Rev. Jim Lytle Reviews

47 | Matthews, NC

47 Reviews for Rev. Jim Lytle

allie · Married on 03/31/2018

Rev. Jim Lytle is a true professional. After a terrible experience with another pastor, meeting Jim was a breath of fresh air. He was caring and listened to our wants and needs. We had a few special circumstances that were frowned upon by the previous pastor, but Jim was more than understanding and accommodating. All of our guests commented on how great our service was and how personal Jim is. Jim is truly the best and I couldn't give him a higher recommendation.

Sent on 04/06/2018

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

So nice to hear this. I appreciate you two! After leaving a church position to do the "freelance, independent" wedding pastor life (or officiant role) I realize how much easier it is to craft ceremonies that are, as you described above AND it is encouraging to me that I'm going in the right direction. I get to say yes and accommodate couples much less "restrictively" than in a formal church position. Thank You!

Amy · Married on 09/02/2017

Love love love Jim Lytle, you made our ceremony so special!!!!! Thank you thank you for incorporating our family and friends and lives into your words, everyone said they loved it and so did WE!!! On time, very professional, met with us to make sure ceremony went as we wanted and it couldn't have been more perfect!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Cyndi · Married on 07/02/2017

Jim was great, very personable. Many guests at our wedding commented how nice the ceremony was, we would highly recommend Jim!

Sent on 07/29/2017

Steven · Married on 05/20/2017

Jim is great! He was positive, uplifting, and personal. We appreciate everything he's done for us and highly reccomend him.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Dianne · Married on 04/07/2017

Jim Lyttle was an outstanding officiant for my daughter's wedding. He made everyone feel comfortable from the first meeting and throughout the ceremony! He spoke as if he had known our children for their entire lives and made them feel very special. I would highly recommend Jim!

Sent on 04/20/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

Jim is the best! Planning a wedding in NC from Wasington DC was a little stressful but my husband and I were able to FaceTime with him and met a few days before the wedding to get to know one another. He took time before the ceremony to ask my husband, myself, and our bridal party questions about us to make the ceremony more personable, and it worked! Highly recommend Rev Jim!

Sent on 11/04/2016

Meredith · Married on 09/10/2016

Jim was amazing! We loved working with him and he was flexible and answered all of our questions. He made our wedding ceremony special and I am so glad that we decided to have him be our officiant. He took the time to get to know me and my husband to make sure the ceremony fit our style. He is pleasant, funny, and willing to work with you. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/23/2016

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

Some couples one just bonds with! Such quality, caring couple who love to be a blessing to others. Thank you for allowing mew to be your pastor!

The · Married on 09/04/2016

Rev. Jim Lytle made our wedding ceremony a beautiful day to remember! We also received many compliments from our guests based on his ceremony, charismatic nature, and personality. Leading up to the wedding, Rev. Jim Lytle spent a significant amount of time with us providing information and support, which made us feel comfortable for the day of. We cannot thank him enough for all of his time and for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 09/22/2016

I thank you!

Steve · Married on 09/04/2016

Rev. Jim was helpful, fun, made the wedding so much less stressful and did a great job with the diversity of our wedding (Jewish groom, Baptist bride). He understood our wishes for the ceremony and was terrific. We actually met Jim at the wedding of a friend and were so impressed with how he conducted the service, we knew he was the man for the job, so to speak. :)

Sent on 09/29/2016

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

I do love the fact that the Jewish and Christian faiths both have a high view of marriage, as God created and meant to be a blessing to us!
  • O

Olivia · Married on 08/27/2016

We absolutely loved Rev Jim! If you didn't know or if he looks very familiar, he subs for the local weather man in Charlotte. He's got a great, enthusiastic personality with some quirkiness and it really fit so well with our wedding day. He took us through the entire ceremony step by step and made it customized to our relationship, we even added a Korean element. He even tried to learn Korean to use in the ceremony which he did a great job pronouncing and saying the words. He even came to our rehearsal dinner to get to know us better through stories from our friends and family. You can tell he has years of experience as he shared a lot of great insight and advice for us. He even knew when to pop out of the way for pictures like the kiss the bride. He treated our wedding like he knew us for years and spent time to get to know us.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Jim officiated at my son's wedding last year as well and that is when I knew I wanted him to be at my wedding as well. He relates to all ages and personalities and his kindness, sincerity and beautifully delivered prayers and blessings make the day not only special but meaningful to all in attendance. He is a perfect instrument from God above to mark such a glorious day.

Sent on 09/26/2016

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

I woke up this day and was truly excited that i got to go to this wedding! I was part of the inner circle and it was so fun.

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2016

Reverend Jim Lytle performed a heartfelt wedding ceremony with such warmth and meaning. You could tell he had a true connection with the couple while delivering his message about marriage during the ceremony. I highly recommend him for your wedding as it is promised to be a memorable event. Thanks for a job well done!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Rev. Lytle was perfect for our 3/13/16 wedding. Jim offered a beautiful ceremony that was so moving. We are still getting compliments on how great the ceremony was. My nerves were getting to me on the day of, and Jim helped to put me at ease. My new husband and I live in Nashville, TN and go to church here. We didn't feel comfortable asking our pastor to travel. Rev. Jim stepped in and honestly it felt like we were old friends right away and he knew exactly what we wanted and needed.

Sent on 04/01/2016

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

This couple was going through some major life "crisis" with the loss of her father to cancer and the grooms sister. My family was experiencing the same kind of loss and they comforted me.

Catherine · Married on 11/21/2015

We love reverend Jim! I have been to several weddings that he has officiated for friends and he is so thoughtful and sincere. You can really tell that he has taken the time to get to know the couples that he works with. We can't wait for him to officiate our wedding this November!

Sent on 02/19/2015

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

Catherine and Forest are really worth getting to know!

Kathleen · Married on 11/11/2015

Rev. Jim did an amazing job working with us and making our ceremony unique. He helped us make it a great fit. He took the time to get to know us and walk us through what to expect. We were prepared for our special day and could not think of having any one different. He helped us feel very comfortable in the major step we took together. We know we made the right decision.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Haley · Married on 10/17/2015

Rev. Lytle is wonderful! While he hasn't performed our ceremony yet, we have been working with him and he is taking the time to get to know us so the ceremony will be genuine and unique.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

This is the best part of my life, getting to know couples like this!

Haley · Married on 10/17/2015

I love Rev. Lytle! He takes the time to get to know you as a couple and individuals to make the ceremony more personable.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Amanda · Married on 09/20/2015

We loved getting to know Jim through our meetings! He was always so friendly and offered good advice/teachings! We have had several compliments about our wedding day ceremony and Jims personal touch! We love you!

Amanda & Bryan VonCannon

Sent on 10/31/2015

Callie · Married on 08/01/2015

WE love Rev. Jim Lytle! He met with us on several occasions and helped plan out our whole ceremony. We were able to add some ideas of our own but he made it very special for us!!! He was energetic and excited and made the energy in the room warm and happy! We cannot thank him enough for being a part of our BIG day!!

Sent on 08/20/2015

Katie · Married on 02/07/2015

Jim is great!

The venue we got married at used him as a 'preferred' officiant, and we could not agree more. His zest for life shine through in his personality and in the way he communicates.

My fiance and I met with him prior to our wedding day to discuss how we would like the ceremony to go, and it was like sitting down with an old friend - not awkward at all. Jim is so personable and a joy to be around, and he made the whole process a breeze. Not to mention, he has a great sense of humor.

He made our wedding ceremony. He catered it to how we envisioned it, and put his on little spin on it. We had so many compliments on his delivery, and how great he was....you really can't ask for anything more. I would highly recommend Jim to anyone, as he really does care for the people he interacts with, and that is so important on a monumental day like your wedding.

Sent on 03/04/2015

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

I really do care and love people and appreciate the way you expressed that here!

Lindsay · Married on 01/31/2015

Let me start out by saying Jim really took the time to get to know Greg and I. During the wedding planning process, he met with us twice for an extended period of time to go over the details of the ceremony and bounce ideas off of one another. Jim was at our rehearsal and lead the whole evening perfectly-we were really nervous and Jim calmed our nerves. He also came to the rehearsal dinner where he took the time to get to know our families and was such a great addition to the evening. Fast forward to the ceremony and he was flawless. Jim gave the most beautiful and personal speech and it was evident that he has a lot of experience. He lead the whole bridal party with suttle, non-verbal cues. Thank you, Jim!!!

Sent on 02/03/2015

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

And I couldn't get enough of this family...so enjoyed the rehearsal dinner and simply hanging with them. Made it easy to speak of them so "eloquently"!

Kim · Married on 10/04/2014

Rev. Jim did a great job helping to make our ceremony all about us. He personalized our wedding to match us and help us to make it special. We also used him for premarital counseling and that was great getting to know him. He helped us learn a lot about each other and things that we didn't know before.

Sent on 10/18/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 09/28/2014

Jim was amazing from the first moment we met at a bridal show. He embrassed us and hugged us as if we had known him for years! We wanted an officiant that was Christian and someone that would do pre- marital counseling with us. Jim was that guy. Wonderful, honest, kind, patient, funny and sweet, we both enjoyed everytime we met, every email we received, every text message and every caring hug received. Jim was great. He never stopped smiling, which was awesome because it made the mood of the wedding preporation and the mood of our big day so wonderful and happy and positive! Every guests we spoke to, even non believers, said what an amazing service that was and they had never attended a wedding so special with an officiant so great. He put his personal suggestions and unique touches on every step of the way, getting to know us as a couple more and more each time we met. This made our day completely different and special to us both, and our families and friends that attended. We would love to be able to keep in touch with Jim, seeing as he was such a big part of our day. THANK YOU for everything, and if you are even thinking about using Jim, you should!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

I honestly believe when nice things like this are expressed so beautifully that it is a reflection of how the couple let me into their hearts! Makes giving back MUCH easier verses, well, simply being on "one's best behavior"! Thanks for showing me your hearts!

Brandi' · Married on 09/26/2014

We contacted Jim after seeing him officiate a wedding for our good friends last year. He met with us and was wonderfully warm and sincere with a genuine interest in our backgrounds. Unfortunately, he was unavailable for our date, but he recommended a fellow pastor who he thought would be perfect for our event. Fortunately for us, Heath Krueger, was available and we loved him! He made our ceremony so special and personal to us; so many people commented how wonderful it was!

Sent on 09/30/2014

Rev. Jim Lytle's reply:

I have two great pastors who work with me. We are kindred spirits! So I am confident I can accommodate all requests! I was sad I couldn't have been with you all!
  • Regina

Regina · Married on 06/07/2014

We could not have dreamed of a better wedding ceremony. Rev. Jim Lytle was amazing and all night everyone kept telling us how it was the most beautiful ceremony they ever witnessed and how Rev. Lytle did such a great job! He really got to know us and made our ceremony so personal and special. We also did the pre-marriage preparation with him and are so thankful for his guidance. He is so accommodating and just really cares. We are so happy we found him!

Sent on 06/17/2014