Rev. Cory Newell and Associates Reviews

828 | Newport News, VA

828 Reviews for Rev. Cory Newell and Associates

• Savanah

Savanah · Getting married on 10/22/2022

Amazing experience with Cory!

Cory made us feel very special on our wedding day. He made sure to keep in touch, and verified all updates on time/location with me and my spouse. He is very organized and arrived to the wedding location right on time. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to make their big day special!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Rachel S. · Getting married on 07/10/2022

Perfectly tailored ceremony

The whole process from starting with Rev. Cory's website and forms to deciding on our officiant to the big day was seamless. Chaplain Will was amazing in including just the right amount of religious notations to our ceremony while still keeping it light hearted and fun. He helped keep us relaxed during the ceremony and made it perfect!

Sent on 11/03/2020

Diana K. · Getting married on 05/15/2022

Absolutely Amazing! Pastor Cory made our Covid Ceremony Incredible!

Can't recommend Pastor Cory enough! Even having to do a facebook live ceremony because covid changed our plans. He made a light heartfelt and fun ceremony for us. We happened to have found out about Pastor Cory, through mutual friends. Best decision ever. We gave him total free range, he wrote our vows and made fun references from comedy and super hero movies. Everything couldn't have been more perfect. We're so glad we have a recording for forever. Those moments Pastor Cory created for us, will last a life time.

Sent on 05/28/2020

Tiffany K. · Getting married on 01/02/2022

Awesome Officiant!!

We couldn't have found a better officiant! Pastor Newell had such positive energy. He tailored our ceremony to our religious beliefs. He was very professional yet fun. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 03/06/2020

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! I loved how every detail was thought about. I pray blessing over you and your marriage. -- Rev. Newell
  • Temeka

Temeka G. · Getting married on 10/11/2021

Last Minute Elopement

Rev. Cory was very professional and willing to perform our ceremony with just two days notice. He was friendly and had a great sense of humor to help lighten the mood!

Sent on 05/15/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney M. · Married on 02/14/2021

Just everything I could ever ask for

Pastor Cory gave us the greatest advice and his words were everything I ever wanted to hear. Thank you pastor Cory you made my wedding day so special and just after a week after me and Michael wedding we are expecting our first baby. Every month on the 18th I will celebrate this moment with my husband because Aug 18th 2020 is our special day. Hopefully when Covid is gone and I plan on having my big wedding with family and friends I hope you will be there also

Sent on 09/11/2020

Caroline L. · Married on 02/11/2021

Personalized ceremony!

If you are looking for a personalized ceremony for your wedding, book pastor Cory! He is great and spent time getting to know my husband and I. He really does care about each of his couples. He even incorporated our favorite show into our ceremony. He was professional, timely and responsive. This was one wedding vendor we did not have to stress about.

Sent on 11/30/2020
  • Alison

Alison N. · Married on 02/10/2021

He Will Plan Everything For You!

Cory was great! He came from out of town to Richmond to have the service in my dream location. He always answered emails quickly and planned my whole ceremony perfectly when I did not know what I really wanted. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Rev. Cory Newell and Associates's reply:

Your wedding was so very unique to me with so many different elements. Getting to know you two was the joy in all of this process though. Thanks for saying such kind words. Much love and blessing to you both.

Markees B. · Married on 01/21/2021

A Simple Thursday Wedding

Pastor Cory did a wonderful job performing our wedding. We let him choose the setting and he didn’t disappoint! Would definitely recommend his services!

Sent on 01/23/2021

Nicole C. · Married on 12/19/2020

Fast sign wedding

Cory was able to schedule our fast sign in a week! He was very responsive and professional! Would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 12/21/2020

Elaine L. · Married on 12/05/2020

the day was great

it was a pleasure working with Rev Cory. It was a beautiful day :) we would recommend him. his online payment arrangements made it very easy to use

Sent on 05/29/2019

Jeannie S. · Married on 12/05/2020

Simply the best!

Cory was very professional, flexible, knowledgeable and fun. He made our special day perfect. We had planned for a specific date and due to unforeseen world events, we didn't know if we would be able to keep the date. We were able to get our license at the last minute and Cory was the first officiant that I called. I just knew that he would be the right choice for us. He kept in close contact, was flexible and tailored the ceremony to our beliefs and personalities. We highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/12/2020

Thomas · Married on 11/29/2020

Covid wedding

Thank you so much for a great and beautiful location due to COVID can’t wait to have the big wedding with you. Very professional and gave everything we asked for in our small wedding. Will Recommend him to anyone that is looking for a laugh but to have a great connection with. Very understanding and knows what you want when you simply give me a “short and sweet wedding” explanation. Thank you again and will see you for the big wedding.

Sent on 12/09/2020

Christina L. · Married on 11/29/2020

Absolutely the best!

We were very excited to book with them. Everything was easy to navigate thru online. All steps were very clear. Rev Corey did an amazing job on our special day.

Sent on 12/13/2020

Bryan M. · Married on 11/07/2020

Excellent experience and very accommodating

Corey was very accommodating in a last minute circumstance and it was a true blessing to have him take part in our beautiful ceremony!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Jenna N. · Married on 11/07/2020

Special Ceremony and Communion by Rev. Cory

We had a very special request for Rev. Cory that he helped make possible! It meant a lot for my now husband and I to have some close to us officiate our wedding, but the city we got married in would not acknowledge and online ordained minister. Our florist, Jeff's Flowers in Newport News, recommended Cory to us and he helped us put a very special ceremony together. My father officiated our wedding while Cory observed the ceremony and signed our marriage license. We also wanted to take communion together before our wedding which was a little complicated because we didn't want to do a "first look". Cory worked with our wedding coordinator to make the communion happen and the pictures are beautiful! He was also very punctual and comforting the unavoidably stressful wedding day. We sincerely appreciate all of his help and professionalism in making our day extra special!

Sent on 11/23/2020

Angela B. · Married on 10/31/2020

wonderful experience

We had a wonderful experience with Cory for our wedding. He really got to know us and everything we wanted our wedding to me

Sent on 11/12/2020
  • Shannon

Shannon B. · Married on 10/24/2020

Amazing officiant!

We used Rev. Charles Daniel for our ceremony on 10/24, and he was amazing! We spoke on the phone before the ceremony. He emailed us copies of 'repeat after me' vows since we wanted to be able to each say something different but did not want to write our own vows. Day of, he came early and met with me and then my husband. He was laid back and fun during the ceremony. Would recommend him for anyone needing an officiant!

Sent on 11/12/2020

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2020

Great all around!

Pastor Cory was great with communication, recommendations, and a good sense of humor. He is instantly disarming and we wouldn’t have wanted anyone else to do our elopement!

Sent on 10/17/2020
  • Rhonda

Rhonda N. · Married on 10/10/2020

Such a JOY

Work us in quickly, had a small ceremony, no local family other than my mother and Rev Cory was amazing!!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Lauren B. · Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn’t ask for a better experience!

After my husband and I found out the venue we wanted to get married at was already in use, Cory suggested another venue that was perfect! From beginning to end he was enthusiastic and gave us a fantastic overall experience. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2020

I highly recommend Corey!

Corey was an amazing officiant and put in and amazing amount of effort to make sure our ceremony was personal to us!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Neith B. · Married on 10/10/2020

Wonderful experience

Very kind and energetic and was able to change locations at the last minute with no problem.

Sent on 10/25/2020

Leslie P. · Married on 10/03/2020

Great choice!

Dr. Watson did a wonderful job with our ceremony! She was very professional and had the perfect touch of personalization. Dr. Watson has such a beautiful tone to her voice, one of my bridesmaids said she should do podcasts or voice recordings! We were very happy with our choice!!

Sent on 12/08/2020