Richard Cash, Officiant Reviews

108 | Bridgewater, NJ

108 Reviews for Richard Cash, Officiant

Jessica Bush · Married on 07/26/2019

Book richard cash!

Look no further for your wedding officiant - Richard Cash is the best of the best! My husband and I found Richard on The Knot - we emailed him and expressed our interest and he responded very quickly. He set up a place for us to meet mid-way between our house and his which was extremely convenient. Richard was genuinely interested in getting to know us as a couple and what we wanted in our ceremony. By the end of our meeting we were ready to book him.

Throughout the entire planning process, Richard responded promptly to questions we had regarding the license process. He broke down the directions for us and made it so easy. He provided us with the addresses, phone numbers, and everything we would need to secure a license. He even sent us emails to remind us!

Richard also emailed back and forth to make sure the ceremony outline was perfect. Not only did he use information he gathered from our meeting, but he did his own research on our Knot Wedding Website.

When the big day arrived, our rehearsal was starting a bit later than it was supposed to, but Richard handled it like a professional. He ran us through everything we needed as quickly as possible, putting us at ease that everything would go smoothly.

Richard's ceremony was everything we wanted and more - funny, light-hearted, romantic - it was US! Richard conducted every part of the ceremony like the seasoned professional that he is - even our LoveLocks ceremony with our parents which he had never done before. Our guests told us over and over how beautiful our ceremony was.

We are so very grateful that we chose Richard Cash as our officiant. Richard will take the time to get to know you as a couple, what your vision for your ceremony is, and he will DELIVER!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Reading your review brought back the afternoon in vivid detail - thanks for posting it. Your ceremony was so much fun and I'm not surprised that guests were intrigued by the Love Locks ceremony with your parents. I always appreciate when couple's come up with an idea that stamps their ceremony as unique and memorable.

Kirsten Ciano · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly Recommended!!!

My husband and I reached out to Mr. Richard Cash approximately three weeks before our wedding date. It was an unplanned, last minute, small family wedding in a park near where we live. Richard responded to my email the next day saying he was available and willing to work with whatever we threw at him. On top of him being so responsive to all of our emails and questions he explained everything we had to do step by step and his service is amazing. Such a nice personality and takes this job very seriously. He includes everything you want him to say and makes sure everything is done the way the bride and groom want. My husband and I are more than happy to say that he is the reason our day turned out so special. Mr. Richard Cash is highly recommended by us and we will be using him in a few years for our bigger ceremony.
    Kirsten and Dominick Ciano

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Elana

Elana · Married on 06/02/2019

Great guy!

Richard was wonderful! He was so efficient in planning our ceremony. He checked on us throughout the months to make sure we were okay in the planning process. I was a nervous wreck prior to the ceremony and Richard said just the right things to calm me down. We HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 06/15/2019

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Elana, you may have been nervous but you and Jason still nailed your personal vows to each other. I still laugh when I think about your son picking up the rose petals throughout the ceremony - a great way to keep a 2-year old occupied. Thanks for posting your review.
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 05/26/2019

Choose Richard Cash! He is excellent!

We feel so lucky to have found Richard Cash to be our officiant for our MDW wedding at Rutherfurd Hall. He is a preferred vendor at David’s Country Inn and upon going to his website and viewing the various types of ceremonies he constructs and listening to his speaking voice, we knew he was the right guy to marry us! Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Richard did an excellent job checking in with us and helping us create a truly custom wedding ceremony, which is something we deeply appreciate. All along he encouraged us to write personal vows which we did and in addition to the beautiful words Richard spoke about marriage, it made our ceremony very personal and touching. Richard also did a great job making us feel comfortable when we arrived explaining how we’d walk out and where we would stand, we didn’t do a rehearsal and with his guidance, we really didn’t need to! Additionally, we not only received many compliments about the wording of the ceremony itself but also compliments about how well Richard would place himself out of the view of the cameras for our kiss. Richard Cash is a wonderful person and officiant, we highly recommend him! Thank you, Richard!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Alison & Rich, It was about as close to a perfect afternoon as we could have hoped for, especially when the sun was behind the clouds. You're right about your personal vows making the ceremony even more personal and touching - I'm sure your guests enjoyed hearing your promises to each other. Hugs to both for much happiness.
  • Matt

Matt Weinbaum · Married on 05/11/2019

Richard Made Our Wedding Ceremony!

Richard was beyond incredible. He was so accommodating and made my wife and I so comfortable during the whole process, from planning the wedding ceremony to applying for the wedding license. He made us feel so calm on the big day even when we were nervous. Richard added something so positive to our wedding and we could not imagine our big day without him. Thank you for everything Richard!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Hey Matt and Christie, Thanks for the great review. I was so happy (and relieved) that your ceremony came off with no glitches considering we had so many moving pieces - Stefana, breaking the glass, the Kiddush blessing, etc. But, everyone knew what had to be done and when to do it, so our team effort pulled off a home run!
  • F

Francina Sanchez · Married on 04/12/2019

I had an amazing experience

Words can not describe how grateful I’m for having Richard as my officiant. Later in time When I look at my wedding pictures or wedding video
    I will always have an smile when I see his face. He was great so prepared, very organized and extremely helpful. If you are out there looking for the Perfect officiant Richard is the right one❤️.

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Maggie

Maggie · Married on 11/03/2018

Richard makes you feel like you've known him forever!

Our experience with Richard was perfect! He is a skilled officiant who has done many weddings. He knows exactly what he is doing. We had not known Richard before finding him on Wedding Wire, but he really took the time to get to know us. Richard offered numerous examples of ceremonies and helped us create a personalized, fun ceremony. On the day of the ceremony, his delivery was perfect. Everyone loved him! He was also super helpful with questions about the marriage license paperwork!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

I loved how everyone was having so much fun during your ceremony. You have to admit, it was very funny when I was telling everyone how you and Jesse went on many double dates, just not with each other! XO

Michele Levin · Married on 10/13/2018

Beautiful ceremony. Perfect.

Richard married my husband and I on 10/13/18- we had a very small ceremony with the intention of it being very intimate. From day 1 Richard was incredibly thoughtful, helpful, professional and delivered a beautiful ceremony. Never asked for a review... highly highly recommend him. Thank you!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Michele & John, Thanks for posting your sweet review and for bringing back such fond memories of your October wedding - truly one of the most intimate ceremonies I've been part of in a long time. XO, Richard
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

Richard was the best! He was the first person we contacted for an officiant after watching him at another wedding we attended. He made sure we had everything for our marriage license and had all the info on how to do so. He created the best ceremony and incorporated so many things that were important to us as well as lighting the mood during the ceremony so we were a little more relaxed. He was such an amazing part of our special day and were so glad he was our officiant!

Sent on 09/22/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/21/2018

Sent on 09/22/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2018

Richard was the perfect officiant for our wedding and we could not possibly thank him enough! We were looking for a very open-minded and non-religious officiant for our ceremony who would make a romantic ceremony focused on the two of us as a couple. Having been to many weddings, we were weary of the over-the-top officiants who make wedding ceremonies too informal for our taste. When we met with Richard and explained the type of theme and feeling we were going for, he immediately understood and provided us great examples of readings and ceremony outlines to help us customize something that would work best for us. He was extremely prompt, responsive, detail oriented, and overall SO helpful in preparing for our ceremony, and on our wedding day, he officiated the ceremony of our dreams for us. We had so many guests tell us that our ceremony was the most touching one they have seen. Richard is a true professional with a fun personality who will make you feel comfortable and is someone who you know you can trust to deliver your perfect wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/18/2018

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO - love you both and thanks for the heartfelt review.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/22/2018

From the first moment I met with Reverend Cash, I knew that he would be the perfect fit for the wedding, he was so personable, friendly, and knowledgeable. Although we canceled our wedding 3 weeks before the date, up until that point Reverend Richard Cash was right there to help us along the way. From our meeting last July, where he handed me two copies of the contract, information about applying for, picking up, and filing a Marriage License. (When we did apply for a license the clerk was so impressed that I knew the details, to which I showed her Reverend Cash's paper). After we sent him our signed contract, we got to work on the details of the ceremony, and no detail was too small! My Mother, Maid of Honor, and I had a few word changes, which were no problem for the Reverend. Had we not called off the wedding, I'm sure that he would have done an amazing job!

Sent on 06/22/2015

Matt · Married on 03/29/2018

If he’s available, BOOK HIM!!!

Richard is the absolute best. My wife and I live in MD, but got married in NJ. We met with him once in person, and multiple times via FaceTime or Skype. He was responsive, attentive, always available, and always willing to work with our schedules. We did a majority of the communicating the last 3-4 months leading up to the wedding and my wife and I, and our parents constantly made tweaks to the ceremony, and Richard could not have handled the constant changes with more grace or patience lol. He’s the absolute best. On the actual day of we had countless guests comment on what a fine job Richard had done. Everyone was pleased and so were we. He also took care of filing the marriage application and held our hands through the entire application and approval process for that as well. If he’s available for your big day, book him immediately!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Hey Matt, I'm not someone that generally blushes, but your super kind review made my cheeks warm. I had such a great time marrying you and Melissa. Your families and bridal party were all very warm and welcoming, which helps me. As you saw when I almost hit Melissa with the mic, I also do get nervous because I always want to hit a home run - I did with the two of you!!

Rachel · Married on 03/16/2018

Richard was a pleasure to have as our ceremony officiant. We first met with him near our home and spent almost two hours chatting and getting to know each other a year prior to our wedding. He was readily available for any questions and last minute tweaks to our ceremony. He provided lots of guidance as far as how to structure the ceremony which was very helpful. The ceremony itself was beautiful and also lighthearted with a few jokes - exactly what we wanted. We both thought we would be nervous standing in front of everyone during the ceremony but Richard's demeanor and delivery helped us to enjoy every second of it. Thank you!!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the review Rachel. Your ceremony was so much fun. I think your personal vows to each other were definitely a highlight and the Love Letter and Wine Box Ceremony was something that many people had never seen. Your guests were definitely excited about you and Devan getting married. XO

Semere · Married on 02/24/2018

Richard was amazing! Very professional. During my reception I had couples asking me for his information. He listened to everything we wanted and gave us that and more.

Sent on 03/17/2018

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Thanks for the sweet words. I never know how a ceremony is going to turn out until it's actually happening and yours was intimate and funny, simple and sweet. I think everyone knew exactly what I meant when I brought up the challenge of having a 2-year old. BTW, your daughter looked adorable. XO

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

Richard officiated our wedding this past Sunday and did a wonderful job! He was very prepared and created a beautiful ceremony for us. He had prepared us with all the information we needed to get our marriage license and pick it up afterward. I highly recommend Richard for officiating your ceremony! :-)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 10/21/2017

Richard officiated our wedding in October. Prior to the wedding date we had a first meeting to review our vision for the ceremony, the contract and details around getting the marriage license. Richard is very organized and made each step of the process seamless.

On our wedding day, my husband was ill and Richard stepped in and suggested we sit through the ceremony rather than stand. He even reorganized the ceremony chairs to accommodate this. I believe had he not made the suggestion then the ceremony would not have gone as smoothly as it did and we wouldn’t have been as comfortable as we were.

We highly recommend Richard. Not only is he a professional officiant but he’s an overall wonderful person.

Sent on 11/20/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Jackie, Thanks for your review. I'm sure that if I hadn't recommended that you and Graham sit for the ceremony, he would have collapsed on the floor. I've never had a groom (or bride) as sick as he was right before the ceremony and I'm so happy we were able to get both of you through it and make sure you said "I do"!

Anne · Married on 10/14/2017

Richard Cash did an amazing job officiating our ceremony. He was super professional and very personable. We had a small backyard wedding and only had about 10 guest and everyone loved Mr. Cash. I would highly recommend him :)

Sent on 10/17/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Your backyard wedding was incredibly warm and intimate and I was happy to be part of the wonderful energy. Thanks for taking the time to post your kind words. :)

Gwen · Married on 08/05/2017

Finding an officiant was tricky, but we are so thrilled we came across Richard in our search! He was just so lovely to work with, extremely responsive and provided so much fabulous advice along the way! He was so supportive of our customized ceremony and provided guidance every step of the way! I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

The weather was perfect on your wedding day, you were both glowing, your guests were super-excited and they loved how I told your personal story, which made it even more fabulous. XOXO

Kathleen · Married on 07/28/2017

Richard did an excellent job performing my wedding ceremony. He is personable and professional. It was a pleasure working with him and I highly recommend him as a wedding officiant!!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Amber · Married on 07/08/2017

Richard was the perfect pick for our special day! My husband and I got to select/customize our ceremony which was a really nice touch. We got so many comments on how beautiful our ceremony was. Richard is timely, flexible, and has a great personality that is easy to get along with. He even makes sure you know how to get all the licenses and everything that you'll need.

Sent on 08/14/2017
  • Z

Zack · Married on 07/02/2017

Richard Cash was absolutely amazing for our special day! He goes above and beyond throughout the entire experience and could not have been more helpful. Talk about meeting someone and just feeling like you've known this person for years, that's Richard! His calm demeanor and attention to every detail really shows how much he cares about the work he does. We were able to communicate with ease through email, phone, or Skype. He also did not laugh at us when we told him about the special "beer joining" ceremony that we wanted to perform! If you're looking for a wonderful Officiant, look no further than Richard! Thanks again for making our day so special :) Highly Recommended!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

Zack, Actually, I think I did laugh when you brought up the "loving beer cup" ceremony - but I was laughing with you and Capri because I thought it was such a unique and original idea. And, we pulled if of flawlessly, much to the amazement of all your guests. :)

Jill · Married on 07/01/2017

We met with only one officiant, and it was Richard! He made the whole process so easy, from our first meeting up till the wedding ceremony. He worked with us to create a special and unique wedding ceremony that reflected us as a couple. Richard also spent the time to get to know us as individuals, and as a couple, which was evident during our first meeting and then displayed during the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better officiant! During our outdoor ceremony the skies turned threatening, and instead of skipping parts of the ceremony that Richard knew would be important to us, he just quickened the pace of events so nothing was cut out or lost. Richard is so wonderful and easy to work with. We highly recommend him as your wedding officiant!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Richard Cash, Officiant's reply:

The threatening skies didn't "dampen" anyone's excitement as evidenced by all the cheering at the end of the ceremony and the sprint to get inside.

katie · Married on 06/24/2017

Richard was great! He was so helpful and made everything very easy! He was also great on the wedding day! I
    couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/01/2017

My husband and I knew from our first Skype meeting with Richard Cash that he would be the perfect officiant for our wedding. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, Richard was very easy to work with and personable. He really got to know us as a couple and helped us create a ceremony that fit us, which ended up turning out so beautifully. We couldn't imagine having anyone else officiate our wedding.

Sent on 04/15/2017