Retrospect Reviews

78 Reviews for Retrospect

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

78 Retrospect Reviews

Danielle · Married on 02/24/2018

Larry and the Retrospect band are amazing! They had everyone on the dance floor all night. I am still having family/friends reach out to tell me how wonderful they were and how much fun they had at my wedding. Larry goes out of his way to make sure everything is in order before the wedding and he is extremely knowledgeable in everything wedding related. I will recommend them to everyone as they are simply the best!

Kailee · Married on 10/14/2017

Hiring Retrospect for our Wedding Band was one of our best decisions for our wedding!!! The dancing and the music was everyones favorite part of the wedding and we owe all of that to Retrospect!! They played the music that I wanted but also knew exactly what songs to play at the right times to make sure all wedding guests had a blast!! There are few things that Larry (the band leader) & the band did that I felt they went above and beyond the amazing music they played! First, Larry offered to meet me at my venue when I first reached out to hire them to make sure he had all the right equipment for the wedding day! That made me feel super confident that they would be able to deliver everything we wanted, which they did deliver! And then he also took us out to lunch a month before the wedding to review in person the entire day and make sure we were on the same page about every single detail! Second, the band learned extra songs for special dances at our wedding that were not on their list of songs (which is HUNDREDS of songs)! I was so appreciative that they were more than happy to learn those songs and fulfill the exact vision we had for each in particular special dance. Then third, did I mention the AMAZING music!!! And so much fun! During a few of the songs, the band comes out to the crowd and interacts with us and our guests... it was a true highlight of the entire night! If you want to dance to the best music and truly make the reception an experience to remember I would highly suggest hiring Retrospect for your Wedding Band!

John · Married on 09/16/2017

If 6 stars out of 5 were possible...Retrospect would deserve every one of them AND MORE. I cannot say enough about them and their performance during this past weekend's wedding for my daughter, held in the Blue Room at the Omni Shoreham. The quality, responsiveness, professionalism, flexibility, and the value that we were provided by Larry and Retrospect far exceeded EVERY expectation. They were incredible and fit in so naturally with our wedding guests and the venue. Every wedding in the DC/MD/VA area MUST have Retrospect as their entertainment. Every single one of our guests were either on the dance floor or were dancing in their seats. The feedback from everyone was "this band is phenomenal, where did you find them?". Word of mouth is a great thing because they have done other family and friend's weddings (one coming up next month as well) and I will continue to sing their praises.

I said it before and I will say it again...Every wedding in the DC/MD/VA area MUST have Retrospect as their entertainment.

John · Married on 05/28/2017

Had an excellent experience with Larry and the Retrospect team for our wedding. To be brief

They learned the songs we wanted to dance to.
    They played the songs we wanted to party to.
    They had everyone dancing the WHOLE night. My 91 year old grandma and all my college friends loved it.

Would absolutely recommend them in a heart beat!

Tim and Dana · Married on 05/20/2017

Retrospect is an amazing band. They have played at numerous events for our family and are always fabulous. Most recently they played at my wedding. They truly make any event a party; the band is extremely interactive and get the crowd up on their feet. All of the guests I spoke with at the wedding were very complimentary of Retrospect and thought they were amazing.
    On top of their onstage performance, Larry is extremely organized, making sure that everything is executed according to plan. Also, Larry and the band are very responsive to requests that make your event unique.
    My wife and I highly recommend Retrospect.

Eric · Married on 05/06/2017

Restrospect is phenomenal! We booked them for our wedding and had high expectations for them....which they left far behind with their amazing performance! They blew us away and every guest I spoke with said the same thing, they were great. The dance floor was packed the entire night, they made us laugh and jump around, Larry (band leader) was just amazing at helping keep the flow of the evening on track too. If you can't tell, we can't recommend them highly enough. They are totally and completely worth the money to have them at your event. Thank you to all of the band/singers, you made our night the best wedding ever!

Rebecca · Married on 03/18/2017

The guests went wild over this band. Can't count the number of guests who said "that's the best wedding band I've ever heard...I could dance to all the songs!" We were quite particular about the music that could be played at the wedding reception. We had some judges, some very religious people, some very conservative people, and some easily offended people, and guests ranging from 8 to 80 years old. So we were very particular about what songs could and should not be played. They did exactly what we asked for. One of my favorite things about them was how interactive they were with the guests on the dance floor (singers & musicians came on the dance floor). I decided to serenade my groom and the band worked with me to pull that off beautifully (my groom's favorite part of the whole wedding). One word of advice: pay attention to the band's space requirements. They require a certain amount of room for a 9 piece band. When I signed the contract, I was under the impression that they were sort of flexible about that and I was mistaken. It was a bit of a tight squeeze, but definitely worth it. They were outstanding,and the musicians are a tight-knit group. They were very, very patient when the toasts went on and on and on and on.... We were also impressed with their charity work, and the fact that they actually seem to ENJOY being part of someone's wedding. Cannot thank them enough for keeping guests dancing all night long!

Becca · Married on 12/03/2016

Larry and the entire Retrospect team are true processionals. They are organized, great communicators and make your job as the happy couple a breeze. From our initial pre-wedding meeting to the last song of the evening there was absolutely nothing to worry about with Larry running the show. They help with everything from day-of timeline, cocktail music, lining everyone up and introducing them for the reception, dinner music selects, MC'ing the evening and of course----they know how to throw a party! Our guests were on the dance floor all evening long---some even before entrees were severed! You just can't help but enjoy the great energy that Retrospect brings to any event. If you're looking for a great band and even better people to be a part of your special day, we highly recommend Retrospect.

BOOK THEM! This band is amazing! We wanted a really fun wedding, and Retrospect gave us that! Larry meets with you about a month beforehand to go over your music choices -they have a HUGE song list, and will learn new songs for you. It was awesome to have a band that really got and kept the party going, and played to our crowd. At one point, the saxophonist was dancing on the dance floor with some of our crazy dancers, and I know none of us will ever forget that! We requested a (kind-of) obscure song for our first dance, and they learned it for us. Additionally, I had said there were a few requests we had that weren't on their playlist, and they did both of them! My groom and I were so surprised, since one was near and dear to our hearts. Most of our guests commented during the wedding how awesome the band was! They definitely made our party, and we will be forever grateful to them! Their 90's mashup medley is a must, and people went nuts! THANK YOU, RETROSPECT!!!!!

This is the third year that our nonprofit organization has used Retrospect for our black-tie gala! They are incredibly fun and keeps the attendees on the dance floor with great music! They play current music as well as wonderful oldies. When we let them know the theme of the event they are always sure to know the music that works well with the theme. The group is professional and easy to work with--and they are able to be flexible with timing during our program. I enthusiastically recommend Retrospect to anyone who is looking for great music for an event.

Maryfaith · Married on 11/28/2015

Retrospect receives not only raves reviews from myself and my husband, but also from all of our wedding guests. Our guest had a fantastic time dancing and singing with the outstanding band. They still are the talk of the wedding!
    Larry was extremely accommodating, helpful, and patient. He took time to listen to our requests, and stuck by them the day of the wedding (no shuffles, limited country music etc.).
    Anyone who wants the all of your guests up and dancing the night away, Retrospect is the band for you.

Glen & Andrea · Married on 11/28/2015

On November 28, 2015, Retrospect played for Mary Faith & Cressman's (our daughter & now son in law) wedding reception at Dupont Country Club. Larry went out of his way to make the entire process easy, fun and fantastic! Larry met us in Delaware to work out the time line, music, set up & so much more! The dance floor was NEVER empty! We continue to receive outstanding compliments on the band! (you can NOT go wrong with Retrospect) When asked, "Where did you find these guys?"....we answered...."They played at our wedding!!!!" November 5, 1983 We can't WAIT for our other 3 children to get married! Glen & Andrea

Lauren · Married on 09/19/2015

Retrospect is the BEST! My husband and I were just thrilled with our reception, Retrospect made it such a wonderful party! Larry (the band leader) took the time to meet with us over breakfast a few weeks before our wedding to go over logistics, details and special song choices. He had a lot of great recommendations. The morning after our wedding, the only thing our guests could talk about was "the band!" Even my 89 year old grandma (who was pretty well-known for her dancing skills back in the day!) said that Retrospect is "the best band I've ever heard." This is a talented group of musicians and they are very professional and experienced. All of our guests were up dancing the whole night, it was a great party!!

Steven · Married on 08/08/2015

Larry and the entire band were awesome. They played the music we wanted, kept people dancing, were professional and most importantly - sounded great. Folks are still talking about how much fun they had dancing at our wedding - and that starts with good music.

Retrospect has played 3 weddings in my group of friends and we could not have asked for a more professional/organized group to help our friends have a great time. The planning process was great as they provide you with a list of songs from different genres and you can pick what songs you'd like to have and those you're not interested in having played. It was fun to have a lot of interaction that just a DJ can't really provide.

Doreen · Married on 06/26/2015

Larry and all the band members were fabulous! We had enjoyed them at a friends wedding so much we said we had to have them for ours. It was very special that my two boys were allowed to accompany the band in a few songs ( they both play trumpet). It was on of the best highlights of the wedding!

David · Married on 06/20/2015

Larry Elliot and the RETROSPECT Band were by and far the best wedding band that we could have chosen. After seeing them perform at my sister's wedding, we knew we had to have them for ours. Not only did they personally tailor and wonderfully execute our first dance song, which was no easy feat, they brought the house down and got everyone involved and dancing with our personally selected list of songs. We danced the night away to their fantastic set and put our wedding as the top event of the summer per our friends and family. Furthermore, they made the entire process of reserving and coordinating extremely simple, putting myself and my wife at ease during the difficult wedding planning process (even making the trip all the way from Washington DC to Connecticut showing their incredible commitment to our special day). If you don't get RETROSPECT for your wedding, you will regret it, as no other band comes close to these guys!

Vanessa · Married on 06/07/2015

We had an amazing and fun wedding. The reception was really fun, in large part, because Retrospect was great! All of our guests were out on the dance floor, having a great time and my husband and I were out there with them.

I first saw Retrospect at a friend's wedding two years ago where everyone had so much fun dancing the whole night. I knew I wanted to see if they could perform at our wedding. My husband got to see them at a free concert by the Bethesda metro and thought they were great. It was easy to work with Larry Elliott. He was helpful and available. We spoke on the phone and then met for brunch before the wedding to go over details and logistics. Larry made sure he had everyone's names down to introduce, all of the special songs we wanted, and was even able to coordinate with a good family friend, who sang a song with the band.

I wanted lots of great music and dancing. My husband wanted to have a great time. My dad wanted to make sure the music wasn't too loud so that people could still hear each other talking at the tables. My mom wanted to make sure there was music from different decades so everyone would have fun and enjoy. Larry Elliott and Retrospect came through and did all of that. He was a great MC during the reception. Lots of friends and family told us afterwards how much fun they had and how great the band was.

Thanks to Larry and Retrospect!

Eve · Married on 05/16/2015

Retrospect is by far the best band I have ever heard at any party (and many of my guests said the same!) They played for my son's Bar Mitzvah, and the adults and kids alike had an absolute blast! Everyone was up dancing, the variety of music was fantastic, they sound GREAT. We didn't want them to be too loud - the volume was perfect. The band leader met with me in advance to go through the kinds of music we wanted, and then he adapted the day before when my 21-year old daughter threw some new songs into the mix! They were TERRIFIC! I will definitely be using them again for future parties.

Retrospect was amazing. I had seen them at the weddings of two of my close friends and knew that I wanted them for our wedding. They have a good mix of older and newer songs and do a great job of getting the guests going and keeping them going on the dance floor. Larry, the band leader, set up a brunch meeting with my fiancé and I before the wedding to see how we wanted to night to go which I thought was nice. Never a dull moment with this badn!

Krista · Married on 04/10/2015

I've known this group for years and they ALWAYS impress! My guests had a blast and my father-in-law couldn't stop raving about the great song selection. They learned new songs just for us and even let us sing a few with them! If I ever need a band for another event I would hire them in a heartbeat, and I recommend them to ANYONE who wants quality music!

Retrospect was the best wedding band that my husband and I could have asked for. Leading up to the big day, Larry (the band leader) was incredibly responsive, helpful, and accommodating as we decided which songs to put on the playlist, put together the entrance script, and figured out the timing of the various events during the reception (entrances, toasts, cake cutting, etc.). Larry gave some great suggestions about things that we might not have known -- for example, good background music to use while dinner was being served and whether to have the band start playing dancing music before dinner. It's obvious that Larry has a wealth of experience playing wedding receptions (but it's also refreshing that he's willing to accommodate personal preferences). During the reception, it's fair to say that Retrospect was the hit of the evening. At one point almost every single one of our guests (125+) was on the dance floor. Even six months later, people who were at our wedding still mention how much they enjoyed the band and the music.

My husband and I would recommend Retrospect to any couple looking for an energizing, standout wedding band!

Janice · Married on 10/25/2014

We are so glad we asked Retrospect to be the band for our wedding! We had first met them when they played at my sister's wedding a few years ago, they were a hit then so it was a no-brainer to ask them to play at our wedding. Larry, their bandleader, took us out to lunch before the wedding to meet us, and we were able to give him a list of our song preferences. He was so responsive and kind. Their band played just the right songs during both the dinner hour and dancing part of the night, and just had a great feel for what would be the next great hit with the crowd! The dance floor was packed the entire night -- with our grandparents, friends, and younger cousins! All ages had a great time, and we had several guests come up and tell us it was the best wedding band they had ever heard! We couldn't have been happier.

Reston · Married on 09/27/2014

Retrospect did a great job at our wedding - our guests are still talking about how awesome their music was over a month later! Larry was very prompt in answering all of my questions in the months leading up to our event, and the band accommodated our requests with no hesitation. We played a slideshow during our reception and had asked the band to accompany it with a song, and they did a wonderful job extending the music until the slideshow completed. Larry met with us a few weeks before the wedding to review all details, and afterwords I knew we wouldn't have to worry about a thing on our wedding day!