Relish Distinctive Catering Reviews

24 | Mount Pleasant, SC

24 Reviews for Relish Distinctive Catering

Melissa Mcbryde · Married on 05/04/2019

Truly the best!

Relish Distinctive Catering (and Lacy Davidson) did an amazing job for our 5/4/19 wedding! The food was amazing and all of our guests said the same. Lacy was super easy to work with and so incredibly helpful all along the way. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Natasha · Married on 05/03/2019

Food was delicious

All of the food on our wedding day was delicious! We still have guests talking about how good it was. We even got a reusable cooler bag with some leftovers to eat later on.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Amy · Married on 02/23/2019

Excellent beyond words

Working with Lacy at Relish Catering was hands down the best wedding vendor decision I made. I was impressed from my very initial email right through my sparkler exit.

Lacy is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and a joy to work with. To say she is good at her job is an understatement, she is beyond excellent. Every step of the way she was responsive, easy to communicate with, and beyond helpful in keeping track of all the little details I didn't even know existed.

I was impressed throughout the planning process but especially on my wedding day. The food was plentiful, delicious, and displayed beautifully. Lacy had our meals fully laid out on our sweetheart table for us so we didn't have to worry about getting it ourselves and we got to enjoy our entire meal! This was an especially amazing touch for us, among many!

Our guests told us the chefs for our carving and stir fry stations were absolutely wonderful and it was such a pleasure to hear her entire team went beyond just being professional but made sure to engage in a fun way with our guests. It made an impression on both them and us.

Everyone raved about the food and went home full and happy. We had quite the spread and our selections were made from a very extensive menu that offers so many options, I can't imagine anyone would want for more choices! Relish also put together an amazing to-go bag for us with literally every part of out meal, from cocktail hour right through cake. They included EVERYTHING! The portions were perfect
    for each having a full sized meal and we enjoyed getting to have our wedding dinner all over again.

I will rave about my experience with Relish and Lacy to anyone who will listen and recommend them without any reservation. I truly not only can't think of a single area they did not excel in but can list off so, so many where they exceeded our expectations. Thank you to the whole team for making my wedding an amazing (and delicious) day!

Sent on 02/25/2019

Vicki Wells · Married on 12/02/2018

Vicki, daughters wedding on 11/11/18

Lacy and Relish were wonderful. I had lots of questions concerning food, prices, and what was provided. All my questions were answered. I live out of town and was not able to meet Lacy until the wedding date but she had everything together and everything went perfect. We could not have ask for better service. The food was great and the service was amazing.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Margaret · Married on 04/21/2018

Relish and Lacy were amazing! Lacy helped me to keep my head together during the months leading up to the wedding! She went above and beyond her duties as catering manager. I am so glad that she was there on the wedding day. The food was absolutely delicious! The mac and cheese and the shrimp and grits bar were the most popular (although my favorite was the french fries). They even had good vegan options for some of my family members (not just salad-real food!). The chef at the shrimp and grits bar was entertaining and was an absolute hit- everyone loved him. The bartenders and all employees were nice too. PLUS all dishes, silverware, glassware, etc was included. I would highly recommend Relish to anyone getting married in Charleston. One of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process.

Sent on 04/30/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 02/10/2018

Lacy and her team were amazing! we used them for our rehearsal dinner, Welcome dessert party, and reception. At all three events the food was delicious. The grilled pimento cheese apps, mac and cheese, steak... everything was great. Lacy makes you feel at ease and listens to what you want and creates a menu that matched everything you tell her. She also goes above and beyond cater duties and helps you plan and follow up with other vendors.

Do not look for another caterer!

Sent on 02/23/2018

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2016

I cannot rave enough about the professionalism and care that Relish Distinctive Catering provided for our Wedding! Hiring Relish was the best decision we made when planning our Wedding, hands down. Relish is way more than just a catering company. They truly provide the whole package: Service, catering, wedding coordination, with your choice of their premiere venue and ceremony locations. Everything is included! And I mean everything, they do it all! The combined value is absolutely unmatched in the surrounding Charleston area. The staff were professional, courteous, unobtrusive, and really made for an enjoyable experience throughout the night. Reading the Relish menu alone, will make your mouth water, and they do not disappoint! The food was so delicious! All of our guests raved about the quality, taste, and presentation. Also, you get to "relish" a complimentary tasting of your menu selection, yay!
    Laura Lovisone, Relish's Catering Manager, served as our Wedding Coordinator. This woman is amazing, and I mean that! I loved every minute of working with her and felt 100% confident and comfortable that our Wedding was in good hands.
    Our Wedding ceremony and reception took place at Snee Farm Country Club. Laura worked with us from start to finish on every single detail of our Wedding ceremony and reception. She was attentive, thorough, knowledgeable, and accommodating. We had a choice on everything; She welcomed all our ideas, and did everything she could to make sure we had exactly what we wanted on our Wedding Day. Laura went above and beyond to make the planning process fun, and my day as a bride, absolutely wonderful!
    The food and service that Relish provided was truly fantastic. We are so grateful and pleased with the services provided by Relish and Laura! It made our Wedding unforgettable, in the most amazing way!
    A huge thank you to Laura and the team at Relish! We will not hesitate hiring Relish again for any of our future catered events!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Lorrie · Married on 04/01/2016

From the start of planning until the end of our reception, Lacy handled everything with perfection! She went far and beyond our expectations always making sure we had everything that we needed while guiding us through this crazy process. The food was amazing and we received lots of compliments from our guests about it all! I highly recommend Relish.

Sent on 08/30/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 03/19/2016

Lacy Davidson worked with us as a caterer and day of event coordinator. She directed the ceremony professionally, kept me up to date on all happenings, kept the time line on and was flexible if I asked for any changes. The minute the ceremony was over both the groom and I had drinks and appetizers, she kept the staff coming by us. Before the meal we had fully served plates and after she made sure that we had food to take home- the food was amazing! There were a few electrical glitches with lighting during the reception and Lacy went above and beyond after the staff at the venue couldn't fix it, she had her team go out of their way to bring over portable spotlights and no one knew the difference. Lacy and Relish go above and beyond!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Julie · Married on 11/14/2015

Venue was fantastic (Snee Farms Country Club). Large enough to accommodate a large party, plenty of large windows for natural light, a big dance floor, and even a fireplace - very romantic, and a far cry from the hotel ballrooms we're used to! Cocktail hour presentation was great, Italian buffet was delicious. Laura was a lot of fun to work with, very flexible and easy to work with and made the day-of coordination a breeze, and was really accommodating to make sure we (bride and groom) actually ate...very important! The servers and bartenders were top notch as well. Our evening could not have gone better! For Charleston, you won't be able to find a better value for such a high quality reception. Huge thank you to Relish!

Sent on 11/25/2015

Ashlyn · Married on 07/11/2015

We loved all of the food that was served at our reception! The guests are still talking about how good everything was! We chose to have stations at our wedding. Those consisted of a mac-&-cheese station, shrimp & grits station, chicken & waffles station, and a sirloin, roll, and grilled veggies station! So delicious!!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Beth · Married on 06/06/2015

I can not begin to say enough wonderful things about Lacy and her team. She was friendly and responsive and open with advice from the very moment that my daughter in law chose Pa

Sent on 06/10/2015

Leanne · Married on 04/18/2015

The food Relish served at our wedding was nothing short of amazing. I've attended several weddings with beautiful surroundings, a wonderful ceremony, and lackluster food. Relish definitely does not fall into this category! From our tasting right up until the last "late night snack" was served, we were nothing but thrilled with the food and beverages! The chef and service staff were all extremely polite and super efficient. Our friends and families all told us that this was the best food they've ever had at a wedding!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Michelle · Married on 09/26/2014

We cannot compliment Lacey and her team at Relish catering enough! The food was MAGNIFICENT, the service was fantastic, and the staff was so friendly and fun to work with. The meal is such a huge part of the wedding day and after our tasting with Relish, we were sold. We knew we could trust Lacey and she was so helpful in making it easier to chose a meal that would work for our special day. We would recommend them a million times over!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jill · Married on 09/20/2014

Wonderful experience with Lacey and Relish Catering! Thanks for everything!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Julie · Married on 05/10/2014

We could not be any happier with our choice to have Relish cater our wedding at Magnolia Plantation & Gardens this past May. From the initial consultation and taste testing all the way through the event, we were put at ease and knew without a doubt that our event would be a success. Laura was our Catering Manager and was also our day-of coordinator. Being an out-of-town bride, she was truly a blessing on our special day. She handled everything from set-up, helping the bridal party get down the aisle, coordinating other vendors, keeping the wedding ceremony and reception on schedule, and of course managing the catering aspect of the wedding. She is truly one of the best in the area and my husband and I cannot express how grateful we were to have her not only as our coordinator, but now as a friend. Our wedding could not have went more smoothly than it did and not once did we ever have to worry that something wasn't being taken care of. The day was entirely stress-free, all we had to do was show up and enjoy, which is how it should be. The food was 5 star - our guests are still talking about how much they enjoyed the food at the wedding. The shrimp and grits, crab cakes, pulled pork biscuits, grilled pimento cheese sandwiches along with everything else was to die for. We also want to express how impressed we were with the Relish catering staff - it is evident that all employees knew what they were doing, had the appropriate experience and ultimately knew what it took to pull off an event of any size. They were diligent, never seen, yet knew what you needed before you did. We truly cannot thank everyone at Relish enough. If you are looking to hire a catering company for an upcoming event, please choose Relish. We wish we could have our wedding all over again!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Tara · Married on 02/22/2014

YUM! That was all I heard from our guests about the food! I even had one guest whisper to me, “I dare say that was the best food I’ve ever had at a wedding. Even better than our daughters wedding.” Working with Laura at Relish was a pleasure and I knew we were in very good hands from our very first meeting. Laura kept in contact throughout the process and was very quick in responding. This is most couple’s largest wedding expense and Relish is worth every penny! My only regret was not eating MORE of the great food at the wedding.

Sent on 04/13/2014

Christine · Married on 10/26/2013

Lacy and her team were amazing. We had a food tasting which was delicious and made some tweaks and changes from there to create our menu. The Chef was great, he was creative and when we asked him if there was any way to make 'Mexican Street Corn' off the cob so people could eat it better, he knew exactly what to do. Everyone from our wedding is still raving about the food.

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 10/12/2013

Relish is incredible! They did not disappoint! We are still hearing about how great our food was at the welcome party and the wedding reception. We worked with Laura who is one of the best coordinators in the area. I would recommend her personally to any new bride. She is so good at what she does and she really helps put your mind at ease. The quality of the food is 5 star. We met with Jason, the head chef, during our tasting. He walked through all of our options, how it was good, and where they got some of the local ingredients. Both Laura and Jason were so professional during the whole process.

We couldn't have been more impressed with their service both Friday and Saturday night. We had nothing but the best. All the servers and bar tenders were so great with all of our guests. Laura is top notch and really helped the wedding be such a success! I think the value and quality of the service & food is really what puts Relish above the rest!

Sent on 01/09/2014
  • User2093920 · 2+ years ago

The wedding tasting was unreal and day of was even better.

Sent on 11/01/2012

Ariadne · Married on 07/07/2012

Lacy Peterson at Relish Distinctive Catering did an outstanding job catering and helping us organize our wedding. The food we selected was a fusion between Southern cuisine and Brazilian Churrascaria (BBQ) and they executed it perfectly. After the reception and throughout the next day our guests were constantly raving about how good the food was. Lacy also ensured that everything stayed on timeline and was set up properly for our wedding day. She even bustled my dress for me! I can't say enough about how professional Relish Distinctive Catering is and how they truly made our Wedding Day perfect.

Sent on 07/28/2012

All our guests raved about the food at our wedding! I would recvomend your company to anyone.

Sent on 07/27/2014

Anne · Married on 08/13/2016

Lacy was AMAZING! She managed the day for us and kept us on schedule, as well as mingling with guests and coordinating the arrival of wedding vendors. She and her company did above and beyond what was expected of a caterer. Every guest commented on how wonderful the food tasted and was presented.

Sent on 09/24/2016

They actually had me won over after the first 5 minutes of our food tasting for our wedding :) Delicious! Everyone loved the food!

Sent on 05/22/2013