Rhythm of Love Reviews

Rhythm of Love 7
  • Ricky

Ricky Schumaker · Getting married on 03/21/2020

Professional Excitement

Seth did a great job in our meeting of laying out his vision for our day and also a great job of showing enthusiasm. He showed that not only was he experienced, but he will be all-in on our big day. Through his answers he portrayed an attention to details and also a flexibility to help us be as efficient as possible with our time on our day. We are excited to work with him!

Sent on 03/22/2019

Ricky,
    It was such a pleasure meeting with you and I'm so happy you booked me! We're going to have the best day ever! Next March can't come fast enough!!

Beverly · Married on 09/21/2019

Seth is the best around!

Seth was absolutely AMAZING! He went above and beyond for us and knowing some struggles we were facing with my sick father, he came to OUR house, after hours, for our first meeting. From the moment he shared his passion of DJ entertainment, we knew he was the one! He has a very special talent and we couldn't have asked for anything more. I highly recommend Seth for any and all DJ services. HE'S THE BEST AROUND!!!!!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Beverly,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! It always means the world to me to hear that everyone had so much fun! The day was perfect and we had a serious dance party!! I'm so happy for you and Josh, and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing DJ

We loved Seth and could not recommend him more. We did not give him a specific playlist, we just gave him a few highlights and he created a wonderful atmosphere and dance party. He was not too loud and guests were able to both enjoy talking and dancing. He was able to play some more obscure foreign songs for us, and our guests loved it. He was 100% behind us performing a song for our guests and did a great job resuring us and helping us feel supported with audio and technical aspects. He worked well with our videographer and hooked them up to the audio so our performance video is awesome. During the night he did not overdo his role. He remained professional but fun, guiding the evening perfectly.
    Furthermore, he was one of the few DJs we spoke to that didn't try to sell us on extras like lighting sns speakers, because he was familiar with our venu and knee what was necessary snd what was not.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Alexandra,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! We had such an amazing day! I was so impressed, as were all your guests, by your live musical performance! It was absolutely perfect! Thank you for all the kind words! I truly had so much fun celebrating with you and your family! I'm so happy for you and Lucas and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!
  • Meghan

Meghan Beardsley · Married on 06/02/2019

Rhythm of Love made the day amazing

First impressions: I met Seth and one of his co-workers at a wedding show in Richmond last summer (2018). After having met multiple DJs that day, I was worried I wouldn't find one that would fit our needs. Every DJ was nice enough, but kept trying to push their image of what wedding reception music should be on me, instead of asking me what I would enjoy. I do not really enjoy contemporary music. Seth did something different. He asked me what I wanted, and more importantly he heard me. His personality and professionalism at this event was wonderful.

Meetings between wedding show and our wedding: Seth made every courtesy to meet fiance and myself at convenient times which can be a challenge as my fiance works the night shift. Every meeting was like speaking to a friend who not only listened to both of our requests, but worked within those parameters to achieve a music list catered to our needs.

Wedding: Seth was prompt, stealthy (nobody realized he'd even come in and set up), and organized. We booked him for cocktail hour and reception music only as my friend played his cello for the ceremony as a gift. I did not experience the cocktail hour music as I was outside on the wedding venue property, but I received compliments from random guests on the song choice and volume. Apparently, these guests have been to other weddings where they felt assaulted with sound, and were appreciative of the change at ours.

Seth was respectful to my entire wedding party ensuring he pronounced all of our names correctly, and more importantly checking with me (the bride) about what I would like to be called (as I am not taking my husband's last name). After our wedding party entrance, Seth continued to impress by taking my wish that movie trivia be asked as a method of selecting which tables go to get food at the buffet. I also appreciated the fact that while everyone was sitting down and eating that I could actually speak to people and hear the music simultaneously without feeling I had to scream. I have been too far too many weddings where this was not the case and it made for a miserable time, so Seth earned A LOT of brownie points with my guests any myself.

Seth also proved to be an effective emcee. He guided us all through the evening when the rest of us had forgotten the order of things. More importantly, when there was a weather emergency that would affect the final event of the evening (a movie outside), Seth jumped into "fix it" mode and altered the schedule in a way that we got to experience everything we wanted and avoided some potentially awful weather as well.

Basically, Rhythm of Love and Seth made our wedding wonderful.
    I highly recommend this company for any DJ/emcee needs that you may need.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Meghan,
    I can't thank you enough for this incredible review! You have no idea how much it means to me to hear how happy everyone was! It was seriously so much fun to hear about your ideas, then see the movie theme come to life! I enjoyed every second of your wedding day so much and you can really tell you have an incredible group of family and friends! Ending the night with an outdoor, drive in style movie screening of the original Jurassic Park...was the most incredible personal touch! I'm so incredibly happy for you and Jonathan, and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!!
  • Quinn

Quinn · Married on 06/01/2019

Seth is amazing!

We had the best experience working with Rhythm of Love. Seth was our DJ and was so incredibly easy to work with! He was very professional, organized, and definitely knows his stuff. He even stepped in at the last minute and saved the day when we realized we didn't have the microphones we needed for our ceremony. Once the reception started, my only complaint is that I couldn't get off the dance floor! Seth played the best party songs ever and did an amazing job reading the room and knowing what to play next. He had everyone out of their seat!
    Other great things he did include altering both the mother/son dance and the father/daughter dance to make them a bit shorter as we requested (he did a perfect job!) and helping us come up with a timeline that worked for us and keeping the timeline in check! Seth was incredible and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants a fun dance party for their wedding!

Sent on 08/14/2019

Quinn,
    Thank you so much for this incredible review! I loved working with you on all the special details and seeing your dream come to life! From your beautiful outdoor ceremony with the live musicians, to your speeches which didn't leave a dry eye in the room, and to our epic dance party...it truly was a perfect day! Thank you again for all the kind words and I wish you and Joe a long and happy marriage!
  • Laura

Laura Edwards · Married on 05/26/2019

Fun Wedding for 3 generations of friends and family

Robert went out of his way to make sure that all of our guests had fun at our reception and played favorites that suited our wide range of ages. He helped us plan all of our special dances and made sure everything stayed on track. Would highly recommend his DJ services.

Sent on 08/14/2019

Laura,
    It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! From your beautiful outdoor ceremony to the last song, we had an incredible day! Thank you so much for all the kind words, and I'm so happy for you and Brian!
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 05/25/2019

Master Curator of Excellent Vibes

From the get go, I knew that Seth and Rhythm of Love were going to be a great addition to our wedding day! I had known Seth for a few years beforehand, since he and my brother are close friends, so I knew I could count on him (and man, did he KILL it!). During the ceremony, he handled all of our sound equipment needs, and even set up our live stream for our loved ones who couldn't make it to the wedding. During cocktail hour and our reception, he kept a steady stream of folks out on the dance floor, and curated a vibe that people are STILL talking about! He even played along with my idea for my father/daughter dance, in which, we pretended my dad was "missing." It was hilarious and well received! His dance floor lighting also made the reception extra special! Seth is truly one of a kind, and he will go the extra mile to make sure your day is special! Do yourself a favor and HIRE HIM AND HIS TEAM!!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Laura,
    Thank you SO much for the amazing review! Your wedding was truly incredible! The father/daughter dance we surprised everyone with was one for the books! Your dad is hysterical!! Everyone was so much fun and we had a serious dance party! I'm so happy we because friends over the years and you chose me to be a part of your special day! Thank you again for all the kind words, and I wish you and Jon a long and happy marriage!

Nathan · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing. Robert Duffy was so helpful!

Easy to meet with. Responsive on emails and phone calls. Worked really well with a playlist we already had in mind.

Knew how to keep the dance party going! Highly recommend him and the company. Thanks.

Sent on 06/02/2019

Nathan,
    I can't say enough about how much fun we had! It was so great planning everything with you and then seeing it all come to life! Thank you very much for all the kind words and the amazing review!

lauren · Married on 05/25/2019

Awesome DJ!

If you want someone who knows how to read a room and get the party started, Kenny is your guy! He knew all the right songs to play to make our wedding perfect. We were having such a great time, we asked him to stay for an extra hour!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Lauren,
    We were having so much fun we didn't want to the party to end! I really appreciate the amazing review! Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your special day!
    -Kenny Barnes

Noelle Thomas · Married on 05/18/2019

Robert was very friendly and reliable.

I would recommend him for sure. Great, friendly and reliable!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Noelle,
    Thank you for the amazing review! We had such a fun day and your special family dance was incredible! I'm so happy for you and James, and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!

Daniel and Jordan · Married on 05/11/2019

Superior MC Services

RoL’s staff are superb - all of our wedding music, announcements, and miscellaneous MC needs were met with smiles and care for attention to detail.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Daniel and Jordan,
    Thank you very much! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! All the special touches you planned were incredible and I'm so happy you chose me to help you celebrate!
    -Kenny Barnes
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 05/04/2019

Seth was the perfect DJ

It's hard to say enough good things about our experience using Seth as our DJ. He made our wedding at the VMFA absolutely perfect, from his infectious enthusiasm about the event to his attention to detail for our playlist and music preferences to his expert (but unobtrusive) emceeing of the event itself. Seth is the ideal combination of professional and personable, and we can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Brian,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review! It always means so much to me to hear your wedding day was perfect! It was so much fun planning and preparing for your big day with you too! The VMFA is such a beautiful venue and I'm so happy you let me be a part of your wedding! I wish you and Dana a long and happy marriage!
  • Magdalen

Magdalen · Married on 04/20/2019

Personalized + Great Music + Fun Times Had By All

I highly recommend Seth. He was so friendly and easy to work with, the music selection was perfect for our group and everyone was on the dance floor. He listened to all of our requests from start to finish. He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour (that also had a New Orleans style second line band), introduced the wedding party in an NBA-style format (at our request) and even mixed our first dance song. He incorporated all of the personal touches we requested and gave great music recommendations as well. Guests commented that they loved the DJ! There's no DJ cheesiness here with him; simply great music and a great time to be had by all.

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Rhythm of Love 17
    Rhythm of Love 18

Maggie,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! There were so many highlights to your wedding day, but I have to say the New Orleans style line band playing everyone into the reception was incredible! I also loved the NBA style entrance idea, it was so much fun! Thank you so much for all the kind words as it truly means the world to me! Thank you again for letting me be a part of your amazing wedding day, and I wish you and Stephen a long and happy marriage!
  • Hillary

Hillary · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely would use again and again!

Seth was so easy to work with! He first wanted to understand US and our music preferences which I thought was huge. We set a vibe that we were looking for and went from there. Seth was so patient with me (the bride) as I waited until the Friday before our wedding to pick the song I’d walk down the aisle to! (Thank you!). My groom also wanted to keep our first dance song a secret and Seth helped him make that big decision.

Sent on 08/13/2019

Hillary,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review! It was such a pleasure planning your big day and seeing all the little details come to life at Dover Hall! From your gorgeous outdoor ceremony, incredible dance party, to your sparkler sendoff...it couldn't have been any better! I'm so happy for you and Kevin and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!
  • Morgan

Morgan dePaulo · Married on 03/30/2019

Best DJ in Richmond

Our DJ selection was very important to us, as my husband and I had been to weddings where the DJ ruined the night. Seth was fantastic- all the way from ceremony through the reception! He played the music we selected and added some personal, but appropriate, songs in through the night. Guests have commented that Seth made our reception unforgettable! Everyone danced all night! We would book Seth, and only Seth, for any future events in Richmond!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Morgan,
    Wow! Thank you so much for the incredible review! It always means so much to me to hear that not only you, but also your guests enjoyed the evening so much! It truly is a labor of love, and hearing you say everything was perfect really means a lot to me! Thank you again for letting me be a part of your incredible day, and I wish you and Josh a long and happy marriage!

Katy Olney · Married on 03/23/2019

We love Rhythm of Love! 20 out of 10

Seth was beyond incredible. Just right after marrying my husband, the dance party was the most important part of the wedding day. Seth was responsive and enthusiastic about our day. The music was well paced and he played our favorites. He was also a great MC for the night. My husband and I still get chills thinking about how much fun we had dancing on our wedding day!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Katy,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding! Your venue was beautiful and we had the perfect day! You're not kidding about the dance party, it was epic! I can't say enough about your last song choice again, it was PERFECT! I'm so happy for you and Joe, and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!
  • Katina

Katina · Married on 03/16/2019

Dance Party!

Seth with Rhythem of Love was the DJ for our wedding. He was the best! So easy to work with and definitely took our wants/needs into consideration. From pre ceremony music to the dance after after dinner, he had it all covered!! Arrived on time and had everything set up! I never had to worry with him. Everyone had a blast dancing the night way and didn’t want the party to end! Would highly recommend him for any event! He goes above and beyond, extremely kind and genuinely cares and wants your event to be the best yet! He definitely makes you feel like it’s your special day and he’s excited to be apart of it.

Sent on 04/05/2019
    Rhythm of Love 19
    Rhythm of Love 20
    Rhythm of Love 21

Katina,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review! Every single part of the day was perfect! From your beautiful outdoor ceremony to the final sparkler sendoff, the day could not have been any better! It always means so much to me to hear that everything was perfect! Thank you again for the kind words, and I wish you and Nick a long and happy marriage! Cheers!

Travis Jones · Married on 12/31/2018

DJ Duffy Nailed It

From our original discussion with Seth to the big day with DJ Robert Duffy, our experience with Rhythm of Love was excellent. Duffy was very easy to work with, and did a wonderful job of taking some of the Spotify playlists we sent him and turning our New Year's Eve wedding into the New Year's Eve party we dreamed about. Music and event flow is so critical to a wedding and we are so happy we went with Rhythm of Love. You will be you did too.

Sent on 01/14/2019

Travis,
    It was so much fun ringing in the New Year with you! Thank you so much for the amazing review! I appreciate all the kind words and I'm so happy everyone had such a great time! It was the perfect way to end 2018 and I wish you and Deanna a long and happy marriage!

Sarah Nolan · Married on 12/28/2018

All-around best choice

Seth was incredibly professional, flexible, and most of all, fun! He even created a mix for a surprise dance during my father-daughter dance! Seth responded to all questions I had and made sure I was happy with all his services. Definitely the best choice!

Sent on 03/13/2019
    Rhythm of Love 22
    Rhythm of Love 23
    Rhythm of Love 24

Sarah,
    It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! The entire day was so much fun and I LOVED your father/daughter dance, and I know everyone else did too! Thank you so much for the amazing review and I wish you and Steve a long and happy marriage!

Kristen Rigsby · Married on 11/24/2018

Seth is the best!

Seth was recommended to us by our photographer, and boy am I so glad she introduced us! I knew he would be the perfect DJ for our wedding from our first initial phone call. Throughout the entire planning process Seth was super friendly, knowledgeable, and readily available. He was a wonderful announcer, and kept us running on schedule the entire day. I was stumped on what ceremony music I wanted, and he immediately had tons of AWESOME suggestions for me. My dad and I also wanted to do a fun choreographed dance medley, and Seth helped us put it together into one mp3 song, so my dad and I could practice exactly how it would be played during the reception (which turned out just perfect!!) Seth, we can't thank you enough for all of your hard work coordinating our wedding day from start to finish. Thanks for an unforgettable night!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kristen,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review! Your wedding day was incredible and I'm so happy you let me be a part of it! I'm also so happy Nicole Adele Photography referred us! Your photo's turned out so beautiful! Your choreographed Father & Daughter dance...just wow...you and your dad can really dance! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day and I wish you and Chris a long and happy marriage!
  • Danielle

Danielle El-Jor · Married on 11/10/2018

Seth is who you want to make your fairytale wedding a reality!

Seth brought everything and more to the dance floor for us! He not only had the young ones dancing the whole night away- but granny and pops were up there too! Couldn’t imagine our DJ being anyone else. I highly recommend Seth if you’re looking for a DJ! Book him up! He’s the BEST!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Danielle,

We really did have an incredible dance party! Thank you so much for the amazing review! It always means so much to me to hear everyone had such a good time! I want to thank you again for letting me be a part of your special day and I wish you and Ben a long and happy marriage!

Emily · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly Recommend

Seth was recommended to us by our photographer and when we met with Seth we knew within minutes that we wanted to book him, and didn't need to look anywhere else! Seth is extremely organized and very responsive to communication. Seth did everything perfectly --better than we could have ever imagined! He played all of the songs that we requested, and was responsive to changes that I made on the fly, during the reception. He was a wonderful MC and made sure to double check important details (pronouncing certain people's names correctly, etc.). He worked so well with our vendors. Literally everything I asked of him he never said "no" to -- He literally found a way to make anything and everything work for us to ensure that our day was amazing. We didn't have a single moment where there was no-one on the dance floor having a good time and we can absolutely thank Seth for that. I would recommend him a hundred times over to any bride/groom who is looking!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Emily,
    Thank you so much for the incredible review! It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! The weather was perfect, your family and friends were so much fun, and we had one serious dance party! I'm so happy for you and Chris!

Taylor · Married on 10/13/2018

Seth is amazing.

My husband and I basically just wanted our wedding to be an unforgettably awesome party. To achieve that, having a great DJ was an absolute necessity. We went through an 'interview' process with potential DJ's (many in the Richmond area are middle aged or older, which scared us a bit) and knew upon first meeting that Seth was the right guy for our wedding! We met with him a few times before the wedding; each encounter was fun and left us loving him even more. Come our wedding day, Seth killed it. We realized the DJ was the most important part; especially with the announcements, keeping the night rolling all while making it a great party for everyone. He was perfect and made my day perfect. I couldn’t imagine our wedding without him.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Taylor,
    Thank you so much for the amazing review! The entire day was incredible! From the ceremony music you chose, your amazing black wedding dress, to the serious dance party we had all night, the day was perfect! I'm so happy for you and Phillip!

Michelle · Married on 10/06/2018

Best DJ in Richmond!

I would absolutely recommend Seth and Rhythm of Love! Seth was so easy to work with throughout the wedding planning process. He is laid back but was able to keep our crowd dancing all night. Aside from obviously playing awesome music, what I appreciated most about Seth was his input in planning out ceremony and reception timeline. My husband and I had no idea what happened at when during the night, and Seth gave us a bunch of ideas. I’m so glad he did because everything worked out perfectly! We unfortunately didn’t have a lot of time to dance ourselves, but people were dancing all night long. Seth knows more about music than I could ever dream of knowing, so I know he would be a great DJ for any style wedding. Thank you, Seth, for making our wedding the most fun night we could have imagined!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Michelle,
    It was such a pleasure to be a part of your wedding day! We could not have asked for better weather and the evening was so much fun! I'm so happy for you and Michael and I wish you both a long and happy marriage!!