Resch's Bakery Reviews

1 User photo

Resch's Bakery 1
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/21/2017

We have always gotten cakes at Resch's, they are beautiful and delicious. We had a small wedding and just a small cake no bigger than a birthday cake. Kelly treated it like an expensive wedding cake and made me feel special.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Casey · Married on 07/08/2016

We used Resch's Bakery for our wedding cake and they did an amazing job! They were able to construct the exact cake that I had in mind for our wedding based on the details I gave them. Not to mention their cakes and pastries are to die for! Their prices are also super reasonable for their products! I highly recommend using them!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Bridget · Married on 06/04/2016

Gorgeous cake and delicious donuts. We opted to have a smaller, two tiered cake, and serve most of the guests with donuts. Everything Resch's makes is delicious, but their donuts are the best in the city. I asked for a specific design on the outside of the cake (make it look like a tree trunk, with our initials carved in it)-- they hadn't done the technique before. So, before signing the contract they practiced it on a cake and sent me a photo, and it was perfect! I gave them a copy of our invitation so they could get the right shade of pink for the flowers on the cake. It was executed perfectly. The cake was just beautiful. Our guests went on and on about the donuts. Our choice to use the donuts made the entire cake/ dessert purchase very affordable as well. We never even considered using any other bakery, because Resch's is the best, and I'm so glad we went with them for our cake/donuts.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Reach' was absolutely wonderful and our guests raved about how delicious our cakes were. They were very professional and responsive. They responded to my emails within 24 hours every time and were flexible with what I wanted my order to be. They even offered me suggestions on tips for making my ideas even better and are so fairly price I wouldn't recommend anywhere else for a wedding cake! We got two cakes and cupcakes and all of them were absolutely wonderful. I HIGHLY recommend them!!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Matt · Married on 07/26/2014

This place is amazing we called them the day of the wedding as the cupcakes that were originally planned to go with our cake didn't turn out and Resch's came to the rescue and provided us with exactly what we wanted for the wedding. We will always be thankful for their help that day. Besides what they did for us that day the cupcakes they made for us are some of the best that we've ever had

Sent on 08/02/2014
  • User3912074 · 2+ years ago

Fabulous cake!! Resch's has been in Columbus for over 100 years. We had used them before for special occasion cakes, so they were an easy pick for our wedding. The cake decorator talked over what we wanted for our wedding and delivered an absolutely beautiful cake that was also delicious!!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Autumn · Married on 08/10/2013

The cake was absolutely beautiful and it was delicious too! the staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 09/26/2013

Channing · Married on 02/23/2013

I literally cannot say enough how much I love this cake. This was the first bakery I went to on a recommendation from my grandparents, who have been going here for years, and my aunt, who bought her wedding cake here. All I can say is, I wish I had eaten more cake :) From the tasting, where they brought out three different flavor cupcakes, and walked me through the pricing process (which was very reasonable especially compared to other bakeries we looked at) to the finished product, our experience with Resch's was great. I am already a huge fan of red velvet cake and buttercream icing, but their's is beyond any I have ever tasted. The cake is very moist and the icing is incredible. The cake decorator was also very willing to decorate just like a picture I found, and the cake looked amazing! It was perfect, and I can't wait to go back for our one year anniversary to get a top tier replica.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Ashley · Married on 07/28/2012

We loved our cake! We wanted ribbon on it and that didn't come out EXACTLY as I wanted, but I bought the ribbon and I don't think it was the best choice to be used in this manner.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Caroline · Married on 06/26/2010

I have purchased 2 wedding cakes for 2 daughters at this bakery. The cake cannot be beat! Their decorator is very skilled. Both daughters took photographs of cakes with intricate designs and they were able to decorate their cake exactly the same. Will do business with them again for our other daughter.

Sent on 07/21/2010

Susan · Married on 09/16/2017

3.5

Our wedding cake was super yummy and was delivered on time in perfect condition. The only thing that could be better is that the bakery could be a bit more organized. My now husband went to drop off our cake topper and they couldn't find our order. After a few minutes of searching they did find our order, but it did leave my confidence shaken. All is well that ends well and we'll definitely be back on our anniversary for another cake. Tip: Try the carrot cake. It was amazing!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    Resch's Bakery 2

Erika · Married on 07/13/2013

Resch's came to us on a multitude of different recommendations from others. We went in for a taste testing and were sold - they helped us in seeing our idea for our wedding cake come to life, and allowed us to bring in a very specific cake topper to utilize. However, we do wish for the amount of money we spent that there would have been more filling in the cake, and that the filling would have been fresh instead of just a jelly substance. The cakes were delicious nonetheless.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Resch provided us with a small tiered wedding cake and several hundred cupcakes for our wedding. We ordered white cake with strawberry filling and vanilla icing, and they were phenomenal! Often times I've been to weddings where the cake/cupcakes are just left alone, but there were only several left at the end of the night and the bridal party gobbled them up! There was a bit of confusion on exactly what decor I wanted, but with a few printed pictures they were able to get it right. The options for decor is very simple but that made it look even ore elegant. They also had by far the best price for cupcakes in town. When you go to taste, order or pick up leave a little early because there is literally always a line out the door - but it's worth the wait!

Sent on 01/23/2015
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

3.0

Our almond cake with creamcheese frosting and lemon and raspberry filling was delicious, and looked great, too!

Sent on 10/10/2017

3.0
      2.5

The cake was beautiful and delicious- they were flexible- we ordered it late for our wedding and they accommodated us.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Erica · event on 02/01/2013

0.0

My Daughter Sweet Sixteen was just a disapponintment when we cut the cake it had 2 different color long hair in the cake ( NASTY) i would not never buy a cake from them never never again! so customers be aware of your cakes, cookies whatever.

Sent on 02/25/2013