Rev Russ Sorensen Reviews

105 | Westmont, IL

105 Reviews for Rev Russ Sorensen

• Jon

Jon Allerton · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Amazing is the way to describe our wedding

We saw Rev Russ at my cousin’s wedding. We immediately approached him about performing our ceremony. We met with him for a consultation and booked our date.

From start to finish, it was a great experience. He is a good listener and was able to discern what we wanted and guide us in selecting the various elements of the ceremony.

The most wonderful part of the planning process was the completion of our relationship biography’s’. From our contribution, he created a wonderful narrative that he shared at our ceremony.
    It touched the hearts and funny bones of everyone in attendance. Wow?

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Vivian

Vivian Kareck · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Picture-Perfect

Our wedding was picture-perfect—it was a work of art. Every moment from our first meeting with Rev Russ was filled was love and joy. The planning process insured that our ceremony was flawless and exceeded our expectations.

We highly recommend Rev Russ!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Quinn

Quinn Barth · Getting married on 04/07/2021

Another Family Member is Getting Married - Call Rev Russ

My husband and I are the 5th couple in our family to be married by Rev Russ. Each service was unique. Each service was superb. Ours was the best of course. Thanks Rev!!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Jasmine

Jasmine Turst · Getting married on 12/09/2020

Way Beyond Expectations

In this topsy turvy time, our original wedding plans were abandoned. We were disappointed to have to change our plans and have a smaller wedding, but everything turned out perfectly and exceeded our expectations. This was due mainly to Rev Russ.

He carefully worked with Rev Russ and together we created a beautiful ceremony. Our ceremony was beautiful, meaningful, and fun. Hiring Rev Russ was the best decision we made for our wedding ceremony. It was an awesome day and will never be forgotten by us and the people who attended.

Sent on 10/07/2020
  • Jayce

Jayce Bainton · Getting married on 11/07/2020

Rev Russ is awesome!

We could not be more pleased with Rev Russ. In fact, we are overjoyed. Our wedding ceremony was a dream come true. Rev Russ puts you at ease immediately. He went beyond the call and made the process easy and fun.

Thanks Rev Russ – I hope we get a commission on all the inquiries you received after our ceremony!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Jean Hankinson · Married on 09/10/2020

Our wedding masterpiece

It is becoming a tradition. I am the fourth member of my family to have Rev Russ officiate a wedding. Based on his performance at our ceremony, it will not be the last. Our wedding was uniquely ours. Rev Russ took our vision and created a masterpiece. We are so pleased. Reach out to Rev Russ – you will be glad you did. Thanks Rev Russ!

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Turpin · Married on 08/08/2020

Our Dream Wedding

We decided to have a small intimate ceremony before our big shindig in 2021. There was disappointment with the delay, but our intimate ceremony with close family and friends turned out to be the best. Thank you, Rev Russ, for your kindness, flexibility, and professionalism.

Our guests, both those present with us and via Zoom raved about the ceremony. It was beautiful, it was thrilling, it was sacred, it was joyous. It was, in a word…perfect.
    Thanks to Rev Russ our Wedding Ceremony was perfect.

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Tanya

Tanya Sherwin · Married on 06/06/2020

Small but Mighty

Our wedding was smaller than we had planned, but Rev Russ made us forget Covid-19 so we could fully celebrate our marriage with our close family and friends.

We have a sense that this is the way it was meant to be. Filled with beauty, charm, joy and meaning it was a day we will always cherish.

Rev Russ is a special minister – Thanks for everything Rev!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Gwen

Gwen Quarrell · Married on 02/09/2020

We are thrilled with Rev Russ

We are thrilled with Rev Russ' services. From our first meeting we knew he would be wonderful in developing and leading our ceremony with a personal touch. So many of our guests told us it was the most beautiful and unique ceremony they had ever witnessed. Our friends and family learned special things about us as a couple. Rev Russ has wonderful ideas. We especially enjoyed having a section of the ceremony that was new to us to hear for the first time on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Katie

Katie Kursmark · Married on 12/10/2019

Wonderful Officiant

We feel SO LUCKY to have had Russ officiate our wedding. It is a little hard to explain, but Russ literally radiates happiness and positivity. He's such a great spirit to have around on your big day. Rev Russ took time to get to know us, and our ceremony couldn't have been more personal. It captured our story so perfectly and was exactly what we wanted. Some of our guests thought Russ was an old friend!!! Best officiant ever.

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Liz

Liz Gioglio · Married on 11/03/2019

You don⠹t have to worry about a thing

Rev Russ is an amazing officiant! He picked up on our personalities and the type of people we are and utilized his insight and created our special ceremony. He is gentle, charming and funny. He makes the whole process super simple. You don’t have to worry about a thing. I highly recommend Rev Russ to all the future brides and grooms out there, he is really the best you’ll get and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Michele

Michele Searcy · Married on 10/18/2019

Intimate, fun, humorous, beautiful, and unforgettable ceremony

Rev Russ is more than an officiant. We were struggling to decide if we even wanted an officiant for our wedding. This is because the ceremonies that we were attending were often tedious and impersonal. However, after reading some of Rev Russ’ reviews we decided to meet with him. We wanted to know what all the rave reviews were about. After meeting Rev Russ, we couldn’t imagine anyone else marrying us. Rev Russ gets to know each of his couples deeply. He understands intuitively what drives a relationship and can pull out common themes and core values of the couples he is marrying. Through his unique process, Rev Russ provides an intimate, fun, humorous, beautiful, and unforgettable ceremony. After our ceremony people could not stop asking how we knew Rev Russ and complimenting the moving words he spoke for us. If that wasn’t enough Rev Russ even helped us set up our venue and was around in case any unforeseen circumstances occurred. Simply put, Rev Russ is one of the warmest and most loving/joyful people we have ever met. You will not regret hiring him, and he will make your special day truly memorable. As cliche as it is to say, there are not words to describe how amazing Rev Russ is. We cannot thank him enough for everything he did for us, and for making our vision a reality.

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Iris

Iris Henneberry · Married on 10/06/2019

He’s So Fine

Rev Russ delivered our dream ceremony! We had the most amazing experience with him from start to finish. He put all the time and effort necessary to get to know us and our relationship, and he made our vision of a simple heartfelt ceremony come to life!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Rev Russ Sorensen's reply:

Dear Iris and Pete!

You are an awesome couple. It was my joy to officiate your wedding. Everything was so beautiful - especially you and Pete.
  • Heather

Heather Spoto · Married on 10/05/2019

Rev Russ Really Knows What He is Doing!

Working with Rev Russ was such a wonderful experience. He is so caring and thoughtful. He
    took time to get to know us and asked us so many thoughtful questions in order to write the
    perfect ceremony for us. We really enjoyed talking with him beforehand and collaborating on the
    ceremony. The ceremony was perfect. He is truly a pro! It was beautiful, meaningful and joyful,
    and had the aspects of traditional ceremonies we wanted. Our guests were very impressed with
    the ceremony and how touching it was. We felt like we were in such good hands throughout the
    process because Rev Russ really knows what he is doing and gave excellent advice and
    suggestions. We couldn't have asked for more from an officiant. He took the stress out of
    planning our wedding ceremony and helped make it such a perfect experience.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Meredeth

Meredeth Haitley · Married on 09/29/2019

Transcendent

From the moment we got in touch with Rev Russ we knew he was the one. What immediately stood out to us was his responsiveness. I swear Rev Russ must never sleep! He and his assistant, Donna, always answered our emails, texts, and phone calls. It gave us peace of mind knowing he was always there to answer our questions. Rev Russ was also very kind and thorough when providing us information. But what we appreciated most about Rev Russ was knowing we were not only working with a professional but a truly kind person. Rev Russ’ passion for making couples’ wedding days special. I thought I could not be more impressed with Rev Russ until the day of the ceremony when he presented our Love Story. His gift for storytelling left our guests laughing, crying, and smiling as they reminisced over our dating days. FYI – Rev Russ has a wonderful sense of humor and timing. Rev Russ truly went ABOVE AND BEYOND. His personalized touch made our ceremony truly unforgettable. Thank you, Rev Russ!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Claire Stradley · Married on 09/28/2019

Our Wedding was beautiful and exciting

Rev Russ officiated our wedding at a friend’s home and did an amazing job! He was very respectful of our desire to keep the ceremony secular/non-religious. He also took the time to gather information from both of us so that he could personalize the ceremony. He worked with us in creating our own personal vows and provided many examples and ideas. The ceremony itself was beautiful and exciting. In short, I would highly recommend Rev Russ!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Amber

Amber Zimmerman · Married on 09/22/2019

5 stars all the way

Russ was incredible. We wanted our ceremony to be different, powerful and sentimental. He nailed it. He understood our needs and wants and put so much effort into making the ceremony just want we dreamed of. We met with him a few times and created our ceremony and love story and he asked all the right questions to create such a beautiful evening. We could not have picked a better officiant. Rev Russ gets 5 Stars all the way. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and we are so thankful we choose Russ to be such a key part of our magical day!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Connie

Connie Wu · Married on 09/21/2019

Guess who performed our wedding ceremony…Rev Russ!

We were planning on spending a great deal of money on our dream wedding. Then, when it came time to choose an officiant, our first thought was to save some money. It was at this point that my cousin Anna stepped in.

She asked me if I remembered her wedding. I said, “Of course I do, it was awesome. She proceeded to ask me what I had to eat, what color the tablecloths were etc. I had no recollection. I couldn’t even remember where it was held. She then asked, “What do you remember?” I responded instantly, “your ceremony!” “It was the best I ever witnessed,” I added. “The minister was wonderful—we laughed and cried.”

“What was his name,” I asked? “Rev Russ” she said as she looked up his contact info. She then told me, “He is not the least expensive.” I realized right then and there that the ceremony was what mattered to me most. I wanted to celebrate my love for Shawn and share it with my friends and family.

Guess who performed our wedding ceremony…Rev Russ! We will never forget our beautiful wedding and our friends and family won’t either!

Thanks, Anna, for reminding me what a wedding ceremony could be and thanks Rev Russ for making our dream wedding come to life.

Rev Russ is Totally worth it!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Shelby

Shelby Spezio · Married on 09/20/2019

Rev Russ is your one!

Stop looking for your minister, Rev Russ is your one!
    For any couple interested in a ceremony that is spiritual, loving and joyful, Rev Russ is the perfect match. Rev Russ is a dream to work with. Rev Russ provided ideas on readings as well as for our vows. All the items he shared were easy to reference and perfect to assist us as we built our perfect ceremony. Additionally, Rev Russ was very supportive during hectic times leading up to the wedding. Guests continue to compliment the ceremony and were so impressed with Rev Russ.
    I very much encourage speaking, calling Rev Russ as he is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 10/16/2019

Eileen Ptasnik · Married on 09/13/2019

Rev Russ is incredible

Rev Russ is incredible. From the moment we met him we knew we loved him. We were impressed with his knowledge of various ceremony styles and formats and his passion for his craft. Our guests all thought that he knew us for years. He put a lot of time and energy into writing the story that he shared during our ceremony, and we loved it. His calming presence was such a blessing on the big day to keep us centered and focused on our purpose. I simply love him and highly recommend him as an officiant.

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Corcoran · Married on 09/07/2019

Rev Russ Delivers

We feel like Rev Russ is a member of our family. Everyone enjoyed him at our wedding, and we keep hearing how fantastic our ceremony was. From working with Rev Russ, we were confident that he would deliver, and he did.

Thanks Rev!!

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa Konklin · Married on 09/06/2019

What a Wonderful Day

What a wonderful day. We were thinking of just getting a judge to marry us or perhaps a family friend. We are so glad we followed a friend’s advice and reached out to Rev Russ. Our wedding day was so lovely and all our expectations (even my mom’s) were exceeded. I’ll give you the same advice that my friend gave me…reach out to Rev Russ.

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Gwen

Gwen Peskey · Married on 09/01/2019

Our wedding was Incredible

We knew we wanted Rev Russ from the very start…. but…we decided to keep looking. OMG Some of these officiants are like pushy sales people. Enough of that.

Rev Russ was straightforward, told us what to expect, what it would cost, what he would do (and assured us that he would be the one actually officiating our wedding)

The preparation was actually fun. The best part of all…our wedding was Incredible. Everybody loved it. We will never forget Rev Russ and our Extraordinary Wedding Day.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Diane

Diane Lott · Married on 08/31/2019

Our Perfect Choice

We wanted an officiant that would make our ceremony interesting, fun, and not just something to sit through till you got to the party.. Russ was the perfect choice! He was so personable right from the start and created a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I that was so “us”! We are grateful for him. We got so many compliments on our ceremony. Have no hesitation with Russ, you will not regret it.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Germaine

Germaine Winslet · Married on 08/30/2019

Our Unforgettable Wedding

Thank you, Rev Russ, for officiating our wedding! The ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we were hoping for. We truly appreciate the time you spent with us to make our ceremony so special. We will never forget wedding ceremony or you.

Thank you again for playing such an important role in our special day!

Germaine & Paul