Wine Country Wedding Officiant Reviews

Wine Country Wedding Officiant 5
Wine Country Wedding Officiant 6
Wine Country Wedding Officiant 7

Amelia · Married on 10/13/2018

Can't say enough! Absolutely wonderful!

While planning a destination wedding we were worried about being able to find an officiant and be able to connect with them so that they could know us on a more personal level and be able to make our ceremony special to us. We hit the jackpot with Richard Meyer! Richard was very responsive and easy to communicate with via phone and email. His ceremony left all of our guests buzzing. The two questions that we have heard most is, "How did you meet your officiant?!" and "How long has he known you?." Everyone has been shocked to find out we only had met with once in person and a couple phone calls prior to the wedding. Our guests were sure that he was a direct relative or friend of the family. He had a way of tapping into the our journey and making our day unique to us. Richard has a soothing presence and made sure we were calm and present in the moment for our ceremony. He talked us through every step and made the process simple. I can't say enough good things about Richard!!

Anna · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfectly Personalized Ceremony

Our wedding day was absolutely magical and a huge part of that was because of Reverend Meyer and the incredible ceremony he officiated. My husband and I thought long and hard about who we wanted to officiant our special day because we had specific desires for our ceremony. We wanted it to be highly personal, strike a balance between spirituality and inclusivity, and we wanted the process to be collaborative. We were so fortunate to find Rev. Meyer because he gave us all of these things and more!

He surprised us by speaking words that we had written about each other but never shared together. He helped come up with ways to include our family members in the actual ceremony and really listened to us about what we wanted the message of our ceremony to be. It was a perfect balance of sharing our thoughts and ideas and then Rev. Meyer taking over and crafting a beautiful and very thoughtful ceremony.

If our experience wasn't proof enough, we had almost every single person at our rather large wedding come up to us and rave about how our ceremony was the best they'd ever experienced. They thought it flowed beautifully, captivated their attention, and made them feel like they knew us even better as a couple. It set everyone up to have an incredible rest of the night at our reception. And if you're working with a planner, they'll love how Rev. Meyer is so organized and directive. He knows what he's doing!

Thank you Rev. Meyer!!

Megan · Married on 09/08/2018

Richard was the perfect choice for our intimate wedding ceremony! He was professional and helped us make the ceremony very personalized and special. We were so happy to have him be a part of our day.

Wine Country Wedding Officiant 8
    Wine Country Wedding Officiant 9
  • Loredana

Loredana · Married on 08/25/2018

Richard made our wedding ceremony perfect!

We were originally planning to have a friend officiate our wedding, but when plans fell through we had to find a new officiant with only a couple of months to spare. After reading all the rave reviews, we contacted Richard and immediately decided he was a perfect fit for us. He was so responsive and professional, and we really enjoyed the entire process of planning our ceremony with him. After the wedding, our friends and family couldn't believe Richard hadn't known us our whole lives! He really went the extra mile to get to know us and incorporate our personalities into our ceremony. If you're looking for an amazing officiant experience, I would definitely recommend Richard! He made the entire process stress-free and gave us a very special ceremony we will cherish forever.

Stefanie · Married on 07/14/2018

He was fantastic and flexible! A month away from our wedding day the officant we were going to use had something came up and took the challenge on! A day we won’t forget! It truly was an amazing experience

Wine Country Wedding Officiant 10
    Wine Country Wedding Officiant 11

Blake · Married on 07/07/2018

Richard was amazing

Richard officiated our wedding at Silverado this past July and did a wonderful job. He really took the time to get to know us beforehand and mixed in the exact right amount of humor, sincerity, and theme during the ceremony. He was also less expensive than many (all) other officiants in the Napa area, despite being an A+ choice.

Kate · Married on 02/18/2018

Richard did an amazing job and we could not have been more happy with our wedding ceremony!! We had a very diverse group of wedding guests - including friends and family with many differing religious beliefs. We chose to have a ceremony that was not really very religious and I was nervous that we might get some negative feedback from our more religious guests. But we LOVED the ceremony that Richard created for us and felt that it really captured who we were as a couple and the love that we have for each other. And afterwards we received so many compliments from our guests!! It really was a beautiful ceremony. Richard was so nice, professional, and easy to communicate with. We would gladly recommend him to anyone searching for their wedding officiant! Thank you Richard!!

Drew · Married on 10/06/2017

The BEST Officiant in Wine Country

Rev Meyer is hands down the best wedding officiant in wine country. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Rev Meyer. He is extremely professional and very accommodating to wants and needs. He set the tone for the events of the evening. It was important to us to have an officiant that not only knew our story but could also share it with our guest. Rev Meyer listened and studied our love story; we felt as though he had known us all of our lives. His voice in your wedding video is also first class. I HIGHLY recommend Rev Meyer for your special day in wine country.

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Wine Country Wedding Officiant 12

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Drew for your review. As chance would have it I was doing a ceremony with Sean the day before your first anniversary and both had fond memories of your day. Please give my bast to Stephanie!

Sophie · Married on 08/19/2017

Wedding planning can be a hectic and crazy and sometimes stressful experience, but if you choose Richard as your officiant, you will definitely not have to worry about the ceremony! Richard brought with him a sense of calm, warmth and humor that made our ceremony relaxed and fun. Richard's service doesn't just start with the ceremony, however. He is there throughout the whole process of designing the ceremony. He wrote a very personalized script that incorporated our personal stories and anecdotes. He made our ceremony effortlessly feel like ours, and we couldn't thank him enough for being part of this treasured memory. Thank you Richard!

Nina · Married on 08/06/2017

We are so thankful that we found and choose Richard to be our officiant! My wedding couldn't have been any better and we got so many compliments on the way that Richard's officiating. He did an amazing job weaving together the style we wanted with our personal love story in a unique and compelling way. Also Richard was a pleasure to work with. Calm, genuine, understanding and utterly profession. If you are looking for an officiant, your search it over! Call Richard immediately:)

Sent on 09/03/2017

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank Nina for the kind words, working with you and Kevin was my sincere pleasure. Wishing you both the very best! Richard

Amber · Married on 07/15/2017

Like I'm sure many people, we didn't really know what we wanted from our officiant. Most of what my wife and I could agree on was what we didn’t want in the ceremony! Richard's experience and intuition took care of that. After sending him a somewhat vague and challenging list of wants he delivered a perfect, personal ceremony. Guests we were not expecting to have much to say about the ceremony gave us glowing reviews of Richard’s speech. We couldn’t be happier with our choice. Thank you Richard!

bethaina · Married on 06/24/2017

Rev Richard Meyer was such a pleasure to work with. He made my job as the wedding planner so much easier. He had a detail timeline that he worked closely with the bride and groom weeks prior, arrived early on site, was so organizing and professional and even with a little hick up with the microphone, he was able to work around it and made a beautiful ceremony celebration for my couple. He is simply the best!

Jessica · Married on 05/06/2017

Richard came highly recommended from our wedding coordinator and boy was she spot on! We started off by meeting Richard for coffee. He made us feel comfortable, walked us through the entire process and helped us get to know him as a person. We honestly didn't know what went into the ceremony and how someone could get to know us without really knowing us for years. Well, he did it. Richard gave us a heart-felt, personable and meaningful ceremony. One thing that I remember hearing the most (and I can't count how many people came up to me) was immediately following the ceremony to say how wonderful our ceremony was and how much they loved our officiant. Richard was a complete success. I still have people telling me how much they enjoyed the ceremony and what a great guy they thought he was. You won't be sorry if you choose to have Richard as your officiant!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Wine Country Wedding Officiant 13

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Jessica for the great review, and the wonderful memories.

Gwyneth Winnie · Married on 05/05/2017

Reverend Meyer officiated our wedding in Napa and we could not be more happy with our wedding ceremony! He was highly recommended by our wedding planner and we are so grateful and thankful that we worked with him. He really went above and beyond our expectation. We would recommend him to any couple!

Gabriela · Married on 03/30/2017

Rev Meyer was absolutely amazing from the beginning! Not only the ceremony was funny, touching and so personalized but before ceremony he also went with us thru some ceremony details we would never think about . All our guests were impressed and asking where did we find him. We could hear just compliments about him. We absolutely recommend him! Thank you rev Meyer for such a memorable ceremony!

Erica · Married on 11/18/2016

Richard is an absolute dream. Not only did he give us the most touching and beautiful ceremony he helped us through the whole process. We married in Sonoma out of state and he took the time to really get to know us, share ideas, and help with pre-wedding nerves. Love, Love, Love Richard! Thank you so much for all you gifted us on our special day!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Thank you Erica, please give my greetings to Jon. Holiday Best, Richard

craig · Married on 11/05/2016

Richard was our officiant for our wedding on 11-5-16 at Brasswood Estate in Napa Valley. The whole process of working with him was seamless and we could not be happier with his services. When we finally got to our ceremony we loved how he personalized it for us and it exceeded our expectations.

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Craig, give my best to Kristin.

Jessica · Married on 10/15/2016

Do not even waste your time looking anywhere else! Richard is absolutely incredible. I have to say, I was concerned when I was going through the process of picking out an officiant, but he completely nailed it in every way possible. I was so impressed with all of the personal touches, it was as if he had known us and our relationship better than we did ourselves. I had people calling for weeks afterward telling me that it was the best ceremony they've ever been to. People even asked if we had known Richard before starting this process. There aren't enough words to say how happy we are with the outcome!

Danette · Married on 09/30/2016

Richard officiated my wedding on September 30th in Napa. He was amazing!! We received many compliments from our guests that he was one of the best officiants they have seen. Our ceremony was the perfect combination of funny, sincere and romantic. I would definitely recommend him!

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Danette, for the quick response, please give my best to Peter.
  • Ruby

Ruby · Married on 09/24/2016

Richard was our officiant for our wedding on 9.24.16 at Solage Calistoga and he was amazing! Our friends and family actually thought Richard was a family friend, because the ceremony was so personal. They were shocked to hear that we met him day of. I loved the way he set up the ceremony. I mixed and matched his ceremony templates to make it our own. He then had us answer a confidential questionnaire about each other. Everything came together better than I could have ever imagined. It was like we wrote our own vows without having to actually write them, and it wasn't cheesy at all! It was such an emotional and unforgettable ceremony! I highly recommend Richard's services.

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Ruby for the quick response, please give my best to Harrison.

Elaine · Married on 08/08/2016

We highly recommend Rev. Meyer as your wedding officiant. From our first communication with him through our wedding day, Rev. Meyer was the utmost professional and very responsive. We enjoyed the process he uses to get to know us, and were very pleased that he created a personalized and meaningful wedding ceremony. Rev. Meyer did an incredible job, in spite of the high winds we faced getting married in August in Bodega Bay! He performed a ceremony we will always remember. Thank you, Rev. Meyer!!

Sent on 12/09/2016

Thank you Elaine, please give my best to Dan. Holiday Best! Richard
  • I

Inez · Married on 07/09/2016

Rev. Meyer put together a personally-tailored and meaningful ceremony for us -- and he did it in just a few days. We booked Rev. Meyer just about a week before our wedding, and he still came up with beautiful vows and helped us think through some ceremony details that hadn't occurred to us.

Many of our guests (it was a tiny wedding) told us afterward how "us" the ceremony was, and how much it moved them.

If Rev. Meyer could do such a phenomenal job for us in a week, imagine how well he'll do for your undoubtedly better-organized wedding! We wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Thanks Reverend!

Sent on 07/19/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you for the thoughtful review! My sincere best to you both. Richard

Angela · Married on 03/29/2016

Richard was exactly the officiant we wanted. Very professional, straightforward, and easy to work with. He took time to get to know us and what we were looking for in our ceremony. We really enjoyed having Richard officiate our ceremony and highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Wine Country Wedding Officiant's reply:

Thank you Angela, give my best to Azim.

Peter and Jeannette · Married on 02/20/2016

Give Richard as much information as possible about what you want and about yourselves and then just leave it to him and TRUST him! We gave Richard a rather vague and very "late-in-the-day" brief and yet he still managed to tailor a beautiful and very personal ceremony for us. He was brilliant and really made our day. Thank you Richard.

JESSICA · Married on 01/22/2016

I know two couples who have hired Reverend Meyer, and they were both extremely happy. The 2nd couple hired him at the very last minute - literally less than 48 hours before their wedding - after their original celebrant had to cancel due to a death in the family. He did an extraordinary job, with almost no notice. So comfortable, just the right amount of humor. He was touching, engaging, and kept the focus on the couple and their children who were blending into one family. Highly recommend!