Richard Stratton Reviews

39 | Fernandina Beach, FL

39 Reviews for Richard Stratton

39 Richard Stratton Reviews

michael · Married on 03/10/2018

We are so glad that we chose Richard to play at our wedding. The music was awesome and his website was very informative, especially with the sample songs. He is very organized and the whole process was a breeze--which was most appreciated given the chaotic nature of planning everything else.

Sent on 03/18/2018

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Michael! We loved playing for you and Inga and your wonderful friends and families. We wish you a long loving marriage. Richard

Gabriela · Married on 02/24/2018

We got married in February at Walker’s Landing in Amelia Island. Our ceremony was outside. Richard did an amazing job! I am so glad that we hired the musical accompaniment. It really set the tone for the ceremony and our guests loved it. We got so many compliments on the music. We also had our uncle Brett sing along with Richard for a part of the ceremony. What an amazing special treat! I am so thankful that I chose you Richard for our wedding. On a side note, the groom’s father was 40 minutes late to the ceremony. Richard was a true professional and filled that time with his beautiful music. I truly could not have done it without you! Thank you again

Sent on 05/26/2018

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks for the review Gabriella. It was a real treat to work with Brett. What a beautiful day!

Pamela · Married on 02/23/2018

Thank you, Richard, for creating a wonderful musical environment for my daughter's rehearsal dinner on Jekyll Island in February! Not only did we enjoy your beautiful singing voice and guitar playing from a distance as we ate outdoors on the lawn, but we had fun dancing to your music as well. The mood you set was pure romance (even for my husband and I married 20+ years) under the stars for the bride and groom and wedding party and family! We appreciate your friendly and professional service! And by the way -- do you sell CD's? We would like to remember your music for years to come!!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Pam! I really appreciate your review. I will mail you a CD. Best, Richard

Kelly · Married on 10/27/2017

I can't say enough good things about Richard Stratton! He played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and did a beautiful job. He was very helpful throughout the process of picking out the processional music and making sure our selections flowed nicely together. He is a such a talented musician - his music absolutely made our wedding ceremony. We still have guests complimenting the ceremony and cocktail hour music! Thank you for helping to make our day perfect, Richard!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Richard Stratton 1

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Mrs Olson! I wish you have a long loving marriage.

Heather · Married on 07/28/2017

Richard Stratton and the Palmetto Catz were absolutely amazing! Everyone at our wedding was so complimentary! My husband had tears in his eyes as I walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, this fulfilled his dreams. The reception was so fun dancing and singing along to one awesome song after another. I want to plan another event just to have them play!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Wow. thanks Heather. We are humbled by your lovely words.

Kendall · Married on 07/22/2017

Richard was terrific at our wedding reception! He played exactly what we wanted, beautifully (solo guitar without vocals) and several people commented on what a great match it was for the occasion. We highly recommend him!

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2017

Richard is EXCELLENT!! I couldn't have asked for anything more. If you want a classy yet fun sound, Richard is your guy. He made my ceremony memorable : )

Sent on 07/11/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Lauren, The ceremony tunes that you picked worked out perfectly timing-wise. This happens so rarely that I just had to mention it. Thanks!

Kelly · Married on 05/27/2017

We had originally considered not having live music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and after going thru this and having Richard play for our ceremony and cocktail hour we realized what a great addition Richard was for our event. He was amazing!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Kelly. Your daughter Olivia sounded great on her two songs. Thanks for the opportunity to be with you on your a very special occasion!

Lynn · Married on 05/15/2017

Richard was the icing on the cake at our beach wedding on Amelia Island! Everyone commented how perfect he was for the ceremony and the reception. The selection of music to pick from is impressive and his performance was superb! Easy to work with, accommodating, and professional. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Thanks Lynn!!

Alexis · Married on 04/29/2017

Richard was easy to work with and incredibly responsive. He provided honest feedback on what he thought would work best for our ceremony and cocktail hour music - a fantastic quality to have when you're a multi-tasking bride and groom trying to make all the right decisions for your wedding. He also learned songs for us, which were delivered beautifully on the day of our wedding. Highly recommended.

Sent on 05/06/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Alexis...Kyle and I really enjoyed playing for you and your families. We especially like the River House and working with your coordinator Monica Dowd.

Cassie · Married on 04/23/2017

Working with Richard was such a pleasure and I highly recommend him to any couple looking for a ceremony musician. Not only is he incredibly talented, he's also professional and exceedingly personable. His repertoire is rather extensive and he's able to give thoughtful suggestions regarding how many processional songs to select and the timing given the length of the aisle, number of bridesmaids, etc. (basically all of the things I never would have thought of on my own!). I cannot say enough about this guy - he truly helped to make our wedding day a very special occasion.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Cassie. I love your choice of "God Only Knows". I will get a lot of use out of that tune. Thanks for requesting it and for your kindness.

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2017

We were fortunate to have Richard perform at our ceremony and the reception that followed. Several of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was and what a wonderful background it provided for both dancing and conversation. Richard was extremely easy to work with and has a tremendous repertoire of tunes both modern and classic. At the reception, Richard performed with his trio The Jazz Catz. The trio provided beautiful music for a solid four hours. We would recommend Richard without hesitation.

Sent on 04/23/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

thank you for your kind words Jennifer. We really loved your venue choice of Amici's Milano room. It is a fabulous layout and it really helped make your celebration.

Daniel · Married on 04/01/2017

Richard is an immensely talented musician and a consummate professional. He was an integral part of our wedding weekend, as he performed at our rehearsal dinner (with the Palmetto Catz), ceremony (guitar with bass accompanying), and cocktail hour (guitar and vocals with bass accompanying). His musical stylings were the perfect complement to all of the events and we really appreciated him taking the time to work with us on the selections for the ceremony. Most importantly, Richard is a genuinely kind, sincere person. When we were dealing with a lot of uncertainty due to Hurricane Matthew postponing us, Richard's willingness to roll with the punches was so reassuring and something we won't soon forget. We can't recommend him enough.

Sent on 04/12/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thank you Dan. It was a pleasure being with you and all the great people that came out for your wedding weekend! My best to you and Beth!

Mike · Married on 03/11/2017

Richard was great to work with and made the music planning easy! We went with the guitar and violin duo for the wedding ceremony and Palmetto Catz for the reception. Everyone loved the music so much it quickly became one of the best highlights of our wedding. We received tons of feedback from guests stating how much they loved the band and wondering where we found them. I highly recommend them to anyone and promise you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

thanks so much Mike. We loved the Winterbourne venue and your choice of ceremony music. Thanks again for trusting me with the music on the most important day of your life!

Stephen · Married on 02/18/2017

Richard was very helpful in making suggestions for the music for our wedding. We had him on guitar with a violinist for the ceremony and his band at the reception. Everyone loved the music. His style appeals to all ages. The singing and the quality of the music was phenomenal! Many of our guests complimented the music after our wedding. The Freudian Slip Band is a perfect choice for any occasion.

Sent on 02/25/2017

Richard Stratton's reply:

thanks so much Stephen. We loved your guests! BTW we are Palmetto Catz Band. Thanks again.

Daniel · Married on 10/22/2016

Richard was absolutely the best!! He played guitar at our son's rehearsal dinner. He is not only very talented, but is so accommodating to anything you need. We asked if we could use his microphone for toasts and speeches. He actually brought a stand and a second microphone for that purpose! Thank you, Richard, for making the evening perfect.

Ashlee · Married on 10/01/2016

Richard was extremely professional and helped me pick out the songs for my wedding ceremony and also provided music for my cocktail hour. He was very quick to respond and very thorough in his follow through process up until the day of the ceremony. We never met in person, but coordinated everything through email and I felt very confident on the wedding day that there would be no issues with this aspect of my wedding. I received many compliments of how great the music sounded. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to provide a special touch to your wedding day :)

Shelly · Married on 08/06/2016

Richard was a recommended vendor from the Oyster Bay Yacht Club for our wedding welcome reception on 8/5/16 and he was fantastic!! Our guests enjoyed his music and it went perfect with the venue. He was very professional and friendly. I highly recommend him for your next event!

Ashley · Married on 06/26/2016

Everyone at our wedding kept telling us how great and perfect the music was for our venue. Richard did such a great job at setting the mood and keeping the flow of events! Highly recommend!!!

Ashley · Married on 06/18/2016

Richard played the classical guitar for my wedding ceremony and for the prereception. He did an absolutely amazing job and I would recommend using him!

Michael · Married on 04/23/2016

Richard was super accommodating - he got in touch with us early on to get a plan put together and even offered to learn new songs if we wanted. Music sounded great the day of and was completely stress-free.

Steve · Married on 11/28/2015

Richard was awesome, and him and his violinist helped make our day absolutely magical. Richard was extremely professional, always so easy to get in touch with, and I would absolutely highly recommend his services to anyone looking to add something special to their wedding!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks Steve and Kelli...you had a very very special ceremony. Best to you guys.

Janna · Married on 11/14/2015

We hired Richard and went with the duo of classical guitar & violin. Email/phone response time was great, all my questions were answered quickly and wedding prep (song choices, etc) was quick and easy. The music was beautiful and was exactly what we had envisioned for our day! Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Richard Stratton's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Janna - love your song choices.

Matthew · Married on 10/31/2015

The band members were very generous with their time. Played every song requested and even learned a song we requested.