Rev. Phil Passantino Reviews

49 | Elizabeth, NJ

49 Reviews for Rev. Phil Passantino

49 Rev. Phil Passantino Reviews

Diane · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Rev. Phil is exactly what we were looking for. My husband and I were both married in a Catholic church before for our first marriages. Even though we both had grounds for annulments we didn't want to spend the money or go through the process being we wanted to get married in the gardens at our venue. Rev. Phil was completely understanding and helpful. Not only did he listen to our needs and wants but he also recommended a book about 2nd marriages we read. He gave us his time and energy and was open to all of our ideas. For example- blessing rings for our children (my husband has a son and I have a son and 2 daughters), Unity Cross, gem vase where our guests each had a glass gem and placed it in a vase before taking their seats, giving us their blessing (we incorporated this into the ceremony). He included elements of a Catholic based ceremony such as readings and the Our Father per our request. His words were heartwarming and personal. Everyone still compliments us on our ceremony and the kind, professional, friendly, and compassionate Rev. Phil.
    I searched the internet trying to find an officiant who could be accepted by both our church going parents and include the religious element in our "Country Elegance Ceremony". I knew right away when I hit on a video of a wedding he did that he was the one. After meeting with him my gut feeling was confirmed. It turns out he was from the same circle my husband grew up in. My husband and I had many circumstances that brought us together yet we did not meet until later in life. Rev. Phil was just another one of those "this is meant to be". We highly recommend him to be your officiant if you want sincerity, class, professionalism, and love to be part of your day.
    P.S. He is very affordable and worth every penny.

L K Graf · Married on 10/07/2018

A Perfect Beginning

Our wedding ceremony was perfect. Rev. Phil was such a blessing to us.
    He provides many options to make your ceremony special. There is a questionnaire that you can fill out to make it as personal as you want it to be. I recommend him highly.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Laura & Kurt! A wonderful memory with you at Lake Valhalla Club - great to see you laugh & smile together
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/08/2018

Phil was so easy to work with and did a great job putting together a ceremony that included multiple personal anecdotes and made our guests laugh. My guests are still saying what a beautiful ceremony it was. I'm happy we chose him and would definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for an officiant.

Patrícia · Married on 08/26/2018

He is so kindly and did a very good job in our wedding !!

Sent on 08/27/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Parabéns e Deus abençoe! Thanks so much Patricia and Lucas. I enjoyed officiating in Portuguese, and seeing the smiles on your faces. Your son's reading was very sweet. That window-filled room at Galloping Hill Caterers is a very nice location for a ceremony too. God bless!

Kimberly · Married on 08/05/2018

We found Reverend Phil through some recommendations and couldn’t be more pleased with our choice. He met with us to find out all the details of our relationship in order to truly get to know us before the big day. We were able to customize our ceremony to fit our needs. He gave us many options in order to do so. He delivered the ceremony with such grace and professionalism, everything turned out wonderful. I highly recommend Reverend Phil’s services to all future couples!

Sent on 08/17/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Kimberly & Kyle! It was my pleasure. Such a lovely sunny afternoon with you on the beach there at Rock Island, and great to see some old friends too. All the best!

Cristina · Married on 06/22/2018

Rev Phil Passantino was great! Schedule is very flexible and so easy to work with. We all know how many things need to be done before a wedding. He makes the process very easy and helps with anything he can help with. Very professional!!! Definitely recommend:)

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Rev. Phil Passantino 2

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Cristina! A beautiful night at the Rockleigh, and you both were glowing. It was a special evening. All the best!!

Andrea · Married on 01/20/2018

My fiance and I can't say enough about Reverend Phil. Not only was he so thoughtful and considerate about our ceremony's program, but also gave us ideas to help us along. We also hired him as our ceremony musician and our guests were raving about him. He played music as the guests walked in and waited for the ceremony to begin - a variety of love songs. He also played the recessional music and processional music. He was AWESOME. He also performed our ceremony in English and Spanish. A man of many talents. Thank you, Reverend!

Sent on 01/23/2018

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks so much Andrea! It was really my pleasure. Such a special morning inside Old Tappan Manor, and you both have a wonderful chemistry that was inspiring. Stay blessed and keep on shinin'! - Phil

Jill · Married on 10/29/2017

Absolutely wonderful wedding ceremony. Rev. Phil was amazing and added a personal touch. We received many compliments on how nice our ceremony was from our wedding guests.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Jill and Paul. Congrats! I really enjoyed it, especially when Paul chimed in with his sense of humor. Fun weddings are the best. Stay blessed!

Ariel · Married on 10/13/2017

Rev. Phil was a unique individual who provided my wife and I with a truly special ceremony.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Ariel & Jaline! That was a special evening at the Bethwood. Glad we could do it outside! The ring blessing with honoring the four directions came out cool. All the best - Phil
  • F

Frances · Married on 09/15/2017

Phil was phenomenal! He performed a truly heartwarming ceremony for us, delivering exactly the moving but joyful tone we wanted and getting the balance on the spiritual content of the ceremony perfect. And in two languages! Our guests had tons of compliments for the ceremony, noting how well he captured our personalities and how celebratory our ceremony was. Phil also performed on his accordion for the ceremony which made the whole thing feel like a fairy tale. We're thrilled to have had Phil at our ceremony, can't recommend him enough, and hope to keep in touch!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Rev. Phil Passantino 3

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Frances & Glenn. That was wonderful to be a part of, and the first wedding where I got to play VALLENATO accordion AND officiate too! It was an honor, on a gorgeous beach day. You both really shine together. Stay blessed :)
  • I

Isabel · Married on 04/08/2017

Phil was great! He combined both cultures into the ceremony

amanda · Married on 02/25/2017

We absolutely loved working with Rev. Phil and having him officiate our wedding ceremony !! From the first time meeting him the process was not only easy and fun, but he truly put us as ease throughout all of the wedding planning process – Phil helps us create a ceremony that was tailored to us – He truly did an AMAZING job – He made our day so special and also kept our humor and lightheartedness throughout it all ! Our families and guests absolutely loved him, as did we !! Phil is such a great person and his warmth and heart show in everything he does – We were lucky to have found him and he truly made our day unforgettable !!!

Justin · Married on 11/12/2016

Fantastic!! Great personality, very friendly and wonderful to deal with!

Kevin · Married on 08/17/2016

Phil did a great job at our service. We had a small ceremony but Phil managed to make it very special and personal for us.
    He did a great job in doing the service in english and spanish what we asked for and couldn't have picked a better officiant.

Nicole · Married on 07/16/2016

We just wanted to thank Rev. Phil so much for a beautiful job! So many people have complimented us on how wonderful our ceremony was. Thank you for being a part of our special day!

We have no words to describe how happy we are and how perfect the ceremony was! Everybody was saying how amazing Rev. Phil was! Thank you so much for this beautiful moment! Thank you so much for celebrating the happiest moment of our lives!

Joe · Married on 06/07/2015

We just wanted to to send you a short note thanking you for making our marriage ceremony so beautiful and meaningful. It was much more touching than we could imagine it turning out. Several of our guests remarked to us that they found the ceremony to be very moving, and of course you were a big part of that. A big thank you from Joe and Anne

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Reverend Phil Passantino. What an amazing wedding ceremony!!! So many people came up to me after the ceremony saying how unique and beautiful it was, unlike anything they have seen before! They loved all of the cultural elements and felt engaged. Not only did Rev. Phil come up with beautiful vows and create a loving environment, he is multitalented. He played acoustic guitar and an African harp called the Mbira throughout the ceremony. He learned specific songs that I requested for my bridal party to enter too. We incorporated Eastern European and West African wedding traditions and cultural touches. Reverend Phil was encouraging and excited about this. He has a beautiful heart and is truly gifted. He captured our story and delivered perfectly, he truly understood us. He created a peaceful and fun environment for us and our guests. If you are looking for a non-traditional, beautiful cultural wedding ceremony with live music at an affordable rate Reverend Phil is the best!!!

Andrew · Married on 05/30/2015

Thanks so much for everything, it went great and everyone thought you playing the guitar before and after was awesome. I'll definitely recommend you to anyone I know getting married, or anyone who would need an officiant for anything. Thanks again.

Thank you so much for performing an amazing ceremony. Our friends and family commented on the "fun and light-hearted" ceremony, which is exactly what we were going for. Thanks again for all of your help and execution of such a memorable ceremony. We are truly appreciative.

Magdalena · Married on 06/14/2014

Phil was great to work with and he did a great job officiating! He was responsive with being able to meet with us, emails, and reassuring me with any wedding day worries I had. There was one particular moment during the ceremony where we had our 10 year old niece do a reading and when she was done Phil had said "Nothing is more special than being blessed by a child." He had everyone in tears! We will remember that particular moment forever. Thank you for everything!!

Corissa · Married on 10/19/2013

I just want to thank you so very much for being there on our wedding day. Everyone has been calling me and telling me how beautiful the ceremony was and how lovely our vows were. It was more perfect than I ever expected and I couldn't have asked for a better Reverend to marry us. Thank u again!!!

Rev. Phil was an amazing officiant! I just want to thank him from the bottom of my heart for such a beautiful, heart felt ceremony!! I can't tell you how much it meant to us. I also can't tell you how many people came up to me to tell me how it was the "best ceremony" that they have EVER been to and just how absolutely wonderful he was. It really was a countless amount of people who said that to me! I definitely recommend him for creating such a beautiful ceremony that we will always remember. He allowed us to personalize the ceremony in a way that was so touching and so "us". It was perfect! Thank you again!

• Margie & Erik Padilla

Margie · Married on 06/07/2013

He was such a beautiful person and did a great job at my ceremony. Everything he said was beautiful and just perfect I couldn't ask for anything better. Thanks Phil

Sent on 06/27/2013

Rev. Phil Passantino's reply:

Thanks Margie and congrats! I'll never forget the cool story of how you both met :)