RIG Events and Entertainment, DJ, and Certified Wedding Planner Reviews

469 | Fort Myers, FL

469 Reviews for RIG Events and Entertainment, DJ, and Certified Wedding Planner

Kayla Sheffield · Married on 01/11/2020

Phenomenal

If i could rate this company hire then 5 stars i absolutely would. Jay was the dj for my wedding and nothing can ever amount to how great this dj company was! Jay and his crew are just wonderful at what they do and i wouldn't recommend any other dj as much as i recommend them! He made my day stress free and was professional but fun all in one! I would do it all over again just to have him dj my wedding, dont look elsewhere this is your guy!!

Sent on 01/14/2020

Alyssa Carlson · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing service!

Jay went above and beyond. To making sure that we ate through the craziness of 400+ people to making everything was done and ran smoothly after we were running way behind schedule. We HIGHLY recommend his 5 star services!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Sierra Rush · Married on 12/22/2019

Superb services

Jay and his team were very professional and went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding flowed flawlessly. In the first meeting we had with Jay he cared more about getting to know us then selling his services to us, which we felt spoke highly of him as a person. We are forever grateful for the work Jay put into making our special day so memorable.

Sent on 01/11/2020

Mariella · Married on 12/21/2019

A DJ you will remember!!

Jay does a great job keeping lines of communication open. He is always available for anything you need. After working weddings for years I knew which DJ would be perfect for our special day. He uses an online website where we could create a timeline together and add in songs for every part of the event. With my husband being deployed at the time this was a way to keep him involved in the wedding planning process.

Our wedding had rain the exact moment the ceremony started. With this being an indoor/outdoor venue Jay was able to make sure we could still do everything we had planned. Within second he was able to reconstruct the timeline to make sure we didn’t have to cut anything out. With his years of experience and professionalism we knew we were in good hands and could trust him taking the lead and making the right calls in what to do next. He definitely put us at ease with all the changes that had to be made.

Once the reception started he immediately got everyone to the dance floor. From that moment on nobody left the dance floor. He did a great job at reading what the crowd liked and played music to their likings. I had multiple complements about Jay such as: this DJ is on point, this is the wedding of the decade and, can I have his contact info, I would like to hire him for another event.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Jessie · Married on 12/14/2019

Jay is the best!

Jay is the owner of Rig Entertainment and was our DJ for our wedding on 12-14-2019. I can't express enough how awesome he was! From the time to we first reached out to him to our big day, nothing but positive experiences. You can tell he enjoys what he does, and many of our guests as well as our wedding party raved about him.

We chose his top end package, and it was well worth the money and suited our needs perfectly! He covered for our ceremony music, cocktail hour, and reception. Do not cheap out on the DJ, they literally can make or break your wedding!

He has a huge song selection and many suggestions. He has an online database of songs to choose from categorized by first dance, intros, father and bride, to name a few. It made choosing songs easy because it can be surprisingly overwhelming picking songs for every little thing for your day. If you get stumped he has ideas and suggestions for you, that I guarantee you couldn't think of on your own!

I personally waited around until the week of our wedding, and myself, my groom, and Jay all sat down and had my entire wedding planned in under a hour, and we had a fun time doing it!

Jay was even nice enough to get our plates for dinner during the reception for the bride, groom, and wedding party; as well as making sure we all had drinks! That was an unexpected bonus!

He has been doing this for years and has worked with many vendors. He actually has worked with our wedding photographer before and they synced well and worked together! That made a huge difference in how smooth our day went as we planned our wedding without a coordinator, and no one could tell the difference.

He gets 5 stars across the board with me!

Sent on 01/25/2020

Amber Reed · Married on 11/24/2019

Amazing dj

Jay and his team were outstanding. They made sure everything was on track for our wedding day. They not only acted as DJ, but they pretty much acted like my wedding coordinator and helped me out in every aspect of my wedding day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Alyssa · Married on 11/16/2019

So much more than a DJ!

Jay is nothing short of amazing! He is very passionate about making sure the bride & groom have the perfect wedding! Picking music from the portal he creates for you was super easy and the least stressful thing of all wedding planning tasks! He put together an amazing timeline and everything went so smoothly. Everyone keeps commenting on how much fun the reception was. The photo booth was a huge hit and we even got to design the photo strip layout! Jay and his son got me and my husbands food for us, drinks, and anything else we needed throughout the reception. He even gave me a discount for being a nurse (which no one does!). He was very easy to get ahold of and has late hours in case you need something during the wedding planning process. We couldn’t be happier with how our wedding turned out! 10/10 recommend!!

Sent on 11/20/2019

Joanne Sarah Blackston · Married on 11/10/2019

Wedding DJ

Jay and his team are fantastic. Throughout the planning process they build a vision of how the evening will happen. Impeccable timing and enthusiasm which allowed the evening to run perfectly.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/09/2019

Attentive, Caring, Professional, FUN

Everything with RIG Entertainment made the planning process and wedding day smooth and easy. When meeting with Jay, we discussed our vision for the day and what our needs/wants were when he helped us decide on a package that would best suit our venue and specific needs. We purchased one of the more comprehensive packages which included sound set up for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception along with uplighting and wedding planning services. It truly made our special day that much more so. Jay was helpful and attentive throughout the planning process, offering honest advice the whole time-not just what he thought we wanted to hear. He made us both feel calm and reassured throughout the whole process!

On the day of, Trevor was our main DJ. Jay thought he would be a good fit for us and boy was he right! Trevor showed up, set up, and was ready to go well before the ceremony start time, but it was even more than that! Trevor was attentive to our schedule, helping keep us on track and also asking us what adjustments we would like to make when dinner pushed us behind in our schedule. He coordinated with our videographer and photographer and communicated changes to our venue coordinator as well. I had complete faith in him and didn't have to worry about a thing!

On top of helping coordinate everything, Trevor did an excellent job reading the room. Just as the dance floor was starting to thin out, he'd play a throwback song from our "Like to Play" list that got the older family members out and dancing with us. Right as my mom whispered to me that she was wishing for a slow song to catch her breath (literally no way for Trevor to have heard her) he pulled up a slow song for us to catch our breath to.

We cannot thank Jay and Trevor enough for helping our night be the perfect success that it was!

Sent on 11/13/2019

Tiffany Prather · Married on 11/01/2019

Beyond our expectations!!!

We could not have asked for a better DJ and our guests cannot stop talking about Jay either!! From the time we booked him through the evening of the event he made sure everything we needed was taken care of. And not just DJ stuff but stuff before we walked out for the ceremony and anything at the reception and dinner!! Want a DJ that will play off the vibes of your people and keep the guests on their feet?! If so then you are in the right place!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Debby Hernandez · Married on 10/25/2019

Halloween Party

I have booked RIG twice now. They arrived early. Very professional and patient. Explained how everything worked to my guest. The equipment was in excellent condition. If you are looking for entertainment, I recommend RIG. You will get your monies worth.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Alexa · Married on 10/25/2019

The absolute BEST

First off let me start by saying that music is the MOST important thing to me when I go to weddings and when I planned my own. Jay was absolutely outstanding. From the moment you begin working with him he gives you a forum to help plan your music and when I finally met him in person we wound up staying an extra 30 minutes talking through and singing to some great party songs. We had so much fun. He meticulously goes over every detail of your ceremony and reception, even asking if you would like certain songs to start / end at a certain point.

I can’t even count the compliments we received during the wedding saying “wow this dinner music is great” some people even got up to dance during dinner! Eventually the genre switched from Motown and oldies to newer songs. He played something for everyone and it showed in how busy and fun the dance floor was. He read the room, was professional, nice and most of all FUN. Jay is incredible- if you are lucky enough to find he is available for your wedding date, do yourself a favor and book him.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Christine Goodlad · Married on 10/19/2019

More than excellent

Jay went above and beyond for my daughter’s wedding. From the minute we met him until the last song was played he was there for us. I would hire him again for any event I was planning.

Sent on 10/24/2019

Erica Oss · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding Review

Rig Entertainment did not disappoint! Jay takes the time to meet with you so that he fully understands what your are looking for. I have been to so many wedding where the music didn't match the bride and groom and Jay ensured this didn't happen at my wedding. We were able to select must play songs, songs we liked, and songs to not play. His team is very professional and the music was great. I highly recommend!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Kris Pica · Married on 10/18/2019

THE BEST EXPERIENCES! Jay has DJ’d all the dances at my sons school and a birthday party.

Jay is very professional, personable, outgoing and fun! He only wants your event to be the very best experience and a time to remember for a very long time!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Lisa · Married on 10/12/2019

He is the best hands down

Jay is AMAZING in one word. I had him DJ my sons wedding and not only did he do an absolutely incredible job with that - but also went over and above and handled things like a timeline, ideas of when to serve dinner, making sure my daughter in laws dress was bundled - I could go on and on. Things he didn't have to do, or was paid to do - but did anyhow to make sue it was the perfect day. We were so impressed and he was so good that in planning my daughters wedding I hired him as THE wedding planner as well. His ideas and contacts are extensive and he knows the business and the people. He carefully interviews and matches you with the RIGHT people for the RIGHT job. I wish I would have known about his planning skills before my son's wedding - it would have been a huge burden off my shoulders. I highly recommend him for the entertainment part - but have him help you with everything . He knows what he is doing and on top of that he is simply one of the BEST people I have met in the Naples/Fort Myers area in general. Just a great guy all around!! if you want a perfect wedding or party - he is your guy. trust me!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Charlotte Collins · Married on 10/12/2019

Best hours of fun with energetic DJ

Trevor was the best! He was professional and so much fun. He played our ceremony and reception music selections as requested. The uplights enhanced our reception. Very experienced. I would highly recommend Trevor!

Sent on 01/03/2020

Jenene Dulaney · Married on 10/06/2019

Highly recommend - jay goes above & beyond!

Jay Rigdon and his team at RIG Entertainment always provides the best service! I have used him for many events in the past (as I'm an Event Director) and he has never let me down. I have worked with many entertainment companies, being in the field, but now it was my turn to have the infamous "wedding DJ" for MY wedding. And, I can't thank him and his team enough!

First, he makes sure you are "ok" and doing well in the planning process. If you're reading this review, it's because you can understand how much it means to have someone "check-in" on you... as wedding planning is a lot! He's not just a DJ. He will assist in providing you the best of the best experiences for your wedding. Unfortunately we had a very tough break with our wedding and found out only a few months before our wedding date, that our venue was going to be torn down. Literally, demolition was to begin 5 days before our initial wedding date. So we had to change our date in order to keep our destination venue that I fell in love with... and with only a few months notice, the change of date shaved off an entire month! With this, caused a lot more work in trying to figure out new vendors that would be available for my big day - including a photographer and a videographer. Jay reached out and basically said, "what can I help with?" And, oh my gosh, he helped me tremendously! I was striking out with all of my contacts for booking a photographer/videographer, as each of them were already booked. With his experience in the field, he rocked it out for me. He provided me a list of vendors that I knew I could trust and because of him I had an awesome team to support me on my biggest event of my life.

It goes without saying that he is talented at what he does. He uses the best equipment and he has a way with a crowd on the dance floor that adds more energy and fun to the party. But, in addition to his talents, he and his team goes the extra step. For example, after he was done setting up and tearing down his equipment, he was helping me and my crew to set-up and tear-down all of my stuff! They were boxing up centerpieces, taking boxes to the car, etc. He and his assistant didn't leave until my whole crew left at the end of the night! He was literally by my side to support me in the grunt work and the behind-the-scenes, every step of the way.

What sets RIG Entertainment apart from others is that Jay cares about you and your day. He will do whatever he needs to do to be sure that you are taken care of before, during and after, in the entire start-to-finish of your wedding process. His equipment is state of the art. He and the crew he provides with him is always professional, high energy and fun. AND, he treats you like family! A few days after my wedding was over, I'm talking to my mom about all the ups and downs. (Unfortunately, we had a very horrible experience again with the venue and their staff on the day of the wedding.) Anyway, I told her, 'thank God we had Jay. He helped me hire an all-star team of vendors." And before I could say another word, my mom said, "Oh my gosh, Jay is awesome! He definitely saved the day. He'll forever be family." You can tell he's very passionate at what he does, he has fun and he's just all-around the best!

My husband and I can't thank Jay Rigdon with RIG Entertainment enough for being apart of our wedding. I would highly recommend him for any event and especially for your wedding!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for being so awesome! We love you!!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Haley Linzalone · Married on 10/05/2019

Couldn’t imagine it any more perfect

Wedding season is coming faster than you think! Weddings from October -January need to book him now! I honestly don’t even know where to start. I am at lost for words how amazing Jay is at his job. He goes above and beyond what I could of ever imagined or asked for in a DJ. He has made my whole entire wedding planning a walk in the park. Anything i need he has a answer for! He has recommended only the best places and services he could. He has done so much more than just be my Dj for my wedding. From helping me book my venue all the way to the smallest things like check in on me and how everything is going along the way. He has had answers to anything I have asked and responded immediately to everything. He knows so many people to recommend, that he has made my whole wedding planning a walk in the park! I couldn’t say thank you enough for everything he has done for my husband and I. I would recommend him to every single person that wanted a stress free wedding and on top of that an extremely organized person. If he said his services were a million dollars I wouldn’t even think twice! But no worries he on top of everything thing amazing about his Dj service, has outstanding prices for his services! Jay Rigdon 🙌🏼🙌🏼🥂💍

Sent on 12/05/2019
  • Ashtyn

Ashtyn · Married on 08/31/2019

Phenomenal!

I could not have imagined our wedding without Jay!
    From the quality of his equipment, set up and overall Dj ing skills to his suggestions, help, organization and fine attention to detail ! He made sure we had EVERYTHING we needed leading up to the wedding, the day of and all night long ! Everything went so smoothly and it was because of him!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Jenna

Jenna Damiano · Married on 08/05/2019

My Residents were the happiest I've ever seen them!

WOW! What a power house team! Rig Entertainment took the 'work' out of my event. I only needed to sit back and watch in awe. My residents were engaged the entire time, excited, dancing, and laughing together-exactly the purpose of my mix and mingle event! The dynamic that Jay and his team created for my residents was something I have not seen yet before in this industry. I will absolutely be using them again and again!!!

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Veyda

veyda Mak · Married on 07/20/2019

An awesome experience from our first phone call to our last dance

Our experience with unforgettable DJ Jay was truly amazing. My wedding was out of this world, because of him. RIG Entertainment did my lighting, dancing on the clouds and DJ services. All his five star reviews are true. Please take my advice, don't think about it, just call RIG Entertainment right now & trust me you won't regret it! RIG Entertainment will not disappoint; no matter what service you hire them for.

Sent on 08/05/2020
  • Laureen

Laureen · Married on 07/13/2019

I have been working with Jay for about a month and i must say he is absolutely amazing. he has great ideas and wealth of knowledge for every detail of your wedding. ladies and gentleman he is a must have person by your side.

Sent on 02/08/2018

Amanda Eble · Married on 07/13/2019

Creates an awesome environment!

I really enjoyed working with RIG Entertainment. They were able to cover all of our needs. Max was our DJ and he was really preceptive to what was going to make our guests have the best time possible! At first, I was concerned because I met Max for the first time at our wedding (all communication was done with the owner) but everything went without a hitch.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Brittany · Married on 07/13/2019

Best DJ Team Out There!

Jay and Trevor were absolutely fantastic! Jay helped us every step of the way to plan and choose music for our special day. The process was easy and stress-free. Trevor was an AMAZING DJ. He was able to quickly adjust due to weather conditions, made sure myself and my husband were happy the entire time and that we were getting everything that we needed and wanted, as well as made sure I was always cool with his handy fan! I would highly recommend this team to anyone! They are fun, easy to talk too, and are highly qualified. We had an amazing experience!

Sent on 07/29/2019