RevSchulte Reviews

RevSchulte 5
RevSchulte 6
RevSchulte 7

Tanya · Married on 10/31/2008

We loved Rev. Schulte! He's so nice, friendly, and very easy going. He's very good with making himself available and responds quickly to email. I really like that he has a wide list of ceremonies to choose from on his website and is open to helping you customize your ceremony to fit your needs. My wedding guests were also so impressed with him that they are even thinking about visiting his church.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Lia · Married on 05/17/2008

We loved Rev. Schulte. He did a wonderful job and was very professional!

Sent on 11/15/2008

Rebecca · Married on 10/28/2006

He was a true pleasure to work with. Very flexible. His church was perfect for out wedding. No detail was over looked. I would recommend him to anyone getting married in Savannah.

Sent on 06/04/2008

Chelsea · Married on 12/01/2012

Rev Shulte officiated our wedding and he was perfect! I had guests ask afterwards how many years we had known each other and were astounded when I said "we don't know him, other than when we booked him for today!" He performed our ceremony complete with a couple of well timed jokes that made the rest of the ceremony flow and be infinitely more fun!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Rae · Married on 05/19/2007

Rev. Schulte made us very comfortable, and had lots of good ideas to make the day run more smoothly. He helped us customize our vows, and was just an all-around bright light in an already spectacular day.

Sent on 04/20/2008

Melynda · Married on 05/05/2013

Rev Schulte did a fantastic job for our wedding. He attended the rehearsal and the ceremony. He loves doing weddings and it shows. It was a pleasure to have him as our officiant.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Dayna · Married on 03/03/2012

He's great - and as further proof, every single person we spoke with in Savannah would remark about how great he was. They were right, we loved him.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/30/2009

4.2

We were from out of town, so email correspondence with Rev. Shulte prior to the ceremony actually worked out just great. He was very responsive, allowed us to customize the entire service just to how we wanted it, and he was very personable! He is quite busy during the wedding season and may be performing many ceremonies in one day, so sticking to a timeline seemed very important. We didn't have any delays though, so everything went very smoothly!

Sent on 09/15/2009

0.8
      0.5
      0.5

I had a horrible experience with this officiant and wanted to share. Frankly, I am shocked that he is rated so well. To make a long story short, Rev. Schulte almost ruined my wedding. The day before my wedding, he called me and cancelled. He gave me a story that his son needed him in Atlanta and he had to leave right away. It just so happened that I was getting my hair and makeup done at a salon where a very close acquaintence of Rev. Schulte works and he informed me that Rev. Schulte overbooks weddings often and cancels last minute when he realizes he is over-committed. He has a son, but he has not seen him in years. Rev. Schulte gave me information for a backup officiant, who we discovered had known that he would be officiating our wedding well before the date that Rev. Schulte cancelled. In other words, the story was fake in my humble opinion. The good news is that the back-up officiant was absolutely amazing, a great guy, and in retrospect my husband and I are very happy that Rev. Schulte did not marry us. On top of all this, BE AWARE THAT THERE IS SMALL PRINT IN HIS CONTRACT that states that he will charge you an additional fee if the entire balance is not paid ten days before your wedding. The fee is SUBSTANTIAL and he will enforce it. He enforced it with me even though I had called him a couple weeks before the wedding and he did not mention anything about the fee. In my opinion, this is nothing more than another way to tack on some extra compensation for him. There is no other reason for it. I am a lawyer and I understand everything about small print in a contract, but with the many contracts that you will be signing for your wedding, this is something that can be easily overlooked. Again, I am absolutely schocked that this officiant is rated so well. I am sure that he does a good job if he actually will show up to your event but I would absolutely pass up this officiant and find someone else.

Sent on 04/24/2013

RevSchulte's reply:

I really do appreciate you writing what you wrote. It reminds me, and hopefully others who read it, of the importance of family. I could go into paragraphs about my son and his needs and when I saw him last as well as address the claims of the “very close acquaintance” you mentioned, but I would rather verify the comments made that were not the truth in regards to your wedding.

To be sure, I did not double book your wedding. I had lined up another officiant because there was a concern  that I would not be able to resolve the situation with my son in time, which regrettably, ended up being the case. To not have had someone lined up would have been very irresponsible of me, and I would have never left a wedding without an officiant, nor would I want to “ruin” a wedding. I’m delighted that the officiant that I secured for you was able to fill in for me in my time of need when I asked him to do so. We would both agree that he does an excellent job! In hindsight, I should have let you know of the possibility of me not being able to be there. I apologize.

As for the late fee: “substantial” is relative to the amount of money a person makes and as a lawyer I’m sure you see a spectrum of income. I’ve had bounced checks, failure to pay and other payment circumstances arise when the balance is due on the wedding day, so to deter that, the late fee was added to the contract about nine years ago.  And so now, there is a portion of the contract that states that policy. Which, once most couples read, they then mark on their calendar when it is due to avoid the $40 a day late fee if the final balance isn’t paid 10 days prior to the ceremony. Brides have emailed, called, and texted me to inquire as to the payment date. In fact, the other day there were two brides who asked me when it was due. I have no recollection of requiring any bride to pay the late fee; if they ask or say they will, they can. But I can not and do not enforce it.

As I said, I really do appreciate your message. It reminds everyone of the importance we need to place on the value of the family and what needs to be done to help family in time of need, regardless of how we are judged.   All the best to you and your husband!