Renaissance Floral Design Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Aileen
    Aileen Getting married on 08/13/2022

Highly Recommend!

I hired Renaissance Floral Design for our wedding in the Adirondacks and I couldn’t have been happier with that decision. I know nothing about flowers and had a hard time verbalizing my vision for the day but David absolutely nailed it! Every detail was perfect and so many people commented on how beautiful the flowers and table designs were. David and his team knew our venue inside and out and they created a beautiful design that perfectly complemented our entire event. We highly recommend!
  • Sarah
    Sarah G. Married on 10/16/2021

Stunning Work!

I absolutely loved working with David & Troy. Despite being out-of-state, the planning process was very easy. They were willing to work within a budget – unlike some of the other vendors I had spoken with. The arrangements were absolutely gorgeous, and it was incredible to see the vision come to life so effortlessly!
  • Michaela
    Michaela S. Married on 10/15/2021

The BEST wedding florals I could have ever imagined!

Wow.. I am still in awe at how beautiful the RFD team made my wedding venue look! Absolutely spectacular artistry and professionalism from each and every team member. They were so easy to work with, accommodating, and worked with us to get our dream wedding within our budget. Cannot recommend enough! Thank you Renaissance Floral Design!
    Catherine D. Married on 10/14/2021

Gorgeous Displays

We hired RFD for an intimate wedding in Lake George after they were recommended by our wedding venue. David and his team are incredibly talented, easy to work with, and highly professional. David worked with our budget and created exactly what we wanted based on a few conversations and some Pinterest board inspiration. We ended up transporting all of our arrangements to the venue ourselves and the venue helped with setup, which saved us on overall cost. It ended up working out really well and we were blown away by how beautifully everything came together. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!
    Arielle Married on 06/26/2021

Our vision came to life!

DMS and team made our vision come to life, it was amazing. From the flowers, to the lighting, high top tables, dance floor and stage, everything was flawless. He was so accommodating even letting us make changes up until the last few days. RFD is great to work with and David's expertise is so helpful when making decisions, especially since we had never planned a wedding before. He truly is an event visionary extraordinaire! We can't wait to work with him again for future events!

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you!!!!! I'm so happy you and your family were thrilled with everything! Wow you wedding was gorgeous! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of it. We would LOVE to work with you again for any occasion!
    Congrats again! David and the RFD Team
  • Tina
    Tina S. Married on 05/14/2021

All Talent and Beauty

We contacted RFD 3 weeks before our 130 person wedding. David was extremely accommodating with both our timeline and our budget. He was funny, personable, and unbelievably talented. I wasn't expecting the amount of beauty and talent that was delivered for our wedding. I burst into tears when I saw my bridal bouquet--it was everything I had hoped for and more. The bouquet, centerpieces, and sweetheart piece were impeccably crafted and EXCEEDED my expectations. Thank you David and team for adding all of your beauty to our wedding!!

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you Tina! OMG you guys were so nice to work with and I am so glad we could be a part of your day. Thank you so much for the review and congratulations again!
  • Michelle
    Michelle G. Married on 10/10/2020

Artistic geniuses! Highly Recommend!

David and team at RFD are artistic geniuses! We worked with them for our intimate backyard wedding in Oct 2020. We knew we wanted the florals and chuppah to make the space feel magical. We showed David high-level ideas and inspiration photos and what he and his team did with the space was incredible. The bouquet – gorgeous! The driftwood chuppah – beyond our wildest dreams! The table arrangements – we were blown away by the beauty and elegance and how the space was transformed. Even the rose petals for the aisle and the small arrangements placed in our memory corner and on other tables transformed and tied together the space. We are so happy with RFD for helping us create lifetime memories!

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you Michelle! Congratulations to you and Andrew. We were so happy to be a part of your intimate celebration. Thank you for the kind words. We loved meeting with you and preparing the decor for the big day!
  • Rachael
    Rachael A. Married on 08/14/2020

Beyond Beautiful

RFD made our vision come to life with their beautiful floral arrangements. We went with a blue dress/suit theme paired with bold pink/orange/raspberry flowers and the contrast was gorgeous. The arrangements were better than I ever expected. They delivered our flowers nice and early to set up and deliver the personal bouquets. I 100% recommend David and his team. Thank you so much RFD!!

(Photography by Kortni Maria, LLC)

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you Rachael! Oh how we loved preparing your flowers! Congratulations and thank you for being so sweet and for being an RFD Bride!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle Married on 02/08/2020

Flowers of my dreams!

Rennisance floral design took my vision and made it a reality. Jess and Tammy are visionarys!!! I had this dream and they brought it to life. I wanted a huge organic bouquet with lots of greens and pops of blue and burgandy and I hate Roses! they put so many unique flowers I had never seen before it was so different and exciting ! I gave them a challenege and they were up for it! They also made beautiful absolutley breath taking hoop bouquets for my bridesmaids! I swear I said I wanted a pinterest wedding and it was a pinterest wedding!!! The Swag they made for the arbor captured the essence of my bouquet and tied everything together. Everyone was so pleasant to work with and understood everything I was asking for and delivered it 10 fold!
    They also delivered the flowers the day of and set up the Swag so I had nothing to worry about! No stress and the flowers made the wedding decor! Would definitely recommend to anyone in the capital region! But they do travel too!!!! So I recomend to everyone!!!!

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you Gabrielle! The blue flowers were a little tricky to figure out how to give you a truly unique wedding design but once we did a little digging we found some amazing things! Thank you so much for the review. If we could we would give you a 5star Bride review too!! Congrats!
    Alex Married on 11/23/2019

Truly Amazing!

Working with David, the owner of RFD was a game changer. He exceeded every expectation possible and provided the most beautiful, picture perfect arrangements and rentals for our wedding.

Right from the start, David made coordination and communication easy. He was extensive and thorough in his overview of what we might want or need, and made it easy to begin to visualize and articulate what we were going for. He was able to take our ideas and bring them to life in the most beautiful way. I truly believe that no matter what we had requested, David would have found a way to make it happen.

For us, RFD was more than just flowers, but an entire event planning team. We were able to order/coordinate everything from arrangements, lighting/candles, table cloths, glassware and chairs through RFD and it made all the difference. David was always organized, creative and thoughtful, and went above and beyond to make sure anything and everything we pictured for our big day was available and ready to go.

The ceremony flowers were unbelievable, with the most stunning arbor and arrangements that exceeded any idea of what we could have imagined. The reception was just as jaw-dropping, as the room had been transformed into a fairytale, thanks to David and his team. Every little detail was covered, and it truly felt like a dream come true.

Without having used any other vendor, I can confidently say you will not get a better experience than with RFD. David made our wedding more beautiful than we could have ever imagined, and was an absolute pleasure to work with. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime experience, look no further than RFD.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 10/13/2019

Beautiful arrangements

Wonderful vendor to work with! Very professional during our first meeting. Understood my vision and used my Pinterest board for reference. The bouquets, boutonnières, and centerpieces were gorgeous! They even made a floral collar for my dog to match!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 09/14/2019

Exactly what I wanted and then some

I wanted to design my own floral arrangements for my mom-traditional wedding reception, but quickly realized it would be more expensive than going with these pros. Troy was super quick to respond to my short notice request for service and assured me that he could design arrangements that would suit our needs. I brought in all of the vases and flower boxes that I had purchased and met with the designer for a consultation. She understood my aesthetic, gave me an accurate (and incredibly reasonable) quote, and I left the rest in their hands! RFD delivered the flowers exactly as promised, and the arrangements exceeded all of my expectations beyond words. Each was unique but cohesive and perfectly captured the look I was going for. The flowers turned my reception from a normal tent space into an elegant and whimsical dream. I ended up getting so many compliments that I sent them home as gifts so my guests could enjoy them for days to come. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend RFD for any event and any bridal style.
  • Eric
    Eric R. Married on 09/01/2019

Stunning flowers, amazing staff

David and Troy at Renaissance Floral were incredible to work with. They were both attentive to our vague requests for flower designs (we are not very educated when it comes to flower variants or styles), were prompt with emailing and phone calls, were professional, and finally, they really brought our vision to life. They worked with us to go through a Pinterest board in which we had picked out specific flower styles that we liked, and were able to emulate them in their flower arrangements. The results were beautiful and had people commenting all day. My wife's hairstylist, upon affixing her flower crown, commented that it was the prettiest one she had ever seen. Furthermore, David was attentive to our budget requests, and ensured that we were well within our means. We are so happy that we went with them, and would do it again. Do not pass them up, you will not regret it!
  • Bridget
    Bridget C. Married on 07/20/2019

Beyond breathtaking flowers, incredible experience!!

I am SO happy that my wedding planner recommended Renaissance Floral Design for our wedding. Choosing the right florist is a huge decision, but from my first call with David Michael Schmidt, the incredible owner, I knew that RFD would be the right choice. I wanted a "non-traditional" color scheme for my wedding - black tablecloths with bright colors - and David got my vision immediately. Not only did he understand it, but he completely elevated it and took it to the next level. His entire team was professional and accommodating, and a pleasure to work with. I'll never forget the moment I first saw the stunning flower display that we got married under - it was just perfect in every way. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the flowers were, and my husband and I agreed that it was one of our favorite parts of the entire day. I could not recommend RFD more!!!
  • Ashley
    Ashley F. Married on 07/06/2019

Best florist!!! Hire them!!!

HIRE RENAISSANCE!!! David and his team are PRO's -- professional, modern, innovative, tasteful, the list goes on. David actually takes the time to go through your Pinterest board with you and make your vision come true. I had no knowledge about flowers but I didn't need to. David helps you create exactly what you want within your price range. He's also really funny and easy to talk to on the phone! We wouldn't have wanted anyone else to do our floral arrangements on our special day. Thank you, Renaissance!!!

Renaissance Floral Design's reply:

Thank you Ashley! Congratulations to you and Oliver again! It was a beautiful day and we were all so happy to be a part of it. , David
  • Elena
    Elena M. Married on 06/01/2019

Better then I could have dreamed!

Renaissance Floral Design was an amazing company to deal with! My florals came on spectacular. They took my vision and truly brought it to life. I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone!! Thank you for making my dreams come true!
    Julie Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful Flowers

We loved all the flowers. We gave an idea and they ran with it. Such a beautiful set of flowers. My wife and I loved our boutique of flowers. The flower girls head peice was beautiful. Center pieces were just what we wanted! Dave and his people did a wonderful job!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa G. Married on 05/18/2019

Beautiful flowers!! Thank you!!

We originally had a different florist... but we were not impressed with their communication. We found Renaissance Floral Design and decided to switch just three months before our wedding day, and it is one of the best decisions we made!!! Confidence in your vendors is absolutely priceless, and after the first phone conversation with David, I knew we were in great hands. Everything was absolutely beautiful. The designers even looked at my Pinterest page and called me to chat about my vision. I would absolutely recommend RFD!!!
    Mrs. L. Married on 05/04/2019

Beyond Stunning in every way

David Michael Schmidt is a consummate professional who knows exactly what he is doing and does so with kindness and artistry. From the fabulous draping that framed our head table to every floral arrangement on every table - cocktail tables, head tables, guest tables, accent greenery - we were in awe. We could not have been more pleased with how exquisitely all his vision and our added little touches came together to create our perfect in every way day. He's the best! AAA+++ Highly recommend!
    Lauren T. Married on 03/02/2019

Excellent all around

David and his team put together exactly what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. We had a very small wedding and needed pieces that could work for both our ceremony and reception - David worked within our budget to create beautiful, lush centerpieces that worked for both venues. I highly recommend giving him your color scheme and general guidelines and letting his team surprise you with what they can do - we were blown away by how beautiful and unique all of our pieces were.
    Erin Married on 07/14/2018
    So happy I hired Renaissance for our wedding day! David understood my vision immediately and delivered exactly what I had pictured in my mind. They were so easy to work with and I loved everything they did for us.
    Jeffrey Married on 06/09/2018
    Working with David and his team was a great experience! The flowers/overall design were so beautiful and really made the whole wedding come together! David also made all of the planning in the lead up easy and as stress-free as possible.
    Bridget Married on 05/19/2018
    From my very first meeting with David, I felt like he understood me. I had some trouble describing what i wanted and he literally finished my sentence. David has a lot of experience and was extremely professional. He worked within my budget to make my venue look completely gorgeous. The bouquets, boutonnières and centerpieces were beautiful and exactly what I wanted. I can't recommend David enough, he was a pleasure to work with and his work is absolutely gorgeous.
    Tricia Married on 03/03/2018
    Worth EVERY penny!!! David is absolutely amazing. He was able to see our vision within minutes of meeting with him. We love how he used our wedding Pinterest board to help make our dream wedding a reality! Highly recommend.
  • shaylyn
    Shaylyn Married on 01/20/2018
    David and the Renaissance Floral team were amazing to work with! They answered all our questions every step of the way and being long distance did not hinder our ability to communicate our design. My flowers were breathtakingly beautiful! I loved all the details that went into my reception flowers especially the winter wonderland snow effect. My bridal party bouquets were also gorgeous and everything I hoped for. I highly recommend this vendor!!