Ray the DJ Reviews

304 Reviews for Ray the DJ

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

304 Ray the DJ Reviews

Jim · Married on 09/02/2018

Ray was exceptional. He worked with us to set up the best dance music and was flexible when we changed things at the last minute. His introductions and "DJ" patter was spot on. We would us his services again.

Nicole · Married on 07/14/2018

Marcus was awesome and professional. He kept in communication and worked around our busy schedule. The music was on point for my wedding, everyone was up and dancing the whole time. He did some announcements in Italian which was great because I had some family that came to celebrate that spoke it. He listened to what we wanted and our night was great!

Jamie · Married on 05/24/2018

Marcus was absolutely amazing. He made our wedding the best it could have possibly been and we are so grateful to have had him as our DJ. - jamie and Erich

Amy · Married on 04/27/2018

We hired James from Ray the DJ and he was awesome!! We were looking for someone who was a good MC but wouldn’t be too chatty during the reception, someone who could read the crowd and keep the party going. James did all those things! People danced the night away all night long. Couldn’t recommend him or the company more!

Paige · Married on 04/21/2018

Oh my - I can’t say enough good things about Ray the DJ. Was totally on board and made my family traditions and odd requests happen gracefully. He sounds like a 50s radio announcer - enthusiastic but so smooth.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Ray the DJ's reply:

Paige, your wedding absolutely rocked! I'll never forget the "15 Minutes of Midwest"--one of the many highlights of your celebration! You did such a great job of choosing the music to be a true reflection of you and Darryl and your entire family :-) THANK YOU for including me in the fun!

Sara · Married on 03/24/2018

We had Marcus as our DJ- he is awesome! Makes himself available for questions, helps with song choices, makes sure he has all the details, gets to know his crowd and is adaptable. We were dancing all night!

Mike · Married on 03/16/2018

We had Jeremy (DJ EzPz) put on an awesome wedding for us. I strongly recommend him and this company

Julie · Married on 03/10/2018

Jeremy was our DJ and he was amazing! Everyone loved the music at or wedding and gave us compliments about what a terrific DJ Jeremy is! Very professional, kind, attentive, and plays great music! He was right on point with everything! I would highly recommend them!

Jennifer · Married on 03/09/2018

Ray the DJ, and more specifically Marcus, was fantastic for our wedding! He was extremely attentive to our music choices, and mixed a fantastic and energetic evening that all of our guests enjoyed. He was both quirky and professional, and made sure to keep all of the guests involved and on their feet. The uplighting they provided also brought the room together and looked awesome. We highly recommend Ray the DJ for your event, they will do a great job!

Aicha · Married on 02/25/2018

I got married at Villa Siena on 25th of February (2018). I've been communicating with Marcus the whole 9 months of planning. Marcus was so professional and organized ! He was also patient with my husband and I went it came to last minute changes (meaning the day before). I appreciate you so much Marcus and Staff. I would use them again!

Kristina · Married on 01/06/2018

He was awesome, would recommend to anyone!

Kristen · Married on 12/23/2017

Marcus with Ray the DJ was wonderful to work with. He provided the sound system for our ceremony (since amplified music was not permitted with our venue) and the reception music. He was very thorough and helpful during the planning process, and our evening could not have run more smoothly. At the wedding, he played a variety of music and kept people dancing throughout the night. It was a truly wonderful experience working with Marcus and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great DJ!

• Z

Zofia · Married on 11/18/2017

Ray the DJ did an outstanding job with our wedding, and I loved all the songs he played. He helped everyone have an awesome time on the dance floor! Ray was so professional and a pleasure to work with. I would hire him again in a heart beat!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Ray the DJ's reply:

Thank you Zofia! You and David have such a wonderful family and group of friends. I was truly honored to DJ for you and to be part of your fantastic, fun celebration!

Lauren · Married on 11/17/2017

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony music, and cocktail hour and reception music. Marcus was our DJ and he made sure that everyone was entertained. I've honestly never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding before! Marcus was very professional and we very much enjoyed working with him.

Lindsey · Married on 04/08/2017

Teffanie was incredible! She was absolutely the star of the evening for us. She played games and kept our guests entertained the entire night. I was told it was the best and most fun wedding people had ever been to because of her!! She was so fun to work with and so accommodating. Love her!

Jessica · Married on 03/24/2017

We used Ray the DJ for our ceremony, cocktail and reception music and we were 100% pleased with all aspects. After talking with Breanna about what we envisioned for our wedding we were assigned Teffanie as our DJ and she was the perfect fit!. She was incredibly prompt and organized leading up to the wedding and was willing to meet in person to discuss any questions or concerns. At the wedding she played all of the songs we requested and kept things running so smoothly all night. She acted as our emcee for the night and things flowed seamlessly from start to finish. Our dance floor stayed packed from the first song to the last and our guests did not want to leave after the last song was over. It was truly a great experience and I am so glad we decided to use Ray the DJ and Teffanie!

Debbie · Married on 02/03/2017

My husband and I were so please with Marcus. He did an amazing job and we enjoyed working with him. Once we met Marcus, we knew he was the one we wanted to use. He was so professional and knew exactly what we wanted. His attention to detail was second to none. We would highly recommend Marcus to everyone. Thank you Marcus. You were exceptional and loved the "Italian" reference in our reception. In addition to the music, Marcus did our up-lighting. He created and amazing ambiance to the event and evening. Superb. :)

Kasie · Married on 11/12/2016

McDowell Mountain had Ray the DJ down as a vendor for their Complete Wedding Package. We had the pleasure of having Marcus as our wedding DJ! He is insanely passionate about what he does & it shows! Our first meeting was enjoyable getting to know Marcus & he was very eager to be our DJ. We chose his services over the other vendor offered under MMGC's package. The website you use to communicate songs with the DJ is easy to use & Marcus confirmed everything with us before wedding day. Small hiccup with a microphone during the speeches but it was handled professionally & we HIGHLY recommend Marcus from Ray the DJ!

• User5451041 · 1+ year ago

We worked with Andy from Ray the DJ for our wedding and everything went wonderfully. He met with us before the date to get a sense of what we were looking for as far as DJ services and he did a great job. He and his team set everything up for the ceremony, including a standing mic for our reader and a lapel mic for our officiant. He and Ray the DJ were very easy to work.

Brittany · Married on 11/12/2016

We used Robert Wolfe with Ray the DJ for our wedding back in November 2016. He was wonderful! About a week before the wedding I had no idea what to walk down the aisle to, called him and he gave me the most beautiful suggestion! It was perfect and I am forever grateful. The day of we had some technical difficulties with our venues sound system and Robert was there to save the day! All our guest said for weeks how much they loved the music! Thanks Robert, and Ray the DJ!

Linda · Married on 11/06/2016

Mike was great! He was able to modify our song last minute so we were not dancing for 4 minutes and add in a few last minute toasts. He also communicated with us very well regarding what we are doing next and the game rules. Over the phone, he was great at accommodating our needs when we wanted a change.

Chelsey & Rhett · Married on 11/05/2016

My husband and I had a tough time deciding between a band or DJ for a wedding, but we went with Ray and we’re SO glad we did! He was the perfect DJ for the kind of party we wanted. We had our guests make song requests when they sent in their RSVPs and Ray helped us turn that into a playlist to get everyone on the dance floor. We had people dancing from the very start of the night to the end. It was perfect and Ray was great!

Brooke · Married on 11/05/2016

We had Gustavo at our wedding and he was perfect! We needed someone that could blend a variety of music especially with Mexican music and he did an incredible job. He was great at keeping the party going without interrupting with too much talking. Breanna was always prompt with a response and made everything so easy! Would definitely recommend them :)

Ashley · Married on 10/21/2016

Wow! Ray the DJ was absolutely amazing for our wedding on 10/21/16. I requested Ray himself after attending my friends wedding and got blown away by his passion and humor. Ray played the "newly wed" game after dinner and it was one of the most talked about moments at our wedding. He really read the dancing crowd and played music that fit well to keep the party going. I am so glad I booked with Ray, no regrets!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Ray the DJ's reply:

Ashley, Thank you so much! Ray really enjoyed working with you and loved the energy of your crowd! Congratulations to you and Brian!