Rengstorff House Reviews

Rengstorff House 6
Rengstorff House 7
  • leah & kevin

leah & kevin · Married on 09/08/2018

Rengstorff was a perfect venue. Exactly what we wanted and the staff was friendly and helped us leading up to the date if they could. For the cost of the venue it’s great, very affordable for the Bay Area.

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Rengstorff House 8
  • Norma

Norma · Married on 07/28/2018

Gorgeous Venue

I looked around for a while and when I walked the Rengstorff House I fell in love and knew this was what I had been looking for! Kristina is awesome, she helped me with all my questions and made sure she was there for me through it all. It’s beautiful lawns have the right space. I had my ceremony on the side of the house, cocktails on the front and the dinner and dance on the opposite side. Everyone was I love with the layout and enjoyed taking pictures throughout. I loved that i didn’t have to go any where for pictures as there are many locations onsite! Thank you Kristina! Thank you Rengstorff House for allowing me to celebrate this important day of my life there!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    Rengstorff House 9
    Rengstorff House 10
    Rengstorff House 11
    Rengstorff House 12
    Rengstorff House 13
    Rengstorff House 14

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2013

This is the most beautiful venue. I knew that I loved it when I first did a site visit. It wasn't until I went to a wedding faire here that I really fell in love with it. The lighting was perfect and I envisioned a beautiful outdoor wedding. They are very helpful and respond well. The value of this place is PHENOMENAL. I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful venue and for such a great price.

Sent on 10/20/2013

Shirley · Married on 10/10/2009

The Rengstorff House is at the end of the Shoreline Park. The price is very reasonable ($200/hr) and it is such a beautiful venue to host a small & cozy garden or indoor wedding in this old Victorian style luxurious place.

Sent on 10/14/2009
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2010

The Rengstorff House is a beautiful venue. It is secluded from the lake and the road so you feel like you're in a private garden. The house is open and they allow you the option of letting your guests walk through and enjoy the rooms. However you can choose to restrict access if you want to save it just for your bridal party.

We had our ceremony and reception at the venue. The kitchen is small but since we just had a dessert reception our caterers were able to make it work. The kitchen window opens out onto a porch that leads into the back lawn area for easy passing of dishes to be set up.

We had our ceremony on the smaller lawn which fits about 150 chairs. Then moved the reception to the larger lawn and had a few tables, but the majority of the seating were chairs circled around umbrellas. Worked out wonderfully.

There is always a nice breeze from the lake, making even the hottest days more bearable.

The staff was responsive and helpful and were always responded quickly to my emails.

I highly recommend this venue -- I have received countless compliments on the venue and how pleasant it was. There is plenty of parking at Shoreline lake and it takes less than a minute to walk from there to the house.

It's affordable and beautiful and your guests will love it!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Mackenzie · Married on 09/10/2016

What can I say about Rengstorff House as a venue? It's beautiful and clean and, above all, QUIET (unless there's an event at Shoreline Amphitheatre -- double check those dates). It's easy to find and has plenty of parking. My husband and I walked past this historic site all the time with our friends out on walks, so when the time came to choose a venue, it was our first choice. It took us less than two weeks to reach out with our interest, get available dates, and send in a contract with our deposit. Our coordinator helped us take care of the rest of the details after that point. The only small issue we had was some confusion during the transition in points of contact at the venue, as the person we initially worked with went on maternity leave, but was still back to work in time for our wedding. If you're looking for a venue-only (they provide nothing more than the location and wedding arch if you request it), I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this location to anyone looking for a quiet, outdoor setting without hassle.

Sent on 06/30/2017

Alison · Married on 05/26/2012

The Rengstorff House was a beautiful venue for our ceremony! We wanted an outdoor space with an intimate, garden feel - and this historical house was the perfect setting. There is a nice lawn area that sits about 150 for the actual ceremony and many surrounding areas for photos. It's located near the water and Michaels at Shoreline, a great place to hold your reception if you don't want to deal with rentals and catering. (But it would also be a nice place for both the ceremony and reception.)
    The drive to the Rengstorff House is so pretty, too, and there are plenty of places for guests to wander while waiting, which is always good. The Rengstorff House staff and rental coordinators are easy to work with and very responsive, which is helpful when you have questions regarding vendor coordination and logistics.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/21/2010

2.5

We had both our ceremony and reception on the outside lawns of Rengstorff House. Beautiful venue and we loved it!
    The house manager is very nice and helpful and we had no problems with our venue for the rehearsal day and wedding day.

Sent on 09/21/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

We had our wedding here in August 2014, and we couldn't have asked for a more awesome venue. We wanted a place where we could have an outdoor ceremony and reception, and Rengstorff House was the perfect venue for this! It was beautiful, breathtaking, and just wonderful.

I don't regret getting married here at all (I'd do it again if I could), but there are a few considerations if you're planning to get married here or book any event here. One is that while the venue is affordable, you do have to import everything as far as rentals--tables, plates, heaters, chairs, etc. The other thing is that after dark, there is no lighting, so it'd be wise to invest in some lights. And then, third, the water attracts mosquitoes at sunset. If you're mosquito bait like I am, it would be prudent to plan for that.

But again, despite all that, I loved getting married here! Rengstorff House gave us the rustic, romantic, Victorian wedding I'd always wanted.

Sent on 09/21/2014
  • I

Irene · Married on 06/29/2012

3.0

I have always loved the Rengstorff House and it's beauty since I first visited it on my third grade field trip. I love the Rengstorff House so much that I have always known I wanted to have my wedding here, which I did on June 29th, 2012. They offer a really great rental rate for 8-hour time slot, but we only needed a ceremony venue which was $200/hour. The rate is very reasonable considering how beautiful the place is, but it is ONLY for the Rengstorff House grounds, doesn't include anything more or less. Also, reserve your date EARLY! We booked this venue a year in advance, only a few slots were available, so we chose a Friday but it worked out wonderfully. One downside to working with this venue was that they went through 3-4 wedding coordinators prior to our wedding date making communication hard. In addition, another downside was they are extreme sticklers about time, if you do not give yourself enough time to set up & break down, they will take it out of your deposit. Thankfully, we got out of there quickly. Our house attendant (Lisa?) was a doll, she was so great to work with and helped us tremendously! All our guests were raving about how beautiful our outdoor wedding was! The groom and I are so ecstatic about how gorgeous everything turned out. :)

Sent on 07/06/2012