Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister Reviews

83 | Asheville, NC

83 Reviews for Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister

Debbie · Married on 10/02/2014

Kathy worked with us to create the wedding ceremony that was exactly what we wanted. Her suggestions and guidance took a simple concept into a personal experience that was better than we first imagined. Kathy was flexible with our chaotic schedule and it all fell in place perfectly thanks to her thinking of the details. She brings a terrific energy and was a joy to work with.

Sent on 11/11/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

I am glad your experience was better than you could have imagined!
    And I love thinking of the simple details that make the ceremony so special.

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2014

Kathy performed our elopement ceremony on 9/26/14 and we couldn't have made a better decision than going with her as our Officiant. We live in Texas and had our event in North Carolina, so everything was done over email and phone which was a breeze with Kathy. She was a joy to talk to leading up to our ceremony and really guided us in the process of planning the ceremony and our vows. Kathy was very flexible from start to finish. I would definitely recommend her for your big day.

Thank you so much Kathy!

Sent on 10/01/2014

Alexis · Married on 09/20/2014

I was planning a wedding in the smoky mountains at a venue I had never been to. I was also unable to meet with Kathy in person before the ceremony. She did a superb job communicating with me that by the time of the ceremony I felt like I had known her for years. She was so organized and personable. We would not have had it any other way. She made our ceremony everything we ever wanted and SO much more!!

Sent on 09/23/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

Yes, I remember calling you a week before the wedding to tell you about the venue. I took the time to visit the venue since I was not familiar with it. Realizing there was no cell phone service in the area and also the importance of good directions for myself and the guests. You were very receptive which I appreciated. And you both were such a sweet couple. Felt good to finally meet you both.

Kathy was great to work with for our wedding and wedding renewal ceremony. Kathy gave us a lot of ideas before the events to consider. She is easy and enjoyable to work with.
    Thanks Kathy!

Sent on 09/19/2014

Ashlee · Married on 09/01/2014

Kathy was wonderful throughout the entire process of constructing and performing our ceremony. From the very beginning, she was extremely warm and eager to help us perfect our ceremony. When we started the process, we had no idea what it was that we wanted for our ceremony. Kathy provided so many examples and options that we were able to construct a ceremony that was meaningful to us. She also really worked with us to figure out how to incorporate aspects that were important to us, namely the inclusion of our two children throughout the ceremony. We truly appreciate her!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

thank you Ashlee! I especially enjoyed how you included the children during the ring exchange, by gifting them with a piece of jewelry.
    And even the family dog was present at the ceremony! Look forward to sharing some photos on my blog :)

Bethany · Married on 08/23/2014

Kathy was great to work with. We chose her because of her flexibility and willingness to blend traditional and non-traditional elements. She helped us plan a ceremony that allowed our personalities to shine through, while still providing guidance about structure, timing, and rhythm. She met with us multiple times before the big day to go over what we wanted as well as practice the ceremony. She offered template ceremonies to help get us started crafting a custom ceremony that included traditional Irish handfasting and personal vows. We can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 09/03/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

Thank you Bethany. And yes, we met a couple times at my home office to read through the ceremony together and understand the logistics of the hand fasting and ring ceremony. Was a beautiful ceremony!

Leslie · Married on 08/23/2014

Rev. Jennings was a joy to work with. She listened to our ideas and embraced the concept. She helped us put together a wedding ceremony that felt completely right for our family.

Sent on 09/07/2014

We cannot say enough about Reverend Kathy! We do not live in the Asheville area so we found Reverend Kathy online and selected her based on all of her positive reviews - and we are SO glad we did. She is extremely responsive and professional; and she provided a TON of ceremony examples, suggestions, tips, etc. which really helped us construct our personalized ceremony. At the same time, Reverend Kathy is also very laid back and emanates this incredibly warm and positive vibe -- ideal for our small elopement ceremony in the mountains. We would wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Kathryn · Married on 05/17/2014

Kathy was amazing to work with to plan a wedding. We were no easy feat with my being in Boston, MA and James being in Rockingham, NC to be married in Asheville, NC. She easily facilitated our creating a ceremony that was authentic. She was open and flexible to using Google Hangout to discuss the ceremony from a distance and to include new ideas about how we wanted to incorporate our kids. When we were at a loss, she came to the rescue with lots of wonderful ideas about how to pull our ideas together. If we were to get married again tomorrow, I would definitely choose to work with Kathy all over again!

Sent on 05/28/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Kathy. My husband and I had a very small wedding with immediate family only. Kathy was very attentive to my husband and my requests and had excellent suggestions on how to make our ceremony unique and special for us. Some people just have a way with words and she is one of those people. The first time we met her, we drove home knowing we selected the right officiant for our wedding. She has a dynamic personality and just oozes warmth and happiness.

Sent on 06/08/2014

Brooke · Married on 05/03/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings was more than willing to be flexible and meet with us when we traveled into the area for our destination wedding in Asheville. She was prompt and provided excellent feedback to help us craft a very personalized ceremony. She also had an amazing amount of patience with our large disorganized family at the rehearsal.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Thanks Brooke,
    I would say your family and bridal party were VERY excited at rehearsal.
    Everyone seemed more relaxed the next day, the ceremony went smoothly, your musician, Owen Poteat, was amazing...and you and Adam were glowing!

Reverend Kathy helped make our wedding special by being flexible (we asked her to hike a half mile to Triple Falls) and responsive to our wishes. She guided us and provided us examples of a ceremony which we then modeled with readings and our own vows. She recommended a photographer (Meghan Rolfe) and also had her husband be a witness to the ceremony. Even with the threat of rain, all were willing to still make the journey. It turned out to be a beautiful day and weekend. Doing the ceremony down by the falls made it a special event.

Sent on 04/29/2014

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

Your ceremony inspired me to create an Elopement page on my website!
    More and more couples are requesting ceremonies like yours. I just love the uniqueness of each ceremony, each couple, and each setting.
    And Meghan is a great photographer. You can see the photos of this wedding and more on my blog.

Nicki · Married on 04/14/2014

I couldn't be more grateful for Reverend Kathy Jennings. My fiancé and I eloped and were only able to communicate over email and phone due to busy work schedules and planning a wedding within a very short period of time. She was not only responsive, but incredibly caring and helpful in making our ceremony exactly what we wanted it to be. She is absolutely the best and although I wish we would have been able to spend more time with her, I am lucky to know her and thankful that she was the one who officiated our marriage.

Sent on 04/18/2014

Colleen · Married on 04/05/2014

Our wedding had to be planned in 3 weeks due of unforeseen schedule changes. I found Kathy on Wedding Wire - she had such high reviews so I was sure that she would not be available. I was wrong - Kathy contacted me almost immediately and began helping me brainstorm different ideas. After my first conversation with her, I felt at ease. She was more than just our officiant - she recommended various venues, a wonderful photographer, and helped us to figure out all of the details of the ceremony. She was professional, made us feel comfortable, and provided high quality service. Kathy offered suggestions but inspired us to find the right words for us personally, and made our ceremony unique and intimate. I recommend her highly!!!!

Sent on 04/17/2014

Kathy was an absolute blessing. She was so helpful with ideas for wording for the ceremony and allowed us to meet with her at her house the day before the wedding to finalize things. She has tremendous energy and her spirit really added to our special day. We felt a nice connection with Kathy as soon as we started working with her and it came through during the ceremony. We could not have been happier.

Sent on 01/21/2014

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2013

Kathy was a huge blessing! We were planning a small destination wedding in Maggie Valley with plans to have a family friend officiate the ceremony, two weeks before our date we learned our friend was unable to do so. Needless to say with the late date and the fact that we were 8 hours away from our destination - we panicked. My husband immediately searched and found Kathy online then sent a plea for help - she responded quickly and set up a time for us to chat by phone the same day. That conversation immediately put us both at ease and we knew she'd be a perfect fit for the type of ceremony we wanted. She helped us cultivate the perfect ceremony - taking the ideas we had then adding her own expertise. It turned out to be even more beautiful than we could have imagined. We were able to meet her in her home office before our big day to do a read through and get comfortable. She was fabulous on our wedding day - arriving early and excited to be a part of our special moment. Our family and friends raved about the ceremony, so many people have said it was the most beautiful and special wedding they had ever been to. I may be biased, but I agree. Kathy really set the tone for our entire day, I am so glad that fate stepped in and allowed us to meet! We are forever thankful!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Jordan · Married on 09/21/2013

Reverend Kathy is amazing! My husband and I used her as our wedding officiant and also attended marriage counseling with her prior to the ceremony.

She is flexible, prompt, and very professional. We came to her knowing that we wanted to create a ceremony that would be a little bit different than your average wedding ceremony. She provided us samples and plenty of advice on how to piece together a ceremony that would capture our love, personality, and needs.

The marriage counseling we attended with Kathy was extremely helpful and really allowed my husband and I to get to know each other on an even more intimate level. We had been together for 5 years before we married and during the sessions with Kathy, we learned something new about each other.

Thank you Reverend Kathy for officiating a beautiful ceremony and providing us the tools that we need to make our marriage strong.

Sent on 09/29/2013

Eva · Married on 09/10/2013

I'm so thankful we found Kathy to help us out with our ceremony! Her professional insights were integral to making our wedding day so special :) And she's absolutely wonderful to work with too!!!

Thank you so much Kathy! :D

Sent on 09/16/2013

Ami · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I are from Wisconsin, so when we were looking for an officiant for our Asheville wedding, we were challenged to find someone that fit what we were looking for from far away. From start to finish, Kathy was incredible. She's very understanding, open and helped us so much in crafting our ceremony and vows. We both loved her energy as she made us feel calm during a time when things are so stressful with wedding planning. We highly recommend Kathy!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Chandra · Married on 08/31/2013

Kathy Jennings was amazing to work with throughout the process from start to end. We were from out of town, so we weren't sure exactly how to go about finding the right person to fill this important role. We hit the jackpot. She is so friendly and welcoming. She offered us ideas and asked us questions that allowed us to put together a ceremony that was absolutely beautiful. She was extremely flexible and met with us a few times. She put us at ease, as we knew she would help us make this a spectacular day, and she did. Thank you Kathy!!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Andrea · Married on 07/17/2013

Kathy was a pleasure to work with. She listened to us, and was invaluable in developing a very personal and appropriate ceremony. We appreciated her professionalism very much, and would definitely recommend her services.

Sent on 07/24/2013

Donna and Scott · Married on 07/05/2013

Kathy officiated our 25th anniversary renewal of vows. She was wonderful!!! She responded immediately to our inquiry. We communicated both by phone and numerous e-mails. She was so helpful in helping us get organized for this. She delivered our ceremony in such a sweet and loving tone. She was perfect for our ceremony and we feel very blessed to have found her!

Sent on 07/16/2013

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

I want to add how beautiful your ceremony was, with your two children standing with you both, and their grandmother and her friend as witnesses. The children, both young adults, each shared a reading within the ceremony. I can only imagine how special that day was for you and your husband!

Carolyn · Married on 07/05/2013

Kathy was very responsive to creating a ceremony that was personal to us. She was very professional and responsive to all our questions and concerns. We are very happy that she officiated our wedding!

Sent on 08/05/2013

Jane · Married on 06/30/2013

I couldn't have been happier with Rev. Kathy! She was extremely helpful from the first phone call through the day-of. We live in Colorado and had to plan the wedding remotely; she sent us tons of info on ceremonies via email and helped us think through all of the details that were needed. We met face-to-face two days before the wedding when she invited the two of us to her home to rehearse. Our ceremony had many complicated parts, with props for tree unity ceremony and wishing rocks, but Kathy knew just what to do and helped to make it a smooth process. She was easy-going, but extremely professional and took care of so many things that it made the wedding day relaxing and fun for us.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Rev. Kathy Jennings, Asheville Wedding Minister's reply:

And I want to add, Jane had every detail thought out. Being a destination wedding with everyone flying out the next day, Jane asked if I would come back the next morning and take the flowers to a local nursing home in Asheville, to be enjoyed by the residents there. What a wonderful idea!
  • mikelisawedding

Michael and Lisa · Married on 06/22/2013

Rev. Kathy was the perfect choice for our wedding. We planned a destination wedding from three states away. Rev. Kathy made time to interview with us via Skype, and her open-heartedness and organization appealed to us instantly. After making the easy choice to request her services, Rev. Kathy offered a myriad of selections to create a service unique to us and the marriage that would blend our two families. Rev. Kathy made time to meet with us the day before the wedding to walk through ceremony details. We were so relaxed when working with her. Rev. Kathy literally climbed a mountain for us to be at our wedding. There were a few bumps in the road on the wedding day, and Rev. Kathy went with the flow. When I walked "down the aisle" toward my husband-to-be, with Rev. Kathy at his side, I felt that I was among friends. We would highly recommend Rev. Kathy to every engaged couple looking for an intimate and personal wedding. We wish her the best in all of her endeavours.
    Lisa and Mike