Recreation Park 18 Golf Course Reviews

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 6
Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 7
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/10/2018

Excellent venue with professional and courteous staff.

We had ourNovember 10th wedding here. Juliann and Vanessa were great, helpful, and accommodated every request. Our ceremony was great, the food tasty, and the service was impeccable. This venue was perfect for our mid size wedding. It has a rustic charm. The staff at Park Rex are pros and pulled off our wedding flawlessly.

Miriam · Married on 10/13/2018

My Wedding Day was Amazing!

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! I immediately fell in love with the wooden ceiling. Juliann and Vanessa were so easy to work with. All my emails were answered in a promptly manner, that’s another reason why my husband and I chose this place. The communication was perfect. Our wedding day was amazing, and the staff was super helpful.

Crystal · Married on 07/14/2018

I love Rec Park. The deciding factor for me was that RecPark is all inclusive. From the ceremony location to reception location, to food, linens, and cake. You cant go wrong. Also, Juliann is so sweet and helps you understand all the little pieces from packages to deadlines. I'm so happy that my fiancee and I chose Rec Park for our July wedding!

Rebecca · Married on 05/26/2018

Great experience!

My husband and I loved having our wedding here! The gazebo was a perfect backdrop for our ceremony and working with Juliann was such a blessing. She was so helpful and helped us work within our budget. Our guests loved the venue and the appetizers too! I definitely recommend hosting your wedding here.

Patricia · Married on 05/12/2018

We had our wedding at Rec Park on May 12th and couldn't be more pleased with the way everything turned out. From the moment we met Juliann, we knew that we wanted to work with her and her team. A big reason we selected this venue was related to Juliann's communication, her responsiveness to our questions, and the personal approach she took throughout each step of the planning. She addressed all of our concerns, was insightful and helpful, and she never tried to persuade us when making any decisions. All of the staff were wonderful, professional, and accommodating throughout the planning and execution of our wedding day. Myra was the day-of coordinator and made sure everything was handled including the bride and groom being well taken care from the ceremony until the end of the night. She made sure we had drinks and food and that all of our needs were met. We purchased the BBQ buffet and it was fantastic! The vegetarian/vegan option was also well liked. The chef was very committed to our experience from tasting to delivery. We received so many compliments on the food and the presentation was beautiful. I was also very impressed with the "getting ready" food options for the bridal suite and groom's room--I would definitely recommend purchasing these. Our wedding day met all of our expectations and beyond. We are so happy we selected Rec Park as our venue and would give our highest recommendation to any couple trying to make the difficult decision of selecting the "right" location for a memorable day.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 8
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 9
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 10
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 11
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 12

P · Married on 05/11/2018

We had our wedding at Rec Park on May 12th and couldn't be more pleased with the way everything turned out. From the moment we met Juliann, we knew that we wanted to work with her and her team. A big reason we selected this venue was related to Juliann's communication, her responsiveness to our questions, and the personal approach she took throughout each step of the planning. She addressed all of our concerns, was insightful and helpful, and she never tried to persuade us when making any decisions. All of the staff were wonderful, professional, and accommodating throughout the planning and execution of our wedding day. Myra was the banquet manager and made sure everything was handled including the bride and groom being well taken care from the ceremony until the end of the night. She made sure we had drinks and food and that all of our needs were met. We purchased the BBQ buffet and it was fantastic! The vegetarian/vegan option was also well liked. The chef was very committed to our experience from tasting to delivery. We received so many compliments on the food and the presentation was beautiful. I was also very impressed with the "getting ready" food options for the bridal suite and groom's room--I would definitely recommend purchasing these. Our wedding day met all of our expectations and beyond. We are so happy we selected Rec Park as our venue and would give our highest recommendation to any couple trying to make the difficult decision of selecting the "right" location for a memorable day.

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

The ceremony site at Recreation Park is hands down the most beautiful site of all the different venues we viewed in the Long Beach area. It was the most intimate and breathtaking! The Cocktail Hour area was one of a kind and romantic... guests absolutely loved the twinkle lights on the patio. The reception was classic... the wood beams with the beautiful draping needed no extra dressing up. It was easy for my fiance and I to imagine our wedding here! Juliann and Nalysia were PERFECT and made sure that our vision was translated to our actual wedding day! They went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and calm all throughout the planning process. I can't say enough about how exceptional my wedding was!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 13

Lizbeth · Married on 10/20/2017

Absolutely love the Rec 18! Juliann was a pleasure to work with. We loved the patio cocktail setup. And OMG, the drapeing and light fixtures were so beautiful. It had a vintage style which is what we were looking for.

Cindy · Married on 08/27/2017

I LOVED everything about this venue! I got married here on 8/27/17 and I cant imagine being married anywhere else. Starting off with the bridal suite, how amazing is that! My girlfriends and I had wine enjoyed ourselves all while getting ready for my big day. Moving onto the gazebo, I held my ceremony there and could have not envisioned it any other way. Gazebo was surrounded by beautiful flowers and there was some sort of bushes surrounding the area creating walls, so the privacy was a major plus for me. Now, the ballroom is completely stunning! The wood detailing and the chandeliers, it has the perfect rustic/romantic feel to it which was what I was looking for. As far as a venue its beautiful all on its own without any of my praises but customer service is where it counts. Juliann & Nalysia went above and beyond to answer any of my questions/concerns, they were diligent. They made my wedding planning and wedding day run smoothly, I would have never thought it would be as easy as it was. I recommend this venue and these girls to everyone! My guest, one month after my wedding, keep talking about the food, the service, and the venue itself!

Nicolle · Married on 08/12/2017

Hi Julianne,
    This is Nicolle, maid of honor of the wedding this past weekend.. On behalf of Andrea & Ray, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for everything !! You and your staff did an amazing job on Saturday and throughout the whole planning of Andrea & Rays wedding!! Everything turned out so beautiful, everyone enjoyed themselves and it was such a memorable event.

Thank you ! Thank you ! Liking forward to working with you again in th future !

Shonette · Married on 07/07/2017

I love this place they made me feel like a Queen the food was great the location was nice .and d the food was a great quality.

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 14
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 15

Aileen · Married on 06/10/2017

Very reasonable price. All stuffs are helpful. Food is very good !!!!

• Victoria

Victoria · Married on 05/26/2017

We had our ceremony and Reception at Recreation Golf course and LOVED it. We knew we wanted to get married in our home city so and this was the first place we looked and it was conveniently the closest to our home. We had the best experience from day one. When we first arrived to check out this venue I was really impressed by the beautiful Gazebo where we would have our ceremony, Once we walked around more and saw the cocktail hour area and Ballroom we fell in love with this place. It was gorgeous, had a vintage feel that we loved but was not over the top, which is not our style. It felt just right for us. The bridal suite was a HUGE plus to why we booked here as well. A few months after we booked the event director we booked with left and Juliann Harkness filled the position. I must give by biggest compliments and thanks yous to her for getting all of our wedding details organized. She did this with such ease and was so pleasant to work with.Our wedding day went on with one hitch!!! It was the perfect day that we all hope for. I mean to feel like planning a wedding wasn't very stressful is the biggest compliment to everyone. The food was great and we got many compliments on the service of the bartender. I wish we could do all over again!

Steve · Married on 05/13/2017

We could not have been happier with the way out reception went. Staff and food were both eccellent!

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 16

Michael · Married on 05/06/2017

My son was married at this venue just last weekend and everything was just beautiful. Julianne worked with us on everything and we were thrilled with all of her attentiveness. The outdoor ceremony was absolutely beautiful. The yard where it was held was perfect, neat, well gardened. My son and his bride wanted BBQ, so they had a buffet of Tri Tip, Pulled Pork, corn on the cob, roasted potatoes and salad. The food was outstanding!!! I had so many people come up to me and ask where we got the food from. I even have one nephew say he wants his next year's wedding there just because of the food. I highly recommend Long Beach Big Rec Golf course for you wedding.

Michael · Married on 05/06/2017

After searching more than 10 venues for our wedding, my wife and I found Recreation Park. Immediately we fell in love. The wedding site is right out of a bridal magazine and the reception site is gorgeous as well. Almost every guest came up to us during the wedding and complimented us on how beautiful the wedding and reception were. They had no idea that my wife and I were working on a shoe string budget. There are tons of beautiful wedding venues out there, what really makes the wedding is a staff that can make the event beautiful and hassle free. As soon as we met Juliann, we knew we were in good hands. She has this ability to put my wife's nerves at ease and explain everything thoroughly. She never once got frustrated working with our tight budget and did everything she could to give my wife the wedding of her dreams. She went above and beyond and we will never forget that. If you are wondering where to have your wedding, look no further. Amazing night, hassle free, budget friendly and memories that will last a lifetime. Thank you Juliann and staff for a night we will remember forever.

• Mrs. Hutchinson

Shannon · Married on 03/25/2017

The reason I picked this venue from the start was because of their communication! Right off the bat they responded to my initial email within 24hrs. With more than 3/4 of my questions leaning in my favor I had to schedule an appointment to meet in person! When I meet with the event manger she was friendly, kind, easy to talk to and did not push the venue down my throat like many other venues I had looked at. Needless to say, it fit like a glove! We booked the space!! Throughout the planning process, Recreation Park was always there to ask our questions in a timely manner and work with my vision to make it a reality! I highly recommend checking this place out, its a great bang for your buck!!!

Mikal · Married on 03/10/2017

They are super easy to work with and really focus on the needs of the couple. As a vendor, we loved that they are aware of our needs to help the clients. Highest recommendations for their services. Looking forward to working with you guys again soon.
    www.lokitm.com

• O

Olive · Married on 10/29/2016

We celebrated our daughter’s sweet 16th bday party herein October 2016. Love the venue! You have the place all to yourself. They have a bridal suite or changing area with bathroom for your private party. Plenty of free parking spaces(very important). Beautiful bar area. Love the back open patio area where we put some cocktail tables & couches & photo booth too! We decorated the place really nice. (Ria’s sweets & Caterer). We were happy with the food. My party coordinator Ria did a fabulous job with the decorations & dessert table(plus chocolate fountain in pink!). Staff were all friendly & helpful. Overall, it was great. I continue to recommend this place to others. In fact we are having our next work Xmas party there this year! :)

Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 17
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 24
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 25
    Recreation Park 18 Golf Course 26

Jazmin · Married on 09/02/2016

Overall an amazing experience, & with the help of Shelby & her assistant they made the process so much easier and less stressing :) I would love to relive that experience at the beautiful venue

• LizzyC

Elizabeth · Married on 04/15/2016

While I didn't end up booking here (it was my second choice) I had to leave a review for the amazing service and experience they provided. I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews about a woman named Dori, and I actually had a similar poor experience with her. I gave them a second try and they've recently changed directors and the new girl, Katelyn, is AWESOME. She is so nice, helpful, and very willing to work with budgetary issues, which I found refreshing.

The ceremony space is gorgeous, reception venue was recently re-draped, and very lovely as well. Not to mention ladies, they have a KILLER bridal suite. Seriously, I almost booked there just because of that. In the end, I felt my guest list was a little too high and didn't want everyone to squeeze, or else I would have booked there. Highly recommend!

We planned our wedding last minute. We only had two months to prepare and very tight budget. Fortunately, we found Recreation Park and Golf Course 18. Our coordinator and her assistant was very helpful and they followed our budget. We mostly communicated through email but still everything worked out smoothly. The packages they have are very reasonable and worth the money! The place is beautiful! The banquet hall has new drapings and it made the area look very classy. It did not really need much decorations. Also,the bride en suite is newly renovated and is great for photos. Also, the garden and gazebo looked really pretty. The cocktail area at night with bistro lights was very romantic. :) About the food, we had italian buffet and there were so much food and it was very tasty. All in all, I would recommend this place. :) Thank you for making our wedding memorable!

Brittnie · Married on 09/27/2015

Had my wedding and reception here at Review Recreation Park Golf Course. It was everything I ever dreamed of. The staff were amazing, the set up was amazing, and the food was amazing! Everything was just AMAZING! The wedding planner Katelyn was just great with ensuring all my needs were met and when Shelby came in she was just as great. Thank you all for a great wedding day.

Anna · Married on 08/30/2015

My fiance and I pretty much looked at every venue in Southern California. Most were beautiful but WAY over priced and not remotely worth the cost. We were getting very discouraged when we stumbled upon Recreation Park Golf Course. As soon as we walked in, we got really great vibes and just knew this was the place. Then we went over pricing and almost fell out of our seats, it was so cheap! It seemed to good to be true but it was indeed true! It was half the cost of the next cheapest place we had looked and much more beautiful and for filet mignon NOT chicken. We couldn't have been happier with the coordinator's customer service (Katelyn), the venue service, the food was delicious (we ended up having prime rib), the recommended vendors were fabulous, we could not have been happier. By far the best deal, for the best food, service and location.