Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa Reviews

10 | Birmingham, AL

10 Reviews for Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa

Kelly · Married on 07/28/2018

There's no place in Birmingham as grand and special as the Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa! Everyone there is first class and treats you, your family and your guests with kindness and respect, and lets you know that you matter to them! Our daughter's wedding and reception were there in late July 2018 with the ceremony in part of the ballroom and the reception in the larger part of the ballroom. Working with the team at the resort was such a pleasure! All members were so helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process and made sure that everything was perfect! The resort is beautifully maintained and picturesque! When you drive up to enter the grounds for the first time, it has the "wow factor" and looks like a castle! We live locally but stayed at the resort and felt like we all experienced a destination wedding! We really didn't have to leave the resort. The breakfast buffet is excellent with so many great choices! All of the restaurants have delicious food with a great variety, including gluten free options for the bride and groom! The pool bar has really good food too! It was so nice to hang out at the beautiful pool area and have lunch brought to us! Our food at the wedding reception was superbly delicious and we received so many compliments from our wedding guests! The room accommodations at the resort are very nice and the wedding couple received a complimentary room for their wedding night! They also stayed the next several days at the resort for a mini-honeymoon which included some treatments at the really nice spa! Everything about the resort is high quality! Our daughter truly had a "princess" wedding which turned out even better than we imagined!!! Often times, it's the people and the relationships that make the biggest impact! So, with such a beautiful place, we are so happy that our total experience was exceptional and excellent with credit to our wonderful wedding team and the other great employees at the resort!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Lauren · Married on 12/20/2015

My husband and I got married at Ross Bridge Dec. 20th, 2015. We were absolutely amazed with the staff and service at Ross Bridge! I worked with Leta (the Catering Sales Manager) for the months leading up to the wedding. She was so helpful through out the process and was always on top of everything we needed. I felt like I had a family member planning my wedding, she took such great care of us! My entire guest list raved about the resort all weekend. We were able to have our rehearsal, rehearsal party, wedding, and reception all at the resort, this was great for our guests because everyone was from out of town. Over all we just couldn't be happier with the resort and staff. It was a perfect weekend!

Sent on 12/22/2015

Jeanette · Married on 12/19/2015

I highly recommend Ross Bridge for a wedding and reception venue. They made my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 01/15/2016
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 05/09/2015

I stayed at the Renaissance at Ross Bridge the night before my wedding and my groom and I stayed for our wedding night. This place is magical! It is beautiful, but the service was beyond compare! Everyone was so nice and went out of their way to help. I would highly recommend this resort! My groom and I had dinner together at the Clubhouse after our wedding and it was just a dreamy night!

Sent on 05/22/2015
  • Cherylia

Cherylia · Married on 05/27/2012

overall we were very happy with the venue; being that we live in the community and find it to be a wonderful place to live and enjoy family life. We would like to thank Lauren for a Job well done.

Sent on 06/04/2012

Zoe · Married on 08/16/2008

The resort was a wonderful venue for our outside wedding. The accommodations are lovely with relaxing golf and spa entertainment for the guests. The Bagpiper on the greens each evening is a special touch. Our guests truly enjoyed their stay.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Vicki · Married on 10/13/2009

Ross Bridge is a lovely place for a wedding reception. The staff worked very hard to accomodate everyone and the food was delicious.

Sent on 02/13/2011
  • User3204251 · 2+ years ago

2.5

Beautiful and very accommodating to my needs; they allowed me to come in when needed. I wiill consider them for future business or personal functions.

Sent on 05/01/2013

Heather · Married on 10/04/2008

4.2
      3.5

The venue itself is just breath taking! The staff however seems so busy that it is very hard to get in touch with anyone when you have questions or problems. But in the end, My wedding was just perfect! Ross Bridge is such a beautiful site for an outdoor wedding, and it has a huge ballroom for the reception!

Sent on 01/06/2009

0.4
      0.5

As a Marriott Platinum member, I expected to be treated much differently when deciding to have our wedding at Ross Bridge. We had so many issues with this venue for our wedding that it's hard to list them all in this review, but here are a few highlights. They didn't get the bride checked in until after 4PM the night of our rehearsal dinner (although I had to be at the hotel at 11AM for a meeting with the staff) so I didn't have time to do my hair and makeup before rushing down to the rehearsal at 5PM as scheduled with the wedding coordinator. The wedding coordinator was MIA for most of the actual wedding day and didn't do things she said she would take care of. Ross Bridge sold off our rain backup location to another group so when it started pouring down rain during the ceremony, we had to get married in the hallway with everyone crowded around and we only had a tiny section of the ballroom to have our reception when a much larger area was agreed upon as part of our contract. Several of our guests couldn't sit at the table with their significant others because they used a different table set up due to the limited space. They also put my husband and I in a room with double beds for our wedding night when a suite was supposed to be included in the cost of the wedding. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Ross Bridge insisted that this was not the way they normally treated their clients, but it happened to us, so it could happen to you too. I would be very wary of having any events at this location.

Sent on 12/14/2015