302 Reviews for Ray the DJ

Uplighting (13)
Bilingual MC (4)
Liability Insurance (1)
302 Ray the DJ Reviews

Marcus was absolutely amazing. He made our wedding the best it could have possibly been and we are so grateful to have had him as our DJ. - jamie and Erich

Profile Picture Jamie, 5/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We hired James from Ray the DJ and he was awesome!! We were looking for someone who was a good MC but wouldn’t be too chatty during the reception, someone who could read the crowd and keep the party going. James did all those things! People danced the night away all night long. Couldn’t recommend him or the company more!

Profile Picture Amy, 4/27/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Oh my - I can’t say enough good things about Ray the DJ. Was totally on board and made my family traditions and odd requests happen gracefully. He sounds like a 50s radio announcer - enthusiastic but so smooth.

Profile Picture Paige, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We had Marcus as our DJ- he is awesome! Makes himself available for questions, helps with song choices, makes sure he has all the details, gets to know his crowd and is adaptable. We were dancing all night!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/24/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Bilingual MC, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had Jeremy (DJ EzPz) put on an awesome wedding for us. I strongly recommend him and this company

Profile Picture Mike, 3/16/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Jeremy was our DJ and he was amazing! Everyone loved the music at or wedding and gave us compliments about what a terrific DJ Jeremy is! Very professional, kind, attentive, and plays great music! He was right on point with everything! I would highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Julie , 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Ray the DJ, and more specifically Marcus, was fantastic for our wedding! He was extremely attentive to our music choices, and mixed a fantastic and energetic evening that all of our guests enjoyed. He was both quirky and professional, and made sure to keep all of the guests involved and on their feet. The uplighting they provided also brought the room together and looked awesome. We highly recommend Ray the DJ for your event, they will do a great job!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/9/18, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

I got married at Villa Siena on 25th of February (2018). I've been communicating with Marcus the whole 9 months of planning. Marcus was so professional and organized ! He was also patient with my husband and I went it came to last minute changes (meaning the day before). I appreciate you so much Marcus and Staff. I would use them again!

Profile Picture Aicha, 2/25/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

He was awesome, would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Kristina, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

Marcus with Ray the DJ was wonderful to work with. He provided the sound system for our ceremony (since amplified music was not permitted with our venue) and the reception music. He was very thorough and helpful during the planning process, and our evening could not have run more smoothly. At the wedding, he played a variety of music and kept people dancing throughout the night. It was a truly wonderful experience working with Marcus and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

Profile Picture Kristen, 12/23/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Ray the DJ did an outstanding job with our wedding, and I loved all the songs he played. He helped everyone have an awesome time on the dance floor! Ray was so professional and a pleasure to work with. I would hire him again in a heart beat!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Zofia, 11/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony music, and cocktail hour and reception music. Marcus was our DJ and he made sure that everyone was entertained. I've honestly never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding before! Marcus was very professional and we very much enjoyed working with him.

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/17/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Teffanie was incredible! She was absolutely the star of the evening for us. She played games and kept our guests entertained the entire night. I was told it was the best and most fun wedding people had ever been to because of her!! She was so fun to work with and so accommodating. Love her!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 4/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony, cocktail and reception music and we were 100% pleased with all aspects. After talking with Breanna about what we envisioned for our wedding we were assigned Teffanie as our DJ and she was the perfect fit!. She was incredibly prompt and organized leading up to the wedding and was willing to meet in person to discuss any questions or concerns. At the wedding she played all of the songs we requested and kept things running so smoothly all night. She acted as our emcee for the night and things flowed seamlessly from start to finish. Our dance floor stayed packed from the first song to the last and our guests did not want to leave after the last song was over. It was truly a great experience and I am so glad we decided to use Ray the DJ and Teffanie!

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/24/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

My husband and I were so please with Marcus. He did an amazing job and we enjoyed working with him. Once we met Marcus, we knew he was the one we wanted to use. He was so professional and knew exactly what we wanted. His attention to detail was second to none. We would highly recommend Marcus to everyone. Thank you Marcus. You were exceptional and loved the "Italian" reference in our reception. In addition to the music, Marcus did our up-lighting. He created and amazing ambiance to the event and evening. Superb. :)

Profile Picture Debbie, 2/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Bilingual MC, One Event Per Day

McDowell Mountain had Ray the DJ down as a vendor for their Complete Wedding Package. We had the pleasure of having Marcus as our wedding DJ! He is insanely passionate about what he does & it shows! Our first meeting was enjoyable getting to know Marcus & he was very eager to be our DJ. We chose his services over the other vendor offered under MMGC's package. The website you use to communicate songs with the DJ is easy to use & Marcus confirmed everything with us before wedding day. Small hiccup with a microphone during the speeches but it was handled professionally & we HIGHLY recommend Marcus from Ray the DJ!

Profile Picture User4554393, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

We worked with Andy from Ray the DJ for our wedding and everything went wonderfully. He met with us before the date to get a sense of what we were looking for as far as DJ services and he did a great job. He and his team set everything up for the ceremony, including a standing mic for our reader and a lapel mic for our officiant. He and Ray the DJ were very easy to work.

Profile Picture User5451041, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We used Robert Wolfe with Ray the DJ for our wedding back in November 2016. He was wonderful! About a week before the wedding I had no idea what to walk down the aisle to, called him and he gave me the most beautiful suggestion! It was perfect and I am forever grateful. The day of we had some technical difficulties with our venues sound system and Robert was there to save the day! All our guest said for weeks how much they loved the music! Thanks Robert, and Ray the DJ!

Profile Picture Brittany, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Entertainer
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Mike was great! He was able to modify our song last minute so we were not dancing for 4 minutes and add in a few last minute toasts. He also communicated with us very well regarding what we are doing next and the game rules. Over the phone, he was great at accommodating our needs when we wanted a change.

Profile Picture User4102670, 1+ year ago, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones

My husband and I had a tough time deciding between a band or DJ for a wedding, but we went with Ray and we’re SO glad we did! He was the perfect DJ for the kind of party we wanted. We had our guests make song requests when they sent in their RSVPs and Ray helped us turn that into a playlist to get everyone on the dance floor. We had people dancing from the very start of the night to the end. It was perfect and Ray was great!

Profile Picture Chelsey & Rhett, 11/5/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

We had Gustavo at our wedding and he was perfect! We needed someone that could blend a variety of music especially with Mexican music and he did an incredible job. He was great at keeping the party going without interrupting with too much talking. Breanna was always prompt with a response and made everything so easy! Would definitely recommend them :)

Profile Picture Brooke, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Marcus was absolutely wonderful! He was so great to work with from the very first meeting - he called to check in a couple times and assisted us with any questions we had. He was patient and let us make our wedding and playlist our own while using his DJ expertise to play the perfect mix and make our party super fun!! He had an awesome attitude and accepted requests with a smile and even extended our time on the night of! Thanks so much Marcus!!!!

Profile Picture Hillary, 10/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Uplighting

Wow! Ray the DJ was absolutely amazing for our wedding on 10/21/16. I requested Ray himself after attending my friends wedding and got blown away by his passion and humor. Ray played the "newly wed" game after dinner and it was one of the most talked about moments at our wedding. He really read the dancing crowd and played music that fit well to keep the party going. I am so glad I booked with Ray, no regrets!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer

Robert Wolfe with Ray the DJ was our DJ at our wedding last week. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. He responded quickly to all of my emails and helped me with a playlist. On the day of the wedding, I had a couple of minor last minute changes and he took care of them without any problem. Robert played incredible music and really kept my guests on the dance floor for the entire night. All of my guests have been telling me how much fun they had. He really knows how to keep the party going. I highly recommend Robert.
Also, Breanna with Ray the DJ was excellent in setting me up with Robert and answering all of my questions and emails in a timely manner.

Profile Picture User6142827, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews