Rev. Phil Passantino Reviews

60 | Elizabeth, NJ

60 Reviews for Rev. Phil Passantino

Diane · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Rev. Phil is exactly what we were looking for. My husband and I were both married in a Catholic church before for our first marriages. Even though we both had grounds for annulments we didn't want to spend the money or go through the process being we wanted to get married in the gardens at our venue. Rev. Phil was completely understanding and helpful. Not only did he listen to our needs and wants but he also recommended a book about 2nd marriages we read. He gave us his time and energy and was open to all of our ideas. For example- blessing rings for our children (my husband has a son and I have a son and 2 daughters), Unity Cross, gem vase where our guests each had a glass gem and placed it in a vase before taking their seats, giving us their blessing (we incorporated this into the ceremony). He included elements of a Catholic based ceremony such as readings and the Our Father per our request. His words were heartwarming and personal. Everyone still compliments us on our ceremony and the kind, professional, friendly, and compassionate Rev. Phil.
    I searched the internet trying to find an officiant who could be accepted by both our church going parents and include the religious element in our "Country Elegance Ceremony". I knew right away when I hit on a video of a wedding he did that he was the one. After meeting with him my gut feeling was confirmed. It turns out he was from the same circle my husband grew up in. My husband and I had many circumstances that brought us together yet we did not meet until later in life. Rev. Phil was just another one of those "this is meant to be". We highly recommend him to be your officiant if you want sincerity, class, professionalism, and love to be part of your day.
    P.S. He is very affordable and worth every penny.

Sent on 01/10/2016
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 10/06/2019

Great Officiant & Great Person

Phil gave us the best ceremony which everyone still talks about. He was such a professional coming on-time, prepared and incorporated so much personalization about the two of us. We had laughs and so much love throughout our ceremony. All the while Phil was a calming presence who kept the ceremony flowing with no awkward pauses or moments. Our family really enjoyed the stories about us he told and everyone was laughing at his jokes. We couldn't be happier with the outcome and would highly recommend him to anyone else. We even invited him to stay for the ceremony because we just felt so much like he was a friend of our family. Thanks again Phil!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Swenja & Andy · Married on 09/27/2019

Paster Phil

Phil was amazing to work with and made our ceremony perfect. He met with us a few times until we had everything pat down for our big day. We highly recommend Phil
    Swenja & Andy

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michael Wierzbicki · Married on 09/14/2019

Thanks, Phil!!!

We specifically chose Phil as our officiant because he could perform the ceremony in both English and Portuguese. We were able to edit the ceremony "script" to our liking and were very pleased with Phil's services. Additionally, we had him play acoustic guitar before the ceremony, for the walk, and lasty for the close of the ceremony. The guests really loved that part, as we received many compliments. Communication was very easy, and the whole process went smoothly. Thanks, Phil!!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Michael and Afonso, for letting me be a part of your wonderful morning wedding at Bobo Restaurant in the West Village, NYC. You were both beaming with joy.... everyone loved your heartfelt vows!
  • David

David · Married on 09/02/2019

Thanks Rev. Phil!

Due to my Fiancee's visa, we had 30 days to get married.

Everything was last minute and we were in serious doubt that we could pull it off! Our pastor was unavailable on such short notice so we did not have an officiant. Thankfully, one of my friends highly recommended Rev. Phil. From the very start, Rev. Phil gave us great confidence that we had found the right wedding officiant.

His ceremony templates are extensive and varied enough that is easy to choose the perfect flow and content. We chose a Christian based ceremony but he can basically accommodate any type. He is also very flexible. In our rush, we waited until the very last day to send him final revisions and he seamlessly worked them into the ceremony. His communication was also great...he always responded in a timely manner and provided whatever help was required.

The wedding itself went off without a hitch thanks in large part to Rev Phil's great officiating. He even wove in personal touches about our relationship he obtained from his questionnaire!

My wife and I hope to only get married once in our lives but if we renew our wedding vows I'll be sure to contact Rev Phil! We also will not hesitate to recommend him to our friends and family!

Thank you Rev. Phil!
    David and Roxanne

Sent on 09/06/2019

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks David & Roxanne! That was a real special day, you could feel it in the air. I was so happy to be part of your cool little wedding in that art gallery space in TriBeca. Your handwritten vows were very moving. (I actually almost teared up at Roxanne's at one point.) Hearing the story of your courtship reminded me how devoted and powerful love can be. I also loved your unique decorations and the hospitality of all your family and guests. God bless your love!
  • Yoli

Yoli Reyes · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding Ceremony

Accommodating, and excellence service!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Yoli! Nice to officiate for you in Español and English. My first wedding at the Grand after it changed from the Bethwood - beautiful place for a beautiful couple. God bless!
  • Alessandra

Alessandra · Married on 07/27/2019

The Perfect Officiant for our Wedding

Our wedding was bilingual and interfaith, which required an unusual amount of flexibility and preparation from Reverend Phil. He was simply perfect: caring, professional, extremely likable.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Alessandra and David. It was a true joy to officiate for you and your warmhearted families from Brazil and New York, at The Castle in Tarrytown. You decorated the chapel so wonderfully with all the candles... in this special place, it was easy to see the joy in each of your eyes throughout the ceremony. David also gets a gold medal for all the Portuguese he spoke - he pronounced it so well! Thanks for picking the more interesting options that many couples never choose, including kneeling, sharing wine, breaking the glass, and having the Ringbearer enter to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now"!! That was such a hit. It all really made a difference. God bless you both!
  • Fernando

Fernando Lopez · Married on 06/25/2019

Perfect ceremony

Phil was great to work with and made us feel at ease before, during, and after the ceremony. He had many helpful suggestions and ideas for the ceremony and was flexible, responsive, and willing to help whenever we needed it. He has a great sense of humor and demeanor and guests at our wedding commented on how great a job he did for our ceremony.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 04/05/2019

Amazing ceremony!

My husband and I were looking for an officiant/ reverend to officiate our wedding, someone who could give a nice ceremony without being boring. I have to say that reverend Passantino exceeded our expectations! What an amazing ceremony he did!!! Our families were absolutely delighted by Phil! He is super calm and that helped us A LOT! standing in front of 100+ people is not the easiest :).
    We definitely recommend him !

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Campana · Married on 10/26/2018

Wedding Ceremony

Phil did an amazing job conducting our ceremony. We are still receiving compliments. He was easy to work with and tailored our ceremony to fit our needs. He threw in some jokes to keep the crowd alive and also had loving, serious moments to make everyone feel the love in the room. Thank you for making our day so special, Rev. Phil!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Jessica and Matt... Yes you’re right, we really could feel the love in the room. It was kind of a magical night at Florentine Gardens - glad to be a part of it! All the best - Phil

Kaitlin · Married on 10/20/2018

Just beautiful!

Rev Phil did an amazing job for our ceremony!! He was so easy and fun to work with. I got so many compliments about how beautiful the ceremony was. He really worked to make it special for you as a couple. Thank you for being amazing!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Kaitlin and Gerald, you rock! What a magical night at David's Country Inn, & you looked so happy together. Sorry that your cat Clark couldn't be there with us, but I know he was home thinking of you. :) Stay blessed and keep smiling!

Megan Julian · Married on 10/19/2018

Wedding 10/19/18

Rev. Phil was the officiant at our wedding on 10/19/18 and he did a great job! From start to finish the planning process was smooth and simple. Rev. Phil is really easy going and a total pro at what he does. We met once in person prior to the wedding and we corresponded several times leading up to our big day. He arrived early and prepared. I would definitely recommend using him as your officiant!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Megan & Andy! That was a nice day with you at Skyview Golf Club... glad we could do it outside. And the Breaking of the Glass was a fun touch at the end. All the best! - Phil

L K Graf · Married on 10/07/2018

A Perfect Beginning

Our wedding ceremony was perfect. Rev. Phil was such a blessing to us.
    He provides many options to make your ceremony special. There is a questionnaire that you can fill out to make it as personal as you want it to be. I recommend him highly.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Laura & Kurt! A wonderful memory with you at Lake Valhalla Club - great to see you laugh & smile together
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/08/2018

Phil was so easy to work with and did a great job putting together a ceremony that included multiple personal anecdotes and made our guests laugh. My guests are still saying what a beautiful ceremony it was. I'm happy we chose him and would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for an officiant.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Liz and Shane! So wonderful to see you smiling in that beautiful setting on the hill at Skyview Country Club. All the best! Phil

Patrícia · Married on 08/26/2018

He is so kindly and did a very good job in our wedding !!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Parabéns e Deus abençoe! Thanks so much Patricia and Lucas. I enjoyed officiating in Portuguese, and seeing the smiles on your faces. Your son's reading was very sweet. That window-filled room at Galloping Hill Caterers is a very nice location for a ceremony too. God bless!

Cynthia · Married on 08/25/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino made our ceremony so special and unique. He included a couple of funny comments and tailored everything specially for us. We also had very emotional moments. It was simply perfect and we could not be happier. We received many compliments on our ceremony. We highly recommend Rev. Phil.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Felicitaciones y dios bendiga! Muchas gracias Cynthia y Joe. You both were glowing in the sunshine, it was easy to see how happy you were. A beautiful day at Maritime Parc by the water in Jersey City. It was nice to see you laugh together, and when the car drove by, that was a funny moment! I'll always remember that. Nice to meet your family from Peru, too. All the best!

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2018

We found Reverend Phil through some recommendations and couldn’t be more pleased with our choice. He met with us to find out all the details of our relationship in order to truly get to know us before the big day. We were able to customize our ceremony to fit our needs. He gave us many options in order to do so. He delivered the ceremony with such grace and professionalism, everything turned out wonderful. I highly recommend Reverend Phil’s services to all future couples!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Kimberly & Kyle! It was my pleasure. Such a lovely sunny afternoon with you on the beach there at Rock Island, and great to see some old friends too. All the best!

Cristina · Married on 06/22/2018

Rev Phil Passantino was great! Schedule is very flexible and so easy to work with. We all know how many things need to be done before a wedding. He makes the process very easy and helps with anything he can help with. Very professional!!! Definitely recommend:)

Sent on 06/29/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Cristina! A beautiful night at the Rockleigh, and you both were glowing. It was a special evening. All the best!!

Andrea · Married on 01/20/2018

My fiance and I can't say enough about Reverend Phil. Not only was he so thoughtful and considerate about our ceremony's program, but also gave us ideas to help us along. We also hired him as our ceremony musician and our guests were raving about him. He played music as the guests walked in and waited for the ceremony to begin - a variety of love songs. He also played the recessional music and processional music. He was AWESOME. He also performed our ceremony in English and Spanish. A man of many talents. Thank you, Reverend!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Andrea! It was really my pleasure. Such a special morning inside Old Tappan Manor, and you both have a wonderful chemistry that was inspiring. Stay blessed and keep on shinin'! - Phil

Jill · Married on 10/29/2017

Absolutely wonderful wedding ceremony. Rev. Phil was amazing and added a personal touch. We received many compliments on how nice our ceremony was from our wedding guests.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Jill and Paul. Congrats! I really enjoyed it, especially when Paul chimed in with his sense of humor. Fun weddings are the best. Stay blessed!

Ariel · Married on 10/13/2017

Rev. Phil was a unique individual who provided my wife and I with a truly special ceremony.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Ariel & Jaline! That was a special evening at the Bethwood. Glad we could do it outside! The ring blessing with honoring the four directions came out cool. All the best - Phil
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/15/2017

Phil was phenomenal! He performed a truly heartwarming ceremony for us, delivering exactly the moving but joyful tone we wanted and getting the balance on the spiritual content of the ceremony perfect. And in two languages! Our guests had tons of compliments for the ceremony, noting how well he captured our personalities and how celebratory our ceremony was. Phil also performed on his accordion for the ceremony which made the whole thing feel like a fairy tale. We're thrilled to have had Phil at our ceremony, can't recommend him enough, and hope to keep in touch!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Frances & Glenn. That was wonderful to be a part of, and the first wedding where I got to play VALLENATO accordion AND officiate too! It was an honor, on a gorgeous beach day. You both really shine together. Stay blessed :)
  • I

Isabel · Married on 04/08/2017

Phil was great! He combined both cultures into the ceremony

Sent on 07/04/2017

amanda · Married on 02/25/2017

We absolutely loved working with Rev. Phil and having him officiate our wedding ceremony !! From the first time meeting him the process was not only easy and fun, but he truly put us as ease throughout all of the wedding planning process – Phil helps us create a ceremony that was tailored to us – He truly did an AMAZING job – He made our day so special and also kept our humor and lightheartedness throughout it all ! Our families and guests absolutely loved him, as did we !! Phil is such a great person and his warmth and heart show in everything he does – We were lucky to have found him and he truly made our day unforgettable !!!

Sent on 03/08/2017

Justin · Married on 11/12/2016

Fantastic!! Great personality, very friendly and wonderful to deal with!

Sent on 11/21/2016