Renaissance Floral Design Reviews

121 | Albany, NY

121 Reviews for Renaissance Floral Design

Jamie · Married on 11/09/2012

David Michael Schmidt is the best around. He's not just a florist but he's an event designer. Our experience with him was wonderful. I have to admit, I was hesitant to call him when we were searching for florists for our wedding because I was aware of the work that he does and was concerned our event wouldn't be "big" enough for him. Go to his website and check out some of the amazing events he has crafted and you'll see what i mean (www.renaissancefloraldesign.com). But as soon as I sent an email inquiring as to his availability I immediately received a phone call from his assistant and then actually spoke to David and we setup a time to meet right away. He spent over 2 hours with my fiancé and I at our first meeting and we hadn't even signed a contract with him. That sealed the deal for me and I knew I had to work with him. The great thing about David is he has such a vast repertoire of events to his name that you can pick and choose items that other people have utilized and still make it look original and like your own. With Renaissance, you can either craft the whole thing yourself or rely on David to come up with something amazing. On my wedding day, I couldn't wait to get to the reception to see what David had put together. Our venue was a beautiful historical site that normally most people don't glam up because it's naturally beautiful. David just took it to a whole other level and it truly was a sight to see. Additionally, I wanted peonies for my wedding bouquet. Getting married in November, they are out of season and very hard to come by and David was upfront with me and said they would be tough to get. Well in the morning of my wedding when I was getting ready, I received a text message picture of a beautiful bouquet of peonies and they were on their way!! David and Renaissance Floral Design is a class act and I am so honored to have had him design my wedding. He is worth every penny and I would use him again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 11/20/2012
  • User3201890 · 2+ years ago

Everything I could have asked for and so much more! Great with ANY budget and so knowledgable. Professional and personable.

Ellen · Married on 10/13/2012

David is wonderful! When I was looking for a florist for our wedding, David was the first person I called after reading his reviews and I am so happy I did. After our first initial conversation, I knew right away that he was the one for us. He is so nice and friendly. He responds to phone calls and emails quickly and he provided advice to me on other questions I had that had absolutely nothing to do with flowers or decor! He understood our vision for our color scheme, what we were thinking in regards to the feel/vibe of the day and really listened to what was important to us. We talked about flowers for the boutonnieres and all I could say was "we would like something hunter-worthy" and David got it. The boutonnieres were awesome!! They were perfect!! On the day of our wedding, everything was beautiful! He made a last minute change on the linens (due to availability and size and he checked with me to make sure it was ok) and the cocktail hour area and reception room looked beautiful! From the chairs, linens, candles, centerpieces, etc. - everything was perfect! Our flowers were gorgeous! The colors were amazing (exactly what we talked about) and throughout the entire night, so many of the guests were remarking about how beautiful everything was! David was truly great to work with and I highly recommend him to any future bride!

Sent on 11/21/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2012

David did a wonderful job at listening to what i wanted and knowing what i wanted. He went above and beyond for making my wedding day go from something that i had pictured in my head to a living reality. For that, i would recommend him to everyone. He has a special gift that i was lucky enough to have him share with

Sent on 10/18/2012

Linda · Married on 10/06/2012

David and renaissance floral design was the mastermind behind both of my daughters weddings. He is one of the most creative artistic talented people I have ever come in contact with! Not only does my whole family and many of my friends use him for various occasions but he has become one of our favorite family friends. I have been going to RFD for 15 years and hes never disappointed in all that time! Not only is he talented but his sense of humor and caring personality makes it such a pleasure to do business with him and all the staff at RFD!

Sent on 10/19/2012

Jackie · Married on 09/29/2012

David was attentive and accommodating. He made our wedding planning process a pleasure. He did so much more than just helping us pick our gorgeous floral arrangements and decor -- he served as a secondary wedding planner for me and my family! He had fantastic ideas and took the time to meet with us on several occasions to work out all of the details, and he always made us feel like we were his number one priority. Everyone was blown away by our wedding day flowers and decor -- everything we discussed was there, but it was even more beautiful than any of us could have imagined!

Sent on 09/25/2013

I wanted my wedding to be like no other and David Michael Schmidt not only delivered he made our dreams come true. Our guests are still talking about the wedding. He built our event from the ground up. He styled every detail and created a room from a section of grass on the property we selected to a ballroom I doubt will ever exist again. David you guided us every step of the way and on the points we felt we knew better. We should have listened. You still made it perfect but we made it harder on you by not listening. Your professionalism is off the charts and we have no idea why you are not in NYC or Hollywood because you could blow any designer away.
    We also want to say that David helped us pick the perfect venders for every aspect of our event.
    The only issue we (had( was that because we were out if town it made it tricky to meet with him due to his busy schedule. That said I would recommend Renaissance floral design 110% When we did meet with him he was totally in tune with our needs. during the week of our wedding he was on the property for 7 days hyper focused on every detail and was on top of every vender we hired making sure everything was perfect.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Christin · Married on 09/15/2012

What can I say the flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!!!! David did a wonderful job taking my vision and making it a reality for my September 15th wedding at River Stone Manor. The centerpieces and bouquets were gorgeous and just how I imagined. David did a wonderful job guiding me in the color of the table linens which really brought the whole reception together. David and his staff were wonderful to work with, they were patient and accommodating. I highly recommend Renaissance Floral Design, they were professional and their quality of service was fantastic right from the start. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you David!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2012

Alycia · Married on 09/08/2012

I "secretly" call David Michael Schmidt my "David Tutera". He truly brought our reception to live as we envisioned it! The quality of the materials/linens/chairs/furniture he uses, the placement and tastefulness is perfect and elegant, and everything you need to make sure your reception looks anything but "cookie cutter". I highly recommend David and his team if you want to wow your guests with incredible flowers and decor. Working with David was a breeze and worth every penny.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Carissa · Married on 09/08/2012

By far one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire wedding process was hiring David and his team at Renaissance Floral to design our wedding! David does amazing work and I was BLOWN AWAY with the flowers and decor he put together for my wedding this past weekend at the Sagamore Resort in Lake George. He turned a tent with astro-turf into an upscale ballroom - from the chandeliers to the boutonnieres - everything tied together and looked fantastic. David is not someone you have to micro-manage...just let him know your vision and he will exceed your expectations!

Sent on 09/16/2012

Maria · Married on 09/08/2012

Renaissance Floral was an excellent vendor to work with. David was able to translate my vision into beautiful wedding flowers. The entire staff there is incredibly friendly, responsive and accommodating. They were always very good about answering questions and even when I had a few changes, they always provided me with many options. They also are mindful of keeping you within your budget.

We had a great experience with this vendor and I would highly recommend using them on your wedding day.

Sent on 09/24/2012

Carol · Married on 09/08/2012

I just want to say Thank You for making my daughters wedding weekend truly magical. It was truly a dream come true. I was totally blown away from the minute I stepped around the corner to see what a magnificent area you had created from this plain patio area at the resort to this full blown gorgeous outdoor area for the festivities the night before the wedding was to take place. The colors of the tablecloths to the choice of flowers/containers and the " Barcelona lights " was such a elegant yet simple touch to set the pace for the wedding the next day. This was a " wow " for sure.

You and your crew performed what I would call a miracle of miracles on the " tent " at the resort. As you know, I was very nervous to say the least that the existing tent could look so inviting and elegant. Again, when I entered the room after the wedding ceremony- I was totally speechless. From the gorgeous tablecloths,flower arrangements,chandeliers and the most beautiful monogram on the black dance floor- is beyond words. It took my breathe away.

The room was then transformed the next morning for the brunch which was again truly amazing. I am looking forward to working with you on future events for Carissa and Scot down the road. I am still receiving so many compliments about what a magical weekend it was for all involved . Thanks again to you and all your staff.

Sent on 10/23/2012

I don't know what else to say except David and Renaissance Floral Design are incredible.... the best! Not only is David extremely talented, but also unbelievably dedicated. He went above and beyond and we truly have him to thank for making the wedding process so enjoyable and wedding day truly magical.

Susie · Married on 08/25/2012

Whatever the occasion, whatever the budget , it will be given careful thought and attention and will be beautiful. There is no one who does it better... David makes your dreams come true!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Cannot recommend RFD enough! David and his team approached our wedding (probably a small project on their big list) with 100% professionalism, commitment and creativity. I had some broad/sweeping ideas and David further defined our vision and worked hard to stay within our budget. I felt very taken care of by David. Not once did I have to worry that David wasn't understanding what my vision was as he is a very good communicator. He is kind and realistic. RFD heightened the elegance and glam of our wedding day--I am so glad we chose David and his team. A total pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/12/2012

Katie · Married on 07/20/2012

Worth every penny! David Michael is the man. Regardless of your budget they will work with you and give you the best of the best! A week after our reception, the flowers still looked beautiful, that never happens!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Diane · Married on 07/15/2012

David is wonderful to work with! He listens to the bride and groom and family and translates their ideas, wants into a design that is better than they could have ever imagined. He is flexible and is able to change design based on the weather!!!! Our daughter's wedding was absolutely spectacular thanks to David and his team.

Sent on 07/21/2012

I absolutely loved the flowers. We met with David once and he knew exactly what we wanted. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2012

Renaissance Floral Design did an AMAZING job on the flowers for my wedding!! David and his staff were very professional and easy to work with. David is extremely creative and great at what he does. He knew what I was looking for and created me a vision that had exceeded far beyond my expectations. I was taken back when I walked into my reception room. It looked absolutely gorgeous and it took my breath away! I would recommend that you speak with David right away when planning your wedding because he will immediately make you feel comfortable and let you know that you can completely and 100% trust him!!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/09/2012

David Michael Schmidt Design has been a fabulous asset and friend to the Albany Institute of History & Art. Our galas and special events are critical to our success as an institution, and David has acted as a true visionary, designer, producer and problem solver, allowing our events stand out among the hundreds hosted by area non-profits. No challenge is too big and no detail is too small for David’s solutions. David’s artistic sense is brilliant; his ideas, resources and energy are unrivaled. I also love his can-do attitude. Who else, but David, on the eve of our major gala would agree to produce 300 cards for our dining tables? I am grateful David is on our team! Elizabeth Reiss, Director of Development, Albany Institute of History & Art

Sent on 11/16/2012

Michelle · Married on 06/01/2012

David Michael Schmidt and his team are the real deal. We hired Renaissance not only for our flowers but also for the overall decor and complete design of our wedding. The level of expertise and service Renaissance provides is unmatched in this regard.

I went to David with some pictures of a store display and a couple of pages ripped from a magazine. He helped guide me through what I wanted (and didn't want) and more than anything helped to translate the feel of what we wanted through the flowers and decor. Every meeting with him was enjoyable and fun and I valued each minute because his ideas were so creative and unique and he was always helpful.

David arranged for our lighting and was extremely knowledgeable about the resources and ideas for rentals in the area. His store is a treasure trove of gorgeous home and decor items and we took full advantage by renting special furniture and custom made lamps and other pieces from him, too. David even handmade petal toss buckets for me from a picture of something I found and loved.

Of everyone, David was the most concerned with our comfort level with costs. He was honest, objective, and creative in helping me to prioritize the decor plans so we could keep within a budget that we were comfortable with.

Our guests marveled at the beautiful ceremony decor and told me the reception felt like a celebrity wedding. This is 100% due to David and Renaissance Floral Design.

David is talented and sincere. I put my trust in him have could not have felt more at ease at how everything would turn out. If you are considering hiring Renaissance, do not hesitate and do it! You will be so happy you did.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Anna · Married on 04/28/2012

Well what can we say about David.... only that he was Amazing!! Picking flowers and decorations for our wedding was probably the activity i dreaded most in the whole planning process. I have no sense for flowers or how to decorate in such a way that its nice but not over the top. I put all my trust in David and his team and couldn't have been happier with the end results. It certainly exceeded any expectations that we may have had. David was also really flexible and patiently let me change my mind several times on what I thought my vision was for the arrangements. Even though i couldn't articulate very well what i was looking for he, he was able to see get my concept right off the bat and took my very general guidance and made it something spectacular. My wedding venue was already gorgeous on its own so i really didn't want to over do it with flowers. David helped us find the right balance and color pallette and the room looked amazing. We received so many compliments after the fact especially on the flowers and we have David to thank! We would highly recommend Renaissance Floral for anyone looking amazing floral arrangements on their wedding day!

Sent on 06/23/2012

Gloria · Married on 04/14/2012

Where to begin. I guess it can be with the first meeting I had with the owner David Michael Schmidt. After just a few minutes of talking with him I realized that I was in the presence of an expert who had the experience to make my wedding dreams come ture. I discussed my vision and like reading my mind he made suggestions which I had been thinking about for a while. He isn't a florist he is a visionary. What I had initally thought would be one of the most dreadful parts of wedding planning turned into one of the best wedding meetings ever. I left there with a new nickname for David. I like to call him THE WEDDING GOD! It was finally my wedding day and wasn't just excited about marrying the man of my dreams but also about having the wedding of my dreams. We we arrived at the hall I was so pleased to see David. Luckily he was there because when my photographer suggested I sit on some steps with my beautiful Vera Wang I simply had to refuse unless I had something to sit on. David didn't hestiate and removed his shirt so I could sit on it... Now that is what I call amazing service. lol As we continued taking pictures outside the hall my restlessness grew. I wanted to see the room. I was already in love with my beautiful flowers and my bridesmaids flowers so I was dying to see his amazing work. Finally it was time. I grab my husband's hand and we entered the room. It was then that I knew. My dream wedding had come true. The room was breath taking. The beautiful crystal centerpieces, flowers, linens, crystal chargers, dance floor, drapes and our sweetheart table... ohhhh it was all so amazing!! I can seriously type forever on how happy I was with David's amazing work but instead I want you to see it yourself. See this short video of the amazing details from our wedding created by our videographer Al Woodard http://vimeo.com/40748449 Want to see more check out our event on Renaissance website: www.renaissancefloraldesign.com/events/gloria-louis/

Sent on 05/03/2012

Gloria · Married on 04/14/2012

I think I have reciewed Renaissance before but planning my wedding with David Michael Schmidt was beyond amazing so I find it important to do it again. He makes me wish I could get married again so I can call him to talk about my wedding or simply anything. I look forward to kids and showers so I can contact him and his amazing staff again. Their work is beyond amazing. My wedding was amazing and hugely due to our amazing decor. He is NOT a florist but a visonary. Love the wedding god!

Nora · Married on 10/22/2011

As parents of the bride, we couldn't have been more pleased with the work of David Michael Schmidt and Renaissance Florists. He captured my daughter's wishes in her bouquet, table centerpieces and ambient flowers to decorate the banquet hall. He stayed within our budget and took great pains to make her wedding day special and unique. We recommend him highly.

Sent on 11/02/2011