Record Entertainment Reviews

Record Entertainment 4
Record Entertainment 5

Emily · Married on 09/29/2017

3.5

We loved working with the folks at record entertainment overall. Jennie was easy to work with, answered all of our questions, and made things go smoothly. Unfortunately, close to the wedding we had to be assigned another DJ after the first one was called up for national guard. The DJ we then got was very nice, but it sometimes felt like we were working on his schedule. We had to plan around his day job to meet with him, and in order to meet in person before the wedding we had to go down to fond du lac. We really liked the DJ's music selection during the wedding, but he was young and could use a bit more experience to become familiar with various wedding activities. He did a good job, but we were initially nervous to learn he had never done a dollar dance.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Emily,
    Thank you for you review regarding Alex T. - - -We are pleased to hear your overall experience was good. As you know, your original dj was deployed to assist hurricane victims on Florida about 3 weeks before your wedding, forcing our hand to reassign your wedding dj. This crunch may have lead to some of the scheduling issues on meeting etc.,. Regarding the "dollar-dance"---I am sorry he was not set for that, but happy he executed it for you nonetheless.
    We offer brides the option to meet in person in our office, via Skype or phone. Happy you liked the music selection as well. Thank you for working with us.

Gerry · Married on 11/14/2016

I have no advice for a couple. It is their choice.

Sent on 11/14/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/13/2016

I would recommend making sure the dj knows what you would like to hear or have happen. Once Tom Otte knew, he was more thanwilling to accommadte and make our wants happen.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Johnny ransom was awesome! The dance floor was packed the entire night of my wedding. Would highly recommend him!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Record Entertainment's reply:

Johnny has been with us over 25 years! He's like the Duracell Bunny he keeps going and going! Thanks and spread the word.
    Paul Millard
    Booking Manager

Scott · Married on 05/05/2018

3.8
      3.5

Johnny was very energetic and got everyone involved.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kim · Married on 09/19/2015

3.8
      3.0

The music and getting the guests involved was good and they did listen to our requests from the meeting prior to the wedding. There are a bunch of people at most weddings the bride and groom want to say a quick hi to. I found it incredibly upsetting when the experienced DJ made a snotty and rude comment to our photographer that we were to busy to dance and listen to the song that someone dedicated to them. We were out of the ballroom for about 30 minutes after our meal to talk with some of the guests during this time. I was surprised and disappointed this even happened, I expected better.

Sent on 04/09/2016

Record Entertainment's reply:

Kim, I'm disappointed to read this. Please accept our apologies for causing you any distress. This is duly noted and I am looking into this further so nothing like this can happen again. I appreciate so much your candid feedback. This can only make us better.

Rita · Married on 05/27/2017

3.6
      3.5

If you do not have a dependable dear friend or family member, who will DJ as his/her gift to you...then consider hiring a DJ. If certain songs are a "must play", then the DJ must guarantee that this will happen. It is a sizeable portion of a small event budget. Consider this. Tom Otte was our DJ, and, overall, we are pleased.

Sent on 05/31/2017

1.5
      2.5

We have always had good luck with Record Entertainment, but having younger DJ when hosting Proms or Homecoming seems to be more beneficial, because they seem to know a little more of what the kids enjoy to dance too. I felt that some of the music chosen many students did not recognize. Small communities are not big into rap, they want to dance!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Eric · Married on 10/13/2017

2.4
      1.5
      3.0

I really don't like giving bad reviews and Ronnie seemed like a really good guy but I just don't think he was the right fit for our wedding. Initially, getting a hold of him posed to be a challenge as he called me while I was at work but when I tried calling back less than an hour later, it was 2 days and another call on my part before he got back to me. He was flexible with general easy going friendly attitude when we were late to our appointment after my wife locked her keys in the car . He was taking notes and seemed to be understanding what we wanted as I had a list of "must play" songs both for eating and dancing. After contacting him requesting a few changes to the "must play" songs I thought we were set even though through texting he seemed confused and possibly annoyed at my request. There was a car crash and bad weather at our wedding which led to lots of confusion and a change up of some of the speeches so I'm not sure if this threw Ronnie off but things did not go as hoped. I don't know that he had a lot of control over the sound system at the Welsch Restaurant (food is good but I would not use this venue) but the sound system was terrible and no one could really hear the DJ despite him asking multiple times if people could hear. It was difficult to get peoples attention at multiple points of the night and again I know it was chaotic but we could have used a DJ that took charge a bit more because the whole crowd pretty much ignored him. Quite a few of the "must play" songs I specifically either gave Ronnie a list, or called/messaged him to play did not get played while things like one of the dance songs somehow got played during dinner, one of the dinner songs got played both during dinner and dance, and some dance songs got played twice until I pointed out that he already played it once. Despite everything that went wrong I had fun dancing my ass off to the songs I picked but sad to say Ronnie was not a perfect match for our wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Briana · Married on 09/14/2019

2.2
      1.0
      1.0

Poor attention to detail,customer service, and professionalism

DO.NOT.GO.CHEAP. This company basically "trains" kids/young adults to be DJs with one main point of contact in customer service/office. So you get someone random (they say they pair you with the results of a survey but i call BS on that) . The customer service lady is nice but very unorganized.
    I will not go into detail with her because that is just exhausting and no one really cares. Long story short, their customer service fell through hardcore with her as a customer service rep.

DJ review - our dj was nice, but not professional nor did he show any compassion for anything.

He met up with me 2 weeks before the wedding. I told him in our meeting that it is basically a free for all except on certain things. He made it very clear that he will send me an email with a recap of everything and with the exact songs he needed, game questions, times for everything etc. He told me he will have it sent by the end of this week.

He never emailed me... i literally contacted him 1 week before the wedding and asked for a follow up.

4 days before the wedding he sent me our recap of the wedding so i know EXACTLY what information he is missing and needing for the wedding. I went ahead and revised his schedule, made notes, added the games, etc. I printed everything out as a hardcopy, put it in a red folder and labeled it for the DJ.

i also emailed him the new copy but i decided to print them just in case, since i know his track record with emails. (if you are wondering why so close to the wedding, this is where the customer service fell through for me)

on the wedding day, when the DJ arrived at noon, my wedding planner handed him the red folder with all the notes. GUESS WHAT! the DJ did not bother to look inside of the red folder at all. WHO DOES THAT?!

1. he did not play the song i wanted to walk down to. i have NO idea what song he played. i am incredibly heartbroken on that, since that song i picked out was really special to me and it was the ONLY song i really cared about playing for the ceremony

2. He played horrible music during the reception and pronounced one of the groomsman's name wrong

3. We were about to start the bouquet toss, i went up to him and said " hey, before we start, i am going to the "BACKROOM" to wrangle up more people for this". He literally announced to the wedding that the bride will be going to the bathroom.... -_-

The DJ was made aware that he made a mistake in playing the wrong song for me down the aisle by my husband right after the ceremony but he NEVER confronted me, nor apologized.. knowing he messed up. that really irritated me.

this company says they will pair you with a good fit but i asked for someone older, professional, and funny. THIS DJ was literally none of those items... not funny, not professional and was young.

pay the extra 2-400 dollars and get an independent DJ.. or a small company where they only have a few DJs. When they have a lot of DJs, they don't care about the customer nor their quality of work. they just collect a paycheck and do the bare minimum. i do not recommend

Sent on 10/03/2019

Record Entertainment's reply:

Briana, I’m heartsick reading this review. Please accept our apologies, knowing an apology doesn’t feel like enough at this point. I’m shocked to read this as the dj we assigned has over 30 great reviews and is very experienced and has never had this kind of feedback. Please know we are looking into every point you’ve made and we will reach out to you personally.