Reverend Maureen Jeffries Reviews

111 Reviews for Reverend Maureen Jeffries

• Brittany

Brittany S. · Getting married on 01/01/2022

The absolute best!

After seeing the beautiful ceremony Maureen did for my sister and brother-in-law, my husband and I knew we wanted to use her for our wedding. The whole process was so easy and positive right from the start- even at our first meeting, we felt like we'd known her for years!

Maureen effortlessly captured the special parts of our relationship that make our love unique. The ceremony was truly amazing- there were tears, laughter, and everything in between. Our guests continued to come up to us all night raving about how beautiful the ceremony was.

It's clear that Maureen was meant to do this, and she is so gifted at it. We highly recommend her and we're happy to call her our friend now!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Vivian

Vivian · Getting married on 07/24/2021

Perfect ceremony

Working with Rev. Maureen was such a great experience! She was so flexible with our schedules when we were having our initial conversations and then that flexibility continued as our plans changed multiple times due to COVID-19. Then, we had the most beautiful ceremony! She took the time to really get to know us and customized the ceremony to make it perfect for us. We can’t wait to have her perform our vow renewal next year!

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • Brittany

Brittany D. · Married on 06/06/2021

The BEST there is!

From day one Maureen had a way of making us feel comfortable and in good hands! She took the time to get to know us, and it was a pleasure getting to know her. She walked us through each step of getting married without skipping a beat. When it came to the day of she went above and beyond anything we could have expected. From having emergency supplies on hand like deodorant, to pinning my fathers boutonnière back on - she did it all! Without her we would have been totally lost and we are so blessed to now have her in our lives and to have been a part of our most special day.

Sent on 06/07/2021

Kanupriya V. · Married on 04/22/2021

We are so thankful to you for giving us a special wedding

I cant begin to explain how lucky me and my husband felt having Reverend Maureen perform our ceremony. She was wonderful, cooperative, engaging, contributing since the first time we connected. She not only made us think about our promises for each other but also incorporated each and every valuable thought, moment and idea important to us in our ceremony. We had a very small 12 people wedding in a park but Reverend Maureen treated us just as important and special as she would for a bigger wedding. Thank you Reverend for making our day more special and conducting our beautiful intimate ceremony. We owe you a big one!

Sent on 04/29/2021
  • F

Francis N. · Married on 03/05/2021

On Short Notice Quarantine won't stop our love!!

We decided to get married within a week after our decision because our original plans pre-quarantined times had to be changed. Pastor Jeffries was so helpful in finalizing our commitment and she taught us a lot about the meaning of marriage in our intial conversation via Zoom. I would highly recommend her to others!

Sent on 05/21/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Francis - small, sweet, heart-felt... and that view! Your wedding was the stuff people dream about, I'm so glad I got to play a small part in the story of a boy from the Bronx marrying the love of his life.

Tim Q. · Married on 03/05/2021

The Best Socially-Distanced Ceremony We Could Ask For!

When a global health crisis derailed our wedding plans (and rearranged everyone's lives), Maureen was flexible and helpful throughout our rescheduling/replanning process. We eventually decided to go through with a small, socially-distant ceremony that far exceeded our expectations! The words were beautiful, and the few family members in attendance - as well as those joining in over Zoom - loved it. She understood what made our relationship work, and it showed in the ceremony. Truly a moment we will never forget.

We are so glad to have chosen Maureen, and we look forward to working with her for our First Anniversary vow renewal!

Sent on 05/23/2020
  • Adrienne

Adrienne R. · Married on 11/07/2020

Our Epic Mini-ceremony

I really appreciated the way she walked us through her process over the phone and the way she guided us through the ceremony during our zoom calls. On the day of our wedding she was the hero who saved my husband‘s wedding ring from falling into the Hudson river. She told us that if anything happens she could deal with it, but I never really believed her until the day of and she came through with flying colors, we were extremely happy to have her marry us and everyone enjoyed the ceremony as much as they enjoyed the bloopers.

Sent on 11/25/2020

Sheyla O. · Married on 11/05/2020

Passionate

I can’t say enough great things about Rev Jeffries. I searched everywhere for an officiant that could provide more than just a cookie cutter ceremony. Rev Jeffries not only exceeded our expectations about our personalized ceremony, she was so kind and personable, she felt like our friend. You can tell she was made for this. Her passion and personality is what every wedding should have. Thank you Rev Jeffries for our special ceremony!

Sent on 11/07/2020
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/29/2020

Perfect Backyard Intimate Wedding

Rev. Maureen exceeding our expectations. We blended our families during this insane covid-world in early September. Our ceremony was very reflective of us as individuals coming together and Rev. Maureen suggested how to incorporate our kids. We were 20 people is total and multiple people commented on how beautiful the ceremony was.

Sent on 12/09/2020
  • Justin

Justin M. · Married on 08/10/2020

She's just amazing!

I can't say enough good things about Maureen. From the first time, my wife and I had the chance to meet her to now she has been phenomenal. When we made the decision to have a micro wedding in light of the pandemic she was there to help guide us. She is active in the planning process for the wedding and she has such a knack for remembering small details about us as a couple that really makes you feel like she is more than just an officiant. The ceremony she wrote for us was thoughtful and crafted to fit our lives and our relationship. She has earned every five-star review she has gotten and we were truly blessed to have her as a part of our wedding team.

Sent on 12/28/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Justin - I'm so happy that I have gotten to know you and Kerrine. I think the only word to describe your micro wedding is magical - I keep thinking about you turning around as Kerrine rounded the corner at The Manor. That will definitely be a moment that stays with me forever ...and we get to do it all again! Who's luckier than we are?

Ellen R. · Married on 07/30/2020

The Anchor We Needed

My finance and I were having such a difficult time in deciding whether or not to have our wedding during the pandemic, knowing that much of our out of state family and friends would not be able to attend. We did decide to move forward however, even though parts of us couldn't fully embrace the decision. So with a heavy heart we moved through the final preparations. Finally though after working with Rev Jeffries on our vows and talking with her in zoom meetings, the many reasons why we wanted to get married became abundantly clear. Her steadfastness and clarity of thought on life and love was the anchor we needed to feel joyful in not the best of times. Right up to the last minute God was throwing his usual wedding curve balls, but once Rev Jeffries started the ceremony the rest of the evening was flawless. We are so thankful for her presence in our wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Ellen I am so glad I was able to be a part of your wedding and that I could help during this crazy year. Your relationship is an inspiration. It shows that even if we don't know where life is taking us, sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride! Congratulations to you and Joe, I know that you will have many, many happy years together!
  • Jenn

Jenn · Married on 07/10/2020

Best officiant ever!

From the first phone conversation with Maureen over the phone, I knew we had to book her for our wedding. She is kind, funny, and most of all an amazing listener. Maureen just doesn't talk to you once and uses a basics script, she talked with us for about 2 hours at her home office and then several times leading up the ceremony. Maureen might have been a stranger before we hired her but I consider her a friend now! She mended humor, love, and our personalities so well into our ceremony, while also appeasing our mothers with a light religious touch. Maureen, you are the best!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Right back at you Jenny! So much fun to be a part of your wedding day. Can't wait to see where this journey takes you. I know I'll think of you and Steve every time I take the Queensboro Bridge, cause baby all he wants to do is come home to you.💕

Ariana O. · Married on 06/29/2020

Amazing person

Reverend Maureen was part of an amazing group of ladies who gave my Husband and I the elopement of our dreams. She helped us plan an intimate ceremony after We had to cancel our wedding due to the health crisis. Rev. Maureen was such a bright light during these dark days!
    Our first call was a video call where we got to introduced each other and talked about what my now husband and i wanted for our wedding. We knew after the first call that she was the perfect person to officiate our wedding. she made everything so intimate and memorable for us. Even though we only had about 15 guests at our wedding, Rev. Maureen made sure to make everyone feel loved and honored to be there. Everyone who attended Our wedding had nothing but good things to say about her.

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2020

Absolutely amazing

It's been over four months since our wedding and our wedding guests are still commenting about our ceremony and how beautiful and great it was. They loved all the personalized touches and that it fully represented my husband and I. Working with Maureen was like a dream - she was very responsive and really worked with us to get everything that we wanted to be included. I am so thankful we worked with her and cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie - It was such a pleasure to work with you and be a part of your day - even if one of you is an Islanders fan - no names mentioned. Wishing you many, many years of happiness!
  • Erin

Erin W. · Married on 05/29/2020

Amazing Amazing Amazing!

When my husband and I first spoke to Maureen on the phone we knew right away we wanted her to be our officiant. Maureen listened and created the a beautiful and personalized ceremony for us. I come from a Jewish background and my husband did not want a very religious ceremony so Maureen helped create a ceremony that was more symbolic than religious and it was perfect. She also created a beautiful ketubah signing ceremony, which we did prior to our ceremony. She also helped us individually with our vows to make sure they were perfect and ready to go for the big day. When we had to switch dates due to COVID, Maureen was very flexible with the change and checked in on us periodically to make sure we were doing well with all the craziness in the world. She helped keep me calm through the process and I appreciated all the kind words and advice she could give. I recommend Maureen to anyone getting married, she was a true gem to work with!

Sent on 10/29/2020

Jessica M. · Married on 05/24/2020

Absolutely Fantastic Officiant and Beautiful Ceremony

If you’re looking for a wedding officiant, look no further than Rev. Jeffries. She has been amazing, especially throughout this whole pandemic. She has met with us a few times and the conversation flows as if she is one of our closest friends. She helped us write our vows, and even did a meditation session for brides who had to reschedule their wedding, which my now wife thoroughly enjoyed. She even went above and beyond to officiate our small, socially distanced wedding ceremony this past weekend, so that my wife and I could keep our original wedding date. She is everything we could have ever asked for in an officiant and I would give her the highest of recommendations. She is such a good officiant that we are using her twice! (Once for our small ceremony and once for our postponed date)

Sent on 05/29/2020

Chelsea B. · Married on 05/18/2020

Beautiful !

This officiant to us was like the light at the end of the tunnel. She agreed to marry us and even helped me plan our small ceremony amidst the pandemic. I am beyond great full for Reverend Jeffries. She even included my mother in our American/Spanish ceremony. Forever great full.

Sent on 12/10/2020

Emily F. · Married on 05/16/2020

Lovely, Thoughtful, and Super Professional Officiant!!

MAUREEN IS THE BEST! She's extremely professional, showing great attention to detail in guiding us through all the complicated paperwork of a marriage, while also being warm and extremely thoughtful in crafting a wedding ceremony. My husband and I interviewed several officiants when we were choosing who to hire for our special day, and Maureen was far and away the best, we clicked instantly. She has such a talent for finding the core of a couple's relationship and letting that shine through her writing. She was also extremely helpful and understanding when COVID-19 caused our wedding to be delayed - she was able to help us file our paperwork and hold a small zoom ceremony so we could still be technically married on our original date. This year brought many challenges and I was so grateful that Maureen made this one much smoother and more manageable.

Sent on 11/23/2020

Artemis L. · Married on 04/25/2020

Zoom Wedded Bliss

Absolutely best decision ever. Rev Jeffries took time to get to know us and make our day special. Even though of original wedding date was postponed due to COVID-19, the Reverend did not stressed. She worked with us to make our wedding day special even with the bumps in the road. We loved that she took time not only to get to know us but our family as well. We would absolutely recommend her to others looking for a reverend full of love and passion for what they do. She absolutely loves, love!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Ricardo L. · Married on 04/10/2020

Trule Unbelievable !!

Due to COVID, we needed to postpone our wedding, in which we decided to have a small initmate wedding ceremony with only our closest family and friends at our parents backyard.

She helped walk us through everything we needed to do and was great at communicating with us so we didn't miss a thing.

She was so understanding and patient, professional, and completely attentive to all our needs thru out and took the time to learn about us and our relationship and incorporated that into our ceremony.

She is definitely personable, charismatic and kind, throughout the entire process.
    We really couldn't recommend Maureen enough!

Sent on 12/07/2020

Kelly · Married on 01/26/2020

Winter Wedding

Maureen was amazing. We are a mixed faith couple and didn't have a clear vision for our ceremony, and were so grateful to have Maureen come to our rescue! Maureen brought many creative ideas to the table! She has such a calming presence. She really allowed us to create something special that represented us with through the readings and traditions we wanted in our ceremony, and she was flexible with late in the game changes. Maureen created a beautiful, personalized ceremony that had us and our guests laughing and crying. She was comforting, reliable, and organized. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Audrey · Married on 12/08/2019

Wonderful!!

Reverend Maureen was so wonderful. She wrote an absolutely beautiful ceremony and we were so comfortable with her. She took the time to know us and personalize our experience. I would not have had our wedding day any other way!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey and James, Your family is beautiful!
    Each of you is such an important part of the life you have built, I'm so glad that you recognize that and love each other so well. Wishing you many, many years of happiness.
  • Andrew

Andrew L. · Married on 11/23/2019

Love her! Like the best friend we never had!

Such an awesome officiant! Would recommend to anyone. She went above and beyond to make our say unforgettable! She was able to make a very unique ceremony that surprised me. She was even there to support us mentally and emotionally before during and after the wedding. We are so glad she was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Andrew please make sure the two of you stay in touch. You both are so kind and thoughtful and take care of one another so well. Remember to lean on one another, there is a reason you found each other. Thank you for letting me be a part of your story.

Alex R. · Married on 11/14/2019

Rev Jeffries is the BEST

Reverend Jeffries was everything we could have asked for. She is kind, thoughtful and funny. It was a delight to work with her and she made everything feel so easy. Maureen guided us through writing our vows and created a ceremony, with our help, that was perfect for us in every way. She was extremely responsive, flexible and helpful. Our day was truly magical and we feel so lucky we found Rev Jeffries to be part of it.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Alex - That was the most beautiful sunrise ceremony. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of the most memorable day. Onto the next few magic moments - like becoming parents in a few months! I can't wait until you can enjoy those sunrises as a family. Babies wake up super early too! Can you put a baby seat on a spin bike?