Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister Reviews

83 | Asheville, NC

83 Reviews for Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister

Erica · Married on 12/13/2009

We were very happy to have found Kathy Jennings through a friend. She made us feel comfortable from the very first meeting and helped us through each step of the planning process. She gave us ideas and helped us to create our own personalized ceremony that truly reflected us. She was very professional, friendly and brought a great energy to our special day. She took care of all the details after the ceremony which made it a completely stress free day for us! Our family members all commented on what a wonderful ceremony we had and how personalized it was. Thank you for everything, Kathy. We really appreciate it! We would very highly recommend Kathy!

Sent on 12/22/2011

Becky · Married on 10/10/2009

Kathy is a genuine, passionate, professional, caring officiant. Our ceremony was very simple, though Kathy made it unique and meaningful to us as a couple with her expert advice, excellent suggestions, and arrangement of the ceremony. She is calming, patient, and organized. Her delivery of the ceremony was beautiful with many compliments from family and friends after the wedding day. Her hard work behind the scenes with completing paperwork was a necessity, we are so lucky to have her be our officiant. We would definitely recommend her to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Emily · Married on 08/30/2014

Kathy provided us with excellent service as our wedding officiant! We wanted someone who would preform a non-religious ceremony and who offered pre-marital counseling services. We went through the Prepare/Enrich program with Kathy and felt that it gave us a good connection to her, so it didn't feel that a stranger was performing our ceremony. She gave us many examples of others' wedding ceremonies and from that we pieced together a beautiful and meaningful ceremony that was perfect for us! Her kind and gentle demeanor was perfect and she set our minds at ease when we felt that we weren't rehearsed enough for the big day. Everything flowed beautifully under her direction. Even our guests raved about Kathy and wanted to know where we found her... I would definitely recommend her for your ceremony!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you Emily. Your ceremony was blessed by many musicians. Even the groom joined in during the prelude, setting such a beautiful tone for the ceremony. I was there an hour before the ceremony to meet with all the musicians and make sure we all understood the flow of the ceremony. And because of that, the ceremony had such a lovely flow and did not feel like a performance but a heartfelt and sacred exchanging of vows. I even said to you both after the second song, "how blessed you both are'.

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/24/2014

Rev Kathy was excellent during our wedding planning and ceremony! She provided me with a variety of sample ceremonies and ideas for personalizing our ceremony, and worked with us to help the different aspects of our ceremony to flow. My husband had been relocated to a different state 2 months prior to our wedding, and Kathy was able to meet with me in person and Skype my husband in to discuss our ceremony prior to the wedding! She was well organized and helped get the logistics figured out at the rehearsal so there was no stress come wedding day!

Sent on 06/03/2014

Victoria · Married on 10/06/2012

Kathy was a pleasure to work with. My husband contacted her via email and they had a delightful phone conversation. I later skyped with Kathy as we worked our the final details. She provided us with many samples to chose from and when nothing fit quite right she allowed us to customize our ceremony to fit our situation/wants/needs. She arrived early to both the rehearsal, and day-of. Kathy was well-spoken, friendly, understanding, and very open and accomodating to all our suggestions/changes.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2013

Kathy was able to help us create a beautiful ceremony that was meaningful to us and memorable to our guests. We have received many compliments on our ceremony! She shared many examples of vows, blessings, and readings to inspire us and build upon- we were free to change wordings and the order around so it fit our vision. Kathy brought a lot of fun energy to the table during the planning process and took time to get to know us! She even visited our venue beforehand to get a feel for the ceremony space. Kathy kept us on schedule and organized in the planning process so we felt prepared for our big day. Thank you Kathy!

Sent on 06/27/2013

Sherry · Married on 03/21/2015

4.2
      3.5

We chose Kathy as our Officiant as we felt most comfortable speaking with her on the phone compared with other vendors. She was very down to earth yet professional. She was very accommodating with providing us with examples and open to us creating our own ceremony. She was also helpful in discussing with us ways of preparing ourselves for our ceremony as it was very emotional for us both. We would rate her higher overall if it wasn't for a few key things that we had discussed and wanted incorporated. These being: which side each of us were standing on (she switched us after walking down in front of everyone which resulted in the sun beaming at the bride instead of behind which was discussed with her and photographers) and she also changed who we appointed (and gave the privilege) to hold our vow box without asking us and in front of all of our guests. These were key factors for us which is why we rated her lower. She was very professional otherwise and does a great job at helping relieve "butterflies/jitters" and keeping everything on track/time.

Sent on 03/25/2015

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

I am grateful I have the opportunity to respond to reviews posted. I first responded by calling Sherry to speak with her directly, to express my apologies and to listen to her concerns. I also asked if she was interested to hear why I made the decisions I made. I appreciated her interest and I was able to express my concerns of safety.

Eric · Married on 04/20/2013

3.0

We found Reverend Kathy looking for a non-denominational officiant for our wedding near Asheville, and were impressed with her professionalism and responsiveness - it was a great relief to be able to reach her, discuss our needs, and be done.

Because we were out of town, Reverend Kathy worked with us over Skype and email to arrange our ceremony, and sent us several examples to pull ideas and information from. The entire process was relatively stress free, and left us with a meaningful ceremony that tied together the wedding nicely. She was very respectful of what our desires for a ceremony were, and didn't impose her own views or beliefs on what it "should be", and we were able to discuss ahead of time exactly what she was going to say to make sure it reflected our vision.

Sent on 07/06/2013