Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Hannah S. Married on 12/18/2021

Incredible Experience - Dec 2021

We had an absolutely incredible experience working with Amy Norton to plan our wedding at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel. We had originally planned our wedding for April 2021 but due to the pandemic, chose to push our date back to December 2021. Amy was helpful every step of the way - hopping on innumerable calls with us and keeping us up to date on all of the ever changing regulations around large gatherings. We ended up (finally!) having the wedding of our dreams two weeks ago. We planned 5 different events with Amy over the course of our wedding weekend and each one went off flawlessly. The week of our wedding saw a large covid surge that had us on the phone with Amy up until the night before our wedding making last minute changes to our guest list, wedding party and seating chart. Through it all Amy was calm, professional and so supportive. In addition to the pleasure of working with Amy - the Renaissance is just an all around great venue. They have so many incredible spaces to offer from their cozy lobby area we used for cocktail hour, their gorgeous ballrooms and even a club lounge we were able to use for getting our 14 person wedding party ready complete with 6 hair and make-up artists. We loved that guests who wanted to were able to stay over throughout the weekend without any added transportation needed. Overall, we had an incredible experience planning our wedding at the Renaissance and would highly recommend it!
    Michelle Married on 08/10/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our wedding was the time of our lives that our friends and family continue to talk about!!!! The food was to die for, the room was spectacular, and Chrissie Sue was nothing short of a miracle worker. From start to finish she held our hands throughout the whole wedding process to make our dreams come to life! We were the first wedding in the newly renovated Revolution Ballroom and it is truly breathtaking. Every single detail of our wedding was flawless. Our guests told us how much they appreciated the flow of the wedding. From start to finish, everything was perfect. There was never any lag time to sit around and wait for the next thing to happen! Our ceremony flowed right into cocktail hour and kicked off right into our reception which flowed seamlessly everyone knowing exactly where to go and what to do! The food the food the food!!! The chef is AMAZING!!! I can't wait to go back for dinner just to eat the food again!!! The waitstaff and bartenders are so friendly and happy! We have not one complaint about our wedding! It was truly the time of our lives! Chrissie Sue and her team put on a remarkable event that we will remember for the rest of our lives!!!
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
    Heather Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We cannot say enough about the service and experience at the Renaissance at Patriot Place for our wedding reception on August 4, 2018! From the first meeting, to the day of the event, Chrissie Sue exceeded our expectations! With detailed checklists and organized meetings, Chrissie Sue helped to make the planning process manageable, efficient, and enjoyable. When looking for the venue for our wedding reception, we could tell from our first meeting that we would be in great hands at the Renaissance. After touring approximately 10 venues, it was clear that Chrissie Sue’s experience, knowledge, and excitement for event planning was above and beyond, and the Renaissance would be the best choice for our wedding reception. Chrissie Sue’s expertise in event planning led to a smooth and fun wedding reception that we are so grateful for! On the day of our reception, we received so many compliments from our guests about the service, the food, and all of the details of the event space. In addition, the service staff at the Renaissance, led by Kristin, was amazing! Our guests raved about the food and personalized service provided throughout the reception. The physical space in the Patriot Ballroom was perfect for our guest count of 140, and the dance floor was great! We would 100% recommend the Renaissance at Patriot Place for your wedding reception! Thank you!
    Brianna Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I had an unforgettable wedding at the Renaissance Boston Patriots Place Hotel thanks to Chrissie Sue and Krista!! I can't thank them enough for making our day so incredible. Krista went above and beyond..taking the time to make sure that every little detail was perfect! She was extremely hospitable and made us feel like we were family! From the food tasting to the moment I walked down the aisle she made sure everything was perfect. We are so happy that we chose the Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel and would highly recommend future brides ( who are also Pats fans!) to have your wedding here...Thank you Chrissie Sue & Krista..love you guys!!!!!!
    Melanie Married on 05/20/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    There aren't enough positive words to describe our experience with the Renaissance at Patriot Place! From our first contact to the sales team, we were already impressed. When we had our tour and consultation, we immediately knew the Renaissance was going to be our venue. Not only did we love how fun and unique the hotel was, but we were blown away by the amazing staff. Chrissie Sue is nothing short of fantastic, and she made the entire planning process so simple and easy. About half way through our planning, we learned that Chrissie Sue would not be available for our wedding day, and we were transferred to another coordinator. Upon meeting Krista, we instantly knew we were in good hands. Like Chrissie Sue, Krista listened to our vision, gave us great suggestions, and made everything come to life. She was with us on the day of our wedding, and she made sure it was perfect. Even though Chrissie Sue couldn't be there on our wedding day, she took time out of her busy life to call my room just to chat and say congrats. Once again, I was blown away by her kindness and thoughtfulness. These traits were evident in the entire staff, including the head chef (forgive me for forgetting his name!). He met with us at our tasting and customized our menu to fit our tastes and personalities (pierogies hors d'oeuvres for two Polish families?! It was a hit!). Our guests are still raving about how good the food was! Thank you, Chrissie Sue, Krista, and the Renaissance for a wonderful experience and a perfect wedding day!
    Carol Married on 05/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    So glad we found this gem! The best food and service by far, and so professional! Very impressive! Krista went above and beyond, worked tirelessly to help us create a wedding more beautiful than we could have imagined! Our wedding was small, only a little over 50 people, as it was a second wedding for both of us. I was delighted that The Renaissance was willing to host such a small wedding, as other venues require over 100 guests. This meant that we would not be relegated to some restaurant's little banquet dining room, but could host our wedding in a ball room, instead! Krista did an amazing job at planning, so that our wedding was both beautiful, and intimate. She designed the layout so that it looked and felt elegant and the space did not make our small wedding of 53 guests feel lost in a large ballroom. In fact, everything was so impressive, that our guests raved about our wedding, literally for months after! Our cell phones were blowing up with texts from our guests, saying it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and they'd been to lots of weddings, as the average age of our guests was around 60. That is saying a lot!!! They all said the food was amazing, and the tables were absolutely beautiful, and vibe was elegant and so warm and intimate, which was exactly what we were trying to attain. Krista nailed it! Very classy! Our flowers were by Designing Images, one of the vendors approved by Renaissance, and the owner, Carole, did an amazing job! She listened carefully to my vision, and made it even better by adding a few touches. I was beyond thrilled when I saw the finished bouquets and centerpieces! These two women, Krista and Carol, are so creative and dedicated to their craft, you can't go wrong with them on your team! Thank you for helping us create the wedding of our dreams!
    Carol & Tom F.
    Alicia Married on 04/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were married on November 25, 2016 - only a short 7 months after he had proposed. Needless to say, once we picked our date, decisions needed to be made fast. I was lucky enough to work with Chrissie Sue Chubka. She made the whole wedding planning process seamless. At no point did I feel like deadlines wouldn't be met or that I had less options because of the short timeframe. Everything from the teamwork, food & ballroom to the hotel itself was perfect.
    Chrissie Sue - I don't know how she does it but she is phenomenal at what she does. Her fun, energetic personality never dims and she really invests herself into your event. She put an extra special touch to everything. She was also aware of our budget and respected it to the very end. Her whole team felt like they were part of the family. She made my husband and I feel like royalty. I couldn't imagine working with anyone else.
    Food - Oh my goodness, the food. AMAZING. We had the filet and roasted chicken for our guests - EVERYONE raved about it. Our passed d’oeuvres were on point and I wish we could have them every week! And visually they looked like artwork!
    Ballroom - We had our ceremony in the Patriot Ballroom. It was a perfect spot. The room gave us the soft, intimate feel as we said I do. The reception was in the Revolution Ballroom. When we were announced by the DJ and saw the room for the first time, I was blown away. The whole room was stunning and by far exceeded what I was expecting. No matter how many conversations I had with Chrissie Sue or the endless questions/comments, I still never expected in my wildest dreams that my wedding would be as perfect as it was.

Thank you Chrissie Sue & everyone at The Renaissance - you are all amazing and wish you all a happy new year!

With love, The Fagans
    Nina Married on 12/31/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I got married on NYE at the Renaissance Hotel. Everything was perfect. The decor of the hotel in itself is beautiful and the staff are friendly and helpful. Chrissy Sue did an amazing job with booking the venue for our big day and answered all of my questions. Krista, our event coordinator, stayed in touch throughout the entire process and always answered any questions I had (even if they were ridiculous). She understood my vision for the wedding and helped me pick linens/decor that matched my theme. If there was anything wrong or awry behind the scenes, she made sure I never knew about it. The food is DELICIOUS. My guests have been complimenting the food and I've even heard from some that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. Everything was convenient in terms of the hotel providing lists of vendors to reach out to that they partner with- there was no guess work or searching and costs were always disclosed up front when working within the package you choose with the hotel. I cannot thank Krista and the Renaissance enough for making my wedding day everything I ever wanted. I wouldn't change a thing!
    Marissa Married on 11/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We were blown away with the final product of the last 15 months of wedding planning at this venue. Krista is AMAZING! She was very responsive with emails and phone calls, she ensured us she would take care of any and all requests- which she did and she transformed out thoughts and visions perfectly! It was a night we will never forget. The hotel blocked rooms for our guests, were very accommodating to everyone and treated us like royalty. The beds are crazy comfortable! The food was awesome! We have not heard 1 bad thing about the food. The options were great and the final product was very tasty. The packages they offer will suite your every need and are a great deal for what is out there for wedding costs these days. We also held a rehearsal brunch and a post-wedding breakfast at the hotel and these were equally as good from a space, decoration, options, food and flawless execution standpoint. This was the 1st place we looked at for a venue and from day 1, we knew there was no other place that would measure up to this one. We cant say enough about the front desk staff, the wait staff, bartenders...everyone involved. And most of all Krista- you want her to be your event coordinator! We can promise you that! We will be back to this venue for future event needs.
    Brigitte Married on 12/11/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This is hands down the best place to host a wedding! Everyone is so nice and energetic it's so refreshing! They had at least 10 events the week of our wedding if not more and even 3 in one day but they never let you think that! They made you feel as if the whole day was your day! Chrissie Sue is so involved from being helpful to just being excited for you! She really sells the place well! She told me to make sure I had a lot of safety pins for my bustle will most likely break and not even 5 mins after I bustled my dress someone stepped on it. She fixed me 3 times and smiled every time she did it! The next morning we had breakfast at the restaurant and Vic quickly threw tables together for us and made sure we got water asap. He was super sweet to us along with the rest of the waitstaff. They made us feel special all weekend! I literally had almost no stress at this hotel. The night manager was a little bit of an issue but I'll take it for everything else was beyond perfect! You won't be disappointed!
  • Z
    Zaida Married on 11/28/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I absolutely loved working with Malia, the Event Coordinator at the Renaissance!! My wedding party and several wedding guests stayed at the hotel and it was a wonderful experience. The staff was very accommodating and professional and they even went out of their way to make sure our flowers were kept in a cool place overnight! We also took our formal pictures there and so far they are studding. They made our lives much easier and just helped make our Wedding Day that much more special. A huge thank you to Malia and her team!!
    Caitlin Married on 10/03/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot overstate how wonderful our experience was at the Renaissance. Our reception package included the ballroom, lighting, catering, the cake, table centerpieces, and a block of hotel rooms. Every service representative we encountered went above and beyond to make our reception unforgettable. Not only does the Renaissance offer all the components we could need and want, it was all coordinated for us by Chrissy Sue Chubka. Having Chrissie Sue as a resource was probably the most important reason why I recommend the Renaissance- she kept the planning process on track and was extremely helpful and responsive at every turn (really, she kept us sane during the busiest and most stressful time).
    Kim Married on 07/11/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hotel staff were so kind , friendly, and fun to work with. Everyone seemed so excited to get the ceremony put together and reception/party started. Marissa and Crissie Sue were great to work with and were so on top of things. They helped us throughout the planning process making sure we covered everything needed. We had so much fun and know our friends even went back a month later for dinner and found one of the waiters from the night who could remember every detail! The staff went above and beyond and the patio and ballroom were perfect!
    Meghan Married on 04/19/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the moment we walked into the Renaissance Hotel at Patriot Place to begin planning our wedding ceremony and reception to the moment we walked out the door the day after our wedding Chrissie Sue and Malia were absolutely fabulous and so accommodating! Malia was our event manager and go-to person at the hotel and she helped to plan every single little detail(even the details we didn't even know existed!) so that the day of the wedding we literally just had to show up. The huge weight that was lifted off our shoulders knowing that Malia and the hotel staff had everything under control and coordinated was probably the best behind-the-scenes part of the day. Just knowing we didn't have to keep track of time or ensure something was getting done meant we could fully enjoy our day. Malia was so very helpful to keep us on track with the planning of ceremony and reception details in the months leading up to our wedding. She made herself very available through email and phone to discuss details and to meet to plan the bigger components of the day. We are so thankful for everything and an absolutely gorgeous day of our dreams!
    Christina Married on 12/31/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Hands down, no complaints, best venue ever! For our New Years Eve wedding, we were looking for venues in Boston. We love the Patriots, though, and decided to extend our search to The Renaissance. Chrissie Sue sold me on the first conversation. She explained all of the offerings the venue included (cake, centerpieces), and such reasonable prices (especially compared to Boston venues). When we finally went to check out the venue, Chrissie Sue took my mom and me to dinner so that we could try the food. She was amazing and we knew we would have our wedding there! Throughout the whole process, she and Malia (event planning) were absolutely amazing. They kept us on track with everything, down to choosing our signature drinks. They even worked with my husband as he planned a surprise groomsmen dance that I had no idea about! They were organized, fair, enthusiastic, and a pleasure to work with throughout the process. They even helped with planning of our ceremony even though it was offsite. When it came time for the wedding, they pulled out all the stops to make the day perfect! They helped our family check in early, the bridesmaids have rooms near each other for getting ready, and the guys practice their dance. The staff even had champagne and strawberries sent up to our room the morning of the big day! They seemed ever-present at the reception to help out with anything, and tell us when to do things like cut the cake (and how!). Yet they never appeared in a picture, or seemed in the middle of things. The entire staff at The Renaissance was unbelievable! They put our food in the heating area while we visited tables, and packaged up the cake we forgot to eat while we were dancing! They did a great job handing out our favors at the desired time (NYE decor at 11 PM), and came around with flutes of champagne just before midnight. At the end of the night, when our family and friends lingered well past the end-time, they were patient and sweet to us!
    Alikki Married on 07/27/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This place was amazing for our wedding. We were one of the couples affected by the Lakeview Pavilion fire, and when we met with Chrissie Sue, she mad our whole life easier. When the fire happened, we were 3 months before our wedding, and I had everything done. Chrissie Sue helped us and was there for us so much-always available to answer questions day and night. We thought we couldn't be able to afford this facility, but it really is a great value and affordable-and such a classy, elegant venue. Everyone o our guests loved the space, and everyone had an amazing time. I really cannot go on enough though, about Chrissie Sue. I found out the month of our wedding, that we was actually getting married the week before us, and she never let on anything about it, instead, made every single meeting about us, and what we wanted. They were extra sensitive and extra helpful considering the fire at our already booked venue. I highly recommend having your wedding here. Every single detail I envision and planned they made come to life. Since Chrissie Sue was on her honeymoon when I got married, we worked closely with Malia who is another gem. I am a very difficult and demanding person to work with, and they really stepped up and came through. There is not one thing that I would change or that went wrong. 100% recommend and would give 100 stars if I could.
  • User1691299 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We originally booked our reception at Lakeview Pavillion for our wedding a year and a half out. After Lakeview's fire we had 2 months to find a new venue and plan a whole new reception. We worked w. Chrissie Sue and the experience working with her so great! Not only did she have her original weddings to plan but she also picked up a lot of Lakeview weddings and on top of that was planning her own wedding! The attention and quick communication we always got back from her was amazing that you would have never known how busy she was. We had numerous calls, emails and meetings in those 2 mos and everything went so smoothly. Our wedding day came and The Renaissance and all of their staff were wonderful. The atmosphere, decor, food, etc was great. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and I am so happy at how our reception came out and that we ended up having it at The Renaissance. We continue to hear from guests what a great time they had!
    Tracey Married on 04/12/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    From the moment that my fiancé and I walked into the lobby and met Chrissie Sue LaMotte, I knew that we had to have my wedding here. Chrissie Sue was an absolute pleasure and professional to work with from start to finish. I didn't worry about a single thing during the entire planning period....she had it all covered and then some. I would be more than happy to talk to anyone considering having their wedding here with Chrissie Sue. You will absolutely not be disappointed with her or the venue!!!
  • STBMrsRossi
    Loralyn Married on 11/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Renaissance and The Hilton Garden Inn are both at Patriot Place in Foxboro and are both amazing! The packages are unbelievable and affordable! They have planners that help you every step of the way, the listen to what you want! They have ballrooms just the right size for your event regardless of how big or small it may be!
    Allison Married on 09/08/2017
    4.3 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating
      3.5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We loved our venue! What really stood out for us was the bold look of the Renaissance, the epic location (right in Patriot Place and walking distance from all kinds of convenience and entertainment for ourselves and out of town guests - bonus there's a beautiful cranberry bog down the street for more 'rustic' picture taking opportunities), great rooms, and the amazing food won all of our guests over!

If we had to search for something to critique I guess it would be a bit of communication lag - emails started to lag a bit towards the end of our planning process, some notes we'd gone over at the last meeting seemed forgotten and one of the employees told a few of our guests the wrong start time for the ceremony.. but we really can't complain because everything we wanted WE GOT and every detail went off without a hitch! The food was incredible (good portions too!) and the service spectacular!

This venue absolutely delivered us a beautiful event! The timing of the day was flawless in that we didn't feel rushed nor sluggish, and they accommodated all of the tiny details and modifications that made our event completely come together (everything set up timely and as specified). One of the highlights of our amazing reception was the service - not only were they on top of any allergies for our guests, but the individual server for my husband and I was outstanding! We'd missed out on some of those scrumptious appetizers we'd picked out, so during the reception our server asked the chef to make us a few of the meatballs and they delivered a little bowl of them - how cool is that?! I'll never forget my husband's delighted smile walking around greeting guests holding his bowl of meatballs and how he ate his entire dinner (they timed it perfectly and gave us enough time in the schedule to eat!!) It sounds insignificant but what a small gesture to make our night! Every single employee within arms distance of us would genuinely smile and congratulate us - stand out service!
    Jaclyn Married on 05/05/2018
    2.8 out of 5 rating
      2.5 out of 5 rating
    We did not have our reception here but did use this location for a hotel block for our guests. The hotel staff neglected to give our welcome bags to some of our guests upon arrival. The bar in the hotel lobby closed very early, 10:00 pm, despite being full of our guests and liquor laws not necessitating such an early closure. Despite letting the hotel know we would be checking in early, our room was not ready despite the groomsmen's identical rooms being prepared for arrival. Finally, I left a pair of sneakers there and was initially told they were not found only to get an e-mail a few days later saying they had been found (the note in the box with the sneakers indicated they had been found before my original call). That being said, the rooms were clean and the lobby is beautifully appointed. The manager also sent me a prompt apology e-mail for what it's worth.
    Sarah Married on 04/15/2018
    1.9 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      1.5 out of 5 rating
    The good:

-The venue was a solid value and provided a lot compared to other venues in the area at a similar price point

-The room was set up appropriately and had plenty of space for our guests to move around

-Everyone had a pretty good time

-For the most part Chrissie Sue was fabulous

The bad:

-The contract I was originally given was unenforceable in the state of MA. I sent it back to be revised.

-There was a staff reorg mid planning which threw everyone for a loop

-The communication with the venue was spotty at best. No one seemed to know what was going on at any given time, we got infrequent contact from the venue, which really stressed my mother out.

The ugly:

-The vegetarian stuffed pepper entree was not the same one we were shown in the tasting. It was much less desirable an entree, which pissed off just about everyone who ordered it.

-The front desk screwed up my mother's room reservation and called her out mid-reception to straighten it out, rather than waiting. They knew she was at a wedding. As a result, she missed the cake cutting. She was livid. I don't blame her. It couldn't have waited?

-The venue put my custom, very expensive cake topper I commissioned from a treasured family member in the freezer instead of the box it came in, which caused it to disintegrate. It now has to be repaired.

On the whole, as good as Chrissie Sue is at her job and as much as I had a good time, I cannot in good conscience recommend a venue that performs this kind of staff shakeup in the middle of my planning, nor can I recommend a venue that breaks sentimental items on me. For that reason I've knocked this review down SEVERAL stars and would not send friends or family here.

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel's reply:

Sarah, I am tremendously surprised and disappointed by your review. I’m sorry that there was a change of hands during your planning process. However, since I became your Event Manager in January, we were in weekly communication for the past four months. Also, you indicated that at any given time, the hotel was not aware of what was going on, which is just not accurate. There are documents I personally put in place with timelines for you as well as each of Hotel’s weddings that detail, seating charts, order of events, vendor relations, just to name a few. Events are reviewed weekly with all members of my team.

I certainly apologize if there was a change in the vegetarian entree and for the Hotels reservations team contacting your mother pertaining her overnight reservation when they had. They just wanted to be proactive in verifying if she had plannned on extending her stay for another evening. Initially she hadn’t booked her reservation that way. They only wanted to accommodate her if that was her intention.

As for your custom made cake topper, instructions were not provided to me or my team regarding its storage. Therefore, it was carefully stored with the top tier of your cake in the refrigerator overnight until both were returned to you/yours the next morning upon check out.

Sarah, I certainly hope you are able to look beyond the few areas addressed above and recognize all of the positive aspects of your wedding. I truly care about each of my clients and only want a wonderful uniquely wedding experience for each of them.

Sincerely,

Chrissie Sue
    Brian C. Married on 05/11/2019
    1.6 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      3.0 out of 5 rating

Horible experience

The wedding looked nice but was rushed, thing that we where told that would happen didnt. Yes they where small. New chief changed items we where not notified. Yes there was other thing also. Then when on a phone call I asked to have a meeting and was told there time didnt allow it. The wedding planner dont go to ur wedding u get a banquet manager that u only talk to on phone days before wedding and meet at rehearsal. The picture they paint you may be what some got. It may be what u get if u decide to use them but it's not what I expected from what I was told. I would not and will not recommend them
illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message