Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM Reviews

48 | Ardmore, PA

48 Reviews for Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM

Robert Jones · Married on 08/28/2020

Perfect officiant for our ceremony

It was such a pleasure to work with Rev. McGuinness and to have him officiate our ceremony. He has a calm, sincere demeanor and led a heartfelt, engaging ceremony. He kept our ceremony on track even though it began with an unexpected downpour which left us all a bit flustered. In the months before the wedding, he was very responsive and accommodating and took his time to get to know us and the special aspects of our relationship.

Sent on 10/23/2020

Dear Robert & Archana,

Thank you so much for your kind sentiments and the honor of being a part of your ceremony. You are a great couple and the ceremony was in a great setting in colonial part of Philadelphia, and I will long remember the sudden storm we encountered, that did not deter you from celebrating your commitment and love. Best wishes.
  • Bernadette

Bernadette · Married on 02/16/2020

Was Meant To Be

Reverend Peter Mcguiness was a magical person who officiated our wedding with an amazing elegance that magically connected with him to have our very blessed day.

In every thought of what was leading up to that “moment”, He was able to read the nervousness and take my bouquet and asked if i was ok quietly before proceeding with our ceremony.
    That calmed me so everything from that point on was a pure glow and enjoying every moment in recorded time.

I not only want to recommend Reverend Peter McGuiness, I want to say He was an amazing officiant that felt family and kind spirits that made our ceremony absolutely unforgettable!

Thank you for your unbelievable kindness and blessings!

Bernadette and Tom

Sent on 03/24/2020

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Bernadette and Tom - thank you for your gracious comments. It was a joy to work with you both as you created a unique ceremony that included family and friends - and all those that love and support you. My role was to point to the reality of all of that and to the love you both share. Thanks again for the opportunity to celebrate with you both!
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 11/22/2019

Wonderful Officiant

Peter is an amazing person and officiant. We met with him several times before our wedding to discuss everything, and we knew right away we wanted to use him to help us with our special day. He was very accommodating, understanding, and willing to cater the ceremony to our specific needs (which were interfaith). The ceremony was beautiful and unique, and most importantly made everyone feel comfortable and at ease. We would absolutely recommend him for anyone’s wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Rich and Casey for your comments and for the opportunity to be part of your ceremony. Best wishes to you both for a happy 2020 and years ahead.

peter mcguinness

Sean Cleary · Married on 10/26/2019

We couldn't have done it without his help!

My wife and I LOVED having Peter officiate our wedding. He was so patient with us throughout this process. We met with him before our wedding and he walked us through the ceremony step by step. He also sent us readings and vows to choose from. This was all so helpful. He kept our ceremony short and sweet, which is what we wanted. He kept the audience laughing and engaged despite the little rain we got during our outdoor ceremony. Overall, it was such a positive experience with Peter and I highly recommend hiring him.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Dear Sean and Colleen - thanks for your kind comments. It was a real pleasure to be part of your ceremony. You both made working with you a special experience and your friends and family were just wonderfully supportive of you both. Best regards

Kimberly Vilk · Married on 04/28/2019

Couldn't have had anyone better

Peter was fantastic for our wedding. He made sure to get to know us way in advance, and was extremely friendly throughout the entire process. He made wonderful suggestions for our ceremony, and allowed us to create our dream ceremony. He showed up with ample time, and checked in on us as promised. His reflection during the ceremony was beautiful, and he acted like he had known us for years. Thank you Peter for being the greatest addition to our ceremony!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Kimberly and David for the honor to be a part of your celebration. You both made it a joy to officiate at your wedding and I appreciate your comments. Best wishes to you both.
    peter mcguinness

Amy · Married on 09/30/2018

My husband and I had a truly wonderful experience working with Reverend Peter.

It was only a few minutes into our first meeting with Peter that we knew we wanted him to be the officiant on our special day. He is kind, easy to talk to and very professional. He had a genuine interest in getting to know us as a couple, and that showed on our wedding day as he delivered a beautiful greeting to our family and friends.

He was well versed in the wedding process and was ready to offer any level of guidance we needed. He was flexible and supportive, which allowed us to design a ceremony that felt like us.

Peter was by our side throughout our planning and by keeping in constant contact with us, made the process stress-free and enjoyable! :)

Sent on 10/06/2018

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Dear Amy and David - thanks for your kind words and comments. Your participation in the planning made it a joy for me to work along with you both.
    The selection of the Audubon Center was so reflective of you both - such a natural setting to gather friends and family for your wedding ceremony.
    Best wishes,
    peter

Danielle · Married on 07/08/2018

We loved having Peter as our officiant!!!! I was raised in a very catholic household so the thought of getting married in a garden did not exactly sit well with some of our family. He was very receptive to this and did an excellent job of incorporating my background but also making sure that our ceremony was how we wanted as well!!! He made everyone feel welcome and comfortable!!! We had sommany compliments!!! Our ceremony was full of love, laughter, and happiness!! Having it in a garden was the icing on top of the cupcake!!!! We were not from the area so
    Email was our best friend! He responded very quickly and was very flexible when it came to chats on the phone!!! I highly recommend Peter to be your officiant. He was great!!!! He only knew us for a short time but to be honest after everything is said and done we felt like we had known him for years. I'm happy to say that kyle and I know have a new friend!!! Thanks again for making our ceremony as special as it truly was!!!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Dear Danielle and Kyle - thanks for your kind words and feedback. It was a true joy to be a part of your ceremony as you both put time and thought into it.
    I do believe it reflected your wonderful personalities and your love, commitment and support for each other. Best wishes...peter mcguinness

Jayna · Married on 06/01/2018

Peter was great and easy going. Everything went perfectly for our ceremony.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Jayna and Bill for your kind expressions. It was an honor to work with you both for your wedding ceremony. You selected some wonderful readings and your family and friends were so supportive of you both. Best wishes.

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2018

Having Reverend Peter officiate our wedding was a blessing. Everything was so last minute but he was very cooperative, proffessional and most of all patient. The service flowed nicely, or family members felt very involved, we are grateful for what he has done for us and highly recommend him as an officiant.

Sent on 05/11/2018

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth and Max for your kind thoughts and for the privilege of witnessing your marriage along with your families.

Many blessings and good wishes to you both.
    Peter McGuinness

Kristen · Married on 10/21/2017

Peter was so wonderful and the perfect choice for our wedding officiant! From the moment we met with Peter we knew that he was the right choice for us. He has a very kind, calm, and personable demeanor and it felt like we were chatting with an old friend. He helped us create a ceremony that was unique and perfect for us. The ceremony was short, sweet and packed with love and emotion. He was an excellent speaker and really conveyed to our guests the love that we have for eachother. We were thrilled with the ceremony and our guests LOVED it! Thank you so much Peter!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Hi Kristin and Mike, thanks so much for your kind comments; it was also great to work with both of you, as you were such a team and support to one another - it speaks volumes about your relationship. You selected a wonderful setting with great readings, and the wonderful supportive group of family and friends. It was an honor to be a part of your ceremony and day.
    Best wishes to you both…Peter McGuinness

Jaclyn · Married on 10/13/2017

Rev. McGuinness was wonderful to work with! Our ceremony was perfect thanks to him! Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Jaclyn - it was pleasure to work with you and Connor. What an amazing ceremony you and he created, with the readings and music. It was my honor to work with you and to meet your families, many of whom traveled from outside the country for your ceremony. Best regards to you both for the years ahead.

Nicole · Married on 09/30/2017

Upon first meeting with Peter McGuinness, my husband and I knew we'd be moving forward with him as our officiant. He was friendly, easy-going, and he provided us with great recommendations on how best to structure our ceremony to maintain a good flow for the event. With only two meetings prior to our wedding day, Peter McGuinness was able to understand our personalities and infuse them into our ceremony. He made an effort to get to know our family and friends - many of whom have told us how much they enjoyed Peter's words and company. He exceeded our expectations and really made our day special. Thanks Peter! :)

Sent on 11/27/2017

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Nicole for your comments. It was an honor to work with you and Jim to create a ceremony that reflected your commitment. It was also a pleasure to meet your families and friends and to see their love and support for you both. Best of the holiday season to you all.

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2017

Peter was the perfect officiant for our ceremony! When we first met Peter, we knew it was the perfect fit. He has very friendly and easy to talk to about what we wanted. He helped us create a customized ceremony that was exactly what we were looking for. He did a beautiful job officiating our wedding and we were thrilled to be able to work with him! Lauren & Jason.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Lauren and Jason for your comments and feedback. Loved working with you as well. The ceremony truly reflected your strong commitment and celebration of your love, and the wonderful support from family and friends.
    Best wishes to you both and thanks again for the honor of being a part of your celebration.
  • Jenn2015

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

We had so much fun working with Peter! We did a civil ceremony that incorporated some cultural customs, our own vows, and one reading. We wanted to have a short (and unplugged!) ceremony because our guests would be standing (venue restriction). Fortunately, we were able to capture all of the elements we wanted under 20 minutes like we wanted!

Peter works with you on all of the details, timeline, and is very easy to work with. He is a genuine and warm person, and has a lot of experience creating custom ceremonies. I trusted that he would create a memorable ceremony, and he certainly did! One part of the ceremony was forgotten (rose ceremony for the mothers), but no one seemed to notice that part was missing!

I highly recommend Peter for all future brides trying to choose an officiant!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Jackie · Married on 10/01/2016

Peter is our favorite out of all the vendors we hired during our wedding. He is simply sweet, personal and professional. He understands the job, and listens to our needs. He encourages us to express our feelings. It was thru him, that both me and my husband talk about how we feel and why we choose each other.

It was very emotional ceremony. All our guests said it was simple, wonderful and sweet. We couldn't be more satisfied with Peter. He made our ceremony so much better than we could ever hoped for.

Peter is also flexible. My husband totally forgot the pay check (which I knew, was a mistake to leave this responsibility to my husband. lol) But Peter was very cool and we mailed our check a few days later to him. (I don't recommend this. I did feel bad that my husband forgot about paying Peter on time.)

Anyway, I will recommend Peter to every couple who are looking for a wonderful ceremony.

Sent on 10/05/2016

Shirah · Married on 07/30/2016

Hello! Rev. Peter was wonderful and very, very considerate and helpful for our wedding! He did agree to travel a distance to us in Lititz PA and I was very grateful for that. He had many resources that he emailed to us for helping to create a personalized ceremony. Everything went as planned. He had a few phone calls with us and his demeanor was so relaxed and ensuring. I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Rev. Peter for working with us.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thank you for your kind words - it was a pleasure to be part of your celebration and to work with you both. Best wishes.

Peter McGuinness

Jackie · Married on 05/29/2016

Rev. Peter McGuinness was an excellent officiant at my wedding last Memorial Day Weekend at Hunting Hill Mansion in Ridley Creek State Park. From the initial consultation meeting up to the Wedding Day he was there for any questions, concerns, or advice. Peter is very knowledgeable on many different religious practices and will help you create a ceremony that matches your faith and values. As a person I believe Peter has a calm, perceptive, smart, thoughtful, and spiritual aura. It was such a pleasure having him as our officiant. I would Highly recommend to any future Brides and Grooms!! 5 Stars!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Matthew · Married on 04/30/2016

Peter was wonderful to work with in the time leading up to our wedding. He made it easy to discuss things with him, and he always responded quickly to our calls/emails. He also has a great personality, which showed itself most of all when he presided over such a lovely, warm, and intimate ceremony. We couldn't have imagined a better officiant.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Peter was such a wonderful officiant for our wedding. He really listened to the kind of ceremony we wanted, which was a mix of spirituality and levity, and made everyone laugh while maintaining a traditional sensibility. Our guests raved about what a nice and sweet ceremony it was, which was largely all Peter. I highly recommend contacting Peter and talking to him about your needs for a wedding officiant. I guarantee you will feel comfortable with him at the front of the aisle!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Noelle for your comments. It was a pleasure to officiate for you and Vinny. You are a great couple whose love for each other was very evident on our first meeting. You have a very loving community of family and friends, who are so blessed to have been a part of your day and future celebrations. Best of good wishes to you both.

My husband and I were very pleased with the service Rev. Peter McGuiness provided to us. The ceremony was lovely and we received many compliments. We asked him to perform a spiritual but not religious ceremony and he did it perfect, he was able to convey the seriousness of our vows without blessings, amens or references to God or Jesus.

Sent on 08/07/2015

Ryan · Married on 06/20/2015

My wife and I hired Peter to officiate our wedding in June 2015. From the day we met Peter, we knew he was the perfect person to officiate our wedding ceremony. Peter was very professional and a delight to work with from start to finish. Peter made both my wife and I feel very relaxed during our ceremony. I for one was very nervous but Peter helped calm my nerves. Peter's words during our ceremony were very touching and emotional. We received many compliments from guests about Peter's officiating.

Sent on 01/09/2016

Kati · Married on 10/10/2014

We are so please that we picked rev peter to marry us. He is great with communication and helped us put together a great short but sweet ceremony. Always available to talk and answer any questions we had. Before walking down the aisle rev peter came and talked to me and he just made all my nerves and anxiety go away. Everyone loved our ceremony. He made us feel so comfortable it was so easy and yet so intimate. Thanks rev peter for giving us the ceremony of our dreams :)

Sent on 10/14/2014

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Thanks Kati for your kind words and recommendation - it was a pleasure to be part of your special day. Best of good wishes to you both.

Michelle · Married on 08/10/2014

Peter McGuinness made our special day so wonderful! We greatly appreciate the personal touches he wove into the ceremony and his communication throughout the weeks leading up to the event. The day was perfect, and that's thanks to Peter's amazing attention to detail!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Terry · Married on 08/08/2014

I didn't know where to start to find an officiant since I am not affiliated with a church. Searching the internet, I was stopped by Peter's smile. We spoke on the phone and I knew I wanted this kind and thoughtful person officiating our wedding. We met months before the wedding and I was again convinced Peter would make our ceremony meaningful and memorable. The ceremony was even better than I had imagined and as you know, much thought goes into planning. Peter provided guidance in writing our own vows which took the stress of wanting to make them perfect for each other. Peter had control of the ceremony which flowed effortlessly. Loved him, loved his support and certainly loved the beautiful ceremony he conducted.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Rev. Peter McGuinness, FCM's reply:

Terry and Bill thanks so much for your kind words. Much continued happiness to you both. You made the ceremony and the planning a pure joy. What a wonder group of friends you have that love and support you. All the best!

fondly…peter

Jessica · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband and I highly recommend Rev. Peter McGuinness. We contacted him 6-7 months before our wedding and he graciously came to meet us for coffee on a very snowy holiday weekend near where my husband was living at the time. Being that I was still working in another state, I very much appreciated Peter's flexibility. Upon meeting him, my husband and I knew Peter would work out perfectly. He has such a gentle and kind soul and really took the time to hear our story and what we were looking for in our wedding ceremony. He provided some great suggestions and ideas which led my husband and me to ask our fathers to speak at the ceremony and our mothers to deliver the wedding rings. Peter was always very professional and prompt in getting back to us either by phone or email, which made things run so smoothly. On our wedding day, Peter came early so that he could meet our parents. He ran the ceremony exactly how we had imagined it. He even stayed after we took post-wedding photos to wish us his best. He mailed in our marriage license on the Monday after our Saturday evening wedding. We couldn't have been happier. Peter is simply the best!

Sent on 07/23/2014