37 Reviews for Richard Stratton

Music During Breaks (1)
Vocals (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
36 Richard Stratton Reviews

We are so glad that we chose Richard to play at our wedding. The music was awesome and his website was very informative, especially with the sample songs. He is very organized and the whole process was a breeze--which was most appreciated given the chaotic nature of planning everything else.

Profile Picture michael, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Thank you, Richard, for creating a wonderful musical environment for my daughter's rehearsal dinner on Jekyll Island in February! Not only did we enjoy your beautiful singing voice and guitar playing from a distance as we ate outdoors on the lawn, but we had fun dancing to your music as well. The mood you set was pure romance (even for my husband and I married 20+ years) under the stars for the bride and groom and wedding party and family! We appreciate your friendly and professional service! And by the way -- do you sell CD's? We would like to remember your music for years to come!!

Profile Picture Pamela, 2/23/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

I can't say enough good things about Richard Stratton! He played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and did a beautiful job. He was very helpful throughout the process of picking out the processional music and making sure our selections flowed nicely together. He is a such a talented musician - his music absolutely made our wedding ceremony. We still have guests complimenting the ceremony and cocktail hour music! Thank you for helping to make our day perfect, Richard!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard Stratton and the Palmetto Catz were absolutely amazing! Everyone at our wedding was so complimentary! My husband had tears in his eyes as I walked down the aisle to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, this fulfilled his dreams. The reception was so fun dancing and singing along to one awesome song after another. I want to plan another event just to have them play!!

Profile Picture Heather, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Richard was terrific at our wedding reception! He played exactly what we wanted, beautifully (solo guitar without vocals) and several people commented on what a great match it was for the occasion. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Kendall, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Richard is EXCELLENT!! I couldn't have asked for anything more. If you want a classy yet fun sound, Richard is your guy. He made my ceremony memorable : )

Profile Picture Lauren , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We had originally considered not having live music for our ceremony and cocktail hour and after going thru this and having Richard play for our ceremony and cocktail hour we realized what a great addition Richard was for our event. He was amazing!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Richard was the icing on the cake at our beach wedding on Amelia Island! Everyone commented how perfect he was for the ceremony and the reception. The selection of music to pick from is impressive and his performance was superb! Easy to work with, accommodating, and professional. I would definitely recommend him!

Profile Picture Lynn, 5/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Richard was easy to work with and incredibly responsive. He provided honest feedback on what he thought would work best for our ceremony and cocktail hour music - a fantastic quality to have when you're a multi-tasking bride and groom trying to make all the right decisions for your wedding. He also learned songs for us, which were delivered beautifully on the day of our wedding. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Alexis, 4/29/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Working with Richard was such a pleasure and I highly recommend him to any couple looking for a ceremony musician. Not only is he incredibly talented, he's also professional and exceedingly personable. His repertoire is rather extensive and he's able to give thoughtful suggestions regarding how many processional songs to select and the timing given the length of the aisle, number of bridesmaids, etc. (basically all of the things I never would have thought of on my own!). I cannot say enough about this guy - he truly helped to make our wedding day a very special occasion.

Profile Picture Cassie, 4/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We were fortunate to have Richard perform at our ceremony and the reception that followed. Several of our guests commented on how beautiful the music was and what a wonderful background it provided for both dancing and conversation. Richard was extremely easy to work with and has a tremendous repertoire of tunes both modern and classic. At the reception, Richard performed with his trio The Jazz Catz. The trio provided beautiful music for a solid four hours. We would recommend Richard without hesitation.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard is an immensely talented musician and a consummate professional. He was an integral part of our wedding weekend, as he performed at our rehearsal dinner (with the Palmetto Catz), ceremony (guitar with bass accompanying), and cocktail hour (guitar and vocals with bass accompanying). His musical stylings were the perfect complement to all of the events and we really appreciated him taking the time to work with us on the selections for the ceremony. Most importantly, Richard is a genuinely kind, sincere person. When we were dealing with a lot of uncertainty due to Hurricane Matthew postponing us, Richard's willingness to roll with the punches was so reassuring and something we won't soon forget. We can't recommend him enough.

Profile Picture Daniel, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard was great to work with and made the music planning easy! We went with the guitar and violin duo for the wedding ceremony and Palmetto Catz for the reception. Everyone loved the music so much it quickly became one of the best highlights of our wedding. We received tons of feedback from guests stating how much they loved the band and wondering where we found them. I highly recommend them to anyone and promise you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Mike, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard was very helpful in making suggestions for the music for our wedding. We had him on guitar with a violinist for the ceremony and his band at the reception. Everyone loved the music. His style appeals to all ages. The singing and the quality of the music was phenomenal! Many of our guests complimented the music after our wedding. The Freudian Slip Band is a perfect choice for any occasion.

Profile Picture Stephen, 2/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Entertainer

Richard was absolutely the best!! He played guitar at our son's rehearsal dinner. He is not only very talented, but is so accommodating to anything you need. We asked if we could use his microphone for toasts and speeches. He actually brought a stand and a second microphone for that purpose! Thank you, Richard, for making the evening perfect.

Profile Picture Daniel, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Richard was extremely professional and helped me pick out the songs for my wedding ceremony and also provided music for my cocktail hour. He was very quick to respond and very thorough in his follow through process up until the day of the ceremony. We never met in person, but coordinated everything through email and I felt very confident on the wedding day that there would be no issues with this aspect of my wedding. I received many compliments of how great the music sounded. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking to provide a special touch to your wedding day :)

Profile Picture Ashlee, 10/1/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Cocktail Hour

Richard was a recommended vendor from the Oyster Bay Yacht Club for our wedding welcome reception on 8/5/16 and he was fantastic!! Our guests enjoyed his music and it went perfect with the venue. He was very professional and friendly. I highly recommend him for your next event!

Profile Picture Shelly, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Everyone at our wedding kept telling us how great and perfect the music was for our venue. Richard did such a great job at setting the mood and keeping the flow of events! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard played the classical guitar for my wedding ceremony and for the prereception. He did an absolutely amazing job and I would recommend using him!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

Richard was super accommodating - he got in touch with us early on to get a plan put together and even offered to learn new songs if we wanted. Music sounded great the day of and was completely stress-free.

Profile Picture Michael, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Instrumentals

Richard was awesome, and him and his violinist helped make our day absolutely magical. Richard was extremely professional, always so easy to get in touch with, and I would absolutely highly recommend his services to anyone looking to add something special to their wedding!

Profile Picture Steve, 11/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

We hired Richard and went with the duo of classical guitar & violin. Email/phone response time was great, all my questions were answered quickly and wedding prep (song choices, etc) was quick and easy. The music was beautiful and was exactly what we had envisioned for our day! Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Janna, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

The band members were very generous with their time. Played every song requested and even learned a song we requested.

Profile Picture Matthew, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Richard played acoustic guitar for our recent ceremony on the beach! His music was awesome, and we got many compliments afterwards! He was always quick to respond and professional. It was a pleasure working with him, and we would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/10/15, 1 Review