RICO Entertainment Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Arlene
    Arlene A. Married on 08/07/2022

Perfect day! 8-7-22

Rico did a great job incorporating our ‘must play’ list and our vision of the reception with some additional tracks that kept the energy going with the right vibes all night. Rico was very attentive and responsive to our requests during the wedding. When we had some updates to one of the songs for the grand entrance he found the time to cut mix and play it exactly how we wanted. Idk where he found the time but he was BRILLIANT and our big reveal went on without a hitch, just like we envisioned it. As Hispanic Americans with some family and friends who only speak Spanish and others who only speak English, Rico really made both groups feel welcomed and entertained.
    He spoke well over the music and didn’t interrupt too often like some DJs do. He only spoke when necessary to keep the energy going and the micro events organized.
    He was responsive during the planning stages and his software was user friendly and kept us on track. The Magic Mirror was also a huge hit! Can’t wait to see all the photobooth pics our guests took on the website. Rico also referred our officiant to us. Thank you Rico! Having moved to CT from NYC, we didn’t think we could find a DJ like you here. You exceeded our expectations.
    Arelis A. Married on 08/06/2022

Livingston Manor Wedding

Our wedding was 3 yrs in the making. Covid changed our plans ...but Rico was very responsive to our needs and changes and made our event memorable. Thank you Rico for being part of our magical day. He captured meticulously every moment in music, sound, and photography. He's an impeccable DJ and Master of Ceremony is second to none. Rico Entertainment Events has a complimentary team of professionals that will make your special day most memorable the best in a lifetime.
  • Michelle
    Michelle S. Married on 06/18/2022

Truly the best DJ!

I can’t even begin to explain how great Rico and his team are and seriously want to have a party or event just to have Rico there. We immediately picked Rico in our heads (about 5 minutes into our Zoom call) because of his personality - he loves his job and it shows! His portal made it so easy to plan out the most important wedding details, even ones I didn’t think of, and you can scroll through song categories for every important moment during your wedding. Rico went above and beyond for me, adding on things at the end like a TV and video montage for my Mom, and he made everything perfect. We also added the dancing on a cloud, magic mirror, and SNOW! During the wedding, Rico literally nailed everything. Everything he did was flawless. I cannot recommend him enough - he was seriously the best part of our wedding!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Monica
    Monica L. Married on 01/05/2022

Spectacular Job!

Rico, Joel, and Edwin by far are the most professional vendors I've worked with. I just recently had to coordinate our organization's first virutal major fundraising event. The crew did their homework and definitely made my first virtual experience a pleasant one. I continue to use their service for our organization's fundraising events, because of theirpassion and committment of producing a quality and memorable event year after year.
  • Margarita
    Margarita Married on 09/26/2021

Exceptional MC

So pleased to have had Rico as my DJ/MC. He was a pleasure to work with, he is very organized, in downloading the music you want to be played at your wedding. He’s an excellent MC.
  • Ashley Breault
    Ashley B. Married on 09/19/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing to say the least

We just hired Rico and his crew for our wedding this past weekend, 9/19/21 at Villa Barone Hilltop Manor. Everything from our first meeting to wedding day was amazing! Rico has a website that makes music planning so easy! He has prepopulated example songs and the option for any song you find on YouTube. The way his website is configured it leaves no room for questions or missing pieces! The whole process of song selection was smooth from what song you want walking down the aisle to what song you want to enter your venue to.
    Now on to Rico himself.... he is everything you want in a DJ/ vendor. He walks you through from beginning to end, leaves no questions unanswered and legit makes you feel like the most important person on your big day. He hypes up the crowd hypes up the bride and groom and creates a party atmosphere! Another perk of using Rico Entertainment is they also have options for many different photo booths. One stop shop! They set up and break it down in the blink of an eye and bring props to make the pictures fun! We also opted for something called the dancing cloud. Which is during your first dance as bride and groom. It feels like it is just you two dancing on a fluffy cloud. From beginning to end him and his team did exactly what they said they were going to. They are amazing and did not disappoint. The vibe is unmatched and the energy is amazing. Book him and you won't regret! Rico thank you for the amazing time it was priceless!
    Kristin Married on 07/11/2021

Awesome DJ!

Rico was amazing! Since we had to postpone our wedding for an entire year due to COVID, I feel like we've been working with Rico forever. We originally met Rico and his team at a bridal show and knew we had to have him as our DJ. Throughout the entire process, Rico was organized, easy to communicate with, and has a great personality. Prior to the wedding, Rico provided us with an easy online system to submit must plays, do not plays, schedule of events, etc. and reviewed this with us the week of the wedding. At the wedding, Rico played a mix of genres that got all of our guests up and dancing. He really created a fun, wedding party atmosphere! We also appreciate that Rico let us add a few special touches to our day...My dad used to DJ (back in the day) and wanted to play a small set at our wedding. Rico graciously gave him the microphone and let him play a few songs. It was definitely one of the highlights of my dad's day and so much fun for our family! I would definitely recommend Rico for organization, ease of communication, and creating a perfect wedding party atmosphere. We had a blast dancing and singing the entire night! Thank you so much!
    Vanessa G. Married on 06/25/2021

Best dj!

We originally booked Rico back in 2019 and just had our wedding 2 weeks ago . We’ve continued to hear nothing but AMAZING feedback from all the guests saying it was the BEST wedding and BEST music playlist . Everyone was so hyped and danced all night !!! This is exactly what my husband Michael and I wanted and exceeded our expectations . Rico’s Entertainment Events went beyond our expectations ! They definitely brought their A game and made the Italians love the Spanish music !!
  • Adana
    Adana Married on 10/13/2019

Rico is a MUST!

Working with Rico Entertainment was AMAZING! Our guests would have danced all night, and into the morning because his set was THAT GOOD! When looking for a DJ for our wedding we really wanted one that was bilingual to accommodate both our Spanish-speaking family and English-speaking friends, and Rico did not disappoint! He was very professional and prompt with all correspondence. Rico was also very animated and helped move along our wedding day timeline perfectly. He played a variety of Top 40 hits, older classics, and Spanish favorites that kept our dance floor packed ALL NIGHT! Our guests have said that our reception was the most fun event they have attended and I am certain that it is in large part due to Rico’s talent as a DJ/MC.
  • andrea
    Andrea Married on 05/24/2019

Just Amazingly! Love it!

Needless to say, a wedding DJ is a focal point of a full fun dance floor.. RICO Entertainment Events was the best!!!! Our DJ was amazing! He was on time, he was ready to go, very profesional, full of energy and made our reception a BLAST!
    He played the perfect songs at the right times so the dance floor was never empty..We absolutely recommend RICO entertainment to anyone. Respond promptly to emails, calls, and text. They had great lighting and sound thanks to Luz and Edwin.. the investment was worth every single dime. The payment plan was super helpful and made it very affordable. We truly had the best night at out wedding and received lots of complements from our guest about our awesome DJ Javier. He knew this event was the biggest night of our life to celebrate with our friends and family. The flow of the night was phenomenal, he appreciate and understood every genre of music for all our guest.
    Dance floor was on fire! Everybody was happy...we were super lucky to find them and have DJ Javier ......He made it just PERFECT! Thank you so much to make our night so much fun and special. AWESOME!
    Jessica A. Married on 01/04/2019

Jan 4 2019 wedding Jess and Ryan

I can’t even put into words of the service that Rico entertainment provided for my wedding this past weekend my guest were obsessed with the music ,the up lighting he did on the walls was out of this world it looked like a nightclub. Our guest had so much fun with the mirror photo booth. Rico and his team were so professional.His photographer helped me get into my dress and helped my maid of honor when her dress zipper broke off right before the ceremony. Rico took so much time meeting with me and helping me plan my whole night I never felt rushed at all he made me feel like my wedding was his top priority. Thank you so much Rico Entertainment!

RICO Entertainment Events's reply:

Ahhhhh thanks Jess! Loved so much being part of your wedding event! Congrats to you and Ryan! Awesome wedding! By the way your personal wedding vows were beautiful! Thx. Rico
  • Oncloudjacob
    Stephanie Married on 09/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico was a pleasure to work with from our first meeting and beyond. My friends and I used to go to dinner where he would DJ on Friday night and and saved his business card for years in case his services were ever needed!! Everything was great and the uplighting was awesome, the dancing in the cloud was beautiful and sooo worth doing!!! He also provided glow sticks which we rocked while we were on the dance floor. We had so much fun, thank you so much!!!:)
    Lauren Married on 10/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Where do we even begin? The second we met with Rico and saw his setup with all of the photos, videos and samples we knew we had to book him instantly. For starters, you have a personal portal to go in and fill out all of the songs you would like to have played, the songs you wouldn’t like to have played and even several suggestions for each individual dance and most popular. You can plan everything out on the site and don’t need to fill out paper forms. Rico is incredibly responsive for any questions and gets back to you almost instantly. He was an amazing DJ and got and kept the party going. Our guests were on the dance floor literally the entire time and Rico really played the appropriate music for our group and kept everyone having an amazing time. Our videography through Rico Entertainment showed up early and captured all of our big moments, and our photobooth was a huge hit! We also did the dancing cloud and to our surprise, actually brought all of our guests to tears. The second the cloud started everyone was completely overcome with emotion on how beautifully and well timed it was. We will book Rico for any party we ever have and we think everyone else should too. So easy to group on several packages and options, you can even customize them. Rico also did our ceremony music which was absolutely perfect! Thank you so much Rico Entertainment for helping make our Wedding day the absolutely best day of our lives and what our friends and family are calling the party of the year! --Lauren and Michael
    Kristi Married on 10/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved Rico and his team. The planning website was easy to use and Rico took the time to meet with us to finalize all the details and everything went great! We opted to do the photo booth which was so fun! The guests had a great time and I have priceless memories now. People said our wedding was a blast and I attribute that to the great music and MC job by Rico. He is very responsive to any questions you might have for your special day. I highly recommend him!!
    Denise Married on 10/15/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    RICO Entertainment truly made my wedding day complete. We used this vendor for our DJ and Photography and I wouldn't go back and change my mind one bit! The owner Rico was wonderful and very helpful throughout the my whole planning process, and his photography team was amazing!!!! The photographers made sure that all the photos that I wanted to be taken were taken and not even one was missed, the work they did came out beautiful and I cant wait to admire the photos for years to come. Thank you so much to your wonderful team RICO Entertainment!!!
    Kelly Married on 09/22/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico Entertainment is a one stop shop and we just loved their professionalism. We had a photo booth, photography, videography and DJ services. It was great, because you deal with one company! Our night was amazing. Rico and his workers treated us like celebrities. I'm telling you, you won't go wrong if you choose this company. Simply the best!!!!
    James and Kelly Moore
    Alane Married on 09/16/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If you want to have a fun wedding, book DJ RICO!
    Jaimie Married on 08/20/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico is very professional, attentive and provides excellent quality of service. You will not be disappointed. Rico takes his time during the introduction of meeting you and discussing your needs and wants. He also makes sure that he meets with you a week prior to your event to discuss the details. He is on time and one person you will not have to babysit on the day of your event. My husband and I are very pleased that we hired Rico for our wedding and have no regrets. Thank you for your service Rico!
    Marissa S. Married on 08/19/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico was the best!! He got our guests up and dancing and kept the crowd live!! The most amazing feeling in the world was walking out to our reception and seeing how loud and excited he got everyone swinging their napkins around. The photo booth was a huge hit!! We did the red carpet package with our custom photo backdrop and we absolutely loved it!!! We also had our videographer through Rico Entertainment and our video came out beautiful! I am happy we did not listen to those who say not to spend money on a Videographer. Its so exciting to keep watching and reliving our special day and its nice to see all the live smiles on everyone having a blast!!Thanks for everything Rico!!!!
    Steven Married on 07/24/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We met Rico at a bridal expo in Hartford and from day 1 he was an awesome guy. We got him for the whole package, DJ, photography, videography and we couldn't be more pleased. Good prices and awesome people. Also he's an amazing Emcee and that really brought it all together. We also got a photobooth and other nice touches as well. Just got our album and DVD and it's all just as amazing as they were. I highly recommend his team for any event! Thanks Rico!!
    Stephanie Married on 07/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico went above and beyond to make this day special for us. We had got Photography, photo booth and DJ services through Rico. He made sure he listened to what we wanted and followed through to make our day everything we dreamed of.
    Christine Married on 07/16/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I was lucky to have worked with Rico for our wedding at the Heritage Hotel in Southbury, CT. During the entire process I trusted Rico was going to provide the party I was looking for. He would respond to e-mails in a timely manner and was always kind and accommodating. You can work with him in regards to your budget and he will make a beautiful event. He arrived on time to the venue, everything was set up perfectly and the evening transitioned smoothly. The up lighting was placed perfectly around the room and the music got the guests dancing. I wish we could do it again!
    Kristen Married on 06/10/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were lucky enough to have experienced Rico at a wedding we attended before booking him, and from that moment on, he did not disappoint. He was prompt with responding to every question we ever had and our wedding day was beyond perfect, thanks in large part to the atmosphere that Rico set through the music. We HIGHLY recommend!!!
    Michelle Married on 10/17/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Rico and his staff are the best, hands down. Great professionalism, equipment, and crowd reading skills. I will absolutely call him again.
    Greg Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Excellent. Worked well with us from the start. Also works within budget. He was an excellent DJ/MC and his staff from photographer to videographer to photo wall was amazing. My only recommendation would be include the raw footage with the videographer video packages automatically along with the edited video which was beautiful! Rico and his staff worked well with our venue!
illustration stars