Rev. Sam the Marrying Man Reviews

50 Reviews for Rev. Sam the Marrying Man

Russell Warriner · Married on 10/26/2019

Recommend without reservation!

Reverend Sam is great!

Sam was very flexible with our nontraditional ceremony, on short notice. We got in touch with him just over a month before our wedding; on top of that, we wrote our own highly untraditional ceremony, and gave him the script the week of the wedding! He quickly provided helpful feedback, and helped us to feel at ease during a busy final week of planning.

He also did a great job with the ceremony itself. He read our ceremony naturally, clearly having practiced. He also spoke clearly and loudly so that everyone could hear.

Sam was professional throughout. In addition to the comments above, he got on the phone with us right away to explain how things work, and helped us to determine what type of package we needed (elopement vs. wedding). He provided a few files with ceremony tips, as well as six different example ceremonies for us to consider. The whole time I felt he truly wanted the best thing for us.

We were so pleased with Reverend Sam's services, and recommend him without reservation!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Katrina

Katrina Heim · Married on 10/06/2019

Professional and helpful!!

Sam the marrying is amazing!! We had a destination wedding so we didn’t get to meet him until we walked down the aisle, and the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. He is very professional and HELPFUL! I had no idea how to put a ceremony together and he helped 100% while I still got to customize it and make it our own. Sam is also great at telling you how to get your marriage license and then takes care of it for you after the wedding. Which helped us tremendously! Anyone would be lucky to have Sam marry you!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Anna · Married on 01/05/2019

Wonderful experience with Rev. Sam

Rev. Sam officiated my wedding in Athens, GA on January 5. It was such a beautiful ceremony. Rev. Sam was very helpful and easy to work with. We were able to do premarital counseling through him, and customize our ceremony to be meaningful to us and our families. I highly recommend Rev. Sam!

Sent on 01/14/2019

Kara · Married on 10/27/2018

What a fantastic man

Truly a blessing Rev. Sam was for us - he is incredibly professional, truly personable, and overall a great human. We loved how kind he was to us through our journey - from helping to find the most perfect wedding coordinator (as he worked with her in the past) for the day of to helping us create a ceremony that was unique to us - giving ideas and guideance based off of his past experiences. He is honest and truly a blessing of a man. Please use Rev. Sam for your wedding journey

Sent on 11/04/2018
  • JenElliottEhrhardt

Jen · Married on 09/22/2018

RevSam - kind and professional

RevSam was a lovely addition to our wedding experience. He was kind and professional. So experienced, and so accommodating.

He's got vast experience and has seen everything under the sun - nothing surprises him. And yet he treated us like our wedding mattered. He remembered every detail, and went above and beyond our expectations.

Sam has multiple service components to customize into a unique service. He also graciously incorporated our own elements.

We are thrilled with his work at our wedding, and cannot recommend him highly enough to other couples. Thanks, Sam! Hugs from Jen and Britt

Sent on 02/18/2019

Brittany · Married on 06/14/2018

Rev. Sam was so fast at responding.
    We had such a wonderful ceremony. He had a great speaking voice. He checked out writen ceremony before wedding day to see if it needed any changes.he was very professional. He came to both of us before the ceremony and gave us some helpful tips and advice. Made us feel comfortable!

Sent on 06/20/2018
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 04/21/2018

Rev. Sam was very resourceful and helpful through the wedding planning. He gave a beautiful ceremony, and my family loved him!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Anita · Married on 04/06/2018

Reverend Sam did a wonderful job officiating our wedding. He was very easy to work with, professional and helpful! He has a lot of experience which shows leading up to wedding day, at rehearsal and on the Big Day. He helps make sure everything runs smoothly. He was very flexible with options for our wedding ceremony and very affordable considering what all he helps with. Thank you Reverend Sam!
    Anita & Ben

Sent on 04/16/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 03/20/2018

Sam was one of our favorite people to work with throughout our wedding planning process. He is prompt, compassionate, flexible, and exceedingly knowledgeable. He gave us extremely detailed instructions during rehearsal (how I should pass off my bouquet, how my husband should hold my hands, what to do in case the rings won't go on, etc.) We didn't have to remember a thing in our nervous state, because Rev. Sam gave us subtle cues throughout the ceremony. This man has performed close to 1,000 weddings, and there is nothing that he can't prepare you for. I guarantee your ceremony will be flawless if you chose Reverend Sam, the Marrying Man.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Rev. Sam the Marrying Man's reply:

Thanks, Faith. It was a lovely ceremony and you were a lovely couple!

Lee · Married on 12/16/2017

We can’t thank him enough for giving us a wonderful, memorable elopement. Rev. Sam is the best !
    Thank you so much Rev. Sam for making our elopement special.
    Cyrella and Lee. Married 12-16-17.

Sent on 12/18/2017

Virginia · Married on 09/23/2017

Rev. Sam was amazing! He was very patient and took the time to explain the ceremony process. He responded very quickly and was very flexible with his schedule. Rev. Sam arrived on time and was very professional especially with my big family. I would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 09/25/2017

Rev. Sam was amazing to work with!!! He was very experienced, walked you through the process very thoroughly and gave you a lot of options. With my busy schedule, we were not able to meet until the day of the wedding and it was like we had known each other the whole time. Very professional, very articulate with the ceremony and so friendly. We enjoyed getting to choose how our ceremony went and we felt confident in Sam to deliver it that way. It was a ceremony I'll never forget. Thank you Sam for everything!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Rachel · Married on 06/17/2017

Choosing Rev. Sam was a one of the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. He was flexible in making time to meet and quick to respond to emails, answering every question we could think of and asked us questions we hadn't yet thought of to make sure that our ceremony was absolutely perfect and exactly what we wanted. He was patient with us at our rehersal dinner and with just a few run throughs our whole party was confident and the ceremony went flawlessly day-of. I could not recommend him enough.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 06/11/2017

Rev. Sam is simply the best! He was always professional and accommodating throughput the entire process. He has such a sweet and caring demeanor that makes you feel incredibly special. He helped with things that we didn't even think of and took care of so much for us. Every person in our wedding party fell in love with him. Even many of our guests complemented him and the way he conducted the ceremony. He was so personable to everyone he came in contact with and made everyone feel comfortable. We highly recommend him to anyone no matter your religious preference or style of wedding. He is TOP NOTCH!!!

Thank you, Rev. Sam for such a perfect service!!!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Matthew · Married on 05/28/2017

Rev Sam was absolutely masterful in officiating our ceremony. He provided support and suggestions as needed and in a prompt and courteous manner. We could not have asked for a better officiant. Whether we spoke on the phone, in person or thru email, Rev Sam was always super helpful, upbeat and excited about our wedding. There honestly could not have been a better person to officiate our wedding, we are honored he stood with us and married us

Sent on 05/31/2017

KAITLYN · Married on 12/10/2016

Rev. Sam is amazing! He knows your nervous and makes things simple and easy.

Sent on 01/03/2017

Dana · Married on 06/10/2016

Before I found Rev Sam I was going to go to the courthouse to get married bc I did not know I can get an Officiant to conduct a ceremony for me. Then Rev Sam came to the rescue. He laid everything out for me seamlessly and took control which put me at ease. Rev Sam is very Honest, Professional, and most of all Affordable. I am very very pleased by what we were able to put together in such a short amount of time. He made my day very very very special and I will never forget it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM for his services.

Sent on 06/19/2016

Jackie · Married on 06/04/2016

Rev. Sam helped us design just the service we wanted. We were able to include my husband's children in the service and have a wedding at home with just the four of us that was very special. My stepdaughter dropped my husband's ring during the ceremony and Rev. Sam handled it perfectly, bringing some laughter into the service which allowed to me to finish my vows.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Jackie · Married on 05/29/2016

Rev. Sam was great very personable and easy to work with. We highly recommend him as an officiant!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Reverend Sam was absolutely wonderful. He gave us several options for ceremony wording (we ended up pulling pieces from a few different ceremonies, plus added our own personal spin) which was awesome! There is nothing negative to say at all... He was a great officiant!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Crystal · Married on 04/17/2016

We wrote our ceremony to be very meaningful for us. We had been married as very young teens which lasted a very short time due to our age. We found each other again over 35 years later so this marriage is special for so many reasons for us. Rev Sam performed the ceremony and somehow made our ceremony even more special for us. We choose the perfect minister and our special day was made even more special with Rev Sam performing our ceremony. He is wonderful ! Anyone whose choses to use Rev Sam will be making a perfect decision for your wedding ceremony !!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Brandon · Married on 04/16/2016

Wow. Where do we begin? Sam was more than we could have asked for in an officiant. He was professional, knowledgeable, compassionate, humble, punctual, and funny. From the outset of our e-meeting with Sam, we felt a comfortable connection and knew he would be a great addition to our big day.

In our first communications, Sam clearly outlined everything we would need to do in order to be prepared for the wedding which made it so much easier to plan. For instance, he got us familiarized with the process for working through the probate court to obtain our license; he also taught us how to go about wedding counseling (even going as far to offer complimentary services for this!), among others.

On the rehearsal day, Sam was great about connecting with us face-to-face AND made a point to meet our family and friends-- this was particularly special for us. On the wedding day, Sam officiated flawlessly and we couldn't have imagined a more perfect ceremony. We greatly appreciate Sam's services and would recommend him without reservation!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Sara · Married on 04/02/2016

Rev. Sam is fantastic. He is not only very knowledgeable about how to coordinate a wedding, but he is also so genuine and kind. He helped us choose the perfect vows and our ceremony could not have turned out better. He was so patient, helped us feel at ease, and he was so helpful with the legal aspect of getting married as well (how to obtain a marriage license, when you will get your certificate, etc). We could never have asked for a better officiant. Highly recommend! Thank you Sam!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Beka · Married on 03/26/2016

Rev. Sam officiated our wedding, and I could not be more pleased with how the ceremony went. He was always very responsive, and answered any questions I had along the way. He is a true professional, and knows how to help you create your unique ceremony that has proper flow and order. I would recommend him to anyone getting married!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Patrick · Married on 02/01/2016

Sam was an absolute great wedding officiant who is a consummate professional and treated my now wife and I great. We would definitely recommend him for other couple in the great state of Georgia. Sam spent time with us to go over everything and even gave us an analogy pep talk and tools when we were at the alter in the event we got stuck or overcome with nervousness.

Sent on 02/04/2016