Ray the DJ Reviews

Ray the DJ 5
Ray the DJ 6
Ray the DJ 7

Gina · Married on 10/10/2014

We hired Ray The DJ for our wedding, and we worked with Randall. It was so easy to work with them! They have a great online tool that lets you put all your songs right into your account, all your even details are listed there including payments, timeframe's, forms for you to fill out. It really made working with them very easy. We were able to meet with Randall a few months prior to our wedding date and were able to go through the types of music we wanted played, and Randall was able to get a feel for the type of wedding we were looking to have! We wanted everyone up dancing so we wanted to make sure we hit the different age groups that would be there. They were great to work with and delivered our ceremony music and reception music perfectly!

Sent on 11/14/2014

We love Ray so much! Ray is phenomenal, so much fun to be around, and truly the best in town. There is not one song he doesn't know and is great at picking music that suits every part of the evening. Thank you so much for being part of our big day and getting all of us to dance like crazy fools. You ROCK! Highly recommend to all who want to have the best time!

XO... Alicia and Grant C.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jeremy at Ray the DJ worked wonderfully with the multiple genres of music we wanted to play. We had a few different cultures to cover, and he did an amazing job at spreading these out throughout the reception. The online planner tool was super helpful, and Jeremy made himself available for phone calls to go over a timeline and schedule for the day of. We were not sure what we wanted to do for some aspects of the ceremony and reception, and he had wonderful suggestions that helped us choose. I highly recommend Jeremy at Ray the DJ, thank you so much for helping us create a fun reception!

Sent on 09/29/2014
  • User4198798 · 2+ years ago

Jeremy was our DJ and was great! He keep everything going on schedule and made sure we know what was going on. I really liked how we had an initial meeting with Jeremy and then one again a few weeks before the wedding. He helped us know what we needed to decide with the music and then made sure we had everything we wanted. During the reception he did a great job with keeping things light and being the MC for the night. Everyone loved the music selections.
    We especially liked the online system they use for us to the choose our songs for the introduction, first day, etc. It had pretty much any song you could think of with great recommendations for each category. We had a specific song we wanted to our first dance and they did not have it on their online list, but I just filled out what we wanted and Jeremy made sure he had it that day. You could also send out a link to have people request songs before the wedding, we did not use this but it is a great idea.
    This is a very good company and Jeremy was great to work with!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Michael · Married on 06/21/2014

First off, when we made our phone call to Ray the DJ services, the Breanna was so helpful with helping us select our DJ. She is great with communication and keeping us informed throughout the build-up to the big day!

As for Marcus (our DJ) there isn't enough good things I can say about him! Marcus was literally the life of the party! Now a lot of people would say that "hey that's his job" but Marcus went above and beyond! His innovations in keeping the fun going while we are getting through the buffet line, encouraging our tables to get up and dance before they make their way to the food! Such a creative way to help out the caterers from getting backed up!
    Once the reception started the music was on a constant flow and I'll tell you, no one wanted him to stop. Not to mention that we had a multi-cultural wedding. Marcus made the flow so smooth. My big ol' Mexican family loved that he was able to incorperate some Celia Cruz, Elvis Crespo, El Mariachi Loco and my wife loved that she got her Beyonce and plenty of Country Music! When dinner stopped, the dance floor was never empty!
    Marcus is so personable, gave us his personal cell phone to call him with anything we needed. Song request, he hit them all! Marcus from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! You are amazing at what you do! Thanks for making our day so fun and special!!
    -Mike and Lizzy

Sent on 07/11/2014

Our Dj was Gustavo and he is great. He worked very closely with my husband and me to get our authentic Cuban music. He got the party started and my entire guest really enjoyed themselves. I am so glad we got Ray the Dj/Gustavo because he really knows how to keep a party going. He was very flexible on meeting with us whenever we needed to talk over things and he took control of the whole night. We are very happy and satisfied that we picked him. We couldn’t have asked for a better Dj.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Awesome! This is actually the third family wedding that we have done through the company, one was my cousin and the other was my sister. They have done an exceptional job every time. My sister and I both had the DJ named Jeremy. He was AWESOME. He followed every request and suggestion that my husband and I had. He also did a great job reading the crowd and EVERYONE had a great time. I think it would be hard to keep the wedding entertainment classy yet fun. Jeremy made it seem easy. Thank you Jeremy!!!!!~Katie

Sent on 06/21/2014

Kathi · Married on 06/06/2014

Don't use ANYONE else! Trust me!
    Awesome in every way.
    If you are the Mother of the Bride as I was - you won't be sorry!!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

We had Jeremy as our DJ... All I can say is, Wow! He did an amazing job! Very personable and helpful! I highly recommend this company!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Valeria · Married on 05/17/2014

We really picked the perfect DJ for our wedding! The service was outstanding!!!

Sent on 05/25/2014

Molly · Married on 04/26/2014

Jeff at Ray the DJ was a great wedding DJ. I would choose this company over and over again. He did a great job emceeing without being overly involved (I loathe DJs who want to make the day about them) and he also was wonderful at making game time decisions in terms of playing certain requests or ignoring others based on how he felt they would go over with the crowd. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and I know that is due in large part to Jeff! He also was great to work with ahead of time - got all the information he needed from us to make sure everything was played that we wanted to hear and our do not play list was adhered to. He also did a great job pronouncing the bridal party's names, which is a big deal to me!

Sent on 07/02/2014

Karen · Married on 04/11/2014

Randy with Ray the DJ was perfect at our daughter's wedding! The wedding was at The Farm at South Mountain and he did the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing music just the way the bride and groom wanted it. We can't thank him enough...everyone had such a great time!!

Sent on 04/18/2014

Erin · Married on 04/05/2014

If we could, we would give James from Ray the DJ more than 5 stars! He was so awesome to work with. He met with us before the wedding to get an idea of what we like and we immediately liked him and knew our wedding was in good hands. My wedding attendees are still talking about how much fun the wedding was. James kept playing music that kept our wedding going. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a good time and checked up on myself and husband to make sure we were having fun and were being taken care of.

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 04/05/2014

Jeremy with Ray the DJ kept my dance floor packed during my wedding, which made me so happy. Working with Jeremy was great. We met to discuss what songs & type of music we wanted and ones that we didn’t (no chicken dance was played). It was such a pleasure to have Jeremy at my wedding!

Sent on 05/16/2014

Jodi · Married on 03/30/2014

My husband and I had a great experience with using Ray the DJ for our wedding!
    Our Personal DJ's name was Jeff and he did an awesome job. He wasn't too loud or pushy and did a great job working with the "vibe" of our guests!
    They make the whole experience very stress free with their easy to use website. You just fill out their spreadsheet (what songs played when) and you have the option to leave instructions for your DJ if desired.
    I would HANDS DOWN recommend Ray the DJ for your Disc Jockey needs!

Sent on 04/14/2014
  • Ashlee

Ashlee · Married on 03/29/2014

We worked with James from Ray the DJ and he was awesome! The DJ was one of our toughest vendors to choose because you never really know what you're getting until the day of and most DJs are pricey. I'm so happy we chose James! From our first meeting we knew we wanted to hire him because he was so knowledgeable about music and he knew exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. He also didn't try to up-sell us on any packages...he gave honest answers when we asked his opinion and made suggestions based on what we were looking for. Plus, he brought his turn tables to the wedding. Awesome! Thanks, Ray the DJ, for sending James our way!

Sent on 04/07/2014

Amie · Married on 02/21/2014

I had a great experience with Ray the DJ! Jeremy was our DJ for the wedding and he was amazing. I felt super comfortable with Heremy understand our playlist and our vision. He also supported us with uplighting and doing a photo slideshow. All of our guests thought the uplighting added so much and the slideshow was so fun!!! I really appreciated the great job they did and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 03/22/2014
  • Boo&Sully14

chelsey · Married on 02/15/2014

When we first met Jeremy we had already met with several other DJ companies and weren't able to find the right one for us. The second we started talking to Jeremy we knew he was the one for us! He was knowledgeable, funny, and an all around great guy! He made our night everything we imagined and so much more. Our guest could not say enough great things about him!

Sent on 03/31/2014

Jeff from Ray the DJ kept the party going all night long! From the moment we stepped into our reception, the dance floor was lively and the music was so fun.

Jeff was also great to work with leading up to the big day. I had a special request song I wanted for my dance with my dad, and Jeff made sure to have it (this was a big deal: my dad is NOT a dancer). We had so many guests tell us that he was the best wedding DJ ever!

Sent on 01/27/2014

Megan · Married on 12/31/2013

Jeff the DJ! He was awesome!! He was our DJ for out New Years Eve wedding at Villa Siena. He kept the guests engaged and dancing litterally all night until the 12 o'clock countodwn. He did a great job of taking requests and keeping us organized on the scheduled events garter/bouquet etc. Very entertaining without being overly cheesey!! I am extremely happy with Jeff at Ray the DJ! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Erica · Married on 12/28/2013

We hired Mike from Ray the DJ for our December wedding. He was absolutely fantastic! We met up with him a few times to discuss our timeline, music styles, and requests and he was extremely friendly and accommodating. My husband had a few odd requests for introductory music (like, you know, the theme from Conan the Barbarian) and Mike made it happen. He was totally on top of everything the day of the wedding, and even when we had a few hiccups with the reception timing and the caterer he worked to smooth it all out.
    Mike was great at making sure the reception was on time and seamless. He did a fantastic job. Highly recommend him and Ray the DJ!

Sent on 01/11/2015

Randy recently DJ'd and MC'd our wedding. He was phenomenal. The aspect we appreciated the most was the mix of songs played at our reception. He did not simply play two fast than one slow, then repeat the pattern. He truly provided a mix of young, old, fast, slow that truly fit our event and tone of the evening. The guests loved him and we received countless compliments. He respected our requests and handled interruptions, noise ordinances, and surprises with grace and ease.

The planning with Randy was seamless as well. The Ray the DJ company provides an amazing website where you and your guests can request songs and provide most of the detail of your event ahead of time. However, Randy still took the time to meet with us personally and to call a few days in advance to see if anything had changed or if anything on the website was missed. This communication cleared up a lot of potential bumps or hitches, and made the entire thing go smoothly from our perspective.

Hiring Randy with Ray the DJ was one of the best decisions I made while planning this wedding! We are so grateful to Randy for his hard work and making our day a success!

Sent on 12/09/2013

Tiffany · Married on 11/23/2013

Ray the was the DJ and MC during our reception and he was fantastic! Not only did he provide awesome dance music, but it was seamless with the band. There were no pauses between when the band stopped and Ray the DJ started so the dance floor was always packed with high energy and wedding guests dancing like crazy. We had a blast all night! He was also an excellent MC! Procounced all the names correctly and kept a nice flow between all of the events. He wsa funny and professional. Also very affordable. We highly recommend Ray the DJ and were so pleased with our reception- we had the time of our lives with our family and friends! Everyone raved about the reception!!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Erin · Married on 11/15/2013

Jeremy is awesome!! He was responsive and helpful and made the whole night go very smoothly. We live out of town so we had multiple phone conversations with him and he was great every time. He listened to our requests and had everyone dancing all night long. He also gave us a deal on uplighting- we decided to do it about 2 weeks before the wedding and it was a great decision. He assured me it wouldn't look "tacky" and he was right! Everyone at Ray the DJ that I corresponded with (mostly via email) during our entire engagement was also great. Would highly recommend Ray the DJ and Jeremy!!

Sent on 12/08/2013

We had Jeff at our reception. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ at our reception. Jeff had a timeline, followed it, and helped direct my husband and I for the things that we wanted to do (i.e. Dollar Dance, bouquet/garter toss, etc). Jeff worked our crowd very well. I've been to weddings where the DJ blasts the music as loud as possible and plays crap music that no one wants to dance to. Not Jeff; he paid attention to what songs got people up and dancing and made sure to keep the sound at a reasonable level as requested. We are very happy with our service from Jeff

Sent on 12/05/2013