Reverend Maureen Jeffries Reviews

98 Reviews for Reverend Maureen Jeffries

• Brittany

Brittany Scherer · Getting married on 01/01/2022

The absolute best!

After seeing the beautiful ceremony Maureen did for my sister and brother-in-law, my husband and I knew we wanted to use her for our wedding. The whole process was so easy and positive right from the start- even at our first meeting, we felt like we'd known her for years!

Maureen effortlessly captured the special parts of our relationship that make our love unique. The ceremony was truly amazing- there were tears, laughter, and everything in between. Our guests continued to come up to us all night raving about how beautiful the ceremony was.

It's clear that Maureen was meant to do this, and she is so gifted at it. We highly recommend her and we're happy to call her our friend now!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Vivian

Vivian · Getting married on 07/24/2021

Perfect ceremony

Working with Rev. Maureen was such a great experience! She was so flexible with our schedules when we were having our initial conversations and then that flexibility continued as our plans changed multiple times due to COVID-19. Then, we had the most beautiful ceremony! She took the time to really get to know us and customized the ceremony to make it perfect for us. We can’t wait to have her perform our vow renewal next year!

Sent on 08/26/2020
  • F

Francis Nunez · Getting married on 03/05/2021

On Short Notice Quarantine won't stop our love!!

We decided to get married within a week after our decision because our original plans pre-quarantined times had to be changed. Pastor Jeffries was so helpful in finalizing our commitment and she taught us a lot about the meaning of marriage in our intial conversation via Zoom. I would highly recommend her to others!

Sent on 05/21/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Francis - small, sweet, heart-felt... and that view! Your wedding was the stuff people dream about, I'm so glad I got to play a small part in the story of a boy from the Bronx marrying the love of his life.

Tim Quinn · Getting married on 03/05/2021

The Best Socially-Distanced Ceremony We Could Ask For!

When a global health crisis derailed our wedding plans (and rearranged everyone's lives), Maureen was flexible and helpful throughout our rescheduling/replanning process. We eventually decided to go through with a small, socially-distant ceremony that far exceeded our expectations! The words were beautiful, and the few family members in attendance - as well as those joining in over Zoom - loved it. She understood what made our relationship work, and it showed in the ceremony. Truly a moment we will never forget.

We are so glad to have chosen Maureen, and we look forward to working with her for our First Anniversary vow renewal!

Sent on 05/23/2020

Ellen Roche · Married on 07/30/2020

The Anchor We Needed

My finance and I were having such a difficult time in deciding whether or not to have our wedding during the pandemic, knowing that much of our out of state family and friends would not be able to attend. We did decide to move forward however, even though parts of us couldn't fully embrace the decision. So with a heavy heart we moved through the final preparations. Finally though after working with Rev Jeffries on our vows and talking with her in zoom meetings, the many reasons why we wanted to get married became abundantly clear. Her steadfastness and clarity of thought on life and love was the anchor we needed to feel joyful in not the best of times. Right up to the last minute God was throwing his usual wedding curve balls, but once Rev Jeffries started the ceremony the rest of the evening was flawless. We are so thankful for her presence in our wedding!

Sent on 08/09/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Ellen I am so glad I was able to be a part of your wedding and that I could help during this crazy year. Your relationship is an inspiration. It shows that even if we don't know where life is taking us, sometimes you just have to enjoy the ride! Congratulations to you and Joe, I know that you will have many, many happy years together!
  • Jenn

Jenn M · Married on 07/10/2020

Best officiant ever!

From the first phone conversation with Maureen over the phone, I knew we had to book her for our wedding. She is kind, funny, and most of all an amazing listener. Maureen just doesn't talk to you once and uses a basics script, she talked with us for about 2 hours at her home office and then several times leading up the ceremony. Maureen might have been a stranger before we hired her but I consider her a friend now! She mended humor, love, and our personalities so well into our ceremony, while also appeasing our mothers with a light religious touch. Maureen, you are the best!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Right back at you Jenny! So much fun to be a part of your wedding day. Can't wait to see where this journey takes you. I know I'll think of you and Steve every time I take the Queensboro Bridge, cause baby all he wants to do is come home to you.💕
  • Stephanie

Stephanie B · Married on 06/10/2020

Absolutely amazing

It's been over four months since our wedding and our wedding guests are still commenting about our ceremony and how beautiful and great it was. They loved all the personalized touches and that it fully represented my husband and I. Working with Maureen was like a dream - she was very responsive and really worked with us to get everything that we wanted to be included. I am so thankful we worked with her and cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie - It was such a pleasure to work with you and be a part of your day - even if one of you is an Islanders fan - no names mentioned. Wishing you many, many years of happiness!

Jessica Milone · Married on 05/24/2020

Absolutely Fantastic Officiant and Beautiful Ceremony

If you’re looking for a wedding officiant, look no further than Rev. Jeffries. She has been amazing, especially throughout this whole pandemic. She has met with us a few times and the conversation flows as if she is one of our closest friends. She helped us write our vows, and even did a meditation session for brides who had to reschedule their wedding, which my now wife thoroughly enjoyed. She even went above and beyond to officiate our small, socially distanced wedding ceremony this past weekend, so that my wife and I could keep our original wedding date. She is everything we could have ever asked for in an officiant and I would give her the highest of recommendations. She is such a good officiant that we are using her twice! (Once for our small ceremony and once for our postponed date)

Sent on 05/29/2020

Artemis Lambrianou · Married on 04/25/2020

Zoom Wedded Bliss

Absolutely best decision ever. Rev Jeffries took time to get to know us and make our day special. Even though of original wedding date was postponed due to COVID-19, the Reverend did not stressed. She worked with us to make our wedding day special even with the bumps in the road. We loved that she took time not only to get to know us but our family as well. We would absolutely recommend her to others looking for a reverend full of love and passion for what they do. She absolutely loves, love!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Kelly · Married on 01/26/2020

Winter Wedding

Maureen was amazing. We are a mixed faith couple and didn't have a clear vision for our ceremony, and were so grateful to have Maureen come to our rescue! Maureen brought many creative ideas to the table! She has such a calming presence. She really allowed us to create something special that represented us with through the readings and traditions we wanted in our ceremony, and she was flexible with late in the game changes. Maureen created a beautiful, personalized ceremony that had us and our guests laughing and crying. She was comforting, reliable, and organized. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Audrey · Married on 12/08/2019

Wonderful!!

Reverend Maureen was so wonderful. She wrote an absolutely beautiful ceremony and we were so comfortable with her. She took the time to know us and personalize our experience. I would not have had our wedding day any other way!

Sent on 01/08/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey and James, Your family is beautiful!
    Each of you is such an important part of the life you have built, I'm so glad that you recognize that and love each other so well. Wishing you many, many years of happiness.
  • Andrew

Andrew Laszyn · Married on 11/23/2019

Love her! Like the best friend we never had!

Such an awesome officiant! Would recommend to anyone. She went above and beyond to make our say unforgettable! She was able to make a very unique ceremony that surprised me. She was even there to support us mentally and emotionally before during and after the wedding. We are so glad she was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Andrew please make sure the two of you stay in touch. You both are so kind and thoughtful and take care of one another so well. Remember to lean on one another, there is a reason you found each other. Thank you for letting me be a part of your story.

Alex Robinson · Married on 11/14/2019

Rev Jeffries is the BEST

Reverend Jeffries was everything we could have asked for. She is kind, thoughtful and funny. It was a delight to work with her and she made everything feel so easy. Maureen guided us through writing our vows and created a ceremony, with our help, that was perfect for us in every way. She was extremely responsive, flexible and helpful. Our day was truly magical and we feel so lucky we found Rev Jeffries to be part of it.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Alex - That was the most beautiful sunrise ceremony. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of the most memorable day. Onto the next few magic moments - like becoming parents in a few months! I can't wait until you can enjoy those sunrises as a family. Babies wake up super early too! Can you put a baby seat on a spin bike?
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 11/10/2019

An unforgettable experience

Reverend Maureen Jeffries has found her calling. Hiring her for our wedding ceremony was one of my best decisions. She truly took the time to get to know us as individuals and as a couple. She captured exactly what we wanted for our ceremony. She performed a very personalized and memorable wedding ceremony that everyone raved about. I strongly recommend her without reservation.

Sent on 12/08/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Jackie - Thank you so much for your kind words - I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to get to know you and Morgan. You are both such sweet, beautiful souls. I'm so glad that life found a way for the two of you to find one another - and I'm so happy you took the chance on love.
  • Lynda

Lynda · Married on 10/19/2019

Best reverend in tri state area

We first witnessed a wedding that Reverend Jeffries officiated for dear friends in 2015. When we found her on Wedding Wire, we knew we needed to have her be apart of our day!
    We had a total of 3 calls prior to the big day. During the process she made it fun while being perfectly realistic and open to our ideas to personalize our day, which we (still!) really appreciate.
    The ceremony was gorgeous and we had a ton of compliments about it. The icing on the cake was when the mesh of my gown ripped and she came in to save the day with her sewing talents! (Brides/Grooms - remember to pack a sewing kit in your bridal suite!)
    Maureen- thanks so much for making our day so easy breezy & full of love, we were so happy to have you in our life during this time!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Lynda - You know that I loved every minute of creating your ceremony - getting to use my sewing talents - now that was definitely the icing on the cake! Thank you for putting your trust and faith in me. Thank you for being so kind and generous during the process and thanks for the stromboli!
  • Zachary

Zachary V Boyce · Married on 10/19/2019

Maureen is the best.

Maureen took so much time and effort to get to know my wife and I personally. She built our ceremony so it was customized to us and what is important to us. It made our ceremony so much more intimate and touching and we couldn’t have been happier. Her experience and guidance helped us create a ceremony we will never forget.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Zack! Such a pleasure to get to know the two of you and your families. Thank you for being so open and honest with me through the process and for putting your whole heart into the ceremony. Wishing you love and happiness today and always.
  • Erica

Erica Zoon · Married on 10/19/2019

Happily Married by Maureen!

My husband and I are so happy with our decision to have Maureen marry us. We had spoken to several officiants but both immediately felt “done” when we spoke to Maureen. While many of the others felt very churn & burn and impersonal, she was the complete opposite. Who would officiate was really important to us and Maureen delivered in every way. We wanted a ceremony that was moderate & brief, a blend of mostly religious readings/message but also incorporated secular ones. Maureen was fully respectful of this, gave great suggestions for how to accomplish this goal, and helped build a ceremony that we loved. She took the time to counsel & get to know us and customized a ceremony to match. She communicated and involved us so we felt comfortable with everything and weren’t at all concerned about surprises day of. On our wedding day, she showed up early and didn’t run out the door the second the ceremony was over, which we really appreciated. We had so many guests compliment Maureen/us on our ceremony, and we totally agree- it was perfect. Highly recommend!! Thank you, Maureen!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Talia S. · Married on 10/11/2019

Above and beyond!

Our wedding was more than two months ago and yet I still cannot believe how incredibly blessed my husband and I are to have had Rev. Maureen Jeffries play such a special part in our day. She MADE our ceremony the most meaningful, memorable, and joyful event for us and for all of our guests. More than that, Rev. Jeffries's advice in the days leading up to the wedding was invaluable. Her expert coaching enabled us to formulate and articulate our own ideas on the meaning of marriage and to openly discuss all of the things we value in our partnership. We are so grateful to have gone through this process with Maureen as our guide. With remarkable perception, Rev. Jeffries crafted a personalized ceremony that was so completely reflective of who we are as a couple, our values, and personalities. Her understanding and knowledge of our different cultural and religious backgrounds ensured that several key aspects of our traditions were harmoniously integrated.
    I have to add that she did all of this on an incredibly compressed timeline. Due to a family emergency prior to the wedding, we were delayed in our planning. It was less than two weeks before our wedding day that we contacted Rev. Jeffries--by chance she was available--and she was incredibly prompt, effective, and kind to us throughout the entire process. Thank you, Maureen!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Talia - You are so very welcome. The first wedding I ever did was at The Grounds for Sculpture, I was so lucky to be able to go back there and experience it again. The two of you are so sweet and kind and delightful and your families were just lovely. I am the lucky one to be able to have met your grandmother and heard her story and to have been able to relay your sweet romance to your friends and family. Thank you for putting your faith in me!

Sara Ghaly · Married on 10/06/2019

She's simply amazing.

If you're looking for a ceremony that is personally tailored and unique to you and your spouse-to-be, Maureen is the best there is. When my husband and I met her, we both immediately knew she was going to be the one. She is gifted in her abilities to derive certain elements about what makes you special as a couple. She really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and as individuals, and somehow turns it into a magical ceremony. After meeting with her, you leave feeling closer to your s/o and it's such a heart-warming feeling that I wanted my sister and her husband to meet with her just to be able to experience her in that regard! She is thoughtful, creative, kind, flexible, very attentive, and goes above and beyond for you. She arrived a couple of hours early, ensuring everything was on track. Our ceremony was so beautiful, so personal, so sweet; that it perfectly captured my husband and me as a couple, and she was able to incorporate certain traditional elements that left everyone truly attuned as to what our love was all about. It was the perfect tone, length, and content. Our guests loved her, and we got several compliments on her delivery of the ceremony. We give her the highest recommendation, without reservation. Whatever you envision your ceremony to look like is exactly what you'll receive on your wedding day, and it'll leave you in awe of her creativity even after it's done. We love you, Maureen. Thank you for making our ceremony so incredibly special.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for your kind words, for sharing your wedding day with me and for sharing your family and friends. I am humbled by your kindness and in awe of you and Emiliano and the lovely way you have about you. You are going to be great at this marriage thing!

Allison · Married on 08/19/2019

Surpassed our wildest expectations.

If you are looking for a custom tailored wedding ceremony Rev. Jeffries is the only way to go. She was able to incorporate traditional elements from our mixed religions as well as beautiful cultural elements that felt inclusive to everything our relationship represents and who we are.
    We could not believe the warm and passionate words she shared especially having known us for only less than a week.
    Thank you for sharing our special day with us and for giving us the most beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Allison - It was such a pleasure to spend your wedding day with you! So pleased at how easily it all fell into place. Wishing you all the best. Stay in touch!

Colleen · Married on 07/28/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Prior to our wedding, Maureen took the time to get to know my husband and I. Through conversations over the next several months, she crafted a beautiful ceremony that felt very true to our personal story. She really listened to us and created a fun, authentic mood on our special day!

Sent on 07/18/2020

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your family and your wedding day with me. I love when the ceremony is finished and think, "That was fun!" I know that you and Sean have just that kind of relationship - one where you finish whatever you are doing together and think, "That was fun!" Wishing you a lifetime of enjoying your days together!

Amy Coleski · Married on 06/30/2019

The best connection and experience for our wedding!

Choosing Rev. Maureen Jeffries as our wedding officiant was one of the best decisions we ever made! She performed my sister and brother in laws wedding 5 years ago and I felt she did a wonderful job then. She was the first person and only person I could imagine marrying my fiancé and I. She took the time to learn about us as a couple and wrote an amazing ceremony speech for our wedding. We felt like we knew her years in how we just connected with her. Maureen put us at ease with her friendly and kind demeanor. She worked closely with us in selecting meaningful readings and passages. Maureen also did a magnificent job of incorporating my husbands Macedonian traditions into the ceremony. After the ceremony our family and friends gave us many compliments on how personalized our ceremony was. They all felt the same connection to her as we did and thought she spoke so well. They also all said it was as if she had known us for years! Maureen has become family to us and we would highly recommend her as an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Amy, you know that you and Nikola will forever be in my heart. Thank you so much for entrusting me with the ceremony. It was so wonderful to be with your family once again. I hope to share many, many more celebrations with you all!

Michelle Lehman · Married on 06/28/2019

So fantastic to work with!

Maureen is great to work with. She took the time to get to know us both in person and over the phone and took our personalities into account when writing and performing our ceremony. She had great suggestions and recommendations on what works well and helped on focus on the important aspects of how we wanted our wedding ceremony to be. Not only did we love working with her, I received so many comments from guests on how much they enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle - I loved every minute of working with you both! Wishing you love and happiness for your first year and your forever after!

Christopher Santos · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Decision You'll Make.

Finding an officiant was probably the most difficult decision my wife and I had to make during the planning process. However, when we met Maureen, we knew she was the one. We didn't need to meet with any other officiants. She was inviting, professional and extremely personable. During our first meeting with her, we felt as though she had known us for years. We had no idea what questions to ask or where to even begin but, Maureen took her time and guided us through the entire thing. On the day of our wedding our guests could not stop raving about how amazing she was. We could not be happier with our decision to have her marry us!

Sent on 09/04/2019