Red Eye Collection Reviews

Red Eye Collection 6
Red Eye Collection 7

Gladys H · Married on 12/27/2018

Excellent!

I am so glad Oscar was our photographer for our city hall wedding! We never took professional pictures before and are from out of town so I was a little nervous at first. Oscar made us feel at ease right away. He was quick to response to my initial inquiry and was very patient with all the questions I had before the big day.

On the big day, Oscar was there as scheduled. It so nice having him with us as he knew the process and the city hall inside out; he made the wedding event goes by very smoothly.

The pictures of the ceremony and the portraits turned out so beautiful. Our family and friends keep complimenting/raving on how good our wedding pictures are.

My only regret is that I wished we had scheduled more time after the ceremony to do more pictures around the city with Oscar but if we are in the city for another big occasion, I am getting in touch with Oscar!!!

Thank you for making our wedding day even more special!

• Drew

Drew · Married on 09/28/2018

Look No Further for a Photographer!

If you're looking for a wedding photographer, stop looking and contact Oscar! Oscar did our engagement photos in September 2017 at Lands End and our wedding photos in September 2018 at The Brazilian Room. We could have not have been happier with the experience and the end product. Very easy to communicate with, directed us during the photos, gave advice on schedule & timing of wedding and was just a blast to work with. The most importantly, the photos turned out amazing! Couldn't have asked for a better experience! We would recommend Oscar to everyone and anyone.

Alice · Married on 08/26/2018

I got married August 26th 2018 and we used this photo bus for our reception and it was just so lovely Oscar was super friendly and the bus looked awesome! The pictures came out perfect. They really made our day that much more special thanks again for coming out and making our day awesome! I highly recommend using them for any event!

• Rhea

Rhea · Married on 08/20/2018

Oscar is simply an amazing photographer! We enjoyed working with him and he was a hit with all our guests as well. He is talented, smart, well coordinated and friendly...a true professional.

We got married at the San Francisco City Hall and had a reception party in Sonoma right after the ceremony. We booked the City Hall Signature package (60 mins) for the wedding ceremony. He knows the best spots in City Hall for photographs and captures great lighting. We also booked Oscar for 2 hours for the Reception party. Turned out we needed Oscar to stay an additional hour at the reception. He was totally up for it and we paid him for the additional hour. Working with Oscar is effortless as his primary focus is to help the couple as best he can. He fixed my dress and hair before taking every picture (except the candid ones of course). Im told wedding photographers dont usually go through that much trouble. Oscar clearly has an eye for details.

We received 218 gorgeous photos just 9 days after our wedding. Talk about fast turnaround time! We love the photos and will cherish them for life.

We would highly recommend Oscar and the Red Eye Collection.
    Thank you so much!!

Erin · Married on 08/02/2018

I am going to keep this really short. If you are having a city hall wedding, there is NO ONE better than Oscar. I agree with everything that has already been said. He is an absolute pleasure to work with and helps guide you through the whole process. Beyond the actual day, our photos turned out beautiful. Thank you Oscar!!!!

Kerstin · Married on 06/26/2018

If you are choosing a photographer for your wedding this is the one to go for. Alicia and Oscar were so helpful from our first enquiry, answering all questions helpfully and making great suggestions so that we really felt they wanted our day to be super special too. We wanted a really personal wedding at City Hall for just the two of us when we were over from the UK so Alicia kindly witnessed for us and then took some amazing photos - no small thing given we are two ladies who are not showy so posing didn't come naturally! She managed to capture our joy, how special our day was and we have a fantastic set of photos which also show how fabulous City Hall is to share with friends and family. We loved how special she made us feel too - nothing was too much trouble and she knew the best spots for spectacular shots. The whole process from first request through to receiving our pictures was really easy too. We would 100% recommend Red Eye Collection to anyone planning their wedding.

Nicole · Married on 06/08/2018

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! Oscar was such a breeze to work with -- friendly, fun, professional, and prompt. Our engagement and wedding pictures came out more beautiful than I could have imagined, and we have received numerous compliments on both! On the day of our wedding, Oscar and Dino did an amazing job of keeping my big (and wild) wedding party on time, which was great! Lastly, you can't beat the price, especially for the quality of photos and the outstanding crew. If you're on the fence about booking with Red Eye Collection, I would, without a doubt, tell you to do it! You won't be disappointed!

• Y

Ying · Married on 05/09/2018

Alicia was my photographer, she's super sweet. I love those pics especially some funny moments she caught, very special to me and my husband. I would definitely recommend redeye collection.

annie · Married on 02/10/2018

Where do I even begin?! My husband and I have so many good things to say about Oscar and his second photographer Dino.

1. PROFESSIONAL - Oscar was very easy to communicate with! He always responded promptly and was willing to address any questions or concerns we had. At our first meeting, he was very informative, direct, and full of personality. You can definitely tell he's a pro!

2. FUN - We had such a great time shooting with Oscar! We're not great at being in front of the camera but there was no lull or awkwardness during the shoot because of his assertive and fun personality. He also tells you how to adjust your body/face to make sure you look good in the photos which is a huge plus!

3. EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE - On our wedding day, the boys could not figure out how to put on their boutonnieres so I texted Oscar to see if he can help since he was meeting up with the boys first to hide the groom for our first look. He immediately said NP and when I arrived with the girls, the boys were ready, the groom was hidden, and he already had the whole first look process planned out.

4. GORGEOUS PHOTOS (obviously the most important part) - we just received our photos in the 4-6 weeks post wedding window just like he promised and we couldn't be happier!! He has a great eye and definitely knows how to use natural lighting!

Red Eye Collection deserves way more than 5 stars! BOOK THEM.

Red Eye Collection 8

Robyn · Married on 01/16/2018

Oscar was fantastic, such a friendly guy, right from meeting us at the entrance he walked us through the entire process and took some great photos along the way! We are very happy with how our wedding pictures turned out. We highly recommend him for any type of wedding photography.

Red Eye Collection 9
    Red Eye Collection 10

Kathleen · Married on 01/13/2018

We used red eye collection and We absolutely love our wedding photos! Working with Oscar was an absolute pleasure! He is very personable, professional, and creative! He was always readily available, had the best ideas for the shoot and was extremely efficient!
    Our bridal party all said they have never seen such an efficient photo shoot!
    We couldn’t be happier with the quality and look of our photos! He captured every unique detail of our wedding so we will always remember our special day ! I will definitely use him for our future baby shoot!!

Kimi · Married on 01/06/2018

We got the City Hall package (1 hr). I'm so pleased with my experience working with Red Eye Collection. From booking to photos Oscar and Alicia were so accommodating and professional. Their experience and familiarity with SF City Hall was a definite benefit as they not only helped with photos but was also coaching us throughout the whole wedding license application and ceremony portions as well. My husband and my's works schedule is a little crazy and Oscar was so flexible letting us chat later than I would expect any company would want to chat. He gave us clear directions to follow and meet up with Alicia on our special day.

Having Alicia shoot us was amazing. Right away, she made us feel comfortable and again, helped us get through the license portion seamlessly. Once we began shooting couple photos after, I could tell from all her experience at the Hall that we were going to get as much bang for our buck as possible. She had a clear plan to utilize all the different floors of city hall and knew where the best lighting would be for the time of day we got married. First off, let me just say that I am aware that I have terrible posture and for the first picture, Alicia was telling me to arch my back. I LOVED that she called me out for the sake of getting the best photos! I told her keep reminding me (since I know myself) and she sure did! I appreciate that she kept reminding me throughout the entire shoot bc it gave me confidence that the photos would be the best possible. She was so efficient with all the poses we took, but still patient (waiting for people to get out of the background, etc) to make sure we always got the best shot. We just got our photos back and we love how many shots we have to choose from!

Thanks Alicia and Oscar!!

Melinda · Married on 12/06/2017

My husband and I used Red Eye to photograph our recent wedding ceremony at the SF City Hall. We chose the 1 hr city hall package and I was a little nervous that the pictures would feel rushed. Oscar was so great from the second we met him on the day of the ceremony. He knows the City Hall like the back of his hand and knew exactly where to tell us to go to make things go as smooth as possible before, during and after the ceremony. Best of all the pictures that we got back exactly two weeks after our ceremony were better than we could've even imagined. If we had to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing!

BTW if you bring family or friends to the ceremony and choose the 1 hr option, be aware that Red Eye may ask your guests to stay behind after the ceremony while majority of your pictures are taken with just you and your new partner. We nor our guests had any issue with this and it totally makes sense to ensure that you get the most out of your time frame but it just wasn't something we thought about. Luckily for us there was a vendor craft fair in the City Hall that day so our guests went and browsed the items while our photos were taken.

Red Eye Collection 11
    Red Eye Collection 12

Sarah · Married on 11/01/2017

I cannot say enough about how wonderful our experience with Oscar was. He not only took the most lovely photos of our City Hall civil ceremony, but also helped guide us through the process as he knows it well! He was so much help and such a professional. He truly goes above and beyond. He suggested wonderful locations for our outdoor photos as well. I very highly recommend Red Eye Collection!

Red Eye Collection 13
    Red Eye Collection 14

Marsha · Married on 09/30/2017

Oscar was very responsive with our email communications, so the booking process was a breeze. He scheduled a call with us two days before the wedding to let us know what to expect in terms of the timeline as well as where to meet Alicia, our photographer. Even though the call was less than 5 minutes, it gave me all the logistical information I needed to plan for. I had over 20 guests (which is a big party given that we were not renting out the rotunda of City Hall), and I wanted to make sure no one was running loose before, during, or after the ceremony.

On the day of the ceremony, Alicia was nothing short of wonderful. She was an expert in navigating City Hall, and made sure our check-in, ceremony, group photos, and couple photos went smoothly. She basically assumed the dual role of photographer and day of coordinator. For the ceremony, she promptly placed all 20+ guests in a nice semicircle around us. She was even patient with my relatives who insisted on taking photos with their own personal cameras and phones. One thing I regret is not telling my guests ahead of time to limit their personal photo-taking, since nothing ruins a ceremony photo more than a guest caught taking a picture with their phone in the background.

As a fellow female, she understands the importance of hair and dress placement, and would help adjust my hair and dress whenever it wasn't picture perfect. She knew the best spots for photos, knew how to pose us for the best shots, and didn't blink about going over the hour we paid (our group and family photos took longer than normal since I had a lot of guests). I'm not sure how she did it, but she was even able to capture a group photo of everyone where every single person looked good (even the babies were looking in the right direction)!

Robyn · Married on 09/01/2017

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our experience with Oscar. He is truly an expert. More like a magician! We are still in awe of how two clueless, awkward, not very photogenic love birds like us now have pictures worthy of a bridal magazine! And the thing is, we felt like that's what was happening the whole time. His expertise put us immediately at ease. He knew how to find the light, how we should stand, where my husband's hand should go, fixed my hair and veil and dress to lay properly - it was so clear he perfectly understood literally every aspect of this process. He knows the ins and outs of City Hall so well that in the midst of a bustling, crazed, people-filled place he managed to capture us in quiet, intimate moments. I could go on and on about Oscar but I'll just say this: If you want one less thing to worry about on your wedding day (and you do), if you want to be able to *know* that at least one thing on your most special day is going to be exactly what you want and you don't have to do anything else for it to be perfect, then you're going to hire Oscar. It's that simple.

Krystle · Married on 05/19/2017

Red Eye Collection is an amazing company and I highly recommend them! Hiring a company that specialized in shots at City Hall and throughout the city was very important to us. From the beginning, Oscar was really a pleasure to work with. He was always responsive to all the questions that I had and even met with me at our reception venue to address some concerns I had about space and constantly put me at ease.

They work like a well oiled machine and it's understandable because they are in high demand and I can see why! Alicia was our day-of photographer and she was equally a pleasure to work with. From the morning to the end of the night she was super sweet and attentive and never pushy. She was responsive to our taste and really picked up on what we wanted and were going for in terms of pictures. She kept the day moving along and even had patience with myself and my husband since we were exhausted and HATE taking pictures. So you can imagine that we were both quickly over the whole "posing" process mid-day. But, she stuck it through and I'm so happy she did because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE our pictures and all the shots she was able to get.

We also booked their photo booth and it was the best because their unique open air booths allow you to shoot in all kinds of settings! We didn't need a background/screen in the back and were limited on space so an actual bulky booth where ppl would have to squish into would not have worked in our scenario. Their option was PERFECT for our whiskey room booth conversion and their props were also the best. Even the photo booth pictures came out awesome!

They are truly a talented bunch and you WILL NOT REGRET hiring them. Thank you Alicia and Oscar for capturing our special day and the amazing memories for us to keep!

~ Krystle & Kyler

Jessica · Married on 10/27/2016

Oscar is AMAZING! We had our wedding at City Hall SF. Oscar not only is extremely professional, but knows the ins and outs of City Hall which completely takes away the stress and unknown. He makes you feel comfortable when taking photos and is great at directing family and friends. He has a great eye for architecture and photo composure. I would highly recommend him! We love our photos!

Michael · Married on 06/20/2016

We live in Atlanta, Georgia, but we recently got married at San Francisco City Hall. At the very last minute, I decided I wanted a photographer to capture the special day. I contacted several photographers who ended up being available, but ultimately decided on Oscar Urizar. With Oscar you'll get personality, organization, thoughtfulness, efficiency, punctuality and talent. He knew the ins and outs of City Hall, making it stress free for us so that we could enjoy the moment in that beautiful space. He knows where to take you for the great light and beautiful shots. He is patient and has an eye for detail. Our pictures are more than we ever hoped for, and Oscar is more than you could want in a photographer. Excellent. Other than getting married, choosing Oscar was the best decision we made!

Tasha · Married on 09/26/2015

Oscar was second to none. We are so thankful we decided to book a professional photographer for our simple City hall elopement! Even though our day was far less extravagant than most weddings are, Oscar made sure to capture our day with excellence. He picked out two amazingly beautiful second locations for us and even drove us there (since we are from Canada and didn't have a vehicle). We were very impressed with the level of service he provided not to mention the quality of photos. He also got the photos back to us quicker than expected which was another pleasant surprise. Highly recommend Red Eye Photography to anyone considering a city hall photographer.

Red Eye Collection 15

Hiring a photographer for your wedding is extremely stressful. You hear horror stories about photographers who didn't have any vision, or who didn't know what they were doing, or weren't responsive, etc. So, my wife and I spent a very long time (and lots of effort) finding the right photographer for our wedding. I can say, without a doubt, that our work paid off big time.

Unfortunately, I can't leave a full review here (due to text limitations). So, for a full review, see:

All in all, Oscar is great. You'd be wrong to not consider hiring him as your photographer. He'll do whatever it takes to make you wedding day go great - and, just as importantly, the pictures he'll take will be perfect.

Annie · Married on 05/23/2015

Oscar was amazing! He traveled to the Central Coast with us and was extremely flexible in working with the locations we liked, even though he wasn't super familiar with that area. All of the spots Oscar identified were amazing for our engagement photos! We had so many that we loved, it was too difficult to select just one for our save the dates! We can't say enough good things about our experience with Oscar. He's got a great eye for shots and we couldn't be happier with our engagement session!

Heather · Married on 08/30/2014

We were referred to Oscar by our friend who also used his skills for her wedding day. We got engagement photos done with Oscar a few months before the wedding which was a really great way to get to know him and to also see his amazing style. We were amazed first by how beautiful our engagement photos turned out which we turned into a photo book (displayed at the wedding). On our wedding day Oscar and his partner were at the hotel before I was! While my make up was being applied he was shooting and his partner was taking all the essential pictures of my dress, shoes, etc and I wasn't even aware of that until I looked at the pictures later. Then his partner ran over to our house to get shots of the boys getting ready and Oscar stayed with me. I also have to note that Oscar picked our engagement photo shoot spot and our first look spot. Trust me YOU CAN TRUST HIM. Since this is his job and he obviously loves it you can rest assured that he has seen it all. We had our first look before the wedding and then went to some amazing locations that he knew of around where we were getting married to get some more beautiful shots. After we got married he rallied all those needed (away from the crowd) and took our formal family and wedding party group shots. We also wanted a picture with EVERY guest during our receiving line which was complicated and misunderstood by our coordinators and Oscar got everything reorganized quickly and we were able to quickly get this done which was very important to my husband and I. We also opted for the love booth which is a must in my opinion. Oscar and his partner organized my photo book station (for the photo booth) much better than I had originally planned and I went home with an amazing photo book of all my friends acting very silly on our wedding day. I could go on and on about how wonderful my experience with Oscar was but most importantly I want you to know that he is PROFESSIONAL, ON TIME, CARING, HAS AN AMAZING EYE, and ORGANIZED.

Kasina · Married on 08/09/2013

Oscar was the photographer for our August 2013 wedding in San Francisco city hall and he was amazing! He was professional and also very helpful in planning and on our big day - we got all the wedding pictures we wanted (from the ceremony, of our wedding guests and party, around the city and at our reception) and they are all beautiful! He knew what he was doing, what we wanted and how to make it all happen at a very reasonable price. We really couldn't be happier with Oscar and would certainly recommend his services to anyone getting married in the Bay Area!

Christine · Married on 07/27/2013

I chose Red Eye for a variety reasons, but the main on being the quality of photos. Several friends/acquaintences used them for engagement/wedding/baby photos. We had them shoot our wedding in Lake Tahoe. Both Oscar and Dino were great to work with. A few of my bridal party got to preview some of the photos and they said they looked amazing. I can't wait to see them!