Remixologists Reviews

Remixologists 3
Remixologists 4
Remixologists 5

David · Getting married on 02/09/2019

Simon is an excellent DJ for any wedding. All of our guests loved him, from an 11 year old, to a 28 year old, to a 70 year old, everyone keeps raving about him!

Alison · Married on 11/17/2018

Highly Recommend!

At the end of my wedding the first thing did was jump on the stage to give DJ Simon a hug. He MADE our wedding. Our wedding was the most fun dance party we ever could have wished for! Simon totally got what we wanted but made it even better than we could have imagined. People kept coming up to us, while dancing, all night, to scream variations of "this is the best ever!" , "where did you find this dj?!" and and "omg this song!!". We couldn't agree more! We already miss the music, it was so good that I ate my dessert while dancing because I didn’t want to stop (and I love dessert). Simon listened so carefully to our vision and executed a mix of music that really matched what we wanted for the feel of our wedding. The way he transitioned the songs and the combinations of them was amazing. The remixologists are also really professional and organized. Simon made the planning extremely easy and the flow of the night worked perfectly! He’s a really nice guy and makes this process stress free. Because of the remixologists our wedding felt like us and we loved watching our friends and family dance as much as they did!

• Nicole

Nicole Berman · Married on 11/03/2018

Best. DJ. Ever.

DJ Taiga was AMAZINGGGGGG! Seriously, the best dj I've ever had the pleasure of working with. His music was on point, the transitioning was PERFECT, the timing of everything was fantastic, and he was the coolest, most down to earth guy ever. He made my wedding feel like the badass party that I wanted it to be, plus so much more. Everything was perfect. I HIGHLY suggest hiring him for your next event. You won't be sorry.

• F

Felicia Dorng · Married on 10/27/2018

Zero regrets hiring DJ Taiga

My sister hired DJ Taiga for her wedding five years ago and all I remember from that was how much fun I had on the dance floor. So when it came around to my wedding, he was no doubt the only DJ I had considered hiring. Despite DJ Taiga being based in the East Coast, and with my wedding in California, he made the whole process so easy. He was always quick to respond via email, was super easy to work with to build our perfect playlist, and even took care of renting equipment from a local company.

When my wedding rolled around, DJ Taiga kept the dance floor packed up until midnight. So many friends complimented me on what a great DJ he was and how they loved all the music he played - some even told me they wanted to hire him for their weddings. My in-laws wanted to sing a family song during dinner and Simon took such good care of them to make sure it went smoothly. I wish I could experience my wedding all over again, just so I could relive the party DJ Taiga provided. Thanks Simon for everything! BEST. DJ. EVER.

Layla H · Married on 10/20/2018

Terrific DJ for a lively Iranian-American wedding

We had such a fun wedding thanks to Simon's DJing. He kept the dancefloor active the whole night, playing songs the crowd loved (a big deal for an Iranian wedding!), and was extremely thoughtful about the flow from song to song. Throughout the whole process, he was organized, very communicative, and a pleasure to work with. He customized several songs for us. We are so glad we had Simon for our wedding and recommend him to anyone!

Jessie G · Married on 10/20/2018

Ben is the best DJ!

We hired Remixologists for our wedding this past October. Ben our DJ was so nice to work with. We were delayed in getting him many of our songs and he was so accommodating. He hit all of our music cues and there were no hiccups. We were across the country so it was difficult to do phone calls but Ben always made it work. We were able to give him a long list of songs. Our guests loved the music. And Ben was so professional - in making sure he had everyones name right. Hiring Ben and remixologists was a great decision.

Alice · Married on 09/29/2018

I highly recommend the Remixologists for your wedding. Having just had ours a few weeks ago, I can offer the advice that you want to make sure you choose a good DJ for your wedding. You want to make sure you have a DJ who is organized, client oriented, good at communicating, timely with responding to questions and also has great taste in music. We were in great hands with Simon. He is extremely organized and made sure that all the sound equipment was set up perfectly, all the ceremony music was executed flawlessly and that the music kept everyone going! He did a great job incorporating some of our favorite artists into the wedding music and I really appreciated how he helped to create special cuts of songs to fit the timing of our ceremony and special dances. Our friends and family danced until 11PM after the temperatures had dropped to 48 degrees for our outdoor wedding.

Michael M · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Ben killed it!!

Ben was amazing from the start of planning to the wedding night. From the very beginning when we choose Ben he responded quickly to any questions and even made multiple trips to our venue to scope out prior to the reception. During the planning process, he took all our requests even ripping live performances from YouTube so I could have the exact mashups I wanted!
    My wife and I provided Ben a list of songs/artists that were “must plays” and others that we really like. Ben made sure to incorporate those into the music all night and using the information provided he was playing songs we didn’t even remember but loved! He has such an extensive knowledge of music that during dinner service every song got better and better and the choices were amazing!
    As dinner ran long Ben was able to adjust on the fly to incorporate different genres and keep everyone on the dance floor. There was not one moment were people were not dancing, Ben had the guests rocking the floor all night from old school funk, 90s classics, hip hop, and electronic dance! As I mentioned I can not underplay his music selection and how he mixed different genres and styles all night. If a song was not a hit he would quickly change playing of the vibe of the guests and requests from my wife and I.
    We could not have asked for a better experience as Ben played everything we wanted and had the guests dancing all night. All our guest said it was the best wedding playlist they have heard and wanted the night to go on longer.
    I would highly recommend him and if I have any other party would hire him again in a heartbeat. He was sensational!

Joshua · Married on 09/01/2018

From the moment we booked, til the last song of our wedding, the team at Remixologists have been nothing but CLASS. We all know that food an music are what separate a good wedding from and amazing one. Our wedding was beyond amazing thanks to DJ Ben. DJ Ben had the dance floor packed and party rocking, literally, all night long! I can't say enough about the quality of service and professionalism of this company. You owe it to your guests and yourselves to book this company.

Thanks for an unforgettable time DJ Ben!

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Ben did an AMAZING job. I could go on and on about how happy we were with Ben. People are still texting me telling me that the DJ was awesome. 2 people even took business cards from him so that he could play at their weddings. He understood exactly what we wanted and executed it perfectly. I did not leave the dance floor and neither did any of my guests. He truly made our wedding the party that we wanted it to be. I cannot thank Ben enough for KILLING IT!!!! If you are thinking about booking Ben, DO IT. He will not disappoint!

Megan · Married on 08/18/2018

Wedding MVP's!

Full disclosure: In August, I married one of the Remixologists, so I knew ahead of time that they would be great. We had two consultations with Simon and Mike to finalize our music selections, and we were ready to go for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. What we couldn't predict was the flash thunderstorm that hit right before the reception. The guys broke down equipment and moved to the backup site in under 30 minutes, and we started everything on time! Flexible, professional, and incredibly talented. You can't go wrong with these guys!

• Kenneth · Married on 08/11/2018

Knew what to play and for how long and changed music at the right time. Mc'd without being the center of attention. Went sooo fast, and seemed like one big party with all the hair let down. Excellent job Ben.

Christine · Married on 08/10/2018

Simon rules! We are SO happy with how our wedding went (8/10/18) - the party was phenomenal - we sang and danced to every single song. He really understood exactly what we wanted, what our guests needed to keep the party pumping, and truly made the best day of our life just that....it could have gone a lot differently if it wasn't for him, so we really really appreciate how great he is at his job! He far exceeded our expectations, and we couldn't be more grateful. From the start, our experience in working with Simon was smooth, professional, and fun - he was so easy to work with and made the process a pleasure. We got a ton of compliments on our DJ from our guests too (everyone was sore from dancing the week after) so we're not the only ones from our wedding who thought he was the best. Also, want to add that we didn't work with him based on a referral from a friend, we were totally clueless and had to do research online to find our perfect DJ, and boy did we do our research...we interviewed a bunch of DJs, but after speaking with Simon and listening to his mixes we felt confident he would be our perfect fit, and he 100% was. THANK YOU so much!!

Jayne · Married on 07/14/2018

DJ Ben was TRULY amazing and we could not have chosen a better DJ for our wedding. Me, my husband, our families, as well as all of our guests can't stop talking about how great he was, and how fun & incredible the music was the entire night. He really blew us away with the MOST epic music ever and made our wedding the awesome party that we wanted and hoped it would be. Ben truly made our wedding - without his music it simply would not have been the fun, energetic party that it was. We have very specific music taste and wanted to cover a few different genres from oldies to 70s rock to modern rap/hip hop/pop, and Ben COMPLETELY understood us and executed everything we were hoping for perfectly, plus even more. He made sure to include music that appealed to all of our guests and also added in his own creativity based on the crowd, and it was perfection. Everyone was on the dance floor for hours, even longer than we thought the dancing portion would be! Everything was so seamless throughout the entire planning process. Ben is so responsive, always there for you, and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He always made us feel like everything was taken care of and we never had to worry about a thing. He gave us amazing, valuable advice while also making it clear that he wanted us to be happy and would work with any plan we wanted. Ben also worked on the side with our wedding coordinator at Liberty House to make sure they were on the same page with the logistics and timing for the day, and knowing that Ben had it all covered and planned was such a comfort for me. I recommend Ben SO SO highly - you MUST book him for your next event!

Amy · Married on 07/14/2018

Working with the Remixologists for our wedding entertainment was excellent from start to finish. We had originally chosen Simon for our wedding DJ. Unfortunately, we found out 9 months before our wedding that we had to push back our date by a month. Simon was very accommodating and was able to give us a few other options of DJs within his company that were available on our new date. We chose to work with DJ Mike and he was easy to communicate with and understood the “vibe” we were going for. We actually chose the Remixologists from the start due to their “not typical cheesy wedding DJ” vibes—we could tell from listening to their mixes online that they would be a good fit, which was quickly confirmed via phone meetings. Our wedding day ran very smoothly with the help of DJ Mike, and he was able keep our mixed-age crowd of family and friends pumped up and dancing to the end of the night. We highly recommend working with this company, and would definitely work with them again if we ever need a DJ!

Judy · Married on 07/13/2018

DJ Taiga was one the best decisions we made in our wedding planning process. He was responsive and organized, sent us information about how to plan the timeline for the day, and spoke with us over the phone to gauge what types of songs we wanted to play throughout the whole event. I heard from other couples how they gave their DJs some songs but the music that was played was not what they wanted. The thing with DJ Taiga was that he got to know the genre of our tastes and selected music that was even better than what we would have wanted, and he was also able to weave in our must plays as well. The way he mixed and transitioned between songs really kept the suspense and the dance floor packed. Everyone commented on how amazing the music was and how they couldn't get off the dance floor. There were a few times when I had to break away from dancing just to give DJ Taiga a knowing nod/shout out because his transitioning and song selection was so kick-ass! He also stayed flexible throughout the event and announced updates when the timing of things changed. Thanks for making our wedding so amazing!

Andy · Married on 07/07/2018

We had a great experience with Simon. We thought our ceremony to cocktail hour to reception music needs were going to be a little complicated, and Simon made sure everything was set up and ready to go without us having to thing about it. He was very easy to work with and definitely the most responsive vendor we had. I felt like we were kind of annoying in that we had both very specific and very broad music requests. Simon did an amazing job finding the right music that set the perfect atmosphere during the cocktail hour and a great party during the reception. From obscure indie rock to 90's hip hop to 80's new wave to current pop hits he was very adept and getting the music we wanted right and making it work for a big diverse crowd. We would definitely recommend Simon.

• Celine

Celine · Married on 06/16/2018

Don't look any further - Simon is the best!

When my husband and I began our wedding planning process, we were extremely torn between a live band and a DJ. Our biggest fear was the typical wedding DJ that played “shout” and overused line dances. Well let me tell you, Simon was none of those things and we cannot recommend him enough! When I first reached out to Simon, he was extremely responsive, friendly and professional. He set up an introductory call shortly after where he listened to all my concerns and immediately put me at ease. I didn’t feel the need to have to send him a list of do’s and don’ts; rather, we completely trusted him with the little direction we gave him and he delivered! We received so many compliments about Simon the evening of our wedding. Not only because he played a great selection of music, but also because of his personality and how he kept everyone engaged! People raved about how friendly he was and how it looked like he was having so much fun, which made everyone else have even more fun! He was also a great sport when it came to my father’s “requests” and made sure to run them by my husband and I before hitting the play button. In addition, he did a phenomenal job emceeing, staying on top of things with our wedding coordinator and other vendors to make sure everything was going as planned. We had a lot of hard names to pronounce in our wedding party, but Simon took a lot of time to practice all of them. My Mom couldn’t get over how for the first time in her 30 years of living in America, someone said her name right! I also think it’s important to mention how organized Simon is. When planning a wedding there are so many moving parts, but I never worried about the music element because Simon sent reminders, worked off of basecamp to keep my husband and I on track and was super communicative which was a huge help! Lastly, Simon ended up recording our ceremony from his phone while he set up in the barn above our ceremony. He later sent us the MOV file, something that brought tears to my eyes because we did not book a videographer and didn’t have any footage. It is one of my favorite things from the wedding to replay and look back on and was such an incredibly thoughtful gesture. Overall, Simon is just a super cool guy with an awesome taste in music (and bow ties) and a great personality that really sets him apart from the rest. If you want one less stressor on your “to do” list, book him! You will not be disappointed!

Daniel · Married on 06/09/2018

Simon was a great DJ. He kept everyone dancing and played a great mix of songs that everyone liked.

• Monique

Monique · Married on 05/26/2018

Extraordinary!

OBSESSED! After talking with Ben for 5 minutes you’ll be thinking…I want to be best friends with him….and throughout the process that feeling never changed. There are not enough words for me to say how amazing Ben and the Remixologists are! First off, Ben makes you feel like you have known him forever, he is genuinely the most fun and positive person to be around! Not only was he professional, he just got every vibe, mood and aesthetic we were looking for and added musical elements to our playlist that I didn’t even know I wanted!

Full disclosure – my husband and I knew what we wanted for the reception but completely blanked on everything else, ceremony music, cocktail hour, etc. Ben was there to guide us and offer great suggestions along the way…even the morning of!

When it came to our wedding day, Ben arrived with great energy! We felt like we truly got to be in the moment and enjoy our whole day because Ben was there to take care of us and our guests. Our wedding was beyond amazing thanks to DJ Ben – he kept the dance floor packed all night long and gave us the party we had envisioned. My family and friends are still talking about the music and the impromptu dance off!

I really can't imagine having a better experience or a better person to be such a big part of our day. Can't wait to have another reason to work with DJ Ben and the Remixologists again!

Rebeccah · Married on 05/11/2018

DJ CoolHand Luke was an incredibly professional person to work with and we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. He was responsive, knowledgeable and accommodating. And in the end, everybody danced their faces off at our wedding thanks to his mixing. Would recommend highly.

Megan · Married on 05/11/2018

highly recommend!

This is a (belated!) review for our May 2018 wedding at the Fairmount Park Horticultural Center. Ben helped us with our timeline, was easy to communicate with, kept the dance floor full all night, and professionally declined my drunk aunt's myriad song requests. Also you can listen to a bunch of mixes on their website - these helped in choosing them plus are fun to listen to when I want to be in a good mood and reminisce lol. Not to be braggy but so many of our guests have told us ours was the best wedding they've ever been to - and the Remixologists/Ben's professionalism, organization, and of course DJ skills played a big role in that!

Leanne · Married on 05/04/2018

DJ Taiga absolutely KILLED it at our wedding! He played an awesome mix of songs that kept all of our guests dancing the night away. Even better, he was a blast to work with leading up to our event. Everything ran, and was planned, so seamlessly! Could not recommend the Remixologists more! They're amazing!!

Jenna · Married on 04/27/2018

DJ Ben was so great to work with - he helped us create the vibe we wanted. I got a ton of compliments on the music at the reception! We didn't want any typical "wedding" music and cut out a lot of the formalities - he was totally on board with everything.

Alex · Married on 04/07/2018

Our experience with Remixologists (both Simon and our DJ on the day, DJ Ben) was an absolute pleasure. My wife and I were planning our East coast wedding party from our home on the West coast, making selecting vendors a bit challenging. From the initial conversation with Simon, it was clear that he and his team were going to do everything they could to make the planning process as simple as possible so that our party was everything we wanted it to be.

We were quickly introduced to DJ Ben and after our initial conversation, my wife and I felt completely at ease that we had made the right decision. Not only did Ben seem to understand exactly what we were going for with our party, he clearly laid out the best way for us to get from a vision to a reality.

When the day actually came, Ben was completely on-point. He read our crowd perfectly throughout the party and the music could not have been better all night long. In fact, many of our friends and family commented that the music was one of the highlights of the party.

Overall, I highly recommend Remixologists and DJ Ben in particular.