Richard Cash, Officiant Reviews

114 | Bridgewater, NJ

114 Reviews for Richard Cash, Officiant

Lindsay · Married on 09/07/2013

If you are looking for someone who helps you through every step of the way, Richard is the right officiant for you! As soon as my now husband and I left our first meeting with him, we knew he was special and would really add something to our ceremony. We were initially worried that not having our ceremony in a church would take something away from the moment, but Richard told us that we had complete control over the ceremony and could basically write it out exactly how we wanted it. We were able to keep some tradiotional aspects of a wedding ceremony like prayers and the usually wedding customs, while also adding some personal touches like our own love story, personal readings and personalized vows. It was beautiful how Richard was able to mold everything we wanted into a flawless ceremony. Before the wedding day he was amazing as well. He was always quick to respond to emails, kept in touch on the days leading up to the big day and helped us in the process of obtaining our marriage license! The night before the wedding he came to our rehearsal and organized the whole meeting! We are so thankful to have found Richard and he is absolutely our number one recommendation when anyone asks or needs an officiant!

Sent on 02/18/2014

When we first met with Richard, we immediately clicked with him and booked with him as soon as we got home. He's very down to earth and personable, and he makes you feel really comfortable. He was very responsive over the course of planning our ceremony, and he was also very patient as I admittedly procrastinated with planning our ceremony. He gave us some really great ideas, and he made our ceremony really personal. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 10/09/2013

Jenny · Married on 07/20/2013

Richard was extremely helpful from the moment we met. We had no idea what we wanted, or where to begin. Since we were not doing a religious ceremony, this was more stressful than we realized! Richard was great in helping to guide us, and ultimately come up with a ceremony we loved very much. The day of the wedding he was extremely professional, and kept things moving at a very nice pace. We were very pleased with his service, and would highly recommend him to a friend.

Sent on 12/25/2013

Laura · Married on 06/22/2013

Richard Cash was a pleasure to work with as our wedding officiant. He made sure the ceremony ran smoothly and went exactly as we wanted it. He brought in a touch of humor to our ceremony and allowed our lighter sides to come through. He was very professional, exceptionally responsive to any question or request we had and made sure we had all of marriage license requirements taken care off with plenty of time before the ceremony. I would recommend him to any bride!

Sent on 07/07/2013

Casey · Married on 06/14/2013

Richard was wonderful to work with. My (now) husband and I knew from the moment we met him that he was the officiant for us. He is extremely organized (which really appealed to me) and he has a great personality and wonderful sense of humor. He was so accommodating and made the whole process very easy and stress free. He really took the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted in our ceremony. He responded to emails promptly ( which I greatly appreciated, anyone planning a wedding knows how hard it is to get responses from people). On the day of our wedding Richard performed a beautiful ceremony. I would absolutely recommend him. If you're looking for someone to perform a beautiful ceremony who is personable and easy to work with, Richard is the man for you!

Sent on 06/17/2013

Allie · Married on 06/08/2013

I have nothing but WONDERFUL things to say about Rev. Richard Cash! I received so many compliments on our ceremony and that is due to the great job that Richard did. He really takes the time to understand what each couple is looking for in a ceremony and is just a genuinely nice guy. He made us feel so comfortable from the moment we met him. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/08/2013

Richard was a joy to work with. As we planned our ceremony, he was professional, organized and very flexible (officiating on Memorial Day for us). He replied to emails quickly and he even offered extra guidance as we applied for our license.

On the day of the ceremony Richard arrived early and made our family feel welcome and at ease. His warm demeanor and lightheartedness kept everyone engaged and smiling throughout the day.

Richard was so wonderful- I don't know what we would have done without him! I'd absolutely recommend him to all my friends.

Sent on 05/28/2013

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2013

Reverend Cash was more than we dreamed of! From our first meeting with him he was incredibly comforting, friendly, and caring. He was thorough, laying out all of the confusing paperwork for our marriage license for us and giving us ample samples of ceremonies and readings. He kept the ceremony running smoothly and delivered it was a fun but classic ease.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Emily · Married on 05/18/2013

From the moment we met Rev. Cash we felt comfortable. He worked with us to design a special and personal ceremony and was a pleasure to work with. We highly recommend him to others looking for an officiant for their ceremony.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Richard is the BEST. After meeting with a couple other officiants during the planning process, we hands down knew we wanted Richard to be there on our wedding day. Richard stood out from the other officiants we met with because he took the time to get to know us and understand what we wanted out of our ceremony - even before we booked him. He didn't treat us as a number or as just another couple and that meant a lot to us. He married my husband and I on May 18th and did a great job. He was one of the few vendors who did not create additional stress for me. He is organized and professional, and responds to emails very quickly. Plus, he is friendly, funny and easy to get along with. Even my bridal party and family loved him and said - "we get why you wanted him." Thank you Richard for making our ceremony so special!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2013

Richard was so great to work with! We met with him and decided to book him for our wedding the very next day. He was extremely organized and responsive throughout the whole process. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful and really reflected us as a couple.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Kayleigh · Married on 03/17/2013

Reverend Cash was amazing through out the whole wedding planning process. He helped us along our first meeting by answering questions and providing a plethora of example ceremonies to look through- we really had no idea where to start, so that alone earns a gold star. Going back and forth via email over the next few months, we were able to create a draft script that covered the traditional needs and the right emotional tone, all along making sure that the ceremony was unique to us, including two personal vowels, and a reading from a groomsmen.

When we ran into some trouble trying to get a marriage license due to the waiting period, he offered to drive out and meet us at the county clerks office, just to make sure we would be able to get married. Once that was all taken care of, and we successfully made it to the rehearsal date, he met us at the venue and kept things quick, simple, and easy to understand for the wedding party. He was quick to pick up on family dynamics, and clearly tailored his process and explanations to our specific needs. Giving subtle cues throughout the ceremony, and even making light of a few mishaps in a way that made it all okay, he was able to lead us through from beginning to end with a true professional air. Richard was truly able to connect with us as people, and gave us a ceremony to remember fondly for decades to come.

Sent on 03/22/2013

I am not using Reverend Cash as the officiant for my wedding, but the minimal experience I have had with him was wonderful. I emailed him to inquire about officiating at my wedding, and he emailed me back within a few hours. Unfortunately, he was not available, but he went out of his way to provide me with recommendations for other officiants in my area. Not only did he do this, but then he followed up with me a few days later to check on my progress and offer more recommendations.
    I would imagine a person who goes that extra mile for someone he is not working with must go above and beyond for someone he IS working with. In my opinion, any couple who has the opportunity to use Reverend Cash as their officiant is incredibly lucky!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Richard Cash is an amazing wedding officiant! From our first meeting, he made me feel calm and was willing to help put together the most beautiful ceremony. He is super reliable, extremely friendly, and just easy to talk to during such a stressful time. Highly reccommend!!!

Sent on 11/20/2012

Summer · Married on 09/02/2012

By Far Our Favorite Vendor!!!! We received more compliments on our ceremony than we did with anything else! Guests came up to me and said, "I never cry at weddings, but yours was so beautiful! I couldn't help it!" Richard is such an amazing officiant and a fantastic person to boot! When we first met Richard we really didn't know what we wanted our ceremony to be and he emailed me many sample ceremonies, sample readings, and was always available to answer any of my questions. I have, and will continue to recommend him to anyone who asks for an extraordinary officiant!

Sent on 01/14/2013

Best officiant ever! Richard was so great! He listened to everything we wanted and tailored our ceremony to our style. He even gave us some ideas that we hadn't thought of and ended up using.
    He answered every email very quickly, and didn't have a problem with me nitpicking the ceremony.
    Everybody enjoyed him during the ceremony, and i have absolutely NO regrets!

Sent on 09/02/2012

With so many details of the wedding day focused on decorations and entertainment, it can be easy to forget that the ceremony is really the most important element for the bride and groom. This is what the whole day is really all about, and it's important to have an officiant that will make the day perfect. Rev. Cash was that man for our secular wedding.

As soon as we met him, we instantly felt comfortable. He talked to us about our relationship, what we envisioned for our ceremony, what we liked and didn't like, and a little bit of football. He allowed me to read through sample ceremonies to put together a program that met all my needs.

I wrote some parts of the ceremony and he stayed true to my words. Other sections of the ceremony were left up to Rev. Cash to take care of, and he has a real way with words. I loved every moment of the ceremony.

He ran the rehearsal with ease and brevity, making sure everyone was comfortable with where to stand and what to do. The day of the wedding, his casual demeanor helped me to feel reassured that this really would be the best day of my life.

He sent off our paperwork and confirmed everything with me by email. I highly recommend Rev. Cash.

Sent on 07/09/2012
  • Angel

Angel · Married on 06/08/2012

We struggled with the whole Catholic wedding thing. We are Catholic, although we don't go to church as often as we should....we considered gettting married in the church, but we wanted to get it done a lot sooner than would have been possible, and we haven't actually joined a parish. Once we settled on our outdoor wedding location, we started searching for officiant's. I was intrigued by this "underground" congregation of Catholic priests who have left the priesthood for various reason and are able to peform wedding ceremonies. Yes, I know, they still aren't legally recognized in the Catholic church, but it still helped ease our guilt on some level. We met a couple of them, but neither had the charisma that we found in Richard.
    Richard met with us on one of our trips to NJ. He was thorough, asking us questions about ourselves to get to know us better, asking us questions about what kind of ceremony we were looking for and guiding us along the way. He wasn't pushy at all. He followed up with a very thorough email outlining everything we chatted about should we decide to move forward with him. We were put at ease by his organization.
    We decided to move forward and Richard was very accomodating allowing me to change prayers, vows, readings, etc. to give us some sort of Catholic spin on the wedding. He was also very gracious in humoring us with some quirky requests...including adding a "Just Married" parasol to block the first kiss from our guests (a small joke) as well as explaining to our guests why a cardboard cutout of Elvis was lurking in the background.
    The ceremony was beautiful and we would definitely recommend Richard.

Sent on 06/18/2012
  • User2024155 · 2+ years ago

Richard was wonderful. He was very prompt with returning emails. He knows what he's doing and it was extremely helpful for me - since I didn't know exactly what I was doing! Takes extremely good notes and remembered things I didn't even remember I told him! I was 100% satisfied

Sent on 07/01/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/19/2012

We used Richard for our Mid-May wedding this year. I found him online among a few others and we met up with him at a central location to get to know one another. Richard made us immediately feel at ease and comfortable with him. He explained all of the process to us and didn't pressure us into going with him. In fact, he just gave us his forms and a self-mailing envelope to return should we wish to choose him. We made it simple on everyone and signed right then and there!

Not that we don't think they aren't vital to a wedding, but we weren't looking to pay $750-$1000+ that some officiants were looking for. Our ceremony was only 15 minutes long and we were sticking pretty traditional. Richard was one of the most reasonably priced officiants we found. After we left our meeting, he sent us over dozens of sample ceremonies to review. Over the next few months we kept changing our mind about number of readings, whether to have our parents involved in the ceremony, etc. and Richard was there every step of the way offering advice and help us keep revising our piece.

Overall he was a great addition to our wedding and we'd highly recommend him to anyone looking!

Sent on 07/20/2012

Vanessa · Married on 02/18/2012

Richard is a true gem when it comes to wedding officiants! He is wonderfully warm and personable. He is flexible, tolerant, and open minded, and creates absolutely beautiful, heart-warming, and personalized ceremonies to reflect you and your significant other's personal story and meaning, so that you wind up with a ceremony that is not cookie-cutter, and which truly reflects the essence of who you are and what's important to you as a couple. He is enthusiastic, a true collaborator, loves having your input yet is also happy to write things for you if you want him to, and does a beautiful job of creating ceremonies that both bring laughter to your hearts and tears to your eyes...all in the right moments. Guests have been raving to us about how much they loved the ceremony, and how much more meaningful it was than many other ceremonies they have attended. They also frequently commet "it so beautifully captured who you guys are." If you're looking for someone to marry you who will give you a personalized service and who you will also simply enjoy being with, and whom you will feel privileged to have found and to have had the opportunity to marry you, Richard is your guy. He is wonderful, all around.

Sent on 02/22/2012

Jean · Married on 11/18/2011

Listened to what we wanted and gave us exactly that. He was very professional and really nice and warm and friendly.

Sent on 11/29/2011
  • F

Friederike · Married on 10/21/2011

When I first found Richard Cash's website on the internet, I was pleasantly surprised at his no-frills but very sincere approach. When we met him for the first time, I was relieved to find that his website reflects his personae very well. He was very organized and on top of things, and at the same time genuinely interested in us as a couple and our story. We already had a poem and song in mind for the ceremony which he integrated beautifully. Knowing he would perform the ceremony meant I wasn't nervous at all, because I knew he'd have everything under control, yet it was very clear it was our "show" and not his. The ceremony was like a custom-tailored suit, it fit perfectly.

Sent on 11/03/2011

Linda · Married on 09/24/2011

Rev. Richard Cash made our wedding truly unforgettable. He was by my side every step of the way. He put everything that I wanted into the ceremony. He sat with me and conversed with me through e-mails and addressed all my questions and concerns. He made me feel very comfortable while I was getting a little chocked up saying my vows. He even had tissues for me because I warned him ahead of time that I would be crying my eyes out!!! Thank you Rev. Richard Cash for making my day a special one!!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Marian · Married on 08/21/2011

Richard was great and easy to work with. He was able to accommodate our budget and was very pleasant on our wedding day. He came early and worked well with our wedding party! I would definitely recommend Richard to anyone!

Sent on 03/11/2012