Rev. Arland Steen Reviews

Rev. Arland Steen 4
Rev. Arland Steen 5

Kat M. · Married on 10/27/2019

Santa Barbara Wedding

Rev. Arland Steen was a great addition to our wedding ceremony. He listened to what my husband and I wanted for the ceremony and made it happen! My husband is Russian and Filipino and I am Serbian, so to incorporate all traditions and rituals truly meant a lot to us. (Communion:Bread&Salt Ceremony, Unity Candle, Vows etc.) Rev. Arland did a great job and you can't beat his price for everything he provides! It was personal and traditional, which was everything we could have hoped for. Thank you Rev. Arland!! Definitely recommend!
    Best,
    Kat and Josh

Sent on 11/07/2019

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I truly enjoyed being a part of your day and appreciate the review!
    RevSteen

Don Matson · Married on 10/05/2019

Minister for backyard wedding

Rev. Steen gave us everything we wanted. He responded quickly to our questions. He customized our service from multiple, available starting points. Most importantly to us, he was adaptable to things that came up during the ceremony (my fault) to make it memorable. I fully recommend him to all.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Jonelle

Jonelle · Married on 09/14/2019

Great Communication

We hired Rev. Steen to officiate our wedding and even though he was based 3 hours away, he made it! This was great because we had looked for other officiants closer to our venue and they were all booked. Our vows were beautifully written and Rev. Steen was very keen to any changes we wanted. His communication with us was primarily over email which worked out great because he kept everything very detailed and his emails answered our questions before we even had any.
    When I look back and watch my wedding video, I just can’t get over how wonderful our ceremony was and the solemn meaning of our vows were so special.

Rev. Arland Steen 6
    Sent on 09/23/2019

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thank you for your review, Jonelle! It was a pleasure working with you and Jason to make a lifelong memory for you! I wish you the very best life has to offer!

christina · Married on 08/24/2019

Professional, courteous officiant.

Working with Rev. Arland Steen was a joy through and through! We went with a customized wedding package, and working through the details with Rev. Arland Steen was pain-free and the end result was memorable (in a great way).

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • I

Irene Borelli · Married on 08/18/2019

Best choice!

Arland Steen was the best choice possible for us at our wedding. He was on time and spoke wonderfully. He made sure to go over all the possible ceremony choices he provided as well as edit any parts we did and didn’t want. I would highly recommend him. 5 stars!!!

Rev. Arland Steen 7
    Sent on 08/27/2019

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

It was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your very special day! You were very easy to work with and I enjoyed every minute. I wish you the happiness you deserve!

River Shelton · Married on 07/12/2019

Excellent Experience!

It is very clear in my experience that Reverend Steen is a true professional. He was punctual, flexible, responsive, and delivered a beautiful ceremony. If you are stressed about everything else on your wedding day you can stress about one thing less knowing that you hired the best. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 12/12/2019

Alisa Togami · Married on 03/30/2019

Wonderful officiant!

Reverend Steen was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to end. He was easy to talk to, pleasant, helpful, flexible, warm and caring. We would happily recommend to him! Wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/05/2019

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure working with you! Your ceremony on the beach was very special to me!
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/01/2018

The Personalized Ceremony We Hoped For

Looking for someone to perform our wedding ceremony seemed like a daunting task since neither my husband nor I have any close ties to a particular church but we still wanted to have a minister/reverend.

We looked online at several choices and were excited about Reverend Arland Steen's promise of creating a personalized ceremony.

The questionnaire that Arland had us fill out was quite extensive but it allowed us to truly be able to give him an idea of us as individuals as well as a couple. This provided everything he needed to be able to draft a truly personal ceremony. He even sent us a copy well in advance of our wedding date and welcomed any input we had.

We then met with him in person and formed an immediate connection. His warm personality and ability to capture in words what is truly special and unique to my husband and my relationship solidified that Arland was the right choice.

During the rehearsal he made sure to go over all the details for how the ceremony would go and took away any stress related to submitting our marriage license.

The day of the wedding, the ceremony was perfect. My husband and I both had people coming up to us afterwards asking about Arland and telling us how much they enjoyed what he said as well as how the beautiful words were delivered.

We couldn't be happier and would definitely recommend Reverend Arland Steen!

Rev. Arland Steen 8
    Rev. Arland Steen 9
    Rev. Arland Steen 10
    Sent on 01/02/2019

Trina Morales · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful!!

Reverend Steen more than exceeded our expectations. He was professional, thoughtful, and very patient with us. He seemed vested in our marriage and warmly guided us thru the entire process. We highly recommend his services, he will not dissapoint!!

Sent on 11/23/2018

Giovanni · Married on 04/03/2018

Reverend Steen was very helpful with making our wedding happen so smoothly. As I don't intend to require his services again, all I can do is recommend him to anyone else.

Sent on 04/05/2018

Susan · Married on 06/16/2017

Reverend Steen is the real deal! if you are looking for someone so sincere, heartfelt, and warm to officiate your wedding this is the one for you. we had only met him one time, and in talking to us and communicating via email (this was a destination wedding) , he got such a great feel for who we are as a couple that the guests could not believe he hadn't know us for years. everyone told us our ceremony was absolutely beautiful. he worked with us on whatever we wanted and encouraged us to write our own vows(which we said we wanted to do!) but always took the pressure off by saying he always had backups! (we did end up writing our vows though...whew!). I cannot say enough good things about him! :) thank you Rev. steen for making our day so amazing! :)
    Susie and lance :)

Sent on 07/12/2017

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thank you, Susan, for such a nice review. Every wedding I get to officiate is special but I must say that probably due to your life stories, this one had such emotion, passion and support from your family and friends that I left the venue moved emotionally like I rarely am.

Michelle · Married on 03/29/2017

Rev. Steen was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding, and incredibly accommodating. He was helpful in also answering a ton of questions we had initially.

Sent on 04/04/2017

D · Married on 02/25/2017

Reverend Steen was so great and attentive to what we were looking for in the ceremony. He initially interviewed us to get a sense of us, our relationship, and different ceremony scripts to choose from.

On the big day, he arrived early and ready to go. It went perfectly thanks to Rev. Steen. Thanks.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Amy · Married on 01/28/2017

Rev Steen was amazing to work with! When we met with him in person for the first time, it was an experience and a moment that we will never forget! Not only did he make us realize we made the right choice by choosing him, but he made us realize how special and loving our fairytale is! Each and every guest loved our ceremony. They complimented how lovely the, "hand ceremony" was and how well-spoken Rev. Steen was! In addition, he entertained our guests and kept them intrigued! Lastly, he responded quickly to our emails, flexible, always on time, and was able to guide us through everything! I would definitely recommend him!!!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Amy, thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you and Joshua. Best wishes to your future!

Austin · Married on 10/16/2016

Pastor Steen officiated our wedding in Ventura, CA. We specifically wanted someone who could facilitate a Christ-centered ceremony. Pastor Steen did not disappoint. We highly encourage his services for anyone wanting a Christian ceremony.

Sent on 11/07/2016

Diane · Married on 09/17/2016

Rev. Steen was sensitive and did a lot of extra special favors for us. He is creative and customizes the service. I would highly recommend him!!!! Thank you Rev. Steen for making our wedding day very special.

Sent on 10/06/2016

Katya · Married on 07/16/2016

Reverend Steen was very helpful from the start. He wanted to know what our expectations were and how we pictured our ceremony to be like to make it special. He helped us with our wedding vows, which we both really liked and he also made us very comfortable. We got a lot of complements about how beautiful the ceremony was. We highly recommend Reverend Steen.

Sent on 07/27/2016

Julie · Married on 07/16/2016

My husband and I loved Rev. Steen. We ran into him at a wedding show and I am so happy we did. I was unsure who would marry us, we aren't religious so worried that we wouldn't have someone that would do the job the way we wanted it done. Arland did such a great job, the guests were misty eyed and we loved the ceremony he wrote from the first draft. He is so friendly and easy to work with it sure put my mind at ease.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Christina · Married on 07/09/2016

Rev Steen is truly amazing. Our ceremony was so personal and heartfelt. He absolutely got a scence of who we are as a couple and made the ceremony everything we could imagine and more. Our guest made it a point to let us know how great he was. During my uncles speech he let us all know rev Steen was a 20 out of 10! You won't be disappointed with his services. I'm our opinion he is as good as they come!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thanks, Christina, for such a glowing review. My goal in officiating a wedding is reached when I get the type of response received from your family and friends. It makes my heart "sing" to know that you and Sean were so accurately portrayed in your ceremony. You were a joy to work with and I wish you many happy years!

Our experience with reverend Steen was superb!! He's very professional with a very down to earth touch. He's flexible and also offers great suggestions with his years of experience. He has a special way in personalizing your ceremony for your wedding. If we could get married again he'd be our very first choice without a doubt! Thank you so much Rev. Steen!!! Sincerely Carlos & Stephanie Salazar Rating: 10 out 10

Sent on 06/18/2016

Kelly · Married on 05/29/2016

Reverend Arland Steen planned and performed our wedding ceremony in May 2016 and did an incredible job! We had the pleasure of attending one of his church’s services and then going to lunch with him and his wife Barbara before the wedding, which was a blast. He’s so warm and friendly and helped answer all of our questions along the way. We really appreciated that he took the time to get to know us and understand how we wanted to personalize our ceremony. He put together a very meaningful and beautiful wedding ceremony for us. Everything went very smoothly. We loved working with him! Thank you, Rev. Steen!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Mary · Married on 04/16/2016

Reverend Arland Steen is a true gem! We can't say enough wonderful things about our experience in working with him. Not only did he step in when the minister that we had originally hired had a serious health crisis and had to step out of his commitment to our wedding, but he was extremely down-to-earth and heartfelt all the way through. Reverend Steen wrote our ceremony after visiting with us only once, and his writing embodied everything we were hoping for in our ceremony and vows. You would not go wrong by hiring Reverend Steen for your own wedding! Many blessings! Mary and Tom

Sent on 04/19/2016

Suset · Married on 04/02/2016

Rev. Steen happily accommodated our needs on very short notice. He was very professional and made sure we were comfortable with the ceremony outline prior to our wedding day. He used the little information we had provided of us and made the ceremony personalized, his words were very touching.
    He took care of our marriage certificate and we received our marriage license about a week and a half after we got married.
    My husband and I were very pleased and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Reverend Steen was the officiant for our 2015 wedding. He was professional, courteous, and understanding. My wife and I had been searching for a few months for an officiant that made us comfortable. Rev. Steen quickly made us feel like we were the most important part of his day. An officiant is arguably one of the most important members of a wedding, because they set the tone for the day and ultimately oversee the most important part of it, the ceremony.
    After our first in person meeting, he promptly created a ceremony, with vows, that fit exactly what my wife and I wanted. He allowed us to make any edits that we wanted to, including adding or subtracting elements of the ceremony. He took excellent notes during our first meeting and translated those into a ceremony that all of our guests said “was absolutely perfect”.

Rev. Steen is an excellent choice for an officiant. Whether you are religious or not, he will make sure that the ceremony fits your personality. He is priced fairly, he is kind, and he cares about your wedding. The highest praise I can give is that I would have changed nothing about our ceremony. He made it absolutely perfect.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Rev. Arland Steen's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review. It was a pleasure to work with you and feel the satisfaction of a beautiful ceremony in Santa Barbara for two people truly in love with each other. I wish you many years of happiness!

Kelli · Married on 10/18/2014

Arland was our wedding officiant at Gerry Ranch on 10/18/14. We wanted a non-denominational ceremony and he helped put together a special ceremony with exactly what we wanted. Arland is professional, trustworthy, experienced, kind and an amazing officiant. I would highly recommend him!! Thank you again for making our wedding day so magical and perfect!!!

Kelli Warrack