Reverend Maureen Jeffries Reviews

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 5
Reverend Maureen Jeffries 6
Reverend Maureen Jeffries 7

Allison · Married on 08/19/2019

Surpassed our wildest expectations.

If you are looking for a custom tailored wedding ceremony Rev. Jeffries is the only way to go. She was able to incorporate traditional elements from our mixed religions as well as beautiful cultural elements that felt inclusive to everything our relationship represents and who we are.
    We could not believe the warm and passionate words she shared especially having known us for only less than a week.
    Thank you for sharing our special day with us and for giving us the most beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Amy Coleski · Married on 06/30/2019

The best connection and experience for our wedding!

Choosing Rev. Maureen Jeffries as our wedding officiant was one of the best decisions we ever made! She performed my sister and brother in laws wedding 5 years ago and I felt she did a wonderful job then. She was the first person and only person I could imagine marrying my fiancé and I. She took the time to learn about us as a couple and wrote an amazing ceremony speech for our wedding. We felt like we knew her years in how we just connected with her. Maureen put us at ease with her friendly and kind demeanor. She worked closely with us in selecting meaningful readings and passages. Maureen also did a magnificent job of incorporating my husbands Macedonian traditions into the ceremony. After the ceremony our family and friends gave us many compliments on how personalized our ceremony was. They all felt the same connection to her as we did and thought she spoke so well. They also all said it was as if she had known us for years! Maureen has become family to us and we would highly recommend her as an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Michelle Lehman · Married on 06/28/2019

So fantastic to work with!

Maureen is great to work with. She took the time to get to know us both in person and over the phone and took our personalities into account when writing and performing our ceremony. She had great suggestions and recommendations on what works well and helped on focus on the important aspects of how we wanted our wedding ceremony to be. Not only did we love working with her, I received so many comments from guests on how much they enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Christopher Santos · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Decision You'll Make.

Finding an officiant was probably the most difficult decision my wife and I had to make during the planning process. However, when we met Maureen, we knew she was the one. We didn't need to meet with any other officiants. She was inviting, professional and extremely personable. During our first meeting with her, we felt as though she had known us for years. We had no idea what questions to ask or where to even begin but, Maureen took her time and guided us through the entire thing. On the day of our wedding our guests could not stop raving about how amazing she was. We could not be happier with our decision to have her marry us!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Katie · Married on 05/04/2019

Everything you could ask for!

My husband and I were married on May 4, 2019 and are still in complete awe of how perfect our wedding ceremony was thanks to Rev. Maureen Jeffries! From the moment we reached out to Maureen to see if she was available to officiate our wedding she was professional, friendly and always available to touch base throughout the planning process. Maureen took time with us individually and as a couple to help create a personalized ceremony that encompassed Christian and Jewish traditions to tell our very special love story. Maureen’s professionalism and attention to detail exceeded our expectations. Our family and friends were extremely touched by her words and we could feel the calm and loving energy in those moments. Moments we will hold in our hearts forever! It was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Alison · Married on 04/12/2019

Great Experience! Made The Day A Memorable One!

We found Reverend Jeffries on Wedding Wire and are so happy we reached out! We live on the West Coast but we’re getting married back in New Jersey and so many of our meetings were on the phone or via Skype. From the first meeting with her over Skype, we felt the Reverends’s warmth and comforting attitude radiate through the screen. It wasn’t just about the wedding day with her. She made you feel relaxed and kept us laughing with her stories. On our special day, Reverend Jeffries was attentive to us and our families, making sure everyone was comfortable and knew what their role and responsibility was going to be. She went the extra mile to make sure our day was extra special. We can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • mallory

mallory · Married on 12/23/2018

An Unforgettable wedding ceremony!!! Truly a special experience!!

Our wedding ceremony was so personal and special thanks to Maureen! My best friend had used Maureen to officiate her wedding, and my fiancé (at the time) and I were so impressed with Maureen’s soft-spoken demeanor and wonderful storytelling that we contacted her about ours. Best decision ever! People are still talking about how amazing, personal, and beautiful the ceremony was and others are reaching out for Maureen’s information for friends that are getting married. First off, Maureen is sweet, witty, funny, and warm. She makes you (and your friends and family!!) feel immediately at ease and comfortable when in her presence. My husband and I met with her to discuss our relationship, how we met, how we feel about each other, etc. Things that most people don’t talk about often, but she made us feel comfortable and allowed us to be open. We also filled out a questionnaire individually and then separately to give her more insight into our feelings, which was a really nice exercise to do before the wedding, reminding us both of all the great things we’ve been through and all the great things to come. The thing I find so special about Maureen is that she CARES; this isn’t just a job to her. She really delves deep to understand you both as individuals, and as a couple. She listens, and she wrote the MOST beautiful ceremony for our wedding. I cried the first time she read it to us; it was perfect. During our ceremony, I was so happy knowing that these beautiful words were so thoughtfully written specially for my husband and I. It was truly so special! And our guests were so moved and impressed they’re still talking about it!!! I highly recommend working with Maureen; she will make your wedding ceremony unforgettable. She is not only a great officiant, but a beautiful person as well!

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 8
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 9

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Mallory- I can’t thank you enough for your kind words. Your wedding was such a magical night - thank you for letting me be a part of it! Thank you for sharing your family and friends - I really mean it when I say I am the luckiest person at every wedding. Gil and I will celebrate 21 years together this year. I really believe it is the strength of all the relationships that I have had the privilege of being witness to that has made our marriage so strong. I know you and Danny will take care of each other in such a brilliant way in your years to come . Shoutout to Sean from his favorite Padre. ♥️

Matt · Married on 11/20/2018

Made Our Wedding Day Wonderful

My wife and I wanted a ceremony that was personal, while honoring the time-tested elements of a traditional ceremony. Maureen delivered on both counts. She took the time to get to know us, our story, our values and learn a little bit about the people in our lives. This process was not only useful, but inspired us to reflect more deeply on our relationship and what we want to create in our life together. From this meeting Maureen created a ceremony plan and vows that felt immediately "right". She completed the ceremony plan with our feedback and when the big day finally arrived, she conducted a beautiful service for us and our loved ones. Many people commented it was the best wedding ceremony they'd even been a part of. We could couldn't agree more.

Thank you, Maureen. For everything.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Matt - I can't thank you and Pam enough for choosing me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you so much for your kind words here, but also for your kindness during my Dad's illness. I'm so glad that you and Pam found one another! Much love to your families. -Maureen

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

I cannot recommend Reverend Maureen enough

Maureen was incredibly thoughtful about our ceremony and delivered something that was very meaningful while still having light-hearted moments. She was willing to have as many conference calls as we wanted, though our ceremony came together quickly in the end and we only had two phone calls. I had several guests comment that they were very impressed with our ceremony.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Sarah - What an extraordinary wedding that was! I knew it was going to be a fun ceremony from the minute I walked out to greet the guests - you had a room full of people so happy for you and Matthew - but also ready to party! Thank you for letting me be a part of it all. Maureen

Matthew Perry · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding

She was thoughtful in her preparation and kind at each stage. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Matthew! You were also kind and thoughtful in your preparation at each stage. Thanks for being so open and honest and for sharing the day with me!
  • Joanna

Joanna Vogel · Married on 10/12/2018

Stress free and meaningful

So easy to work with, process was stress-free, ceremony was creative and meaningful, lovely lovely experience. So glad we chose to work with her, we did hand-fasting and also a quote from Jane Eyre - but also traditional vows. Was very cool!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 10
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 11

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Joanna - Thank you for your kindness and generosity in letting me be a part of your lovely wedding. Every detail was perfect and I know you had the best of both worlds - A small intimate affair for Adam and a lovely romantic ceremony for you. I'm so glad to have been a part of your day!

Natalie Evans · Married on 09/15/2018

Intimate Wedding Ceremony

We do not belong to a church or anything, so we needed to find an officiant somehow. We emailed Maureen with the details of our wedding and then had an initial Skype call. We talked for about an hour and discussed ourselves and got to know her a bit too. We decided to move forward with Maureen. Because an in person meeting didn’t work with our schedules, we planned a second phone call during which we discussed the type of ceremony we wanted and other details. Maureen had us fill out a questionnaire – part of which we did together as a couple, and the other part we answered as individuals. This was so she could tailor the ceremony to us, rather than just read some words that had been used many times before.
    After we sent in the questionnaire, Maureen worked on a first draft of the ceremony, and we had a call in which she read it to us. She asked for our feedback and made sure we were comfortable with everything. As a couple, we initially had disagreed on whether to write our own vows, but she talked us through this and gave us a good alternative (we wrote our own vows together, as opposed to doing different ones or something we didn’t write ourselves). Because we were having a non-denominational ceremony, we weren’t too sure on what elements would be part of the ceremony. Maureen suggested several great alternatives and was able to put together a ceremony that felt perfect for us. We had another call closer to the wedding to finalize everything.
    Everything went smoothly the day of our wedding. Maureen arrived a couple hours early and made sure we had the marriage documents in order etc. She helped keep everyone calm right before the ceremony. Maureen did a terrific job with the ceremony itself. Several people told us how great she was. We agreed. We had a small, intimate ceremony, so when Maureen “audibled” slightly from the script she had previously read, it worked perfectly. Maureen chatted with us after the ceremony during the cocktail hour and met some of the other guests. Overall we were so happy with Maureen. She did a great job getting to know us and making the ceremony personal, even though we only talked a few times and only were able to meet in person the day of the wedding. We can’t recommend Maureen enough.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/14/2018

Maureen did such an amazing job making our ceremony special and memorable. It was the most important part of our day and she really went above and beyond to make it more than we ever expected it would be.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Deanna · Married on 09/14/2018

I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect ceremony - and that is ALL thanks to Reverend Jeffries. Truly, she is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met and she was made to officiate ceremonies. I was anxious about the process of finding an officiant - I didn't really know what I wanted, except that I hoped my ceremony would be unique to myself and my husband, have a little humor and lots of love/warmth - Reverend Jeffries delivered. She took the time to get to know my husband and I - we met via Skype, met in person, spoke on the phone and Skyped again all before the ceremony. I felt like she knew us and she knew our relationship and it truly showed during our ceremony. Family and friends commented countless time how much they loved the ceremony - how it was so uniquely us! I could not be more happy with my experience. I would recommend Reverend Jeffries over and over again - she is in a league of her own.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Tresten · Married on 09/08/2018

Reverend Maureen was truly wonderful. Her approach to the ceremony was one of humor, kindness and love. Maureen was a great listener when getting to know my husband and I, and was happy to tailor the ceremony to exactly what we envisioned. I highly recommend. Several guests at our wedding told me, “the officiant was great!”

Sent on 10/04/2018
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 12

Ellen · Married on 09/02/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries was a delight to work with and helped us make our wedding so meaningful. My husband/fiance wanted Maureen to officiate our wedding as he recalled her services at his brother's wedding a few years ago. So we could compare and understand what we wanted, we also interviewed a few other officiants. When we selected Maureen she wasted no time in setting up a meeting so we could meet in person and understand each other. We had a really good conversation with Maureen about our relationship, how we met, and how we viewed/defined love, etc. She provided some thoughtful and helpful relationship advice and then we discussed the stories she would weave into our ceremony.

She has a soothing and calming voice that is near angelic. She was very aware of our cultural differences and suggested weaving in some elements - a quick tea ceremony - into the ceremony. It worked out really well and we really appreciated it.

Maureen is a professional. It was easy to tell that she loves her work as she worked with us to perfect her remarks (over a few additional meetings) and she helped us to fine-tune our personalized vows.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Regina · Married on 08/17/2018

We absolutely loved every part of our ceremony! It was the perfect amount of traditional and personal! Rev. Jefferies took the time to get to know us and put so many small personal touches throughout our ceremony, making it incredibly touching to my husband and I. She even ensured to include our daughter in amazing ways! Rev Jeffries was calm and professional during our ceremony when a bee sent our daughter and ring bearers running and screaming, not missing a beat and improving perfectly to make everything flow! We could not have asked for a sweeter, more personal ceremony!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Megan · Married on 08/10/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries was absolutely amazing! She captured our story so perfectly and made our ceremony so meaningful. I listened to every word she said and it was so heartfelt. It was a moment I will never forget. I can’t recommend Maureen enough. Everyone couldn’t stop complimenting us about our beautiful ceremony and we owe that to Maureen! She made everything so personal. Thank you for being the best! ❤️

Sent on 10/08/2018

Gail · Married on 07/22/2018

Reverend Jeffries created an absolutely beautiful wedding ceremony for us. It was perfect in tone and in content – perfect for us. Here is a short summary of our entirely positive experience with Reverend Jeffries…
    The process of creating our ceremony began when Rev. Jeffries personally met with us. She intently listened to us talk about ourselves as individuals, our love story together, and our vision for our wedding ceremony. All the while, she was gracious, understanding, and supportive. She asked excellent questions, and she said things that were comforting and assuring to both of us. Following our personal meeting with Rev. Jeffries, we both answered some questions that Rev. Jeffries emailed to us. These answers provided Rev. Jeffries with more information about us. Rev. Jeffries took the information that she learned from our meeting and our written answers and she crafted a ceremony that was unique to us. It included elements that we considered important, such as the telling of our love story and the special vows that she had helped us to create. Then Rev. Jeffries reviewed the ceremony with us over the phone so that we would be totally informed and in case we wanted to make any changes. It was just what we wanted.
    Our ceremony was flawless. Rev. Jeffries did a fabulous job. She also was so kind to our families, taking the time to meet them and talk with them. Both of our families raved about her and the ceremony. Rev. Jeffries was the absolute reason why our wedding ceremony was so special and meaningful. Thank you Rev. Jeffries!
    Steve and Gail McGettigan

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • F

Frank · Married on 07/01/2018

Maureen was a pleasure to work with from when we initially reached out all the way until making sure we had everything we needed for our marriage certificate! We can't say enough about Maureen's flexibility, professionalism, and preparedness. The feedback we received from our friends and family still hasn't stopped 5 months later. They thought Maureen delivered exactly what we were looking for: a touching, authentic ceremony that set the tone for our wedding. Maureen was especially compassionate and there for us when we found out a family member was sick and the wedding would be taking place in three weeks rather than four months. Maureen was quick to offer support and be sure we had everything squared away for the big day. It meant the world to us to have Maureen be part of our wedding.

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 13
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 14
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 15

Anne · Married on 06/02/2018

Wonderful, my husband and I received so many compliments about Reverend Jeffries. She is the best!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

Maureen was an absolute pleasure to work with from our first phone consultation through our wedding day! She not only acted as our officiant, but was also incredibly supportive throughout the entire wedding planning process and was always available to provide advice during what can be a stressful time. She performed the most beautiful ceremony we could have ever asked for. My husband is Portuguese and I am Jewish, and Maureen was very helpful in suggesting ways to incorporate both cultures/religions into our ceremony in a meaningful way. We had so many guests compliment us after the wedding on a beautiful ceremony, and we have Maureen to thank for that! Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Daniel · Married on 05/27/2018

Maureen worked with us both on the ceremony and handling the stress of wedding planning. She was very calm and always happy to help us. Many people afterward complimented her words and the ceremony form. Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Jillian · Married on 05/20/2018

Reverend Jefferies was an absolute angel! She was so easy to work with, she personalized our entire ceremony to us, and made such an impression with all of our guests. My husband and I know we made the right and BEST decision by having Reverend Jeffries perform our ceremony. You will not be disappointed if you go with Reverend Jefferies. Get ready for an amazing ceremony and all of the compliments! We love and adore you, thank you again for EVERYTHING ❤️

Sent on 07/09/2018