Rania's Catering Reviews

Rania's Catering 4
Rania's Catering 5
  • Brent

Brent Kreider · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Incredible caterer and wedding planner

Rania helped bring our vision to life for our big day. First, she knocked the food out of the park. Our guests were raving about our hors d'oevres and then blown away during dinner and dessert. We had many guests tell us it was the best food they had ever had at a wedding! The service provided by Rania's team was also top notch throughout the entire event. And finally, Rania lead the charge in organizing all of our vendors leading up to wedding day, so that nothing skipped a beat. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for top notch food and service on their wedding day!

Sent on 10/24/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Brent and Krista! I absolutely loved working with you and hope that you will stay in touch with us and stop by soon so that we can hear your news. Love to you both - Rania

Andrea Fell · Getting married on 04/11/2020

Catering that takes away the worry.

Rania’s Catering is amazing and I do not use the word amazing to describe anything, especially when planning my daughter’s wedding. Rania’s entire team was the most impressive staff I have witnessed, working tirelessly and happily the entire evening. Staffing was perfectly scheduled to service our guest from the cocktail hour through the end of the evening. No waiting in bar lines to get a cocktail, meals were served hot to every guest at each table at the same time and the service continued as wine was served during dinner and cake service. The food was remarkable. The team of 9 chefs did a fabulous job. All food was cooked on site. The Hors d’oeuvres, the Chilean Sea Bass, Filet Mignon, Red Pepper and Sundried Tomato Stuffed Pasta was incredible. Meals were very important to us. We wanted all of our guest to be happy with dinner not just satisfied . Rania and her team exceeded our expectations. We received so many compliments on the food during the wedding and the days that followed. Compliments such as “never had wedding food like this” or “The filet was cooked to perfection.” and “ The fish was so thick and perfectly prepared and still hot. “ I should mention we had guest with food allergies who enjoyed the entire evening knowing they could enjoy the food without worry. The attention to detail Rania provides you while planning a special event is unmatched. Our family was blessed to have Rania and her team be a special part of our daughter’s wedding.

Sent on 12/02/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Andrea! Your review is amazing and I'm deeply touched that you took such care in writing such a beautiful review about our catering service as well as to mention our hard working staff. We truly enjoyed working with you and hope that you will stay in touch and visit us the next time you are in our neck of the woods! Love to you and your wonderful family - Rania
  • Carlie

Carlie · Getting married on 04/04/2020

More than just a caterer

Rania is an excellent caterer, but she is honestly much more than that as well. When we initially met with Rania, she took time out of her evening to discuss our wedding vision for hours and really listened to what we wanted while also giving thoughtful advice, which was much appreciated. Throughout out engagement, Rania and her team worked diligently to oversee all of the details of our wedding and ensured that everything was coordinated perfectly so that our wedding day went smoothly, and we are very appreciative for her advice and attention to detail. Her menu selections are vast, and she really takes the time to go through the menu with you to ensure that your wedding food is delicious and perfect--and it was both! We received numerous compliments on the food from our wedding, and her entire staff--chefs, bartenders, waiters, floor manages, etc. are beyond professional, which makes the event run incredibly smoothly. Rania was very organized throughout the process and helped to coordinate all of the different vendors. It is evident that she has much experience in this field! Finally, Rania was always accessible to discuss any changes or questions througout the process. We are very happy with Rania and her entire staff and are so happy with our decision to have her as our caterer!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Hello Carlie! It's been over 18 months since we catered your wedding and I can't believe that you are still glowing over your wedding. I loved working with you and Mike and am still sharing your Grand Hall photos from the Pennsylvanian to all of my couples. You set the bar high on your wedding and we were thrilled to be part of the party. Please promise to stay in touch and come visit us when you are in our neck of the woods!

Kerry Abbiatici · Married on 11/16/2019

Wedding Reception

Please know that when you rent the Grand Hall at ‘The Pennsylvanian’ in Pittsburgh that you don’t rule it out when they tell you everything has to be brought in to that space! Our daughters / son-in-laws wedding reception was there a few weeks ago and it was absolutely perfect! The vendors they chose were all awesome to work with and Rania Harris and her catering staff made sure every last detail came together with an amazing menu! Our appetizers, dinner entrees, wedding cake and creme brûlée that Rania provided were both beautifully prepared and delicious! We are still enjoying all of the wonderful feedback from our reception! Rania and her staff are experienced, professional and very organized down to the last spoon needed for an event—If you want a first-class wedding reception with an awesome menu then contact Rania Harris and her staff!

Rania's Catering 6
    Rania's Catering 7
    Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Diane

Diane Benacquista Seybert · Married on 11/09/2019

Catered my daughter’s wedding at the Pittsburgh Botanic Garden

Rania’s food was the talk of the reception! Everyone said it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten! Worth every penny! Rania and her team made sure everything was exactly the way we wanted it and it was perfect!

Rania's Catering 8
    Rania's Catering 9
    Rania's Catering 10
    Sent on 11/26/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Diane! We truly enjoyed working with you and wish the newlyweds all the best. Please stop by if you are in our neck of the woods - we would love to see you again!
  • Cathy

Cathy Emanuelson · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic!!

My daughter's wedding, at the Pgh Botanic Garden, was wonderful!! Rania, her very friendly and professional staff and the delicious meal made the evening a total success!!
    Rania is "hands on". She was pitching in wherever she was needed. She also helped us with the planning of the wedding. She really knows what works. Thank you Rania!! We really appreciated everything!!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Cathy! We appreciate you and hope that we can be of service again in the near future! Please promise to stay in touch and send my love to the newlyweds!

Mary Lou Vargo · Married on 09/07/2019

Rania is a gem!

We chose Rania to cater our daughter’s wedding at the Pennsylvanian which was not only one of the most important choices we made, it was also one of the best. The reception went seamlessly with an outstanding meal and service; however, Rania’s real added value is in her planning process. We did not use a wedding planner and with Rania, all aspects of the reception planning are included as part of her service. From our first contact with Rania about a year before the wedding and prior to signing a contract, she provided information including a range of menu offerings and a realistic estimated cost range per person. After the contract was signed and about 8 months ahead of the date, we had the menu planning meeting at her office where so much more than the menu was planned. Selection of the menu went easily as Rania had supplied us in advance with a document with her menu offerings, appetizers, and cakes which we had used to narrow down our selections prior to this meeting. Based on her years of professional experience, Rania provided us with suggestions where we had uncertainties. Rania led us through floor plan options, table settings and linens choices, and developed the timeline for the reception. She has numerous CAD layouts of floor plans from prior weddings that helped up to choose the right elements for our event. The menu tastings meeting came about a month later to finalize the menu. In order to assure the reception runs smoothly, Rania coordinates with the reception vendors so she will ask for their contact information a few months ahead. A few weeks before the wedding, we filled in the meal selection spreadsheet provided by Rania for guest table seating assignments with their meal selections. She has a tried and true spreadsheet and the result is that her servers know exactly which guests are seated at their table and what their meal selections are. It made for a great experience when our guests were served. This brings us to the service at the reception. Rania’s entire staff was outstanding! There were numerous points in the evening when either the floor managers or Rania herself were at my side to assure that all was going well and our needs were met. And with that level of planning and service, we were truly able to enjoy being with our guests and the celebrating our daughter and son-in-law’s marriage. Rania delivered wonderful food and service with great professionalism and care. She is truly a gem and I would welcome the opportunity to work with her again.

Sent on 10/28/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Hello Mary Lou! I just posted your review on my Facebook page - what you wrote was so overwhelmingly sweet and so thoughtful. I loved working with you, Nate and Amanda and cannot thank you enough to write such a beautiful review. Please stay in touch - you were a dream come true client!

Chelsea Ashe · Married on 08/24/2019

Bride (wedding)

Rania & her staff were amazing

Sent on 06/06/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you for this review Chelsea and know that I thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your family. Both you and your mother were a delight and my hope is that you will stay in touch with us and visit again soon. ❤️

Kim Roderick · Married on 07/24/2019

Rania and Team Rocks

Rania and every one of her team members were professional, caring and provided excellent guidance from the beginning of our planning until the very end of the reception. Their food was superb ("best filet I ever had" and "these crab cakes are all crab!") The Pennsylvanian was a beautiful setting, but it could not have all come together as perfectly as it did without Rania and her team. No regrets, just do it!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Kim for this glorious review. You were a dream come true as the mother of the bride and so lovely to work with. Please promise to stay in touch!
  • Leslie

Leslie Metarko · Married on 06/29/2019

Rania helped to ensure my daughter's wedding was perfect

Rania and her staff were wonderful to work with. Rania's extensive knowledge of not only catering but of all aspects of planning a wedding made it so easy for us. The meals and appetizers were outstanding. The service staff was professional and efficient. I would recommend Rania to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 07/25/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Leslie for not only this lovely review but also for the opportunity to get to know you during our year long wedding planning together. You were truly a joy to work with and I can honestly tell you that I miss our phone conversations and meetings. Please promise to stay in touch! Much love - Rania

Heather · Married on 06/22/2019

Not only was the food fantastic, the staff and service are second to none. "This dinner is amazing" was a direct quote from the father of the bride!

They ran a seamless show behind the scenes. It's so rare I get to work with such a great team. Plus, they are FUN!

I really hope we get to work together in the future!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Heather! We loved working with you too!!!

Celeste Rovito · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible!

INCREDIBLE! Simply put Rania is the best! She is so organized and on top of everything every step of the way. She takes such an overwhelming experience and simplifies it in the best way. Choosing Rania was by far the best wedding planning decision I made, and without a doubt my wedding was only as spectacular as it was because we had Rania! Every guest is still raving about the food and how phenomenal it was. Rania truly went above and beyond for us, even helping us alter the seating chart the night before due to some last minute cancellations and reassuring us that all will be wonderful. We could not thank her enough for everything!

Sent on 07/26/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Celeste! I love catering weddings and the main reason is because of the relationships that I form with my clients. The sad part is that we lose touch after the wedding is over. It is my hope that you will stay in touch and let me know how you were doing. Please give your mother a big hug and kiss from me! Know that I send hugs and kisses your way, as well ❤️

Susan Ashe · Married on 05/24/2019

Rania is the best - from food to coordination!

The experience we had with Rania was nothing less than perfect! The food was absolutely delicous! She and her staff set up at The Pennsylvanian and cooked every meal to order. Many of our guests said it was the best food they had ever eaten at a reception (or anywhere!) and one of my friends even asked for the salad dressing recipe! Rania also acted as our wedding coordinator - helping us select everything from the menu, acting as the liaison with every one of our vendors (DJ, florist, All-Occasions party rental, etc.), organizing and running the rehearsal, and finally acting as point on everything the day of the wedding. The event was beautiful and Rania kept us on schedule, making sure that everyone and everything was where they needed to be. Rania is very personable and easy to work with, handled last minute changes effortlessly and was always responsive. I highly recommend Rania - you will be extremely pleased!

Sent on 07/29/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you for this incredible review Susie! I had such a good time working with you and Chelsea on the wedding and can’t begin to tell you what a pleasure it was to meet you and be a part of this very important day in your lives. I hope that you will stay in touch and visit us again soon. OK thanks for the review as well as the opportunity to be of service ❤️

Emily · Married on 05/18/2019

You Won't Regret Booking Rania!

Nothing bad to say about Rania. From the beginning, Rania was responsive, professional, and just overall fantastic. Not only is she a caterer, she is a seasoned event planner who will help you coordinate your day to perfection. Every time I told another vendor I was working with Rania, they responded with a sigh of relief and an "oh, good!" Because of Rania, the wedding went off without a hitch. Each member of her staff was experienced and lovely. We had an absolutely wonderful day, and it was all thanks to Rania.

The food speaks for itself. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the food served on our wedding night. In my opinion, you're a fool for not booking Rania!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Emily! Your review means the world to me and I so enjoyed plannig your wedding with you and absolutely loved working with you and Silas!

Stephanie R Rhoads · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful Experience!

My husband and I are so happy that we chose to work with Rania and her team for our May 2019 wedding! Our wedding was at The Pennsylvanian, and no one has more experience at this venue than Rania. Each and every step of the planning process with Rania and her team was so smooth and easy. Each of our planning meetings left us more confident that we made the right decision to trust in Rania's expertise. Rania was so helpful with the planning process; from the ease of choosing our rentals, timeline development and management and the inter-vendor scheduling and communications - way more than we had expected from our caterer. In addition, the food (most important) was amazing and delicious!
    On our wedding day, Rania and her team were incredibly professional and caring. We had non-stop compliments from our guests about their experience with the staff. The food was also delicious! Some of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food they had ever had - what a compliment!
    Rania and her team went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect. We would recommend Rania's Catering to any couple planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you for this incredible review as well as for the opportunity to be of service on this most important day in your lives. You were a delight to work with and I sincerely hope that you will stay in touch with us. Love to you both! Rania
  • Leah

Leah Herman · Married on 02/16/2019

Rania is THE wedding pro!

Rania is THE wedding pro. She helped us craft the menu and rentals that were in our budget, while not limiting quality. She has so much knowledge in the industry and genuinely wants to help create the perfect wedding reception. Most importantly, the food and staff really are top notch. Having delicious food paired with a hard-working, dedicated staff was one of our highest priorities for our wedding, and Rania and team delivered 100%. You can put full trust in Rania's team which eases you of SO much stress and worry. What I appreciated most was how communicative Rania and her team were in the final weeks before our wedding. Not only did they communicate with me, but they communicated with all of our reception vendors, which ensures everyone is on the same page. I think that communication was essential to the success of our wedding. It was perfect! Rania herself is a sweetheart full of love and hugs!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Leah and Eric! Working with you was and always will be a highlight for me in my catering career! You made the entire process fun and stress free and Eric's hugs always made my day! Love to you both - please stay in touch!!!

Eugenia F · Married on 02/16/2019

Perfect food for a large wedding at the Pennsylvanian.

Rania and her staff were wonderful and all of my guests (260) were extremely happy with the food!

Sent on 04/19/2019

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you for your five star review Eugenia! Your wedding was spectacular and I enjoyed every minute we spent planning it with you. Please drop by from time to time and let us know how you're doing.

Joanne Deluca · Married on 12/29/2018

Rania's Catering - Can I give 10 stars plus !!!!!

We were so pleased to have Rania manage and cater our daughter's wedding! The appetizers, meal, service, and all the staff greatly exceeded our expectations!
    Several friends and family guests told us afterwards that the food her team prepared was better than what they have received at high end restaurants in the city.
    The attention her staff paid to our guests and the manner in which they courteously attended to their needs was impeccable.
    Thank you so much for the services and the manner in which they were provided, and most importantly, thanks for helping us provide an elegant wedding for our daughter and son-in-law!
    We would recommend Rania's catering in a heartbeat to anyone!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Erin · Married on 11/16/2018

Amazing Food, Service and Coordination!

Rania's was recommended to me by a co-worker but was also one for the preferred vendors at my venue. I am so happy that I worked with her company, as they were one of the main reasons that my wedding went flawlessly. Rania's team executed everything exactly as promised and made sure all of our guests had an excellent night! The food was something that was really important to me so I was extremely happy when all of my guests talked about it for weeks after the wedding!
    Although I did not expect her to do this, Rania also coordinated with my other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page!
    Thanks Rania and team!

Sent on 12/07/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you for your lovely review! I really enjoyed working with you Erin and hope that we can stay in touch. You were so organized and truly a joy! Best wishes!
    Rania

Amy Lee · Married on 10/27/2018

Choose Rania as your Caterer! Look no further

Rania's catering did an excellent job at my daughter's wedding. From the taste testing to the actual day of the wedding. Our guest could not stop talking about the pan seared Chilean sea bass melted in their mouths. The horderves were fabulous and the way this staff pays close attention to detail made my daughters memories something she will cherish for the rest of her life. Food was the most important thing to her as well as creating a beautiful atmosphere. Rania kept all the venues organized and this made it a seamless effort which otherwise could be very stressful when trying to tie in all the details of a wedding. Rania takes the stress out of the planning process. Her attention to detail is tremendous and she stays on top of every single detail. I would highly recommend Rania to anyone who is planning a wedding especially at The Pennsylvanian an absolutely beautiful venue and landmark. My relatives even commented that the waitress addressed them by name which I thought was a very personal touch. Also the floor manager was excellent she was extremely efficient and on top of everything. You just asked and you had it! Rania you are top notch in your field--Simply the best! Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Amy! You were a delight to work with and as a mother of the bride, you rock! Please stay in touch and visit us again soon.

Shannon · Married on 10/27/2018

Wedding at The Pennsylvanian 10/27

Rania was flat out amazing from start to finish! As out of towners, we were genuinely concerned about acquiring a caterer that matched our high standards but were blown away by the food prepared by Rania. Everyone continues to rave about the hor’doeurves and the sea bass. In fact, my relatives are even considering having her cater my grandfather’s 100th birthday party! Thank you to Rania and her team for making our day flawless.

Sent on 11/09/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Shannon! I loved working with you and your family and wish you lived in Pittsburgh! Please stay in touch the next time you visit.

Amanda Jacobson · Married on 10/14/2018

A fantastic catering choice for any couple planning their wedding

Rania was such a delight to work with, from beginning to end! She was accommodating, knowledgeable, and helpful with us as we planned our dinner menu. She made herself available to us as a resource for the months leading up to our wedding, and was extremely prompt responding to any of our questions or requests about the process. In addition, Rania worked very hard to coordinate her catering with the other vendors at our wedding. She and her staff made absolutely delicious, beautiful food and were extremely friendly and professional during our reception. We cannot recommend working with Rania enough, she exceeded our expectations in every respect!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Liz Visco · Married on 10/13/2018

You need Rania at your wedding

Future brides, you need Rania at your wedding. If it weren’t for Rania my wedding would have been a complete disaster. She was my saving grace through all the chaos that seemed to be thrown my way. You need someone like her in your corner to make sure your day turns out perfect. Her level of professionalism and talent in this field is untouchable. My guests are still raving about the food at my wedding!! Rania, I can’t thank you enough for making my day perfect. You were the best decision we made through this entire process.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Liz! I loved working with you and I promise you that you have made a friend for life! See you soon ~ hugs and kisses ~ Rania
  • Cortney

Cortney · Married on 09/22/2018

Choosing Ranias Catering for our wedding was the best decision we ever made. We are so thankful for everything rania and her staff did to make our day perfect. You’re crazy if you second guess Ranias Catering!

Sent on 10/01/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Cortney! I loved working you and Chris! You were both the dream team!!!!

jacqueline · Married on 09/21/2018

Wow where do I start?! Rania's Catering went above and beyond our expectations throughout the entire process. Rania and her staff are extremely talented and detail oriented from planning to executing your dream wedding. My husband and I had many specific and often last minute requests that she handled with ease and provided us so many options to choose from. Rania herself is a true culinary artist when it comes to flavor profiles, plating, and making sure the last bite is as good as the first. Our cocktail hour featured a Tuscan table with charcuterie, stuffed peppers, and a bruschetta bar, which our guests still rave about. Dinner included a filet, crab cake, and butternut squash ravioli, all three options I would gladly eat again and again( also expressed by our guests). She has exceptional professionalism and talent for executing catering and events, which was a huge help to us as we were planning our wedding mostly ourselves. I cannot express enough how happy we were with the level of service we received & the friendliness of her staff. Rania's catering is truly the best & I will definitely be using her services again in the future.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Rania's Catering's reply:

Thank you Jacqueline and Cody for this wonderful review as well as the opportunity to be of service. We loved working with you - we loved your creativity and we love you! Please promise to stay in touch!