Reverend Maureen Jeffries Reviews

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 4
Reverend Maureen Jeffries 5

Audrey · Married on 12/08/2019

Wonderful!!

Reverend Maureen was so wonderful. She wrote an absolutely beautiful ceremony and we were so comfortable with her. She took the time to know us and personalize our experience. I would not have had our wedding day any other way!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Andrew

Andrew Laszyn · Married on 11/23/2019

Love her! Like the best friend we never had!

Such an awesome officiant! Would recommend to anyone. She went above and beyond to make our say unforgettable! She was able to make a very unique ceremony that surprised me. She was even there to support us mentally and emotionally before during and after the wedding. We are so glad she was a part of our wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Alex Robinson · Married on 11/14/2019

Rev Jeffries is the BEST

Reverend Jeffries was everything we could have asked for. She is kind, thoughtful and funny. It was a delight to work with her and she made everything feel so easy. Maureen guided us through writing our vows and created a ceremony, with our help, that was perfect for us in every way. She was extremely responsive, flexible and helpful. Our day was truly magical and we feel so lucky we found Rev Jeffries to be part of it.

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 6
    Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 11/10/2019

An unforgettable experience

Reverend Maureen Jeffries has found her calling. Hiring her for our wedding ceremony was one of my best decisions. She truly took the time to get to know us as individuals and as a couple. She captured exactly what we wanted for our ceremony. She performed a very personalized and memorable wedding ceremony that everyone raved about. I strongly recommend her without reservation.

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 7
    Sent on 12/08/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Jackie - Thank you so much for your kind words - I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to get to know you and Morgan. You are both such sweet, beautiful souls. I'm so glad that life found a way for the two of you to find one another - and I'm so happy you took the chance on love.
  • Lynda

Lynda · Married on 10/19/2019

Best reverend in tri state area

We first witnessed a wedding that Reverend Jeffries officiated for dear friends in 2015. When we found her on Wedding Wire, we knew we needed to have her be apart of our day!
    We had a total of 3 calls prior to the big day. During the process she made it fun while being perfectly realistic and open to our ideas to personalize our day, which we (still!) really appreciate.
    The ceremony was gorgeous and we had a ton of compliments about it. The icing on the cake was when the mesh of my gown ripped and she came in to save the day with her sewing talents! (Brides/Grooms - remember to pack a sewing kit in your bridal suite!)
    Maureen- thanks so much for making our day so easy breezy & full of love, we were so happy to have you in our life during this time!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Lynda - You know that I loved every minute of creating your ceremony - getting to use my sewing talents - now that was definitely the icing on the cake! Thank you for putting your trust and faith in me. Thank you for being so kind and generous during the process and thanks for the stromboli!
  • Zachary

Zachary V Boyce · Married on 10/19/2019

Maureen is the best.

Maureen took so much time and effort to get to know my wife and I personally. She built our ceremony so it was customized to us and what is important to us. It made our ceremony so much more intimate and touching and we couldn’t have been happier. Her experience and guidance helped us create a ceremony we will never forget.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Zack! Such a pleasure to get to know the two of you and your families. Thank you for being so open and honest with me through the process and for putting your whole heart into the ceremony. Wishing you love and happiness today and always.

Talia S. · Married on 10/11/2019

Above and beyond!

Our wedding was more than two months ago and yet I still cannot believe how incredibly blessed my husband and I are to have had Rev. Maureen Jeffries play such a special part in our day. She MADE our ceremony the most meaningful, memorable, and joyful event for us and for all of our guests. More than that, Rev. Jeffries's advice in the days leading up to the wedding was invaluable. Her expert coaching enabled us to formulate and articulate our own ideas on the meaning of marriage and to openly discuss all of the things we value in our partnership. We are so grateful to have gone through this process with Maureen as our guide. With remarkable perception, Rev. Jeffries crafted a personalized ceremony that was so completely reflective of who we are as a couple, our values, and personalities. Her understanding and knowledge of our different cultural and religious backgrounds ensured that several key aspects of our traditions were harmoniously integrated.
    I have to add that she did all of this on an incredibly compressed timeline. Due to a family emergency prior to the wedding, we were delayed in our planning. It was less than two weeks before our wedding day that we contacted Rev. Jeffries--by chance she was available--and she was incredibly prompt, effective, and kind to us throughout the entire process. Thank you, Maureen!

Sent on 12/11/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Talia - You are so very welcome. The first wedding I ever did was at The Grounds for Sculpture, I was so lucky to be able to go back there and experience it again. The two of you are so sweet and kind and delightful and your families were just lovely. I am the lucky one to be able to have met your grandmother and heard her story and to have been able to relay your sweet romance to your friends and family. Thank you for putting your faith in me!

Sara Ghaly · Married on 10/06/2019

She's simply amazing.

If you're looking for a ceremony that is personally tailored and unique to you and your spouse-to-be, Maureen is the best there is. When my husband and I met her, we both immediately knew she was going to be the one. She is gifted in her abilities to derive certain elements about what makes you special as a couple. She really takes the time to get to know you as a couple and as individuals, and somehow turns it into a magical ceremony. After meeting with her, you leave feeling closer to your s/o and it's such a heart-warming feeling that I wanted my sister and her husband to meet with her just to be able to experience her in that regard! She is thoughtful, creative, kind, flexible, very attentive, and goes above and beyond for you. She arrived a couple of hours early, ensuring everything was on track. Our ceremony was so beautiful, so personal, so sweet; that it perfectly captured my husband and me as a couple, and she was able to incorporate certain traditional elements that left everyone truly attuned as to what our love was all about. It was the perfect tone, length, and content. Our guests loved her, and we got several compliments on her delivery of the ceremony. We give her the highest recommendation, without reservation. Whatever you envision your ceremony to look like is exactly what you'll receive on your wedding day, and it'll leave you in awe of her creativity even after it's done. We love you, Maureen. Thank you for making our ceremony so incredibly special.

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 8
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 9
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 10
    Sent on 10/23/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for your kind words, for sharing your wedding day with me and for sharing your family and friends. I am humbled by your kindness and in awe of you and Emiliano and the lovely way you have about you. You are going to be great at this marriage thing!

Allison · Married on 08/19/2019

Surpassed our wildest expectations.

If you are looking for a custom tailored wedding ceremony Rev. Jeffries is the only way to go. She was able to incorporate traditional elements from our mixed religions as well as beautiful cultural elements that felt inclusive to everything our relationship represents and who we are.
    We could not believe the warm and passionate words she shared especially having known us for only less than a week.
    Thank you for sharing our special day with us and for giving us the most beautiful ceremony.

Sent on 08/22/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Allison - It was such a pleasure to spend your wedding day with you! So pleased at how easily it all fell into place. Wishing you all the best. Stay in touch!

Amy Coleski · Married on 06/30/2019

The best connection and experience for our wedding!

Choosing Rev. Maureen Jeffries as our wedding officiant was one of the best decisions we ever made! She performed my sister and brother in laws wedding 5 years ago and I felt she did a wonderful job then. She was the first person and only person I could imagine marrying my fiancé and I. She took the time to learn about us as a couple and wrote an amazing ceremony speech for our wedding. We felt like we knew her years in how we just connected with her. Maureen put us at ease with her friendly and kind demeanor. She worked closely with us in selecting meaningful readings and passages. Maureen also did a magnificent job of incorporating my husbands Macedonian traditions into the ceremony. After the ceremony our family and friends gave us many compliments on how personalized our ceremony was. They all felt the same connection to her as we did and thought she spoke so well. They also all said it was as if she had known us for years! Maureen has become family to us and we would highly recommend her as an officiant for your wedding.

Sent on 08/18/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Amy, you know that you and Nikola will forever be in my heart. Thank you so much for entrusting me with the ceremony. It was so wonderful to be with your family once again. I hope to share many, many more celebrations with you all!

Michelle Lehman · Married on 06/28/2019

So fantastic to work with!

Maureen is great to work with. She took the time to get to know us both in person and over the phone and took our personalities into account when writing and performing our ceremony. She had great suggestions and recommendations on what works well and helped on focus on the important aspects of how we wanted our wedding ceremony to be. Not only did we love working with her, I received so many comments from guests on how much they enjoyed the ceremony.

Sent on 08/15/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle - I loved every minute of working with you both! Wishing you love and happiness for your first year and your forever after!

Christopher Santos · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Decision You'll Make.

Finding an officiant was probably the most difficult decision my wife and I had to make during the planning process. However, when we met Maureen, we knew she was the one. We didn't need to meet with any other officiants. She was inviting, professional and extremely personable. During our first meeting with her, we felt as though she had known us for years. We had no idea what questions to ask or where to even begin but, Maureen took her time and guided us through the entire thing. On the day of our wedding our guests could not stop raving about how amazing she was. We could not be happier with our decision to have her marry us!

Sent on 09/04/2019

Katie · Married on 05/04/2019

Everything you could ask for!

My husband and I were married on May 4, 2019 and are still in complete awe of how perfect our wedding ceremony was thanks to Rev. Maureen Jeffries! From the moment we reached out to Maureen to see if she was available to officiate our wedding she was professional, friendly and always available to touch base throughout the planning process. Maureen took time with us individually and as a couple to help create a personalized ceremony that encompassed Christian and Jewish traditions to tell our very special love story. Maureen’s professionalism and attention to detail exceeded our expectations. Our family and friends were extremely touched by her words and we could feel the calm and loving energy in those moments. Moments we will hold in our hearts forever! It was the best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Alison · Married on 04/12/2019

Great Experience! Made The Day A Memorable One!

We found Reverend Jeffries on Wedding Wire and are so happy we reached out! We live on the West Coast but we’re getting married back in New Jersey and so many of our meetings were on the phone or via Skype. From the first meeting with her over Skype, we felt the Reverends’s warmth and comforting attitude radiate through the screen. It wasn’t just about the wedding day with her. She made you feel relaxed and kept us laughing with her stories. On our special day, Reverend Jeffries was attentive to us and our families, making sure everyone was comfortable and knew what their role and responsibility was going to be. She went the extra mile to make sure our day was extra special. We can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • mallory

mallory · Married on 12/23/2018

An Unforgettable wedding ceremony!!! Truly a special experience!!

Our wedding ceremony was so personal and special thanks to Maureen! My best friend had used Maureen to officiate her wedding, and my fiancé (at the time) and I were so impressed with Maureen’s soft-spoken demeanor and wonderful storytelling that we contacted her about ours. Best decision ever! People are still talking about how amazing, personal, and beautiful the ceremony was and others are reaching out for Maureen’s information for friends that are getting married. First off, Maureen is sweet, witty, funny, and warm. She makes you (and your friends and family!!) feel immediately at ease and comfortable when in her presence. My husband and I met with her to discuss our relationship, how we met, how we feel about each other, etc. Things that most people don’t talk about often, but she made us feel comfortable and allowed us to be open. We also filled out a questionnaire individually and then separately to give her more insight into our feelings, which was a really nice exercise to do before the wedding, reminding us both of all the great things we’ve been through and all the great things to come. The thing I find so special about Maureen is that she CARES; this isn’t just a job to her. She really delves deep to understand you both as individuals, and as a couple. She listens, and she wrote the MOST beautiful ceremony for our wedding. I cried the first time she read it to us; it was perfect. During our ceremony, I was so happy knowing that these beautiful words were so thoughtfully written specially for my husband and I. It was truly so special! And our guests were so moved and impressed they’re still talking about it!!! I highly recommend working with Maureen; she will make your wedding ceremony unforgettable. She is not only a great officiant, but a beautiful person as well!

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 11
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 12
    Sent on 02/12/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Mallory- I can’t thank you enough for your kind words. Your wedding was such a magical night - thank you for letting me be a part of it! Thank you for sharing your family and friends - I really mean it when I say I am the luckiest person at every wedding. Gil and I will celebrate 21 years together this year. I really believe it is the strength of all the relationships that I have had the privilege of being witness to that has made our marriage so strong. I know you and Danny will take care of each other in such a brilliant way in your years to come . Shoutout to Sean from his favorite Padre. ♥️

Matt · Married on 11/20/2018

Made Our Wedding Day Wonderful

My wife and I wanted a ceremony that was personal, while honoring the time-tested elements of a traditional ceremony. Maureen delivered on both counts. She took the time to get to know us, our story, our values and learn a little bit about the people in our lives. This process was not only useful, but inspired us to reflect more deeply on our relationship and what we want to create in our life together. From this meeting Maureen created a ceremony plan and vows that felt immediately "right". She completed the ceremony plan with our feedback and when the big day finally arrived, she conducted a beautiful service for us and our loved ones. Many people commented it was the best wedding ceremony they'd even been a part of. We could couldn't agree more.

Thank you, Maureen. For everything.

Sent on 01/23/2019

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Matt - I can't thank you and Pam enough for choosing me to be a part of your wedding. Thank you so much for your kind words here, but also for your kindness during my Dad's illness. I'm so glad that you and Pam found one another! Much love to your families. -Maureen

Sarah · Married on 11/10/2018

I cannot recommend Reverend Maureen enough

Maureen was incredibly thoughtful about our ceremony and delivered something that was very meaningful while still having light-hearted moments. She was willing to have as many conference calls as we wanted, though our ceremony came together quickly in the end and we only had two phone calls. I had several guests comment that they were very impressed with our ceremony.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Sarah - What an extraordinary wedding that was! I knew it was going to be a fun ceremony from the minute I walked out to greet the guests - you had a room full of people so happy for you and Matthew - but also ready to party! Thank you for letting me be a part of it all. Maureen

Matthew Perry · Married on 11/10/2018

Outstanding

She was thoughtful in her preparation and kind at each stage. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Thank you Matthew! You were also kind and thoughtful in your preparation at each stage. Thanks for being so open and honest and for sharing the day with me!
  • Joanna

Joanna Vogel · Married on 10/12/2018

Stress free and meaningful

So easy to work with, process was stress-free, ceremony was creative and meaningful, lovely lovely experience. So glad we chose to work with her, we did hand-fasting and also a quote from Jane Eyre - but also traditional vows. Was very cool!

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 13
    Reverend Maureen Jeffries 14
    Sent on 12/29/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries's reply:

Joanna - Thank you for your kindness and generosity in letting me be a part of your lovely wedding. Every detail was perfect and I know you had the best of both worlds - A small intimate affair for Adam and a lovely romantic ceremony for you. I'm so glad to have been a part of your day!

Natalie Evans · Married on 09/15/2018

Intimate Wedding Ceremony

We do not belong to a church or anything, so we needed to find an officiant somehow. We emailed Maureen with the details of our wedding and then had an initial Skype call. We talked for about an hour and discussed ourselves and got to know her a bit too. We decided to move forward with Maureen. Because an in person meeting didn’t work with our schedules, we planned a second phone call during which we discussed the type of ceremony we wanted and other details. Maureen had us fill out a questionnaire – part of which we did together as a couple, and the other part we answered as individuals. This was so she could tailor the ceremony to us, rather than just read some words that had been used many times before.
    After we sent in the questionnaire, Maureen worked on a first draft of the ceremony, and we had a call in which she read it to us. She asked for our feedback and made sure we were comfortable with everything. As a couple, we initially had disagreed on whether to write our own vows, but she talked us through this and gave us a good alternative (we wrote our own vows together, as opposed to doing different ones or something we didn’t write ourselves). Because we were having a non-denominational ceremony, we weren’t too sure on what elements would be part of the ceremony. Maureen suggested several great alternatives and was able to put together a ceremony that felt perfect for us. We had another call closer to the wedding to finalize everything.
    Everything went smoothly the day of our wedding. Maureen arrived a couple hours early and made sure we had the marriage documents in order etc. She helped keep everyone calm right before the ceremony. Maureen did a terrific job with the ceremony itself. Several people told us how great she was. We agreed. We had a small, intimate ceremony, so when Maureen “audibled” slightly from the script she had previously read, it worked perfectly. Maureen chatted with us after the ceremony during the cocktail hour and met some of the other guests. Overall we were so happy with Maureen. She did a great job getting to know us and making the ceremony personal, even though we only talked a few times and only were able to meet in person the day of the wedding. We can’t recommend Maureen enough.

Sent on 11/11/2018
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/14/2018

Maureen did such an amazing job making our ceremony special and memorable. It was the most important part of our day and she really went above and beyond to make it more than we ever expected it would be.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Deanna · Married on 09/14/2018

I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect ceremony - and that is ALL thanks to Reverend Jeffries. Truly, she is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever met and she was made to officiate ceremonies. I was anxious about the process of finding an officiant - I didn't really know what I wanted, except that I hoped my ceremony would be unique to myself and my husband, have a little humor and lots of love/warmth - Reverend Jeffries delivered. She took the time to get to know my husband and I - we met via Skype, met in person, spoke on the phone and Skyped again all before the ceremony. I felt like she knew us and she knew our relationship and it truly showed during our ceremony. Family and friends commented countless time how much they loved the ceremony - how it was so uniquely us! I could not be more happy with my experience. I would recommend Reverend Jeffries over and over again - she is in a league of her own.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Tresten · Married on 09/08/2018

Reverend Maureen was truly wonderful. Her approach to the ceremony was one of humor, kindness and love. Maureen was a great listener when getting to know my husband and I, and was happy to tailor the ceremony to exactly what we envisioned. I highly recommend. Several guests at our wedding told me, “the officiant was great!”

Reverend Maureen Jeffries 15
    Sent on 10/04/2018

Ellen · Married on 09/02/2018

Reverend Maureen Jeffries was a delight to work with and helped us make our wedding so meaningful. My husband/fiance wanted Maureen to officiate our wedding as he recalled her services at his brother's wedding a few years ago. So we could compare and understand what we wanted, we also interviewed a few other officiants. When we selected Maureen she wasted no time in setting up a meeting so we could meet in person and understand each other. We had a really good conversation with Maureen about our relationship, how we met, and how we viewed/defined love, etc. She provided some thoughtful and helpful relationship advice and then we discussed the stories she would weave into our ceremony.

She has a soothing and calming voice that is near angelic. She was very aware of our cultural differences and suggested weaving in some elements - a quick tea ceremony - into the ceremony. It worked out really well and we really appreciated it.

Maureen is a professional. It was easy to tell that she loves her work as she worked with us to perfect her remarks (over a few additional meetings) and she helped us to fine-tune our personalized vows.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Regina · Married on 08/17/2018

We absolutely loved every part of our ceremony! It was the perfect amount of traditional and personal! Rev. Jefferies took the time to get to know us and put so many small personal touches throughout our ceremony, making it incredibly touching to my husband and I. She even ensured to include our daughter in amazing ways! Rev Jeffries was calm and professional during our ceremony when a bee sent our daughter and ring bearers running and screaming, not missing a beat and improving perfectly to make everything flow! We could not have asked for a sweeter, more personal ceremony!

Sent on 10/14/2018