Recreation Park 18 Golf Course Reviews

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 4
Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 5

Eduardo Renteria · Getting married on 02/01/2021

Perfectoo!

Everything was prepared in time and as planned.

Sent on 11/09/2019
  • Kristin

Kristin Wright · Getting married on 03/28/2020

So far so great!

Our wedding isn't until next year but so far Rec Park has been AMAZING to work with. I can't wait to continue the process and get married there!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course's reply:

Thanks Kristin, we are having fun with you too!! We can't believe your wedding day is RIGHT around the corner now!
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 12/08/2019

Simple and great communication!

We chose this venue because it was local and has a beautiful outdoor ceremony, cocktail hour area, and spacious reception room! It also has a gorgeous bridal suite (rare to find all in one place). Plus they had a great package deal! Tawnya and Julian responded to every question I had right away and helped me out so much through out the process of my wedding! Tawnya was there the day of and made me feel so calm, comfortable, and excited and helped organize so much for me especially the ceremony! The food was great and their staff for the night was incredible and so kind! Highly recommend this place for your wedding!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 6
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 12
    Sent on 12/15/2019

Karen Salazar · Married on 12/04/2019

Amazingly Beautiful

Super Friendly made it very simple for us and Beautiful outside ceremony. LOVED IT!!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 13
    Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Jocelyn

Jocelyn Jenkins · Married on 10/12/2019

Loved having our Wedding here!

We looked at over 10 venues before choosing Recreation Park 18 Golf Course. Once we saw it we knew it had everything we wanted!

We had our wedding ceremony & reception here on 10/12/19. The planning process with Juliann was fairly simple & everything came together perfectly. We even had some special requests that she accommodated. They have group tastings so you can sample different menu choices. We went with a plated choice of Tri-Tip or chicken & received a lot of praise after the wedding for how great the food was. We also did late night snacks that were delicious as well. The staff were very friendly & helpful.

The outside ceremony at the gazebo was very pretty & perfect for photos. The cocktail hour area is a very cute patio with lights strung across, just enough space for our guests to mingle & enjoy the bar/appetizers. The reception room has a beautiful high ceiling with barn style wooden beams which went great with our rustic wedding. Good sized dance floor & fireplace right by where we had our sweetheart table. There was a small grooms room for the guys to get dressed & hang out. Upstairs they have a bridal suite that is gorgeous with big mirrors, couch/chairs & a private restroom.
    We are very happy that we chose Rec Park for our big day, everything really did turn out beautiful! I feel like it’s a hidden gem in Long Beach & I’m surprised that we haven’t had any of our friends or family use this venue before. We would definitely recommend it to any couples looking for a great local venue.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 14
    Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Day Ever!

My husband and I checked out many venues in and around our area for our big wedding event. We knew that we INSTANTLY loved Recreation Park 18 Golf Course for their gorgeous gazebo out in the garden and picturesque views on the lush green golf course surrounded by palm trees... not to mention the rustic, vintage feel of the reception hall. Additionally, no other venue came close to their pricing and amenities! In the end, we picked Rec Park for our event and we were SO glad we did! Juliann and Tawnya were so helpful and made it all so easy. Not to mention, the vendors that we selected off their recommended list also were absolutely amazing! Everything was perfect and it was the BEST day ever! I have since recommended Recreation Park 18 Golf Course to a few friends for their weddings. Thank you to the team! You are the best!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 21
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 22
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 23
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 24
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 25
    Sent on 09/11/2019

Jen M. · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

This was the most amazing venue, it was beautiful, staff were so helpful, and the price was amazing. I would not change a thing about it! Thank you Rec Park for a great wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course's reply:

You are SO welcome my dear!! We couldn't have had a better time planning the big day with you:) xoxo
  • Kati

Kati Hartman · Married on 06/16/2019

Excellent venue and staff

Excellent place to have a wedding. The event coordinator, Juliann, is amazing to work with- she met with us multiple times before the event and was able to accommodate a few special requests that we had. The space itself is gorgeous- outdoor ceremony area at a gazebo with beautiful flowers, outdoor patio area with lights and green wall to create some privacy, and the reception room has a fireplace, exposed wooden beams, chandeliers, and tapestry- very minimal additional decoration needed for a simple wedding. The food on site was also top notch- our guests kept commenting on how good the food was and we definitely felt that way as well! The entire experience from start to finish was incredible and Rec Park 18 helped make it so special!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Devoe · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful wedding in a beautiful setting

Juliann, Tawnya, and the entire team at Recreation Park 18 were amazing to work with. My initial phone call to Juliann was met with enthusiasm for the potential to work together and immediate interest in my concerns, questions, and who my husband and I are as a couple. Every detail was considered and it was clear from the start that our wedding was going to reflect us and not a package provided by the venue. Our wedding was perfect because Juliann, Tawnya and their team helped to make it -our- perfect day!

During the planning process, we were also invited to the venue for wedding shows and for food tasting. Having these two events available during our wedding planning allowed us to see what the venue could look like and how we wanted to decorate it and use the space on the big day. I was confident every step of the planning process that every detail would be looked after and we all would have a wonderful time.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 26
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 33
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 34
    Sent on 07/26/2019

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course's reply:

Awww thank you for all your kind words Kelsey!! You were an absolute dream to work with and we still can't get over how beautiful everything turned out! We miss you xoxo :)

Alicia Heeg · Married on 05/23/2019

100% Amazing!

Julianne and the entire staff were amazing start to finish! The venue itself is like something out of a fairytale! Amazing inside and out! The food was wonderful too! Everyone said so! I have nothing but love for this place and the amazing staff that work here

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 35
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 36
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 37
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Herman M · Married on 03/30/2019

Unforgettable!

Many of my close friends have celebrated their wedding here (ceremony and reception) and we have always had very positive experiences as guests. My wife and I planned on this location since Juliann and Vanessa have become well-acquainted with us. We were not disappointed. They made the planning process smooth easy and we would always recommend this venue as 1st choice !

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/10/2018

Excellent venue with professional and courteous staff.

We had ourNovember 10th wedding here. Juliann and Vanessa were great, helpful, and accommodated every request. Our ceremony was great, the food tasty, and the service was impeccable. This venue was perfect for our mid size wedding. It has a rustic charm. The staff at Park Rex are pros and pulled off our wedding flawlessly.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Miriam · Married on 10/13/2018

My Wedding Day was Amazing!

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I immediately fell in love with the wooden ceiling. Juliann and Vanessa were so easy to work with. All my emails were answered in a promptly manner, that’s another reason why my husband and I chose this place. The communication was perfect. Our wedding day was amazing, and the staff was super helpful.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Crystal · Married on 07/14/2018

I love Rec Park. The deciding factor for me was that RecPark is all inclusive. From the ceremony location to reception location, to food, linens, and cake. You cant go wrong. Also, Juliann is so sweet and helps you understand all the little pieces from packages to deadlines. I'm so happy that my fiancee and I chose Rec Park for our July wedding!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

Great experience!

My husband and I loved having our wedding here! The gazebo was a perfect backdrop for our ceremony and working with Juliann was such a blessing. She was so helpful and helped us work within our budget. Our guests loved the venue and the appetizers too! I definitely recommend hosting your wedding here.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Patricia · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our wedding at Rec Park on May 12th and couldn't be more pleased with the way everything turned out. From the moment we met Juliann, we knew that we wanted to work with her and her team. A big reason we selected this venue was related to Juliann's communication, her responsiveness to our questions, and the personal approach she took throughout each step of the planning. She addressed all of our concerns, was insightful and helpful, and she never tried to persuade us when making any decisions. All of the staff were wonderful, professional, and accommodating throughout the planning and execution of our wedding day. Myra was the day-of coordinator and made sure everything was handled including the bride and groom being well taken care from the ceremony until the end of the night. She made sure we had drinks and food and that all of our needs were met. We purchased the BBQ buffet and it was fantastic! The vegetarian/vegan option was also well liked. The chef was very committed to our experience from tasting to delivery. We received so many compliments on the food and the presentation was beautiful. I was also very impressed with the "getting ready" food options for the bridal suite and groom's room--I would definitely recommend purchasing these. Our wedding day met all of our expectations and beyond. We are so happy we selected Rec Park as our venue and would give our highest recommendation to any couple trying to make the difficult decision of selecting the "right" location for a memorable day.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 38
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 39
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 40
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 41
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 42
    Sent on 06/04/2018

P · Married on 05/11/2018

We had our wedding at Rec Park on May 12th and couldn't be more pleased with the way everything turned out. From the moment we met Juliann, we knew that we wanted to work with her and her team. A big reason we selected this venue was related to Juliann's communication, her responsiveness to our questions, and the personal approach she took throughout each step of the planning. She addressed all of our concerns, was insightful and helpful, and she never tried to persuade us when making any decisions. All of the staff were wonderful, professional, and accommodating throughout the planning and execution of our wedding day. Myra was the banquet manager and made sure everything was handled including the bride and groom being well taken care from the ceremony until the end of the night. She made sure we had drinks and food and that all of our needs were met. We purchased the BBQ buffet and it was fantastic! The vegetarian/vegan option was also well liked. The chef was very committed to our experience from tasting to delivery. We received so many compliments on the food and the presentation was beautiful. I was also very impressed with the "getting ready" food options for the bridal suite and groom's room--I would definitely recommend purchasing these. Our wedding day met all of our expectations and beyond. We are so happy we selected Rec Park as our venue and would give our highest recommendation to any couple trying to make the difficult decision of selecting the "right" location for a memorable day.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Jeniece · event on: 05/04/2018

We so enjoyed working with Juliann and the staff at Big Recreation Park 18. We had a charity golf and banquet event that ran perfectly. The food was very good and the venue looked lovely. We will definitely recommend your facility to others.

Sent on 05/16/2018

Michelle · event on: 12/30/2017

This review is based on my experience planning my engagement at Recreation Park Golf Course 18. My family and I worked closely with Juliann and Nalysia, who were always helpful and available to answer our questions. They also did an excellent job at accommodating any of our request the best they could. Planning events can be stressful, but it is a peace of mind when you trust the people putting it together. This was not my family's first event here, and something tells me it won't be our last. Two years ago, we also had my college graduation party here, and it was equally wonderful!

Through out the evening of my engagement party I heard from countless family members and friends how beautiful everything looked. This venue is really something magical, with its high ceilings, beautiful draping, and enchanting chandeliers! The patio area is also really nice, but unfortunately we didn't have the warmest of weather in the evening so I don't believe the patio was used as much as it could or would have been on another day with warmer weather. We had 98 people attend our party and everyone fit perfectly! The banquet staff did an fantastic job with our buffet and helping the whole evening go smoothly. Everything went just as planned, and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

The ceremony site at Recreation Park is hands down the most beautiful site of all the different venues we viewed in the Long Beach area. It was the most intimate and breathtaking! The Cocktail Hour area was one of a kind and romantic... guests absolutely loved the twinkle lights on the patio. The reception was classic... the wood beams with the beautiful draping needed no extra dressing up. It was easy for my fiance and I to imagine our wedding here! Juliann and Nalysia were PERFECT and made sure that our vision was translated to our actual wedding day! They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and calm all throughout the planning process. I can't say enough about how exceptional my wedding was!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 43
    Sent on 10/30/2017

Lizbeth · Married on 10/20/2017

Absolutely love the Rec 18! Juliann was a pleasure to work with. We loved the patio cocktail setup. And OMG, the drapeing and light fixtures were so beautiful. It had a vintage style which is what we were looking for.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Cindy · Married on 08/27/2017

I LOVED everything about this venue! I got married here on 8/27/17 and I cant imagine being married anywhere else. Starting off with the bridal suite, how amazing is that! My girlfriends and I had wine enjoyed ourselves all while getting ready for my big day. Moving onto the gazebo, I held my ceremony there and could have not envisioned it any other way. Gazebo was surrounded by beautiful flowers and there was some sort of bushes surrounding the area creating walls, so the privacy was a major plus for me. Now, the ballroom is completely stunning! The wood detailing and the chandeliers, it has the perfect rustic/romantic feel to it which was what I was looking for. As far as a venue its beautiful all on its own without any of my praises but customer service is where it counts. Juliann & Nalysia went above and beyond to answer any of my questions/concerns, they were diligent. They made my wedding planning and wedding day run smoothly, I would have never thought it would be as easy as it was. I recommend this venue and these girls to everyone! My guest, one month after my wedding, keep talking about the food, the service, and the venue itself!

Sent on 09/29/2017

Nicolle · Married on 08/12/2017

Hi Julianne,
    This is Nicolle, maid of honor of the wedding this past weekend.. On behalf of Andrea & Ray, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for everything !! You and your staff did an amazing job on Saturday and throughout the whole planning of Andrea & Rays wedding!! Everything turned out so beautiful, everyone enjoyed themselves and it was such a memorable event.

Thank you ! Thank you ! Liking forward to working with you again in th future !

Sent on 08/16/2017

Shonette · Married on 07/07/2017

I love this place they made me feel like a Queen the food was great the location was nice .and d the food was a great quality.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 44
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 45
    Sent on 10/09/2017

Aileen · Married on 06/10/2017

Very reasonable price. All stuffs are helpful. Food is very good !!!!

Sent on 09/29/2017