, we were hard to get a hold of sometimes. DJ Derik and his awesome wife Rebecca were so patient with us and were never pushy, even when we took forever to get any sort of information to them. They constantly reminded us that they are here for us and can help with anything we need.

On our wedding day, we arrived at the reception venue and were greeted by Derik. He calmly and confidently walked us through a basic outline of the next few hours. He made it easy for us to relax and be able to soak in the entire experience. Throughout the evening, both Derik and Rebecca periodically checked in with us to make sure we were okay and see if we need anything. They were genuinely committed to making this a night no one would forget.

I can be easily annoyed by certain personalities, particularly people that are obviously trying WAY too hard to be funny or appear a certain way. Derik's personality with the mic was spot on. He had a perfect balance of keeping it emotional, but also keeping it light with some light comedy. He wasn't over-the-top with his personality, didn't try to "steal" the show, and certainly wasn't annoying. He fed off the entire crowd the entire night, and was just perfect.

I was told that a good or bad DJ will make or break your wedding. We are BEYOND thrilled that we went with DJ Derik. From the initial quote to the end of our wedding night, he was there for us and made sure we were set up to succeed. I will never use another DJ service for any sort of event in the future, and will absolutely be recommending him to everyone looking for a DJ.

Thanks Derik and Rebecca!

Kody & Shannon Thomas

Profile Picture Kody, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

so much good to say - very prompt, professional, outstanding! the perfect mix of involvement

Profile Picture John Paul, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Derik goes above and beyond! From the moment you book with him he takes interest in you. He was professional and kept our dance floor going all night!!!

Profile Picture Sarah , 7/15/17, 1 Review

Best DJ ever!
We met before the wedding and planned the event and he was extremely helpful before, during and after our wedding.

Profile Picture Teresa , 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derik was amazing and always there asking what we needed, even months before the wedding. Would highly recommend Riptide Entertainment for any/all DJ services!!

Profile Picture Scott, 7/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Derik is AMAZING! We had him DJ our wedding this month and he did a fantastic job! He kept the party going the entire time and everyone had a blast. His music for the ceremony and the dinner was exactly what we wanted and he was able to perfectly blend the country music we love with the dance music we wanted for the reception. He and Rebecca felt like friends through the whole process and were extremely helpful with all kinds of the things on the wedding day. We would HIGHLY recommend his services to anyone who wants to have a great time at their wedding with a super experienced DJ! Thanks again Derik and Rebecca!

Profile Picture Taylor, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Derik and his wife Rebecca are both amazing. They make you feel like family from the first time you talk to them, and by the time it's all over you feel like old friends. Our wedding wouldn't have been nearly as fun without them as our DJ. I would recommend them to any couple looking for a DJ -- we absolutely loved them! They checked in frequently and were always quick to respond. They were always honest, and just all around great people. Couldn't have been better.

Profile Picture Cayla , 5/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Derik was great. Working with him and his wife leading up to our wedding was a pleasure, and he did a perfect job on the big day.

Profile Picture Brian, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

What a fantastic experience! These two are dynamic! Every detail, every aspect of what they do completely surpasses expectations. These people obviously love what they do. Derik and Rebecca are true professionals. From the very first meeting it felt as though our wedding was their first priority. Derik' s ability to read a crowd and get them dancing is a true gift. His patience with my bridezilla tendencies was incredible. From their thoughtful and encouraging text messages to the last song of the night, they were truly the heartbeat of our special day. We couldn't have done it without these two amazing people!

Profile Picture Kimberley, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Derik was amazing. Very professional from the moment I contacted him. He answered every question, accommodated all of my requests and arrived at the venue early to make sure everything was perfect. And did I mention dressed impeccably!!! Right down to his cuff links. He knew exactly what to play to get the crowd going and continued until the party was over. I would HIGHLY recommend him and will DEFINITELY use him for anything in future. DJ Derik is much much more than a DJ, he does it all and in a very professional, charming, classy way.

Profile Picture Mitzi, 3/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Rip Tide entertainment service is beyond anything i have experienced before. They were referred to me by one of their past clients who said there was no one better. I needed their service for a school fundraiser, a Father Daughter dance for our elementary school. I met with Derik and laid out our needs and concerns. We were especially concerned because of the age of the girls and we wanted appropriate music for the age group. We were also concerned with the possibility that the fathers might not be comfortable dancing to their daughters music choices, or dancing at all. In meeting with Derik and Rebecca, i was immediately impressed with their professionalism. They shared with us their many years of experience, over 20 years. After talking through the details, I new they were the ones for us. I booked the event and we began our planning. We had several calls to discuss the logistics of the event. Derik described his equipment, and the list was endless. When he asked us what we wanted or needed, i honestly couldn't answer him. I didn't really know what we needed, since we hadn't planned such an event before. Derik said not to worry, and asked if he could schedule a time to come look at the venue so he could make a proper suggestion. Much to my amazement, Derik drove 90 minutes each way, to come look for himself and didn't even attempt to charge us for the trip. Our event day was upon us. Derik and Rebecca showed up at the committed time and immediately got to work. Between the unbelievable sound and the amazing light show they created, everyone was just amazed. The night could not have been any better. The girls danced constantly and even the dads!! Derik stepped away from his stage and even gave lessons to the dads on how to line dance. The girls just loved it. We cant thank Rip Tide entertainment enough. Derik and Rebecca were just amazing. When many of the girls gave them hugs and several dads gave handshakes, i knew we made the right choice. Thank you!

Profile Picture Summit Charter, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you want your wedding day to be spectacular call Derik and Rebecca right now! From the very first moment my wedding planner gave me their number and said "you are going to love them" I knew it was the perfect fit. They are the nicest and most supportive people I have ever worked with. I was in the process of moving to LA for a new job and planning a wedding at the same time. So as you can imagine life was crazy. Derik and Rebecca were so understanding and would just text me to see how the move went and if they could do anything to help make the wedding planning less stressful. They were incredibly flexible with my ever changing schedule and always made time to talk to me by text, phone and even Skype. Our wedding day went perfectly. I still have guests of the wedding telling me how great the music was and how much fun they had dancing. Even those in my family who rarely dance hit the irresistible dance floor. Derik and Rebecca treated our wedding day with as much care, passion, and excitement as I imagine they would their own wedding. They truly care about your happiness and the success of your wedding. Give them a call and I promise they will exceed your expectations.

We love you guys!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Sorry, this is my first review I have written, but I needed to make sure other people were able to get the amazing service my wife and I got from Derek. Everything was extremely fun, but also moved smoothly throughout the night. All of my immediate family have never been to a wedding before, so I'm glad we had Derek, 'cause he set the standard high.
Thanks again Derek!

Profile Picture Jason, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would definitely recommend DJ Derik and Rebecca. They treat you like family and help you along the way. They even go out of their way to check in with you and give you advice, not only in regards to your music but also just about your wedding day in general. They were there to calm my nerves and I really appreciate them!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were truly blessed to have had DJ Derik and his wife Rebecca be a part of our special day. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience with them. From the initial contact, they were easy to talk to, responsive, and flexible. They made us feel comfortable, like they were family; which helped set the stage for the wedding. Riptide Entertainment exceeded my expectations and they represent the highest standards of professionalism, quality, and compassion for what they do.

Riptide entertainment fully executed what we envisioned and provided feedback to set the tone and environment of the wedding. They do what they do best, and that's telling a story of love through music. Everything was absolutely perfect.

They are like family... And we definitely felt the love from them that night.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Derik and Rebecca with Riptide Entertainment were absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with!! The first time we met it felt like we had known them for years-they are easy going and fun to talk too but incredibly professional at the same time. We hired them 8 months before our wedding but even after hiring them they were constantly checking in on us, asking how wedding planning was going and if they could help in any way. Rebecca even helped me get some leads on other vendors. The week of the wedding, DJ Derik called us to make sure everything was set and even gave me his cell number so I could text him with any last minute changes or questions. On the day of, DJ Derik was great! The music was amazing and everyone was on the dance floor. He also checked in on us frequently to make sure we were doing ok and helped keep the wedding on schedule. I even asked him last minute to play a song that was not on the original must play list and he made it work no problem!!! My mom is hard to please when it comes to DJs/wedding music and she loved them. Derik and Rebecca are truly wonderful to work with and do an amazing job-I cannot recommend them enough!!

Profile Picture User7286651, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Where do I even begin for Riptide Entertainment... Derik and Rebecca are absolute the BEST in what they do. I interviewed 3 different DJs and I knew by the time Derik said Hi that I wanted him to be our DJ. I felt an immediate connection with him and in the end of the interview he became my friend. Derik handles all music and timeline related details while his wife Rebecca handles everything else. They respond to communication extremely quickly even when they were on vacation and I told them to not to bother emailing me back until after their vacation - they told me I was silly and still responded.

It was important to me that we had a unplugged ceremony, Derik ensured me that he would make an announcement and promised that Rebecca would ask people nicely to put their phones away (if she saw them during the ceremony). Everyone at the wedding LOVED Derik - his personality is stellar, he played music that was fitting for all generations, had great ideas and he even went above and beyond as a DJ. There was a loose dog at the venue that he helped get and even served my husband and I drinks at dinner.

If you are on the fence about the perfect DJ - don't be... Derik is the perfect choice!

Profile Picture Leslie, 9/17/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Derik and Rebecca were really great and easy to work with! Derik did a great job of moving people to the dance floor and getting the party started as well as handling all the other intricate parts of the reception! Very pleased with everything!

Profile Picture Steven , 1/2/16, 1 Review