Red Rocks Park & Amphitheatre Reviews

View more information

4.3

• Christina
    Christina Married on 09/21/2021

The PERFECT Wedding Venue!

We toured many different venues in Colorado and we could not have been happier with our decision to go with Red Rocks Trading Post. It was so beautiful and incredibly gorgeous! Devin and the rest of the team were super helpful, responsive, friendly, and accommodating to all of our needs. They truly made the entire process so easy and we cannot thank them enough for making our special day so perfect!
  • Dana
    Dana G. Married on 08/21/2021

The most perfect background to our Special Day!

I would give Red Rocks Trading Post way more than 5 stars if I could! Zach and I fell in love with Red Rocks after our first trip together August of 2018 when we visited to see Illenium. The space is breath taking. It is our spot. We go back to the same spot for vacation because we love it so much. When we got engaged on Oct 31, 2020 we did not know what could happen for us Wedding Wise due to the pandemic. However the one thing we knew we wanted was to have our ceremony there at Red Rocks close to the amphitheater we love so much. In February of 2021, I reached out to Red Rocks and Devin replied promptly. We wanted to try to get married in Denver in August of 2021 and sure enough 8-21-21 was available. Devin continued to be an asset for me as I am an out of state bride living in NC. She was flexible, available via email and even planned a couple video calls to help me see the space. Devin gave me recommendations when I needed it and we trusted her guidance and hired several vendors because of her. Planning a wedding ceremony at Red Rocks is casual and easy. Realize these folks work on many events so be patient as they are often working 7 straight days shows, concerts, weddings, events, etc. If you are an organized bride, it will go very easily. Every detail we discussed came together. Evan was there for rehearsal and day of and he had a perfect hand off from Devin. We loved the venue, the staff, everything. Splurge for the champagne and spend some time enjoying the view with your guests!! Everything about the Ceremony was even better than how we planned it in our heads. We will always have amazing images of the most amazingly beautiful space as the background for our Special Day. Thank you!!!
    Photos By Photography G!! https://www.photographyg.com
  • Dan
    Dan V. Married on 08/03/2021

Perfect Location

I cannot say enough about Devin and the team at Red Rocks Trading Post. The venue is absolutely stunning, the food was amazing and the value for this place is incredible. My wife and I had to book our wedding quickly, over a long distance because our original wedding venue double booked. Devin brought together the perfect wedding in a matter of months, and it was everything we could have ever dreamed of. The communication from Devin was great, and she was able to make the day perfect for us. I can't put into words how highly I recommend Red Rocks Trading Post!
  • Aimee
    Aimee M. Married on 07/18/2020

Best wedding venue in Colorado!

*** We were married on July 18th 2020 but I was not able to update the date on this site.
    I am writing a few days after the wedding.
    This was the most amazing wedding site we could have ever imagined, It was made even better by Rachel R., our contact at Red Rocks who answered every question we had quickly and kept us updated thru the process. We were married on the Rock Room Terrace which was fantastic and Rachel had every detailed thoroughly covered and not to mention she was so sweet and professional to work with. Our out of town guests were floored at the views and our locals also raved about how cool it was to attend a wedding at one of their favorite spots.
    There is no doubt this is the best venue in Colorado to tie the knot.
    It was the best decision we made beside marrying each other!
    Cant thank you enough Rachel! You were awesome to work with!
    Javier Married on 09/09/2017
    The Trading Post was amazing it was so beautiful. The manager Tyler was fantastic, he was very responsive and made our big day so easy. We could not have asked for a better venue. Thank you so much Tyler and Red Rocks for making our wedding one to remeber.
  • User1816080 2+ years ago
    We had our ceremony in the Trading Post backyard, and it was so memorable and perfect! Loni and her assistant Jenna had everything set up a half an hour before our scheduled time (3:30-5:30) and allowed us back there at no charge for our pre-ceremony photos. They were so easy to work with and made our day great. They kept the backyard closed to anyone who wasn't part of our wedding, and even gave us a discount (off an already low price for what you get!) due to construction in the park - which I had barely even noticed, to be honest. They also let us bring a cooler full of water bottles for our guests during the ceremony, since there is not really any shade in the backyard. One downside is that there is not a backup plan if there is inclement weather, so you're taking your chances on that. If you're looking for breathtaking views and a ceremony venue your guests won't forget, look no further than Red Rocks.
    Lisa Married on 09/10/2011
    I was incredibly impressed with Red Rocks Amphitheatre & Visitor Center venue in Morrison, CO. I received individual expert attention and advice. They were flexible and understanding. I felt they cared about MY wedding. The service was excellent. The manager there was PRICELESS in causing a beautiful result to the entire wedding experience. The food was unique and everyone loved it. The surroundings of the Red Rocks theatre and park were absolutely stunning and I have already recommended this venue to anyone I can find. The wedding was wonderful because Red Rocks was wonderful.
    Nicole J. Married on 09/04/2011
    My husband and I had a difficult time deciding on ceremony and reception venues for our wedding. After booking one place, we decided it wasn't for us, and were back to looking just 6 months before the wedding. I was sure Red Rocks Trading Post would be way too expensive, but checked it out anyway. It was far less expensive than what we thought and the views are nearly impossible to beat. We worked with TeNeil throughout our planning and she was very helpful. Always on top of emails and ready to answer any questions I had. The Trading Post was set up on time and they broke down the chairs quickly after the ceremony to allow for pictures. Overall, we had a great experience.
    Nicole Married on 10/31/2009
    Most beautiful and AFFORDABLE venue I could have chosen to get married at. Betsy was incredibly helpful along the way. We were planning an outside wedding on halloween and got hit by 27 inches of snow. I was worried, but Betsy took the initiative to call me and was very helpful by moving the entire ceremony inside the day before halloween. I made a last minute stop to verify that the new location (the rock room) would be suitable and she already had the chairs set up for us! She is very professional and a pleasure to work with! Every one of my guests commented on how smoothly everything ran and it was even easy for our handicapped guests to access! I would definitely recommend this venue to anybody wanting a truly memorable and unique wedding!
  • Janet N.
    Janet Married on 05/16/2008
    I first thought getting married at red rocks would cost way more money than I could ever give them to make it worth it. I was very wrong! other venues I had looked into were more money, some twice as much, and they were not giving me all that i got out of red rocks. the lead contact at red rocks (betsy) is the calmist most in contol go-to person I have ever met. she was more than helpful and I can't say enough about her. the food was great, everyone kept saying how good it all was. and it all went off begining to end very smoothly.
  • kndenver
    Katie Married on 02/16/2008
    Red Rocks was GREAT! Not only is the park an amazing landmark to hold a wedding, but the Visitor Center was amazing. The staff was flexible and really let us make the event our own. The food was fantastic and the staff that worked the event was professional and our guests had a great time.

Oh, and you may think that this venue would be expensive given the location - nope! It was much more affordable than many of the other venues we looked at - take the time and price it out...you will be (presently) surprised!
    Valerie Married on 04/10/2010
    Loved the venue. Betsy is great and she always was there to answer my questions. The only thing is they had an event right before our wedding so set up time was a bit less then we expected, but everything worked out and they made my wedding unforgetable!
  • Kristine
    Kristine S. Married on 09/04/2021

Perfect location, service, professionalism for Rehearsal Dinner

We could not be more happy with jaw-dropping views, friendly and professional staff, responsiveness, flexibility from Coordinator (Evan) to the Chef who made a special jalapeño appetizer, the whole night. Evan even made his own sauce to go with the jalapeños for us.... made us feel like family. You risk weather and lack of close-in parking is a negative. Unique setting & the Aramark/Red Rocks Staff, made both of those negatives more than worth it. There could not be a more beautiful setting. Thank you for such a perfect night!
    Melissa Married on 07/03/2010
    We got married @ the Trading Post & it was so affordable & more importantly incredibly gorgeous!! I worked with Betsy for most of the planning process & she was amazing...so helpful, responsive, & very nice. A few weeks before my wedding I was contacted by someone new & I am not sure what happened to Betsy. I still had an amazing wedding day but this new employee was not nearly as helpful or quick to respond as Betsy had been. We had to practically beg her to come to our rehearsal, the sprinklers turned on on us during the rehearsal, and on the day of the wedding she didn't put out enough chairs & so she had to add another row when guests began to stand around (this additional row was a different color chair too, which I really didn't like the look of in our pictures). I wished there hadn't been a concert on the same day as my wedding because there were people everywhere & they kept trying to get in our pictures & stuff...but this was a risk we knew we had to take with booking this venue. My pictures definitely speak for themselves though, Red Rocks Trading Post is stunning!
    Laura Married on 05/24/2007
    Red Rocks is an AMAZING place to have both a ceremony and reception. Our guests, particularly out of town guests, were blown away by the setting. The set up was fairly simple. My only concern for the day was that there were not enough chairs set up at our ceremony. Other than that everything was perfect. Given it's beauty you would think this would be an incredibly expensive place to get married, but it was one of the most inexpensive places I found. It is difficult to schedule a date due to the summer concert schedule. But if you are willing to be a little bit flexible, it is an amazing venue!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 09/04/2020

Beautiful place for a wedding!

We are so happy that we were able to have our wedding at the red rocks despite COVIDS plan. Rachel was very responsive and answered any questions we had.
    Joshua Married on 10/08/2016
    This is a great location for a wedding. We had wonderful weather and a beautiful background. The service during the reception was amazing. Our only real complaint is that the flexibility isn't as high as some other locations. This is likely due to the corporate nature of the location. For example, you have to use their catering service, which limits your menu (the food is good though). Additionally, unless you're a big wig you play second fiddle to any other event the park may have going on that day.
    Amanda Married on 08/18/2013
    The venue was absolutely beautiful (which I think is what all brides are looking for in their venue). The price compared to many other venues was definitely reasonable and there is a lot of flexibility. However, I did think that the way the bar was set up, we ended up paying for a lot more alcohol than was used. The food was good and service was great. I haven't heard any complaints from any of our guests.
  • skifdnkgrl
    Elizabeth Married on 06/21/2010
    We had our ceremony in the Trading Post Backyard and worked with Betsy Newhart to set everything up. The venue is spectacular and really speaks for itself. Breathtaking vistas make for a beautiful backdrop. The rental fee was a little pricey, but not needing to spend anything on flowers made up for it. Betsy was a dream to work with. I don't know if I ever waited more than a couple of hours to get an email response from her. I highly recommend this venue!
    Amanda Married on 06/13/2015
    Loni has been a great help in getting our ceremony venue finalized! The trading post backyard is absolutely gorgeous and only $500!!! It is only a 2hr time block, but there are plenty of options for pictures in super close areas just outside the trading post. They are also putting in brand new bathrooms and a bridal suite!!
  • User2726825 2+ years ago
    I was thrilled to book my Wedding at Red Rocks with Loni! She was fantastic. However, about half way through my planning, Julie took over as Loni was moving out of state. Honestly, if I had met her first I would never have signed a contract with her. She had a tendency to be very rude and short tempered. I distinctly remeber my mother asking what was up her a** the first time she met her.
  • 1stMate
    Michelle Married on 08/21/2017
    Beautiful location and generally friendly staff. Their catering through Aramark was good and the wait staff and bartenders were great. They had no problems with us setting up a little early, but when it came time to leave we were booted quickly with very little help. We were also told that guests could park their cars in the little top lot until the end of the reception at 4pm, but then on the day of they made everyone who parked there move to the upper north lot by 2. Overall, things worked out well and we were happy to have such a beautiful location.
    Stephanie Married on 01/05/2008
    The site was beautiful and worth the money spent.
  • Heli
    Heli Married on 09/23/2007
    We got married on the stage at Red Rocks and since it's a state park- it was free! The scenery is so beautiful and you get some outstanding backdrops towards dusk. We had our reception in one of the event rooms at the visitor's center and it was great! They have video/audio capabilities and the low lighting creates an intimate environment. The lady is kinda hard to get a hold of, and she doesn't always respond on time, but she's very helpful and friendly when she finally gets back to you.
    I really had a good experience with their caterer- they used Aramark- the chicken was a little tough- but to be fair- it's hard to keep foul that fresh and tender for 80 people for longer than an hour without getting hard. So word to the wise don't order the chicken or shrimp. Now - I did order 10 vegetarian dishes (Giant Mushroom portabella stack with veggies) and it was so good, even the meat eaters were more impressed with the flavor than their own choice of chicken.
    Everything else, the fruit & cheese display, the salad- those were really good too.
    Mlmegs Married on 05/14/2013
    I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else. We picked a date in early May and ran the risk of having a concert the same night. Thankfully, no bands booked. Our plan was to have the ceremony at the trading post and the reception in the rock room at the visitor center. Then it poured rain on our wedding night. Teneil did a great job working the multiple parties around in the visitor center. Moving another party out while our guests moved in. Had it not been raining, it would have been more busy and difficult to keep Red Rocks tourists out of our private event. They're welcome to roam the visitor center until closing. Because of the rain, we were forced to have our ceremony in the Rock Room. Ceremony was beautiful but the pictures and lighting are poor in the rock room. We had a fabulous photogrher that saved the day.. The guests moved to the bar while the caterers set up the tables. Enough room for a band, dance floor and 100+ guests. We chose simple black linens and did not dress the chairs. The room has a character of its own so the simple hydrangea flower arrangements rounded out the tables perfectly. There is a minimum charge for the room rental and you have to use their caterer and their bar and staff. The food is top shelf, I chose salmon, chicken and a vegetarian lasagna served table service and everyone was super pleased with the food quality. Bar selection and staff were great too. I brought in my own dessert from an external cupcake company and their staff set it up.
    Things did not go as planned but the rain was out of my hand. Guests were blown away with their experience. Would highly recommend if you won't something signature Colorado without the $$$ price ag.