Reverend Rita Atlas Reviews

103 | Matawan, NJ

103 Reviews for Reverend Rita Atlas

Stephanie · Married on 03/02/2012

Reverand Rita was absolutely great! She made our ceremony so special and talked about my husband and I as a couple and not just two people getting married. We got so many compliments after the ceremony about how it was unlike any other ceremony people have been to. Reverand Rita made us feel so comfortable and totally at ease before and during the ceremony. We definitely recommend her to anyone getting married.

Sent on 03/14/2012

Joan · Married on 09/03/2011

Reverend Rita was wonderful to work with. She is very good at what she does. She followed up with us often to be sure we didn't forget some important tasks. She made our wedding even more special with her unique touches at the ceremony.

Sent on 09/18/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/20/2011

Rita was amazing - she helped us create a ceremony that was perfectly US! We started this whole thing not knowing at all what we wanted, and three days after our wedding, I still haven't stopped getting compliments on how perfect our ceremony was! Rita even came to our house twice to work with us on choosing the perfect readings, traditions, vows, and helped us incorporated different elements like a hand blessing and ring warming, to ensure that we were happy with our ceremony. We were looking for an officiant, and ended up with a friend! We highly recommend Rita!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Linda B. · Married on 05/06/2011

Reverend Rita was wonderful! She met with us prior to our wedding to get to know us and answer our questions. She provided each of us with a questionnaire to give information about each other which we both completed separately. From that, Rev Rita prepared a very customized/personalized ceremony for us. We took our vows on the boardwalk gazebo at Spring Lake on a very windy afternoon....Rev Rita was a trooper and did not cut the service but delivered the service with a smile. All of our guests commented on how nice the ceremony was and the fact that it was so personalized for us. We truly appreciate what Rev Rita provided for us to make our day more memorable!

Sent on 05/18/2011

Amy · Married on 09/25/2010

Rita was amazing! My guests were so impressed with her, as were we. She really got across what we were looking for in the content of the ceremony. We wanted to get through a specific message about our relationship, all that we had gone through, a bond that most will never share. She did it!! All my guests commented on the wedding being so different, especially the ceremony itself. Thanks Rita!

Sent on 10/19/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/21/2010

It was such a pleasure to meet and have Reverend Rita be apart of our wedding. I got so many compliments on how beautiful the ceremony was. She took the time to get to know us before the wedding which meant a lot to us and it made the ceremony that much nicer. Rita is so passionate and such a lovely person. The ceremony is the most important part of a wedding and she combined love, laughter, friends and family, just perfectly.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Kara · Married on 07/23/2010

Reverend Rita Atlas was an absolutely wonderful officiant, and we couldn't have asked for anyone better for our wedding day. She took the time to really get to know myself and my husband and incorporated stories and anecdotes we shared with her into the ceremony to make it truly personal and special. She got back to me within 24 hours of me calling or e-mailing, was always willing to get together closer to our home for our convenience and was incredibly reasonably priced for the amount of work she puts into each and every event she does.

Sent on 10/12/2010
  • I

Justin · Married on 06/05/2010

Reverend Rita did an excellent job as our officiant. She was completely professional and tailored our ceremony to our exact requests. We would highly recommend her.

Thanks again for a wonderful ceremony.

Sent on 10/19/2010

June · Married on 03/01/2010

We wanted an informal and personal service in our own home, which we received beautifully from Rev Rita. In the pre-wedding meeting Rita suggested a range of ceremonies, and we chose to include a sand ceremony. This was a great hit with the guests and we were so pleased it had been suggested.
    Overall is was a lovely experience, Rita was very professional and accommodating, the ceremony fit perfectly with our requests and our families were very moved with the service.

Sent on 08/21/2010

Jennifer · Married on 02/13/2010

Reverend Rita has made our Wedding Ceremony one that will be remembered by all for many many years. She had made it her mission to really get to know my husband and I prior to the wedding. Reverend Rita made mention to all the beautiful aspects our our lives together, the funny moments we shared, the reaons why we fell in love and the journey of our lives together. Our wedding guest's still mention to us that our ceremony was so unique and beautiful. Reverened Rita performed the family circle seremony with my two children, it was priceless! I had felt a connection with Reverend Rita the moment she came to our home to meet with us. She is truly AMAZING and I have called her my Angel!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Jin · Married on 02/08/2010

The Reverend was wonderful!! She took the time to get to know each of us in preparation for her ceremony remarks. She was very flexible and in all regards a wonderful person who takes her job very seriously.

We highly recommend Reverend Rita!

Sent on 06/07/2010

Susan · Married on 01/09/2010

Working with Rita for our wedding ceremony was a wonderful experience and we could not have asked for more. Our wedding was a small event, non-religious and organized in a relatively short period of time. Rita made us feel that we were at the center of the world, with a very personalized ceremony.

Rita was extremely responsive and proactive in talking and meeting with us about what we wanted for our ceremony. She helped with suggestions (sand or unity candle ideas), vows, etc. Her questionnaires and our chats resulted in a very personalized ceremony that was just beautiful. She brought together so many things and added all the right touches that we felt as if she knew us for our entire lives.

We could not have asked for, nor imagined, a more heartfelt and warm ceremony. It was a pleasure working with Rita and we felt very lucky and honored to have her marry us. We highly recommend Rita without reservation.

Sent on 01/11/2010

Lainie · Married on 08/23/2009

Rev Rita was absolutely wonderful. She worked with both families and both faiths and provided us with a service that everyone enjoyed. I have been approached by many of our guests who went out of their way to let us know how wonderful and special they thought the service was.

Sent on 08/27/2009

Jennifer · Married on 04/18/2009

she was great. it was a perfect mix of what we wanted. she mixed the two religions with out making the ceremony religious and realy made the ceremony about us and our relationship and feeling for each other. i would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 09/22/2009

Amy · Married on 07/05/2008

Rev. Rita was absolutely wonderful. With all of the stress and anxiety included in planning our special day, meeting with Rita was therapeutic. She is a genuine, compassionate, and professional. She made us feel very special, offering her advice for not only our ceremony, but also for life�s journeys in general.

My husband and I both come from Catholic backgrounds, yet neither of us is "religious" per say - more spiritual. Rev. Rita provided us with an outlet to showcase and share our personal beliefs, without being tied down to the more traditional, religion-based wedding ceremony.

She met with us on several occasions prior to our wedding day: First to meet us in our home, where she interviewed us, took notes, and explained her style and services. She discussed the type of feel we wanted for our ceremony, and provided us with numerous ideas. One great idea was to perform a "unity sand ceremony" as oppose to the more-often used "unity candle ceremony� (we were married on the beach). She gave us a list of questions that my husband and I completed on our own--separately. We then emailed her the answers. She used these answers to create our ceremony. With her help, we also wrote our own vows. She again met with us the night of our wedding rehearsal. She was one of the first vendors to arrive on our wedding day, and was absolutely cool, calm and collected.

Our ceremony was nothing short of amazing. The service she put together was heartwarming and emotional, yet she still allowed for a few comedic breaks (thank goodness!). During our cocktail hour immediately following our exchanging of vows, guests continually referenced the amazing job she did, saying it was the best wedding ceremony they have ever experienced. We still have relatives and friends that reminisce over the service.

Rev. Rita was truly a pleasure to work with. Her services and spirit are unforgettable. It is with 100% confidence that my husband, family, and I highly recommend her to any couple planning their own special day.

Best Wishes,
    Amy & Chris, Married July 5, 2008

Sent on 08/28/2009

J · Married on 05/24/2008

Rita was wonderful! She was warm and eloquent, and handled our semi-Quaker service with professional aplomb. She helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Jo · Married on 06/23/2007

Rev Rita spent time with us to get to know the essence of our relationship. She then tailored a unique and moving ceremony just for us. She injected humor, warmth, insight and wisdom into our memorable service which to this day draws favorable comments from our family and friends. We consider ourselves blessed to have come to know Rev. Rita.

Sent on 08/27/2009

Amber · Married on 01/01/2016

Rev. Rita was great! She provided a personal and loving ceremony for my Husband and I. Her kind and loving words created a wonderful and unique wedding ceremony for us.

Sent on 02/02/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/22/2011

I chose Rita to do my ceremony as a reference from another minister. I live in Oregon and was getting married in NJ so working email was a must for us. It worked out very well, Rita had us fill out personal questionnaires, and used most of it in the ceremony. I was shocked to hear a lot of what I wrote, and what my husband had to say, but wow was it powerful. Everyone loved it, and many people said they felt as if they knew my husband and I better through the ceremony. It was smooth, and flowed very well. I highly recommend Rita to any couple wanting a personal and warm ceremony.

Sent on 10/28/2011

Lorraine · Married on 06/24/2011

She was wonderful!!!!
    Our ceremony had a very personal touch.
    She took some information about us and created a beautiful ceremony that was warm, loving, funny and very down to earth.
    Several of my guests commented on the great job that she did.
    Very professional and I would highly recommend her.
    Thank you Reverend Rita!!!!

Sent on 07/06/2011

Stefanie · Married on 08/18/2017

Very happy with Rita. I couldn't have ask for anything more. Takes the time to know you and your partner. I will recommend her

Sent on 09/10/2017

Lauren · Married on 06/01/2015

Rita was absolutely the unique personal touch that we wanted for our ceremony. My now husband's mom had been to a wedding where Rita officiated the ceremony and recommended her. She was very professional and kind. She had us over to her home so she could meet with us and get to know us. She was able to provide very helpful tips and direction for the ceremony that I really appreciated! She assigned us each some questions to answer about each other and our relationship. We kept the answers a surprise from each other so we each heard the other's answers for the first time at our ceremony which was really nice and personal! Just a heads up Rita read exactly what I wrote and how I wrote it! I was thinking it would be put into her own words a bit but it was still very good! Everyone raved about how personal and touching the ceremony was which is exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 10/13/2016

Stefania · Married on 11/05/2011

Reverend Rita was amazing, her ceremony was so personal and truly told the story of my husband and I. Our guests were so moved and so many people came up to us after to comment on how much they loved the ceremony. I loved that our wedding was not the typical ceremony that you hear at every wedding, it was personal and really a reflection of us. Rita was wonderful - so sweet and so easy to work with. If we renew our vows Rita will be our first call to officiate!!

Sent on 11/18/2011

Reverend Rita was very flexible and a blessing in disguise last minute we needed an officiant legit less than a week before the wedding and she was able to do it. The ceremony was beautiful!! I liked the way she put her own touch on things. I will never forget our wedding day!

Sent on 05/18/2013

Noelle · Married on 09/24/2010

3.5

For any bride, I would def. recommend Rita. She was great!!!!! She personalized our wedding into such a beautiful ceremony and everyone enjoyed it very much and it also had brought us back to the first day we met. It truly was wonderful! Also, we had a lot of compliments on how beautiful and unique it was. Hope this helps!

Sent on 10/12/2010