37 Reviews for Rilling's Bucks County Bakery

Delivery (4)
Private Tastings (4)
Custom Design (3)
37 Rilling's Bucks County Bakery Reviews

My venue included a cake as part of the package, and gave me 4 bakeries to choose from. I had tastings at 2 of them. When we arrived at our cake tasting, however, it seemed someone had crossed off our appointment in their scheduling book, so they were not expecting us. I assume someone else had called to cancel and one of the workers crossed ours off by mistake. It made me nervous initially, but they got things ready for us quickly and we did our tasting. Ultimately, we went with Rillings because the cake options were the best, tasted the best and more reasonably priced for any "extras" I may have wanted.

The cake was gorgeous, looked exactly as we had discussed and tasted great. Very happy with Rillings!

Profile Picture Simone, 3/31/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

YUM! My husband grew up getting his wedding cakes from Rillings, so it was an easy choice for our Bucks County Wedding. Our tasting was fantastic - we spent about an hour creating a custom cake. I wanted each layer to be a different design/pattern and we created an absolutely beautiful cake together! The bakery spent time drawing a couple samples with me, and showing me pictures from their book to combine each layer. We didn't add flowers - all decorations were done with icing (white on white). We also had different flavors on each layer since we couldn't pick just one! Great experience with them, and beautiful cake on our wedding day!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/29/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Rilling's became our baker for the wedding due to an unfortunate event but they were able to accommodate us immensely as we scrambled (a little) to figure out what we would do for our wedding cake. We met with Diane for a tasting and consultation three months prior to the wedding and she already had all of our information that was provided to the previous baker. This was very helpful as we were set on the style cake we had already chosen. The cake we tried was delicious and we chose the chocolate chip pound cake and the raspberry swirl pound cake. We had a larger cake topper which was no problem for them and they made sure that we would have enough cake for all of our guests.
They delivered the cake to the venue without any need for communication with us and we first saw the cake at the reception. The cake was beautiful and had everything we asked for. Working with Rilling's was so easy and they were so accommodating after we came to them that close to the wedding. If I was in need for a cake for an event, I wouldn’t go anywhere but Rilling's.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/15/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had a choice of several bakeries to use for our cake, but there was no question we were going to choose Rilling's from the start. They provided top quality service from the very beginning. Our cake tasting was delicious! They also spent time going over the various decor options and I couldn't be happier with what we chose. The cake was beautiful and a true highlight of our wedding day.

Profile Picture Johanna, 7/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We used Rillings Bakery for our wedding cake in June and we could not have been happier! They were so easy to work with, and when we went in for our tasting we were able to try a wide variety of flavors and they were all so delicious (I love the almond mixed with the raspberry with the buttercream frosting). Diane was such a huge help, she was so friendly and was able to make recommendations like how much cake we needed (we had no idea) and was so friendly! When we arrived on the day of the wedding I was blown away at how beautifully designed the cake was. I highly recommend Rillings, you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Colleen, 6/4/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Rilling's bakery was suggested to us by our wedding venue (among a few others) but we were so happy we chose them! I'm not the biggest dessert fan but by the time we started trying cakes I started to change my mind! I never knew pound cake and icing could come in so many shapes, sizes, and flavors! Don't get me started on the icing ;) The woman who's family has owned it for years (I'm sorry I can't remember it the moment) was phenomenal in every way. She was so kind, patient, and down to earth. She made picking cake(s) easy and not even a little stressful. She did an excellent job and explaining every detail (who knew there were so many decisions to make?) and was always patient. She never once tried to up selling but did give us endless options. Our cakes (we had a 250 person wedding so there had to be multiple) turned out exactly how she said they would, even better, I think! Our guests were so pleased. We will definitely be back :) Thanks so much again.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Everyone at Rillings was great! They were so helpful and able to create a perfect wedding cake! It was DELICIOUS!

Profile Picture megan, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

Diane and Terry went above and beyond to help my husband and I select a cake for our wedding day. We were overseas but planning the wedding for our return, and they made sure we were able to sample the cake with the little time we had before our big day. The cake was one of the best wedding cakes I've ever had, and I'm not even a big cake person. We selected pumpkin chocolate chip with cream cheese icing, and it couldn't have been any more perfect. We would use them all over again.

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!!! I showed Diane a picture from Pinterest and she did a great job replicating it with her own touches! They were so generous with their tasting samples... so go hungry and expect leftovers! So delicious!!! :) thanks again !!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/25/15, 5 Reviews
1.0

I was really disappointed with the look of my wedding cake. The cake itself was tasty and nothing short of what I expected in terms of taste but you can't take memorable pictures of how the cake tasted. The appearance of that cake is what matters, especially when you are getting married. In fact, for most weddings, it's a highlight of the reception - cutting the cake. I, however, did not do that because my cake looked NOTHING like the cake I was promised for my wedding. Despite providing the staff with specific pictures and picking out ribbon color and what not, we did not get what we paid for AT ALL. It looked like a clown cake - a cake that you would expect to see at a child's birthday party - not an indian wedding. I went with Rillings because of it's connection with my reception venue - Jericho National but I regret that decision deeply. VERY DISAPPOINTED BRIDE.

Profile Picture Prema, 11/22/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was my favorite part of my wedding! It was absolutely beautiful and so delicious! I can not say enough wonderful things about Rillings bakery! I will definitely go back and will be recommending them to everyone I know!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Rilling's was a pleasure to work with for our wedding! The cake was bsolutely amazing and exactly what we wanted. We've gotten so many compliments on how delicious it was and how beautiful it looked. Thank you!

Profile Picture Shannon, 3/22/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Warrington Country Club offers the choice of two bakeries for their wedding cakes. I, of course, went with Rillings as I grew up with Rillings and they have the best cakes ever! I was not disappointed! My cake was absolutely Breath taking. More people had comments about the cake, not just asthetically pleasing, but delicious! We had two flavors, white pound cake with white icing and chocolate chip pound with white icing. The left overs were sent home with us and the next day we had a brunch, I saw several relatives go back for second and third pieces of cake.
We also added a couple of trays of mini desserts, they too were awesome!
Diane was a doll to work with, she obviously takes pride in her work and enjoys it as well.
Can't wait for my anniversary to have the cake topper! I am sure it will still be delicious!

Profile Picture Julie, 5/25/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Rillings!! They were awesome! The cake was so yummy. They did a beautiful job! The cake planner, Diane, was very nice and helpful. We would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/26/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Rillings produced a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake. The cake exceeded my expectations in the beautiful design, and we loved how you incorporated our bride batter/groom pitcher cake topper and the Philly Phanatic bride/Mr. Met groom ornaments on the cake too. The guests thought that was great! In addition, it was also delicious. The younger set loved the chocolate chip slices, and the almond pound cake was heavenly. Can't wait to have it from our 1 year saved top!

Profile Picture Deborah, 7/21/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Delicious cake! Our cake from Rilling's was included in the Reception package so I am not sure of the value but I assume its a good value! We had chocolate chip pound cake and vanilla. We loved the chocolate chip. The inexpensive upgrade to the buttercream icing was very tasty! They offer a good variety of samples for their cake tasting. The sugar flowers and detail design was done very nicely! We hope to order cakes from Rillings in the future!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/18/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Rilling's is a cute little bakery that has been around for a very long time. Another thing we found out about through warrington country club (cake was included in wedding costs there). We are so glad we chose Rillings. We had so many options between cake design and flavor (ALL DELICIOUS). We chose chocolate chip for 2 layers and raspberry almond swirl for the others. Sounds awesome, right? They worked with me using my bouquet to make matching flowers on the cake and it was perfect. I live about an hour from here, and definitely plan on going back for cakes/desserts for special occasions. so yummy!

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/12/12, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake ever! Bought the almond flavored cake and it was great. It was done very elegantly. When we went for the tasting they were super nice. Can't wait for our anniversary to eat the top layer!!

Profile Picture jeanne, 10/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Be careful when you read reviews for Rillings because some are for the Rillings on Southampton Road. This review is for the one on Street Road. I started with Rillings because our venue used them as the provider for the cake. We did a raspberry pound cake and chocolate chip pound cake with vanilla buttercream and fudge scrolls throughout on the icing. We also had them do a groom's cake that looked like a breakfast plate complete with toast, bacon and eggs - it was UNREAL. My groom loves breakfast and also cried when he saw it. I met with Diane personally at the shop and she was so pumped to do the breakfast cake and very open to ideas on the wedding cake. Everything was perfect (and delicious!)

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/13/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This is just to let anyone who is reading this know that the Rillings on Southampton Rd was in NO WAY offiiliated with he original Rillings family. They sold that building in the 80s where the owner and his staff misrepresented it and ran it into the ground til they went out of business and were forced to close in January of 2012. The original Rillings that dotted philadelphia for years is alive and well and now ran by its 3rd generation in Warminster. Rillingsbakery.net

Profile Picture User1105913, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I gave the bakery a picture of exactly how I wanted my cake to look and they did a very good job. The cake came out perfect and was very delicious too! My husband and I cannot wait to eat the rest of the cake for our 1st anniversary.

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/24/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was beautiful it had a functioning water fall, candles on it...and wow it was beautiful. I had 2 flavors, half was vanilla and other half chocolate. It tasted great and decorated perfectly. I love Rillings and will use them for future parties that require pastries or a cake.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/15/10, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A cake from Rillings was included in my wedding package and I am so glad it was! The staff was very professional and creative and the cake tasted AMAZING! The cake they created for my wedding was more beautiful than I could have wished for!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/10/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Rillings cake came with my venue. I was pleased because I've had their cakes before and they were great. I dropped off the flowers I wanted and my cake topper to my venue the week of the wedding and my cake was exactly how I imagined it would be on the wedding day. It was delicious too!

Profile Picture Nikki, 10/10/09, 4 Reviews
0.0

I WOULD NEVER RECCOMMEND THE RILLINGS ON SOUTHAMPTON RD IN PHILA. THEY WERE NOT EASY TO DEAL WITH! NO RETURNED CALLS OR E-MAILS SO I SHOWDED UP{ IN PERSON TO GET ALL THE DETAILS DOWN AND I HAD A PICTURE OF WHAT I WANTED IT WAS SIMPLE CALI LILIES & I WAS ASSURED THAT IT WOULD BE PERFECT ON THE WEDDING DAY. MY CAKE WAS WRONG ON THE WEDDING DAY I HAD HOT PINK CALI LILIES THAT MATCHED NOTHING AND THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING TO MAKE UP FOR IT NOT EVEN A PHONE CALL. ALSO THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH CAKE FOR EVERYONE AT THE WEDDING IT WAS TOO SMALL.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/19/09, 3 Reviews