Renaissance Ballrooms Reviews

4.2

• Daisy
    Kyara C. Married on 04/24/2021

Highly recommend

If you are looking for the PERFECT VENUE, look no further!!!! This past weekend was MAGICAL!!!
    Finding the "Perfect Venue" for every woman's MOST special day could be a very stressful task. But for us it was definitely a no brainer, I went to the place that 31 years ago made my PERFECT Wedding Day!!! I have done from my wedding, baby showers, first birthday parties, and now my daughter's wedding and every single time they delivered an AMAZING AND UNFORGETTABLE EVENT. From food, decor, flowers, photos, video, service, I promise they sure don't disappoint. Rose, Betty, Nancy, Carmen, and Tony my family is forever grateful for an AMAZING evening!
    To EVERYONE from the staff at Renaissance Ballrooms my most heartfelt thanks for making the vision of our daughter's wedding day a reality!!! Can't wait to see the video and professional photos. Looking forward to many more parties with you guys. Highly recommend them!!!!

Please Note: The images shared below are not professional images, they were taken by guests of our reception, but my daughter had her engagement shoot with Tony from Renaissance and the images were AMAZING!!!! 💕
  • Felicia
    Felicia D. Married on 11/28/2020

They were amazing

Everything came out perfect ! Everyone was so amazing and they made our dream wedding
  • Lakesha
    Lakesha R. Married on 05/03/2020

Very professional; worked with our budget; gave valuable advise

Excellent customer service!!! Loved the area and space for the ceremony and reception. Very affordable prices.
  • Merly
    Merly S. Married on 05/02/2020

Great venue and team!

Great venue and team. Had to re-schedule due to COVID and they worked with us. Event ended up being in 05/2021. They exceeded my expectations. Tony was an amazing photographer (pics came out beautiful 🤩) and helped me plan everything. His mom (I don’t remember her name now) was amazing too on the day prior and day of. My only regret was not getting their videographer Bc mine was poop lol! Flowers were beautiful, food was great, cake was yummy. I’d recommend the all inclusive package since it’s pretty stress free. Staff was friendly and accommodating.
  • Zoe
    Zoe R. Married on 01/11/2020

Amazing!

Every part of our wedding was handled, the price was phenomenal and worth every penny! Betty & Tony are the best!!!!
  • Yesenia
    Yesenia G. Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing!

We booked Renaissance Catering Company to cater our wedding at Thalatta Estates on a March 30th, 2019 & they went above & beyond for our wedding. The food was delicious, the service was outstanding. Rosy & her team know exactly what they’re doing when it comes to providing the best possible service to their bride & groom. Our guests still to this day call us to tell us how great the food was, thank you Renaissance & Rosy for our dream wedding!
    Carlos M. Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing experience!

Renaissance at the Gables and it’s owner, Rose, did an AMAZING job with our wedding. We had our wedding reception at another venue but hired the Renaissance for our flowers and decoration. The flower arrangements were STUNNING. The prices were also very reasonable, something very difficult to find in Miami. We are very grateful to them for making our day so special!
  • Nicole R.
    Nicole Married on 10/21/2018

Great value for an awesome wedding

We held our wedding for 125 people here and had an awesome time. The food was great and the place was large enough to host both our ceremony and reception. Betty is awesome.
    Martha Married on 06/09/2018
    I had my son’s wedding reception last Saturday and everything was great. The location was 8th and 59th. Betty took care of everything and was great. I got a package that included the flowers, photos and dj. Nancy did beautiful flowers. Tony was a very nice photographer and Osvaldo the dj played all the requested music. The place was beautifully decorated and everybody had a great time. Thank you, Martha
    Susana Married on 01/20/2018
    Renaissance was the perfect reception venue and provided top notch service. The food, open bar, music and ballrooms were exquisite. Tony by far was very accommodating, his hospitality was impeccable, and the price was very affordable. Not to mention that Renaissance also handled my floral needs and they were exquisite!! I highly recommend Renaissance at the Gables for any event!!
    Miriam Married on 12/31/2017
    The customer service was excellent, to the extent that we decided to write this review. We opted for having the reception and ceremony at the Renaissance at the Gables on New Year’s Eve. The lighting was romantic; the cylinder orchid flower arrangements were amazing; the decorations were beautiful and exceeded our expectations. The bathrooms were impeccably clean. The reception and ceremony were separated by these beautiful, white, tasteful curtains. The food was exactly what we wanted. We decided on the London Broil for the meal. I am a very busy person and Tony (from the Renaissance) really helped in creating a wonderful, stress-free experience. It is great instead of individually dealing with vendors; the venue takes care of coordinating it. It allowed me to actually enjoy my wedding and created very epic memories. Tony helped us every step of the way and went beyond our expectations. Thank you Tony and Renaissance at the Gables!
  • User2995771 2+ years ago
    Great wedding venue and it's been touched up recently. I did my wedding there a few years ago and was happy. We recently had my cousins wedding there after their remodel and it looks super nice! They switched out carpet, painted and did a few other things since I had my wedding. Would recommend!
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany Married on 09/03/2016
    I VISITED THIS LOCATION LAST NOVEMBER AS A POSSIBLE VENUE FOR MY WEDDING RECEPTION AND I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. THE STAFF WAS VERY RESPONSIVE FROM THE INITIAL MEETING UP TO THE DAY OF THE RECEPTION. THE DECORATIONS AND FLOWERS WERE BEAUTIFULLY DONE. THE FOOD AND CAKE WERE DELICIOUS. I HAD A VERY SMALL RECEPTION, BUT I FEEL THEY PUT THE SAME AMOUNT OF EFFORT INTO MY SMALL EVENT THAT THEY WOULD HAVE INTO A MUCH LARGER EVENT. EVERYONE I CAME IN CONTACT WITH AT THIS COMPANY WAS GREAT AND VERY HELPFUL. PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS VENUE IF YOU ARE IN THE AREA. THEY DEFINITELY PROVIDE GREAT ALL INCLUSIVE SERVICES FOR THE PRICE.
  • User2340459 2+ years ago
    Staff is very helpful and pleasant.
    Angela Married on 10/02/2015
    We have one word for Rose Marie and the folks at Renaissance: wonderful. We had our wedding at a private location on Key Biscayne and had them cater it. They are a one-stop shop, which was perfect because my fiancé and I were not prepared to do much ourselves. Also, they were very reasonably priced, and after seeing how beautiful everything was at the wedding and the quality of the table decorations, flowers, lighting, food, I can definitely say we got a huge bang for our buck.

Rose Marie runs the show, and it's a family business. They work extra hard to make everything perfect because this is their livelihood, and there is a lot of attention to detail. Rosie is down to earth, funny, and loud but in an endearing way. She truly loves what she does and she treated me like a daughter, not a client. We got the beautiful Rolls Royce pick up, and got married on the beach, and it was so pretty the way they set it up... it was really beautiful! My bouquet was gorgeous, as were the other flowers. Rosie's flower person was on hand to help put the boutonnieres on the men, help hold up my train as I approached the beach, she was so nice.

The reception room was beautifully set up. The tablecovers, chairs, chargers, plates, lighting... everything was awesome. The cakes (we had two) were amazing, Rose and her people were super helpful, there's too much to cover. I wrote a longer review on Yelp if you're interested.
  • User1543880 2+ years ago
    Great staff! Tony is very accommodating and always available to meet. The florist made the most beautiful flower arrangements, as I wanted them. All of my guests loved the food and the music was perfect! We had an amazing wedding without having to spend over the budget. Thank you to the Renaissance staff for your professionalism and beautiful decorations for our wedding. We were very happy with the results and it made our day an amazing one!
    -Martha and Stephen
  • User1783295 2+ years ago
    First of all, if you are getting married, it is the most important day of your life, but regardless of what happens or doesn't happen you have to stay optimistic and be grateful to be surrounded by your friends and family. The first thing you have to consider is your budget. If money is not an issue, then you probably wouldn't come here, but for any and everyone else who has an actual budget, THIS IS THE PLACE!!! Don't bother any where else. It is truly a one stop shop, the staff is very helpful and the end result is truly what you are promised. I have read other people's reviews before writing my own, and I can tell you that while other individuals may have had a bad experience with one employee or another, I personally didn't have any issues. People seem to forget that even the employees of Renaissance at the Gables are human, and they are planning several other events. They are really trying to help you have a perfect event, mistakes will occur no matter how much you are paying. Normally you get what you pay for. Here at Renaissance, you get the best service AND outcome possible in MIAMI for what you are paying. I loved everything about my day and I loved that they let me bring my favors and a few personal touches to decorate, making my day EXACTLY what I had dreamed and planned. My only complaint about that day has nothing to do with Renaissance......It felt like 20 minutes!!!!!!! and it was 5 hours! So with that being said, regardless of where you host your wedding, enjoy every second, because it will be over in the blink of an eye. All that dreaming, planning, money etc. GONE..... so don't be a bridezilla and waste your time being mad and unpleasant. Be grateful to be marrying your love in the presence of God and your loved ones and just smile....You will be taking a lot of pics, so SMILE!!!!
  • User1598312 2+ years ago
    Rose was amazing, she knew what we want. She very kind and patient. Made our day go by smoothly
    Teresa Married on 02/28/2014
    I was extremely happy with how everything turned out and how helpful everyone was.
    Antoinette Event on: 11/09/2013
    My father and I hosted a birthday party for my mom on November 9th. Everything was wonderful from the food, decor to the D.J. I am glad I chose Renaissance Ballroom in Miami to host my mother's party. She and her guests had a wonderful time.
    Nicole Married on 12/31/2011
    This was the perfect venue for my wedding! The look and feel of the venue was very warm and made you feel very comfortable. The professionalism of Tony was off the charts! He responded quickly to any concern I had and assisted in many things that went above and beyond his responsibility. A quick story: Our rehearsal had to be held late in the evening on the Thursday before the wedding and the venue closes at 6pm. However, they stayed open just so I could use the venue for our rehearsal and there was no question on the issue was going to be solved. I would recommend this venue to everyone!!
    Val Married on 11/26/2011
    Wow what can I say about RENAISSANCE AT THE GABLES, Im totally in love w/ the whole crew ( rose, nancy, tony, cynthia, luis & ect.) from day 1 they embrace me and took me in as 1 of their own. My wedding day has been Bless having them as my venue. Rose- Thank you for waiting to see me before going to your other party and i know those tears you shed was real love you hun, nancy- you rock babe thanks babe my flowers were gorgeous you rock, Tony- although it was my fault that i didnt get the pictures taking in the hotel, your were exquisite and i'm glad you were my photographer, Cynthia- stop reminding me of how crazy I was when I seen the renovation for the scala ballroom; your rock as a bartender all my guest said you kept the drinks coming... My overall experience for my Wedding Day at the Renaissance at the Gables was and is my Dream come true. Recommendation is a totAl thumbs up 1000% plus. muah Renaissance muah! your friend valery
    Dag Married on 11/20/2010
    We had our reception at Renaissance at the Gables and it was wonderful. I could not ask for anything else.
    Meivys Married on 11/02/2008
    Tony (from the office) and Juan Carlos (from catering) were extremely helpful and tried their best to accomplish all my wedding dreams! The food was great, especially the London Broil! The DJ (Charles) was hilarious, he really got the party started.... :0)

The ceremony set up was beautiful! We even got the 'red carpet treatment'.
    Tanya Married on 11/20/1999
    They were fantastic to me. They came at a great time, 6 months before my wedding my original venue cancelled on me and in a frenzy I found renaissance. My wedding turned out to be so much better thanks to them. They gave me a package that included everything from the venue, food, cake to the small things like the invitations, champagne glasses, the ring bearers pillow, favors, etc. They were great at coordinating everything for me, it was like having a wedding planner and venue in one. Would recommend to everyone!!!!