Rev. Father William A. Mentz Reviews

7 Reviews for Rev. Father William A. Mentz

• Anna

Anna A. · Married on 12/28/2020

The Most Memorable Ceremony

Father Bill is such an amazing person to work. He is so sweet and was really helpful during our wedding rehearsal. When we first booked him, he gave us so many options for a custom wedding ceremony. We chose to do a combination of handfasting and traditional wedding vows. He helped make the ceremony feel very special and we absolutely recommend him.

Sent on 12/31/2020

Rev. Father William A. Mentz's reply:

Anna and David- thank you so much for the opportunity to bless your marriage. Many blessings upon you both as you begin this new chapter of your life together!

Genevieve O. · Married on 12/28/2019

Truly Blessed ❤️

It’s hard to describe such an important moment in my life...to describe such a feeling of happiness, gratefulness and being blessed for our wedding. All thanks to Father Mentz. Father Bill as you will soon learn! Cool dude. Yep, cool. Super kind, and super nice. And you can see and feel how devoted and loving he is with his devotion to God. I’m not sure if I am doing a good job in writing this review because I still find it hard to put in words what I felt while sitting in our ceremony and having Father Bill marry us. He speaks beautifully. He makes people feel comfortable and not “dread” being in mass (as so many people unfortunately do feel that way sadly). He has a way of speaking that you want to listen to every word he says...and you feel touched by God. Please contact him. You will be happy to do so. Whether he is for your wedding ceremony, like we had, or if you just want an ear or to speak to someone about your religious or spiritual journey. Father Bill is amazing. Simply put. Truly a wonderful priest ❤️

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Ronald

Ronald P. · Married on 11/30/2019

The best!

From the first time we spoke with Father Bill we knew he was perfect for our wedding. I come from an Italian Roman Catholic up bringing and my mother still goes to mass almost every day.

While I loved my upbringing Melanie and I both agree some of the views are out dated. After speaking to Father Bill his views and thoughts were so much in line with ours – all while keeping with traditional Catholic mass and overarching values.

Every person I spoke to raved about how much they enjoyed his service and just speaking to him at the cocktail hour. Our friends who live in the Scranton area were very much interested in the joining the church. He blended the perfect amount of tradition and humor into his mass. Take this for what it’s worth, but my mother was even comfortable skipping mass the Sunday after the wedding. She loved him and so did we. It was very refreshing and Father Bill is just the best person.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Rev. Father William A. Mentz's reply:

God bless you both! What a great witness to the strength and power of God's love! It was my pleasure and priviledge to celebrate Mass with you and your families. Their great example of faith-in-action is their greatest testemony of the support that they will be able to give to you in your married life together.

Kathleen · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful!

Father Mentz was wonderful !
    A beautiful wedding, perfect, blessed!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Rev. Father William A. Mentz's reply:

Kathleen, thank you for your kind words. What a spectacular day, in such a memorable place. This will be forever a fond memory for me.
  • Y

Yolanda P. · Married on 09/21/2019

Denos & Yolanda's Wedding

It was a Magical evening. I could not help think how truly blessed I am.
    I think Fr. William felt the magic and directed the band beautifully.

Extremely flexible, professional and would recommend to all.

Sent on 09/26/2019

Yolanda and Denos,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It was such a joy to take part in your special day. Your friends and family were such a joy to be with. God bless!

Ann C. · Married on 09/15/2019

Father Bill

Father Bill officiated at the renewal of our 40 year wedding vows in September. He was both professional and personable and we felt very blessed to have him as part of our amazing day. He is a kind and gentle soul who made our anniversary extra special.

Sent on 12/30/2019

Rev. Father William A. Mentz's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. May you and Jack receive countless blessings in your married life together!
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 06/29/2019

Seriously Wonderful

We booked Reverend Mentz for our wedding in June and couldn’t have been happier with our choice. Not only is he an incredibly genuine, down to earth and kind person, but he was also flexible and accommodating from the first time we spoke until the end of our wedding night, meeting with us on several occasions to pin down the exact type of ceremony we wanted, as well as, working with us to arrange a private vow exchange at our first look. Throughout the entire process he was very responsive, and handled everything in a professional and timely manner. We never had a single worry or doubt hiring Reverend Mentz to officiate our wedding. Our ceremony was beautiful and Reverend Mentz was so well spoken. After the wedding, we received SO many compliments on our ceremony, specifically Reverend Mentz. Our guests loved the way he conducted the ceremony, his manner of speaking, and his overall personality. I would highly highly without hesitation recommend Reverend Mentz for your ceremony.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Rev. Father William A. Mentz's reply:

Thank you, Brittany. It was a joy to celebrate your special day with you, Josh, and your beautiful families.